Incomplete

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Jongup’s POV*

I slowly opened my eyes, only to be met with darkness.

I was on my knees, chains holding me up at the wrist.

Where am I? I felt the ground and looked around. I was in some sort of large glass box, but the material felt sturdier. Stronger than just any glass. What happened?

The only thing I could remember was being dragged away from the others and…being…muzzled.

A cold chill shot up my spine at the memory.

I tugged the chains, they seemed like pretty normal chains. I can easily break out of these. However, when I tugged even harder a surge shot down my arms throughout my entire body. “Arrgg!” I groaned at the electric power that shocked my entire body. Of course.

Just then the floor in the front of me began to light up in a straight line, and I heard the sound of heels coming closer and closer my way.

It seemed like forever before the person made it three inches in front of my glass cage. “So you’re awake.” She smiled.

I was speechless. She was beautiful. Her hair was long and a golden brown. She wore a sweet but cynical smile on her red lips. She was poised, but there was something strong and mysterious about her. She just chuckled in amusement.

“Your friends aren’t just any group of demons and humans, are they?” She spoke, still finding something hilarious.

I remained silent. Who is she?

She maintained a stiff smile, but her eyes became serious. “They better be careful. They don’t know who they’re dealing with.” She warned.

I just stared at her. It doesn’t take a scientist to know that whoever she is, she’s no good. “So tell me. What are your friends trying to do? I must know…so that there aren’t any…misunderstandings.” She said.

I kept my mouth shut. There’s no way I’m telling her anything.

“I know you can hear me, so there’s no need to pretend not to.” She said, still failing to squeeze anything out of me.

She frowned at this. “Tell me.” She demanded impatiently. “What do you think?” I growled.

There was a slight pause before she busted out into dry laughter. “You think you’re tough huh?” She said.

I stared her down.

“Well, we’ll drive that out of you very quickly.” She scowled. Just then the box maneuvered, hanging me now upside down.

At that moment a short man in white with oversized circular glasses scurried into the scene. “Ma’am, Jaemin has returned and reported that the main hex facility was infiltrated and the intruders escaped.” The man quickly said, his body quivering at the bad news. Only to have the pureblood hum amusingly.

“Okay, make sure Sooyoung takes care of them.” She said.

“Yes’m. She already on it.” He reported.

“Good.” She said, her eyes never leaving me. The little man bowed and waddled away.

I could feel the blood begin to reach my head. “I thought your friends got the message after we took you. But I guess not. Oh well, looks like I’ll just keep taking until they get the point.” She said once the little man was gone.

“You’ll never stop them.” I breathed.

“That’s a challenge I’m willing to accept. Just watch me. Whatever it is they’re planning. It will fail.” She said with very high confidence. Just then the box flipped back over and the chains unlocked, forcing me hard on my knees.

“And if I were you, I wouldn’t try to escape. Any attempt will have quite a breath taking result…literally.” A smirk was pressed on her soft red lips.

“Why don’t you just kill me?” I asked curiously, feeling extremely woozy.

“Isn’t it obvious? You’ll be quite useful when the time comes.” And with that she spun on her heels walking away. However, she stopped three fourths of the way, looking halfway over her shoulders. “Oh! And if you’re wondering who I am…the name is Taeyeon.”

The lights went off and I heard the sound of a door opening and closing, leaving me by myself in the dark.

I sat sown, pressing my back against the glass wall, rubbing my wrists. The chains were pretty tight.

I rest my head back, not knowing what to expect from here on out, but my main worry was Himchan. Will he be okay? Will he be safe? I know he must be hurting, thinking that I’m dead. “Himchan please stay strong…for me.”

 

*Jaehwan’s POV*

Early the next morning we headed out. We bought an updated map and before we knew it, we were on our way.

I stayed by Taekwoon, still feeling a bit alienated from him. I still don’t know what he is…and I’ve known him for nearly a hundred years. How come he’s never told me? Why hadn’t I ever asked before then? I’m such a terrible friend.

I took a deep breath. There’s no reason for me not to ask again…right? “Um Taekwoon?” I said, tapping his arm shyly. He looked at me silently. How come I felt embarrassed all of a sudden?

How do I ask? “Um…I was wondering, uh…could you tell me what you are?” I blushed a little, finally getting it out, I didn’t want to be annoying, but it felt like an important thing to know. “I feel really bad because I’ve known you for so many years and…and I still don’t know what you are.” I confessed, deciding to be completely honest.

Taekwoon only nodded, not saying anything. “Soo~, are you going to tell me?” I asked hopeful.

Taekwoon glanced away, as if not really wanting to do so. Was he mad at me? “I’m sorry if you’re mad. You don’t have to tell me now…I guess.” I rubbed my arm feeling slightly hurt and walked ahead of him, joining Youngjae and Daehyun.

“Are you okay?” Youngjae asked, noticing my glum face. “Uh…yeah…I’m fine.” I forced a smile.

However, he wasn’t convinced. “Trust me I am. I’m just nervous by all this.” I lied yet was honest.

“Mm hm.” He still wasn’t convinced but decided not to push it.

We stopped by the mall to buy some new clothes and hats and sunglasses to help hide our identity. We roamed around the city of Daegu, following wherever the map led us.

We chose not to teleport there, not finding it safe to do so. “It looks like the place is on the north western edge of Inch’on.” Taecyeon pointed out as we got a better look of the map while we took a quick rest break after several hours of traveling.

“And it looks like you’re at the end of your journey.” An all too familiar voice came from behind.

We all spun around, facing the source. I narrowed my eyes, “Sooyoung.”

“Ooh~, I see you’ve grown up a lot.” She remarked. I just stared her down.

“I would love to chat but…Get them.” She ordered.

All the people around us suddenly stopped all that they were doing and growled at us. Their eyes were a dull red and drool ripped from their mouths. “Minions.” Hyunseung said with much disgust.

The windows and doors automatically shut themselves, blocking anyone from entering or leaving, or even seeing from the outside.

“You have something that doesn’t belong to you.” Sooyoung said, referring to the map.

Taecyeon quickly folded both maps, slipping them securely in his pocket. “You have to get through us first.” He cracked his neck, eyes beaming gold. At this the minions attacked.

 

*3rd Person POV*

Taecyeon leaped out first, extending his sharp teeth, taking on the first set of minions that came after them. Clawing his first victim in the face.

Kikwang nearly got distracted, he’d never seen an Alpha fight before, but he quickly snapped back into reality at the sound of Keomi’s scream. He quickly grabbed her, dodging out the way of a minion jumping at them.

Taec attacked the vampire, keeping it away from the two. “Th-Thank you.” Kikwang blushed in embarrassment, before scooping the child in his arms. “No problem.” Taecyeon smiled, snapping the minion’s head.

 

Ravi shot at the minions with ease, taking them out one by one. A minion jumped from behind but Hakyeon slammed his foot in its face into the ground and cracked its skull. “You’re welcome.” The incubus smiled cheekily.

“I have it under control.” The ex-hex hunter muttered, elbowing his opponent in the face. “Your gratefulness is more than I can bear.” Hakyeon chuckled, dodging a hit from the minion.

 

Himchan’s irises glowered red as he charged towards Sooyoung, but Yongguk quickly stopped him, pulling him back by his shoulders. “What are you doing?” Himchan spun around nearly hissing at the elder. “Stopping you from making a stupid mistake.” Yongguk said.

The younger glared at him, “I’m going. I need to make her pay for taking Jongup.” He nearly snapped. Yongguk narrowed his eyes, “No Himchan, your mind isn’t clear. You won’t be able to beat her in this state. You’ll get hurt.” He urged.

“Just watch me.” Himchan pulled away from the pureblood, sprinting at vampiric speed.

“Hyunseung! Daehyun!” Yongguk called. Within a split second the two tackled Himchan, overpowering him. “Sorry Himchan.” Daehyun said sadly as they dragged Himchan out of the restaurant.

 

Yoseob took Keomi from Kikwang to allow the human to fight better. The vampire jumped behind a bar, hiding there for Keomi’s protection. He found a stack of plates and threw them at the oncoming minions and shooting them with his gun. “Such a waste of good plates.” He remarked.

Keomi peeked over the bar counter watching the scene in awe. Yoseob noticed this a bit surprised that she wasn’t scared, or fi she was…she didn’t show it. “Please stay down. You peeking up like that is making me nervous.” He said. The 8-year-old stared a little longer before obeying the elder.

 

Jun K and Doojoon leaped over a group of minions heading towards Sooyoung. However, when they got close to her she disappeared. “What the heck?” Jun k said, skidding on his feet. “Where did she go?”

 

Dongwoon side kicked a minion in the chest and shot it dead. Another jumped on his back, but Youngjae shot its spine, causing it to fall off.

Please log in to read the full chapter