Run

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Hongbin’s POV*

After the presentation on Saturday, Himchan didn’t let Hyuk out of the house, because most people already knew he was part human and part vampire. So, he was pretty much everyone’s target. I decided to stay home with him, it wasn’t safe to be out anyway.

Wonsik kept calling, but I was too uneasy to answer. It didn’t feel like the right time to talk to him. He’d probably talk about how great the presentation was.

I rolled my eyes at the thought, that was the last thing I wanted to hear.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. When I checked, I saw that it was Wonsik and ignored it. “Was it Ravi?” Hyuk asked, seeing as I wasn’t going to answer the phone call. We were in Hyuk’s room, sitting on his small twin sized bed.

I nodded silently.

“You should probably answer. He may be extremely worried at this point.” Hyuk spoke softly.

I didn’t respond.

Hyuk tilted his head sideways, studying me slightly. “Are you mad?” He asked curiously, keeping his quiet and soft tone. I remained silent.

“You can’t be mad at him for something he hasn’t done.” Hyuk said, taking my silence as a yes. “But he agrees with it. He believes that’s what demons deserve. What we deserve.” I finally said.

“But he never said it. Has he? I don’t think he’s that cruel to agree with the actions of the broadcast.” Hyuk said, thinking more to himself.

“Maybe.” I said doubtfully, but with some hope.

Hyuk was quiet and looked longingly out the window. “What’s the matter?” I asked him curiously. “I want to go outside.” He said, still looking out the window with much longing.

I knew he couldn’t, but I couldn’t help but give him what he wanted, even though he didn’t ask. He was just so cute I wanted to make him happy, even if he wasn’t necessarily upset. “Let’s go for a walk.” I suggested on a whim.

The younger looked at me as if I were crazy. “I’m not allowed to go out.”

“I’ll be there, don’t worry. I won’t let anything happen to you.” I smiled assuring, plus I wanted to go out with him anyway.

The younger looked down sadly as he always did. “That’s dangerous.”

“Don’t worry about it.” I urged.

“You have already done a lot for me. I couldn’t…” he said. “Stop that.” I told him.

He looked at me with slightly wide eyes. “You’re pretty much of the ‘family’ now. I doubt Himchan and Jongup will dump you out on the streets. This is your home now and I want to go.” I clarified.

A light blush formed on his cheeks. “So get ready.” I whispered.

Hyuk nodded and slipped on his shoes.

I quickly ran to my room and grabbed a pair of Nike trainers before returning to Hyuk’s room. “We’ll have to be quiet.” I instructed.

The two of us quietly exited the room and peered downstairs to see Himchan on his cell-phone, engaged in a serious conversation.

“We can’t possibly remain in the house the whole time. People will notice and get suspicious.” Himchan said sounding a bit frustrated. “I-I know…but…Yongguk listen. I am going back to work tomorrow. We’ll have to hold a meeting with the whole clan on how we’re going to deal with this…” Himchan’s voice trailed off as he walked away into another room.

I smiled. Good, he’s talking to Mr. Yongguk. He should be preoccupied for a while, and Jongup had just went out to the store 5 minutes ago. “Follow me.” I whispered to Hyuk, leading the way back to his room.

I carefully opened the window with ease and umped out, landing gently on my feet.

Hyuk peered down hesitantly. “Don’t worry.” Was all I said with a reassuring smile.

He nodded and awkwardly climbed out the window and reluctantly released his grip.

I caught him before he could hit the ground.

Hyuk looked at me with a surprised expression. “I told you not to worry.” I smiled with a slight chuckle before putting him down.

 

The two of us walked along the streets of the neighborhood. Hyuk wore his hood over his head to keep his face partially hidden.

The half human, half vampire inhaled the air deeply. I chuckled lightly. “You must really like it outside.” I remarked. He nodded, “I spent most of my life outside anyways. I feel sick being in the house for days like that.” He answered, looking around him.

“What are you looking for?” I chuckled slightly.

“Oh. Nothing. I was just observing the neighborhood. I really never got the chance to do so before…since…I was always running and hiding.” His voice trailed off towards the end of his sentence. I hung my right arm over his shoulders. “Well, you don’t have to worry about that anymore.” I smiled. He just smiled back.

 

We ended up walking throughout the city, enjoying the fresh air and each other’s company. The streets were filled with less people than usual, which wasn’t surprising.

I checked my watch to see that we had been out for 10 minutes now.

“We should probably head back now, before Himchan finds out we’re gone.” I told Hyuk.

The younger nodded in agreement. We were about to turn around and head back home when… “Well, well, well, now look who it is.” Hyuk was suddenly yanked from my side.

I quickly spun around and saw that it was the two guys who had beaten Hyuk up the first time we saw him. “Long time no see.” The guy who had grabbed Hyuk smiled slyly. Hyuk didn’t respond, trembling in fear.

“Yah!” I spat. “Let go of him.”

The two just looked at me and returned their attention back to the hybrid. “It’s been a while huh? I see you’ve made some new friends.” The first guy carried on, only to receive silence from Hyuk. “I’ve missed you little bastard child.” He grimaced in Hyuk’s ear.

The shorter cringed a little, “Can you…can you please let me go?” Hyuk said without much authority. The guy raised an eyebrow and then busted out into laughter.

“How about you come with me? We have some unfinished business.” The guy said.

“No.” Hyuk said trying to pull away from him, but the guy gripped his shoulder tightly. Seeing the look of pain on Hyuk’s face the guy’s hold

Please log in to read the full chapter