Young Forever

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Jaehwan's POV*

 

The next morning, when I woke up I found that I was in my bed in my own room. I quickly sat up, rubbing my eyes sleepily. "Leo must've brought me here." I concluded.

I jumped out of bed to change and get ready for the new day.

Once I finished changing I ran downstairs to eat breakfast. Then I went outside into the garden. I bowed and said good morning to every gardener I passed, until I found Leo who was leaned against a tree, reading a book.

"Good Morning Leo~!" I sang, sitting down beside him. "Morning Jaehwan." he said, his eyes never leaving the pages of his book.

"Did you take me to my room last night?" I asked, poking his cheek.

He was silent for a few seconds before answering. "No. A servant had found us and took you back to your room." He said, turning the page.

I furrowed my brow. He's lying. "Oh...well, did you check on the bunnies?" I questioned. "No." was his one worded response.

"Awe~, you should. I named one after you. I named him Leo. He's a really really small bunny. He's the smallest out of all 7 bunnies but he's the oldest. He has pretty black, smooth, soft fur and black eyes. He also has a cute pink nose." I said, poking the elder's nose. He didn't respond and just kept reading his book.

I turned around to where my back was facing him and rested it against his side. I hugged my knees looking up at the clear sky. "The weather is really nice today huh?" I said.

"Mm hm." he responded

"Guess who I met yesterday?"

"Who? Your friends?"

"Yes, but I made a new friend...he goes by N." I said.

The elder didn't respond.

"His real name is Cha Hackyeon. He's an Incubus." I added.

"What?" he suddenly said.

"Mm hm. He's really nice and friendly. He even said that he knows you. He said that you two were really close friends. Do you know him?" I went on. I adjusted my head to look at him. "Yeh, he was really annoying." He said unemotional. However, a small smile had crept on his face.

I turned my head back and played with my fingers. "He said that you were just as boring and serious as you are now. But you were still best friends." I said. "He was my only friend." Leo nodded.

"Is he still your only friend?" I asked, my voice getting a quieter than before. But he didn't respond.

My heart sunk a little. Was that a yes? Did he not want to say anything because he didn't want to hurt my feelings? Or was he afraid to say how he really feels?

I exhaled. Leo is so hard to figure out sometimes.

"Youngjae said that he won't be able to come by today. Something came up at work." Leo said. It's always so easy for him to announce bad news more than anything else.

"Awe~, I really wanted to show him Krystal's babies." I sighed in disappointment. "I'm sorry." Leo said sympathetically.

I really wanted to see Youngjae. He is my only brother after all and the person I'm closest too.

I stood up to my feet before I could get sad. "It's okay. I'll just go visit Hongbin. Maybe we can go see Hackyeon and Ravi." I said, it up.

"Oh...okay." Leo said, sounding almost disappointed.

I smiled at him, I know he didn't want me to leave. "You can come too~..." I cooed. "I'm...good." he said.

"Come on~, Hackyeon would be happy to see you." I urged.

"One way or another, I'll see him." he assured.

I shrugged, "Suit yourself." and with that I muttered an incantation and appeared immediately in the streets of Gangnam.

I walked along the side walk, observing everything and doing a little site seeing. There were so many things to just look at.

As I got closer to Hongbin's home, the more uneasy I began to feel. "You bastard demon! You can't even defend yourself! How pathetic." I heard somebody taunt from an alley way. "Please...just leave me alone." someone coughed weakly, they sounded as if they were crying.

"Why should we? Huh?! All demons deserve this kind of treatment." I heard a 3rd voice say.

Unable to just walk by and ignore it, I turned over towards the alley and peak to see what was going on.

There were two guys in school uniforms taunting and picking on a kid on the ground. The kid also wore the same school uniform as the other two, except his was a little bloody. He had bruises all over his body accompanied by a black eye. It was obvious that they were all teenagers.

"...because I haven't done anything wrong to you." the guy on the ground struggled to sit up on his knees. "You probably would have. You've probably even thought about it. Huh??" one of the bullies said.

"You've probably hurt someone before." the second guy said.

"But I'm also part Human like you guys. I'm also one of you. Please just leave me alone." the poor helpless boy begged. My heart sunk for him.

"But you're also part vampire. You're a bastard child." the first bully said, kicking him in the face. The kid fell back hard on the ground, the side of his mouth now bleeding. He coughed hard, whimpering in pain.

"How pathetic. You're so weak. How can you even consider yourself a living being? You're a disgrace to both humans and vampires. That's why nobody wants to claim you." the first bully laughed, spitting on the poor human vampire and kicked him in his stomach.

I bawled my fist in anger. How can anyone treat somebody like that? "Yah!" I spat angrily. "Leave him alone!" The two humans turned around, their attention now on me.

"War? He's a bastard child." the first bully said, unaffected by my presence. "He's not like us."

"So what if he's not like you?! And he's not a bastard child. He's just a regular person with different needs and abilities than you." I snapped.

"Tch. Are you crazy? He deserves this. He's an abomination." the second guy said. "It's quite fun. Wanna try it yourself?" he kicked the poor teen hard in his shoulder, forcing out a cry from him. My irises burned red, revealing my anger.

The ground beneath us began to tremble. "How can you treat somebody like that?! Do you not have a heart?! Or-Or a soul?!" I nearly shouted.

The two stared at me wide-eyed. "Wh-What are y-you?" the second guy asked, trying to maintain his balance.

The ground shook more violently but I remained planted in the earth. Lightning struck between the two, causing them to jump backwards. "That doesn't matter!" I almost screamed. "You shouldn't treat someone like they're some wild animal. No matter what they are or what they look like. No one deserves it." I spat.

"So? He had it coming." The first guy stated. "Do you think he asked to be born that way?! No! So leave him alone! How would you feel if you were treated that way? Huh?! You wouldn't like it." I spat.

"So? It doesn't affect us. So why should we care?" the first guy shrugged. "You monsters." I said under my breath. The ground suddenly began to crack.

"Besides, who are you to tell us what to do? You're not our parents or any kind of authority. So we'll do whatever we want." The second guy said. I narrowed my eyes at them, trying hard to control my anger.

I took a deep breath. "Fine. Let's see how you like being treated like an animal." I held out my hand and muttered a quick incantation. Seconds later the first bully was transformed into a toad and the second was turned into a rat.

The two looked at each other petrified and ran off in fear.

I scoffed a little before running over to the hurt teen's side. "Are you okay?" I asked, worried for him.

The trembling and cracking of the ground halted as I aided the injured stranger. "Are you alright?" I asked warily. The boy held his stomach, trying hard to push himself up, but failed miserably. "Pl-Please leave me alone." he whimpered, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I'm here to help." I assured him. "Why would you want to help a bastard child like me?" he sniffled as more tears filled the wells of his eyes.

I frowned.

"Come on. I can't let you lay here like this. So let me help you." I told him. Without waiting for a response I bent down and slung his arm over my shoul

Please log in to read the full chapter