I Don't Wanna

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Ravi’s POV*

After Youngmin’s presentation the atmosphere in the city was tense. It was also tense in our household. Amber and my parents had gotten into a huge argument concerning Youngmin’s live broadcast.

My sister, Amber, felt that the whole act was unjust and beyond inhumane and of course my parents felt differently.

They argued for hours that night and no one came to their consensus. It ended with my mom slapping her in the face and her storming off to her room.

I was honestly surprised at her reaction to the whole thing. I thought she would be proud like my parents were, but she was 100% against it. However, I slightly understood where she was coming from, it was cruel and sickening…but demons deserve this.

 

It’s been two days and I haven’t heard from any of my friends. I tried calling them and texting them but they never picked up or responded. “I hope they’re okay.” I said to myself as I walked home from the gym. Hongbin and Hyuk weren’t at school today either, nor did anyone show up for training as well. This was beginning to worry me, I was even worried about N.

I looked down the street and saw his house. Maybe, he’s home right now. I can probably go over and we can tal-…I quickly shook my head, getting rid of my thoughts. He’s the last person I’d see, especially in a situation like this. He’d probably just complain and rant on what a terrible thing Hex has done.

I growled under my breath, unlocking and opening the door to my home. “I don’t want to see him.” I murmured.

“I’m home~!” I called, closing the door behind me.

There was no response.

“Figured.” I muttered, dropping my stuff on the ground. No one is usually ever home when I come home from school. They’re usually working at the Hex facility or on a mission.

I’m not complaining, they’re great hunters, of course they’ll always be out. My parents are amazing hunters, everyone in Hex knows about them. They’re the elite, and I’m honored to be their son. Amber is also an exceptional hunter, she’s pretty much my parents protégé; She is a prodigy.

So now, a lot of high expectations and pressure is put on me to be just as great. I work hard every day to not disappoint my parents. Even though a lot of people say I’m good I won’t be convinced until I receive my parents’ ultimate approval.

I walked into the kitchen and went straight to the fridge. “Awe~ man I’m hungry.” I said, taking out sandwich meat, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. I then went into the pantry and took out a half loaf of bread and paper plate.

As I was making my sandwich, Amber came into the kitchen. Her bleached blonde hair was a mess and she was still in her pajamas. “You’re home?” She said.

“I was about to say the same thing. No one responded when I announced that I was home.” I said. “Oh, sorry. I was taking a nap.” She stretched, yawning. “Shouldn’t you be out at the Hex station?” I asked her.

The 21 year old shrugged. “I took off.”

“You can do that?” I asked, somewhat surprised. “Yeah, but not a lot. My team leader wasn’t happy to hear that though.” She said taking out a water bottle. “Why aren’t you a team leader anyway?” I questioned. “Well, I am still young, but mostly cause I don’t want to be.” She said.

“You know mom and dad don’t like that.” I told her. “I know, but I’m not going to lead a team that I’m not dedicated to. I’d only be putting their lives in danger.” She opened the water bottle. “I’ve also heard mom and dad talk about how you haven’t been spending your full time at the hex place. You only stay half a day the most and pus you’re always gone on the weekends.” I said.

She looked at me, “did mom and dad tell you to lecture me?” She scoffed.

“No. I’m just curious. How are you so good if you spend only a quarter of your time with Hex? And where do you go?” I questioned out of sincere curiosity.

She smiled and sipped her water bottle, “I go out and expand my experience. Doing good for everyone in the world. How am I so good? Well, I just combine everything I’ve learned outside of the Hex system with what I’ve learned from the Hex.” She simply put it.

“It seems like you’re more interested in what’s outside of it.” I remarked, taking a bite out of my large sandwich. “Hm, you’re right. Should I quit then?” She asked.

What?” I nearly choked on my food. “I want to do something good for the world.” She said.

“You are doing something good by working with the Hex.” I told her as if she were crazy.

“That’s only for one race.” She scoffed. “You’re not talking about the demons are you?” I narrowed my eyes at her.

“Well, the world does include them.” She shrugged. “Amber. The demons don’t belong here. They’re nothing but a threat to the human race and Earth.” I shot.

“Are you sure that we’re not the threats to them?” She shot back. “Does this have to do with what happened Saturday?” I questioned, not believing my ears.

“Humans have lived with these creatures for centuries in peace. So why do we suddenly want to get rid of them?” She retorted.

“Before they get rid of us!” I spat.

“Yah! Calm down Wonsik. I’m just saying.” She said.

“But Amber, why would you just say that? You know demons are deceiving, heartless creatures. They kill as they please.” I said. “How do you know? How do you know they’re like that?” She challenged. “Amber, we were taught this. We were even shown clips of them attacking animals and humans.” I said. She knows this.

She scoffed once more, sipping her water again. “That’s what the hunters taught us, so of course they’ll only show us the bad.” She said.

“Mom and dad taught us when we were young also.” I added.

“Wonsik. They’re hunters too. They’ll say the same thing as the other ones.” She said. “Then that should be more than enough mom and dad are one of the greatest hungers as well. What more do you possibly need?” I asked.

“Did you ever think to find out more information for yourself than believing everything the hunters tell you?” She said looking dead at me.

I couldn’t respond. She had a point.

“Don’t you ever think that it’s just propaganda full of their own opinions? Have you ever met a demon before?” She questioned.

I slowly shook my head. “Then how do you know that they’re all mindless and heartless? They could just be like humans with supernatural abilities. Like not all humans are the same and the same applies to demons. They can’t all be bad.” She concluded.

She has a point, maybe…No! I gripped my sandwich hard. “No.” I said.

“Demons don’t belong here.” I finalized.

Amber sighed, nodding, accepting the fact that I could not be persuaded. “Anyway, mom and dad won’t be home for the next few weeks. They’re supposed to be working alongside Park Youngmin. They left this morning.” She said.

“What? And they didn’t say goodbye?” I said, sounding more hurt than expected.

Amber looked at me sadly. “You know they aren’t intimate or very kind. Everything is pretty much straight business for them.” She reminded. “I know, but what about our safety? Isn’t it more dangerous now since that broadcast most likely outraged demons?” I said. Did they care?

Amber nodded, “I guess they believe we’re good enough to take care of ourselves.” She said trying to keep me from feeling bad, though it did very little. “Yeah, sure.”

“I’m still here. Don’t worry. I always got your back little brother.” She smiled, patting me on my back. I smiled slightly back at her. “Whelp. I’m gonna be in my room watching a movie if you need me.” She informed and with that she left the kitchen.

I sat down at the kitchen table picking at my sandwich, I had lost my appetite. I’m not one to easily get emotional or sensitive, but for some reason when it comes to my parents I’m most vulnerable. They aren’t the most affectionate parents in the world. Actually they’re extremely hard to please.

I grew up always having to prove myself to them. Yet, I still looked up to them on an unbounding pedestal. They were everything to me as a kid, I didn’t even like superheroes because I felt that my parents were the greatest heroes protecting the human race from those demons.

I never had an ideal childhood. When I turned 5 years old my parents decided to teach me about demons and slowly geared me into training. They were good motivational and pushing parents, but when it came to sensitive things they weren’t very…erm, comforting. Amber was the one who gave me emotional support, but she was young too and could only do so much.

So, I was pretty much raised to be a tough, insensitive, fearless kid. Nothing got to me, except for my parents. There are many times I felt like they didn’t care and that I was just a product of their plan to expand the Hex network.

I sighed to myself at the cold thought. They didn’t even take pictures with us growing up, or even now, except for professional pictures for the Hex facility.

I checked my phone. They didn’t even send me a message or left a voicemail. Why didn’t they at least tell me?

I dialed my mother’s number and put the cellular device to my ear. The phone rang for a while before she finally answered. “Wonsik, what’s wrong?” She answered.

“Um…nothing.” I said, feeling a bit nervous.

“Do you have anything to report me?” She was still talking in her professional voice (I don’t even think she has any other voice). “Uh…No~…” I said.

“Then what is it?” She asked impatiently.

“I was just calling to see if everything was alright. Amber told me that you guys left and would be gone for a while.” I said.

“Yes, yes. We’re on a very important mission. Is that all you had to say?” She questioned.

“Y-yeh.” I answered. I heard her sigh in what sounded out of irritation. “Wonsik, we are very busy. Don’t call unless it’s an emergency or you have something useful or serious to report. You know this.” She spoke fast, trying to end the conversation as soon as possible.

“Yes ma’am. I’m sorry.” I apologized.

“Don’t do it again. Bye.” And without wasting another second she hung up.

I sighed heavily, pocketing my phone. “Be safe.”

“I will. You just be careful and don’t do anything stupid that will hurt you Wonsik.” My heart sank. She didn’t even say that.

I shook my head. “Stop Basking!” I ordered myself. I stood up and went upstairs to my room, not bothering to finish my sandwich.

I slammed the door behind me, locking it and laid on my bed, facing the ceiling. Don’t take it to heart Wonsik, they’re just doing their job.

I squeezed my eyes shut. I need to think of something else. At that moment I saw the color red.

I furrowed my brow at the strange day dream. Red? Wait a second that looks like red hair.

I quickly reopened my eyes. No! Not again! “Think of something else.”

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes again. This time an image of the bottom half of someone’s smile appeared.

I opened my eyes for a second time and rubbed my temples, stop thinking about him.

I waited a few minutes before finally closing my eyes again.

This time his whole body appeared. He was wearing a light blue button up shirt. The top buttons were left undone and he work=e white skinny jeans. He was sat on a stool smiling cheekily. “You miss me already?”

“Aaaaah~!” I shouted, sitting up my eyes shot open. I was breathing heavily. “What the actual ?!” I felt my face feverishly. It was warm.

I quickly jumped out of my bed and dashed into the bathroom. I the cold water to the sink.

I splashed the cold water repeatedly on my face. “Why do I keep thinking of him? It’s always when I feel down or upset, he po

Please log in to read the full chapter