Breathing

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Daehyun’s POV*

“Come on~…come on~…ugh.” Youngjae begged, hanging up his phone for the nth time. “Still no luck?” I asked him. He nodded sadly, sitting down at the kitchen table. “Kikwang still won’t answer?” Jaehwan asked.

“This time it went straight to voicemail, and their home phone is disconnected, all I get is static.” He said. “Do you think…?” Jaehwan didn’t dare to finish his sentence.

“I’m going to go over there and see if he’s okay.” Youngjae stood up abruptly, unable to stand the suspense.

“No!” I quickly said, grabbing his wrist.

“Daehyun. It’s been two days since the Busan incident and Kik hasn’t answered. I need to know he’s okay!” Youngjae said almost desperately. He tried to wriggle out of my hold but I only gripped his wrist tighter.

“Youngjae, you’re smarter than this. You’re not thinking straight. Busan is filled with Hex hunters. It’s chaotic over there right now, you can’t possibly go there and expect to find him.” I said, standing up as well. The younger stopped resisting me and sighed at the reality.

“Besides, Kikwang lives with 5 strong vampires, not to mention he’s mates with a powerful pureblood. If that doesn’t scream safety then I don’t know what does. And I’m confident that Doojoon has a good hiding place for them.” I assured him.

Youngjae smiled slightly. “I guess you’re right. It does make sense.”

“I know.” I smiled cheekily. Youngjae shook his head. “Have you spoken to the others yet?” he asked.

“Mm…Nope.” I simply said.

The younger frowned. “You should probably do that Daehyun.” He said. “Why me? Why not you? Or the others? Yongguk is the leader anyway. He’s the one who should be checking up on us.” I said.

Youngjae looked at Jaehwan who chuckled a little. “Alright.” he said, not in the mood to argue. “I’m going to go to the facility real quick. I shouldn’t be long.” He but before he could make it out the kitchen I grabbed his wrist.

“What?” I questioned, now getting serious. Youngjae sighed hesitantly. “You heard me.” He said almost quietly.

“No, you can’t go back there. No. I won’t allow it. You’re pretty much screaming for death to get you by going there.” I stood against it.

“Dae, they called for an emergency meeting. They’re probably going to tell us that we don’t have to come back to work anymore.” He assured.

“You don’t need them to tell you that. You quit.” I told him.

“Daehyun,” He pulled his wrist from out my grip. “I’ll be fine.”

“Let me go with you.” I urged.

“No. I won’t be long.” He assured me. “Besides, I thought you were going to close down your shop today.” He reminded. “Yeah…” I sighed not very happy.

“Let me go with you.” Jaehwan butted in.

“No Jaehwan, I’m not going to put you in that kind of danger. Go with Daehyun. You’ll be safer with him.” Youngjae ordered.

“Fine.” His younger brother pouted.

“Okay, I’ll be off then.” Youngjae said. “If you’re not back within the next few hours, I’m coming for you.” I said in all seriousness. “Daehyun.” He sighed.

“You said you won’t be long.” I argued.

He just smiled and kissed my cheek. “I’ll be fine. You two just be safe. Bye Jaehwan! He waved, leaving the two of us alone in the apartment.

I just stood there, feeling worry overwhelm me. “Alright little Jae, let’s get ready to go. The sooner we come back home the better.” I clapped trying to distract myself. The younger just nodded and went to his room to change. I waited a couple of minutes before doing the same.

 

10 minutes later we were on our way to the music shop. Thankfully it was only a 20 minute drive away from home, so it wasn’t too far. I owned a small music shop at the center of the city. It’s pretty successful and gets more business than usual music shops. I have four adult employees and five college students that work there part time. Sometimes Jaehwan and Hongbin help out when they can.

It’s honestly pretty fun working there. It’s chill, relaxing, and my employees are pretty cool.

I already called my adult employees about how I was temporarily closing the shop until things settle down, so they don’t have to come in for now. They seemed a bit relieved, but said they’d be back once it opened again. So, the college students were still at the shop.

“Hey you guys.” I greeted, entering the music shop. “Good afternoon Mr. Jung.” Krystal greeted at the cash register. I went up to the front door and turned the open/closed sign to where ‘Closed’ was facing the outside.

Krystal looked at me confused. “Is everyone here?” I asked a smile still on my face. “Y-Yes sir. Wonwoo and Mingyu just came back from lunch not too long ago. Everyone is in the back.” She informed.

“Good. Can you call all of them out here please?” I asked. “Yessir.” She said quickly going to the back.

Jaehwan walked around, taking in the place for the last time, for which might be a while. “This has to be the coolest music store ever.” He remarked. “Um, you’re just now noticing?” I teased.

At that moment, Krystal, Sulli, Wonwoo, Mingyu, and Seokmin came out. “Hey guys.” I smiled. “Good afternoon Mr. Jung.” They greeted.

“Um, huh…I have some bad news that you guys might not like, but it’s for everyone’s safety.” I began. “I’m going to temporarily close the shop.”

The all groaned in unison. “Mr. Jung, you can’t do this. We love it here.” Mingyu frowned. “Yeah! This is the only thing I look forward to after school.” Wonwoo said.

“I know, I know. But the way things are right now, it’s not safe for you guys to be out like this, and I hope once you guys leave, you’ll take the same precautions. It’s only temporary, you are more than welcome to come back and work here again once things blow over. I already spoke to the others.” I explained.

“Of course! I’m going to be back for sure.” Seokmin said.

“Good.” I smiled.

“Here are your guys’ last pay checks for the month.” I said handing each of them a white envelope. “Gee~, thanks.” Sulli smiled. I smiled back at her. “Alright, I’m closing shop early today so you all

Please log in to read the full chapter