What The Hell

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*3rd Person POV*

Jaehwan studied the weapon hidden in his lap. His eyes wide, never having ever used a weapon before or in fact have one in possession. “Do you think Uncle Junghyuk and Aunt Mina will be upset if we killed people?” he asked his table mate, Taekwoon, who was carefully eating his meal.

“I mean, I’ve spent most of my life reviving other people’s lives…not taking them away.” Jaehwan confessed, not liking the idea. “They should understand.” Taekwoon answered. Although he preferred not say much, he honestly liked making Jaehwan feel better…but he didn’t know how.

Which was why he sometimes missed it when Jaehwan was younger, because whatever he said always seemed to put a smile on the younger’s face. Jaehwan shrugged, “I guess so.” And returned back to his eating. Taekwoon could tell that his response was unsatisfactory, this only made his heart sink a little.

 

 

Chantelle leaned back in her seat, legs slightly crossed, a smirk laid on her face. “Oh really? Tell me more.” She bit into the shimmering apple that was in her hand.

 

 

Daehyun sat up in his seat, feeling a sudden uneasiness come upon him. “What’s the matter?” Youngjae asked, noticing this. However, a large group of men and women dressed in white Hex hunter uniforms marched inside the restaurant before Daehyun could say.

Youngjae’s eyes widened, fear overtaking him at the memory of his first encounter with such hunters. The hunters lined up along the wall and a final person dressed in all white form fitting clothing entered. She scanned the room, her eyes landing on Daehyun’s. She smiled at him.

The smile quickly vanished as her eyes captured the sight of Youngjae.

“Sorry for the intrusion everyone, but we’re going to have to close the place down.” She announced. “It’s been infiltrated by…demons.” She said, glancing at every single one in the restaurant.

“Go check on Dr. Park and make sure he’s okay.” Sooyoung ordered the two men behind her.

 

 

“Looks like my work here is done. Thank you for your time Youngminnie. It’s been an honor.” Chantelle giggled, waving at the unconscious man.

She abruptly stood out of her chair. She ripped the bottom of her dress for better maneuvering and slipped on her sunglasses as she left the V.I.P. room, entering the new scene that was dominated by humans in hex uniforms. The two men stopped right in front of her, blinking, gravitated by her uality.

“Oh my, what’s going on here? Why is the place nearly empty?” Chantelle played innocent, seeing that all of the customers and staff were gone, except for her friends.

“There are demons here. So we are evacuating everyone.” Sooyoung said, her nose fidgeting because Chantelle was still in her fake form which made it hard to tell whether she was human or demon. “Oh my gosh! Are you serious?” Chantelle gasped, seeming as if she was actually about to panic.

But then she paused, “But…how did you know that these guys are demons?” Chantelle asked cutely. “Did you receive a report?” She asked.

Sooyoung paused. “No, actually we were sent here to just provide security for Dr. Park.” One of the hunters asked instead.

“Then how do you know that these guys are demons and that you didn’t accidentally evacuate other demons? I thought only demons could tell who’s what? Unless…” Sooyoung didn’t finish her sentence.

Sooyoung’s eyes widened, seeing what the girl was up to.

Sooyoung narrowed her eyes, studying the stranger, not recognizing her at all. “We have a scanner back at the van. If you aren’t demons like you claim then we’ll let you go.” A hunter said. Sooyoung nodded at this.

Jun K checked his watch, seeing that Chantelle only had four minutes before her spell wore off. “Let’s do it. Make it quick though, because I have to be home in 4 minutes.” He spoke up.

Chantelle got the message.

“Alright. How about you go first.” Sooyoung said to Chantelle, suspicion prominent in her tone.

“Of course. Just let me spray some perfume. I need to smell good, because you never know who you’ll need to impress.” Chantelle said, winking at one of the younger hunters as she pulled out the glass bottle from her purse.

However, as she was about to spray it, the bottle slipped from her grip and shattered all over the floor. “Oopsies…”

An orange gas emitted from the scentless liquid that filled the entire room, causing all the hunters, except Sooyoung, to fall to their knees coughing and eventually fainting.

“The gas only affects humans. How strange would it be if you were the only one found awake?” Chantelle smirked, giving Sooyoung no other option but to let them go.

Everyone pushed out of their seats and rushed passed Sooyoung towards the exit.

Jun K had Keomi’s nose and mouth covered so that she wouldn’t faint, but she did become hazy. Hyuk struggled to keep his balance, leaning on Hakyeon and Hongbin for support. Jaehwan and Ravi kept their noses and mouths covered.

Chantelle was the last to leave. “Have a nice evening.” She smirked.

 

-

 

The large group divided into three groups again, taking separate modes of transportation, to meet at the hotel suite.

 

Jun K. rested Keomi in the bed, allowing her to sleep comfortably, since the gas did drain most of her energy. “What happened?” Kikwang asked worried. “She’s fine. She just got a little sleepy.” Jun K assured him.

Hongbin and Hakyeon helped Hyuk sit on one of the couches. Yoseob quickly brought warm water to the half human-half pureblood. “What happened?” Yongguk asked in all seriousness.

“Sooyoung.” Was all Daehyun could say, sounding more hurt than anything. Ever since the bar, self-doubt has been eating away at him unforgivingly. Jongup rested a hand on the vampire’s shoulder.

“Sooyoung was there? She’s with the hex hunters?!” Zelo sounded shocked.

“It’s really not that much of a surprise.” Chantelle said, pouring herself a shot of Tequila. She was back to her normal form.

“What did you find out?” Taecyeon asked. “I didn’t get too much information out of him. He told me that there is a man who gave him all the information he needed about demons, and that the man told him whatever he wanted. Also that there is a woman who helped him form all the weapons to kill demons. He said the man only gave him his initials, SJM. The woman never gave a name.” Chantelle began.

“Could the woman be Sooyoung?” Jongup asked.

“Naw, she’s not smart enough to create weapons like that.” Chantelle remarked.

“Plus she said she was working for people.” Dongwoon inputted.

“So it’s confirmed, that he received information from somebody else, but how do we find them?” Hyunseung questioned.

“He’s supposed to meet with him tomorrow, actually.” Chantelle smiled, creating a domino effect.

“Where is it?” Jongup asked.

Chantelle’s smile morphed into one of innocence, not giving a very good sign. “He didn’t spill that information, but I have a good idea as to where he might meet him.” Chantelle said.

“The Hex hunter’s main facility?” Taecyeon guessed.

“Bingo!”

Ravi’s eyes slightly widened, “That place is heavily secured with guards and cameras almost every

Please log in to read the full chapter