Gotta Go To Work

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

The alarm beeped, announcing that it was time for him to get up.

He lazily reached for the digital clock and turned off the alarm. I immediately wrapped my arms and legs around him, preventing him from getting up. He groaned a little at this. I didn't respond pretending to be asleep.

"Are you asleep?" he asked.

"Yes." I answered sleepily.

He chuckled. "Come on~." he cooed. "Mm mm." I protested, shaking my head cutely.

"You're gonna make me late." he said.

"Stay here." I said, slowly opening my eyes to meet his dark brown ones.

"I have to go to work." he said.

I pouted. "Stay here please~." I snuggled into him. "You know I have to go Kikwang." he said. "I'll be back before you know it."

I held my grip on him tighter, not budging at all. "Yah! Kikwang. Did you not hear me?" Doojoon said. "I heard you." I muffled into the crook of his neck. "Are you not going to let me go?" he questioned.

I didn't respond and enjoyed the closeness of our bodies.

The pureblood sighed, actually sounding a little irritated. "Do you not love me anymore?" I muffled.

I was suddenly flipped on my back and pinned to the mattress, Doojoon over me. "Of course I do." he breathed heavily almost sounding mad. "What would make you think such a thing?"

"B-Because you work all day...5 days a week." I said cutely. A sly smile grew across his lips.

"That's how jobs usually are. At least I'm not working all the time." he said. "But it still makes me feel that way." I pouted.

Doojoon leaned in so close, to the point where our nose were touching. "What should we do about that then? Should I quit?" he spoke low and slow. I nodded rapidly, okay with the idea.

He chuckled deeply. "I know what you're trying to do." he said. I frowned. Dang it! I really thought it'd get him to quit. "Cute." he pecked my nose before crawling off the bed.

"Ah...looks like I have to get ready faster." He said, checking the clock. "Or~, you can call in sick." I said, sitting up.

"I can't Kiki." he said taking off his shirt. "Yes you can. You can do whatever you want. You're a powerful pureblood for Pete's sake." I said, folding my arms.

"I know. But the world is different now. I can't just be doing things based off of my feelings." he said, slipping off his pajama pants and into black slacks. "But why do you have to keep working? It's not like you have to pay anything off anyway...we're off the market you know."

I grumbled.

About four years ago the 6 of us has built a new house that was even larger and fancier. We still have the other house, but that's more for a place of refuge in case anything happens. The Woods had become much more dangerous and Doojoon felt that it was safer for the clan to move out. "We still have to buy clothes and other stuff, and food for you." he said.

"But you don't have to work~...Hyunseung has his own small restaurant and Junhyung has his own car shop. You don't have to work." I whined.

"Yes I do. And besides, I like work. It's fun." he simply stated.

He slipped on a white button up shirt and buttoned it. I narrowed my eyes at him as he took out a silver colored tie, and tied it around his neck, right under his white collar. "Your boss likes you a lot. Doesn't she?" I accused. Doojoon went into the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face, leaving the door open.

"What makes you say that?" he said. After he dried his face, he moved on to fixing his hair. "You've only been working there for 2 years and you already got a promotion a few months ago." I claimed. "That's because I'm a great employee." he chuckled.

"Tch. That's not hard to believe, but those weren't her intentions." I grumbled.

"How do I look?" The Pureblood asked, exiting the bathroom. I just looked at him, my arms folded. "Next thing you know she'll have your working overtime...late...at night." I remarked.

"Yah! Lee Kikwang! At least I didn't start my own business, otherwise I'd be working more than I am now. I could've been having a large business by now. But I didn't do it cause that'd mean less time with you." he said.

"Can you get a part time job then?" I asked, flashing a toothy smile. "No." he chuckled, poking my forehead.

I frowned, not pleased with his answer. "Fine. I'll just go hang out with Yoseob and Dongwoon again." I said. "No." He suddenly said, getting serious.

"What? But I haven't gone out at all this week." I protested. "Not today." He sighed slipping on his shoes.

"This is the third week in a row that I haven't been out, Doojoon." I said, giving him a suspicious glare.

A small smile appeared on the elder's face. "When I get back home we can go out for dinner." he said.

I perked up a little at the sound of this. "Jinja?" "Mm hm, any restaurant you want." he nodded.

"Ooh~...So like a date? We haven't had one of those in a while." I said.

"Kikwang..." he said, leaning towards me. Our faces were now two inches from each other. "U-oh?" I could barely say. "It is a date." he finally said.

My heart fluttered at his words with excitement. "Da-te." I repeated, lost in my excitement. "That's only if you wait here for me." he said. I nodded.

"Good. I have to go now, but I'll be back...be ready by 8." he winked and pecked a kiss on my lips. "I'll see you later."

"B-Bye." I waved feeling a bit dazed as he left the room. The air in the room suddenly felt cold again and lonely. Just as it feels every day that Doojoon is gone.

Doojoon, Hyunseung, and Junhyung all got jobs, leaving Yoseob, Dongwoon, and I to stay at home.

It's not that we're incapable of getting a job, it's because Doojoon won't allow us to. He's very caring and protective of the clan and doesn't want to risk any of the member's lives, especially with the Hex hunters around.

He allowed Hyunseung to start his restaurant because, well, he's Hyunseung and they both pretty much started the clan together. Also if anything happened to Doojoon, Hyunseung would take over.

Junhyung is allowed to work because Junhyung and Yoseob weren't allowed to be home together without Joon or Hyunseung around. And plus he's Doojoon's other right hand man. So, left hand man I guess?

Sometimes Yoseob would go out and watch Junhyung work. And Dongwoon would Zelo Hyunseung out at his restaurant. And me...I couldn't see Doojoon at work.

I let out a long heavy sigh before finally climbing out of bed and prepared for the day...in the large house.

"Why did we have to build such a big house? There's too much space." I grumbled, entering the oversized, fancy kitchen, specially made for Hyunseung. "Morning Kiki~." Yoseob greeted happily. He was sat on the stool at the kitchen bar reading comics while Dongwoon was sat at the table eating the breakfast that Hyunseung most likely made him try.

"Morning." I said sitting down in the stool next to the elder vampire. "Good Morning." Dongwoon greeted as well.

"Hyunseung said that your breakfast is in the microwave." Yoseob informed.

"Thanks...but...I'm not hungry." I said, laying my head on the bar counter.

"Kikwang~, you have to eat. You haven't eaten breakfast all week. And I had to eat it for you so that nobody else found out. You know what Junhyung asked me yesterday? He asked 'are you getting fat?' A-Aigoo...that boy." Yoseob babbled somewhat flustered. "I don't even have a belly." he pouted, poking his stomach.

"I'm sorry. I'll just ask Hyunseung not to make me breakfast anymore." I sincerely apologized. "Are you trying to starve yourself?" he said now sounding worried.

I tilted my head to look at him. "Do you think that if I starve...Doojoon would stay home and make sure I eat?" I questioned childishly.

"He'd be mad at you." Dongwoon answered, bursting my bubble.

I sighed sitting back up. "Do you really miss him that much?" Yoseob asked. I nodded, "I practically only see him 2 days a week. I hardly see him on the weekdays because he leaves early and comes home late. And when he comes home early he always brings work home with him to do." I ranted.

"You sound like a distressed wife." Yoseob chuckled.

"No!" I denied. "I at least want to be able to do something too. Like work or even fake being a student with Jongup and Zelo. He said I couldn't go out today...again!"

"Yeah...erm, he told us not to take you out either." Yoseob said. "Why? I feel like I'm being locked up again." I said. The elder just shrugged, unsure as well.

"Are you two ready?" Junhyung said entering the kitchen. "Hey Kik." he greeted. Yoseob looked at Dongwoon who nodded.

"Yeah, we're ready." Yoseob said putting down his comic book.

"Huh? Where are you guys going?" I asked, feeling a bit left out.

"Oh, um...I'm going to kinda watch Junhyung work and Dongwoon is gonna help Hyunseung out. We're going to drop him off at the restaurant." Yoseob said. Dongwoon stood up and placed his dishes in the sink. "Oh." was all I could say.

"Sorry." Yoseob apologized sympathetically.

"Don't be. It's fine." I forced a smile.

"Are you sure?" he questioned.

"Yeah. I'll just watch TV or something. I can't go out anyway and I don't want to keep you trapped here. I can also play some video games. Jongup, Zelo, or Daehyun may be online." I assured him half-heartedly.

"I can always sta-," "He said he's fine~. Let's go. Com'on Dongwoon. Have fun Kikwang." Junhyung said, dragging his mate out of the kitchen.

"See you later Kikwang." Dongwoon said leaving as well. "Bye." I waved slightly. "Junhyung I really feel like we should stay." I heard Yoseob say from a distance.

As soon as I heard the front door close I let out a sigh. It really did feel like Doojoon was trying to lock me up again.

I took out the breakfast Hyunseung made for me and decided to eat it.

If I was going to be home then it would be nice to have someone to be with while everyone else was out. Like…a little buddy. It would have to be somebody I’m really close to like…Doojoon or Youngjae. But it would also have to be someone who didn’t have to work and didn’t already have a mate. Like…a kid!

“Huuh…too bad Jaehwan is all grown up now.” I sighed.

After I finished eating and washing my dishes, I hopped on the red leather couch in the living room and laid there…doing absolutely nothing.

“I can’t lay here and waste my life away.” I protested, sitting back up. “I’ve done that too many times.” I jumped to my feet and looked out the front door. “I can just walk around for a little bit. I just have to make sure I get home before Doojoon does.” I said, already convinced.

I ran to the door and slipped on my shoes. “A couple of hours is good.” I grabbed the house keys and my cell phone. Ever since cellphones came out, Joon has made us take our phones everywhere.

 

 

I walked along the streets of Busan, enjoying the fresh air, “Hhmmm…maybe I should buy something from the bakery while I’m out.” I thought aloud, spotting the small bakery ahead. I can probably get some cookies for everyone and a small cake for desert after mine and Doojoon’s date.

I blushed a little at the thought, it really has been a while.

“Hey Kikwang.” Leeteuk greeted as I entered the shop. “Annyeong.” I bowed, before looking around.

“Haven’t seen you here in a while.” The human smiled.

“Yeah…well I wasn’t allowed to go out for a while.” I sighed. “Oh? Did you get in trouble by your parents?” He chuckled.

“Something like that. I don’t really know.” I laughed off uneasily. I hated lying to him.

I didn’t tell him that I lived with a clan of vampires or that I aged slowly, for his and Beast’s safety. So, he thinks I’m a 17 year old kid that still lives with my parents. “So how is everyone?” I asked, leaning against the counter across from Leeteuk who was stood on the other side, by the cash register.

“Ryeowook and Kyuhyun are good as always. Nothing ever seems to get them down when they’re together. Actually last week my wife had a baby.” Leeteuk said.

My eyes widened. “Whaat?! No way! Congratulations!” I clapped excitedly. He blushed a little. “His name is Jisoo.” He said, showing me a picture of the baby. I smiled brightly. “Aw~, he’s adorable. He’s going to be really good looking when he’s older. I can tell just by looking at him.” I said. “Haha, thank you.” He said pocketing his wallet.

“Hmmm, it must be nice to have your own family now.” I said more dreamlike than anything. He looked at me chuckling a little. “Your time will come. You’re only 17. Enjoy your young, free life now.” He said.

“Yeah~…free.” I said half-heartedly.

I me Leeteuk, Kyuhyun, and Ryeowook about two years ago when we moved here. They were pretty much my first friends that I have outside of my original circle of friends (Beast, Jae, Dae, Zelo, Himcha

Please log in to read the full chapter