The Town

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Yongguk’s POV*

“Woow~, it’s been a long time since I’ve been in this place.” Daehyun said after all of us settled in the large ancient mansion that still stood proud as ever. “None of us have been here in a long time.” Youngjae told him. Jaehwan ran up the stairs to show the Taekwoon guy where he’d be staying.

I was reluctant in letting the guy stay with us, but If Lord Junghyuk and Lady Mina wanted him to watch over Jaehwan, then I couldn’t object. They’ve done a lot for us, the least I could do was follow their request.

Daehyun suddenly sighed in dissatisfaction, plopping himself on the refurnished, black leather cough. “What’s up with you now?” Himchan was the one to ask.

“I feel like I’m moving back in with my parents. The nagging mother Kim Himchan and the always serious over-protecting angry father Bang Yongguk.” The younger remarked, a slight pout on his lips. I scoffed at the remark.

“Daehyun!” Himchan scolded, throwing a pillow at him.

“See? I didn’t even do anything.” Daehyun said to Youngjae to prove his point. “I don’t nag.” Himchan defended. Jongup slightly laughed, but quickly straightened up when the elder looked at him.

“We need to get more food for Jaehwan, Jongup, Zelo, Hongbin, and Taekwoon.” Youngjae said getting down to business.

“Himchan and Youngjae, you two can go out and buy some food before it gets dark. Buy as much food as you can.” I ordered. The two nodded.

I pulled out my wallet taking out my black card, “Here…use my card.” I smirked handing it to Himchan who just rolled his eyes before him and Youngjae vanished.

“Oooooh~, Yongguk, our fearless leader is making that bank.” Daehyun teased. He was already comfortable slouching in the couch, his feet propped on the table. He opened up a bag of chips that he brought with him and munched on them as if he had no care in the world. This kid hasn’t changed one bit…and he probably never will.

“Daehyun…You, Youngjae, Himchan, the Hyuk kid, and I will go hunting tomorrow afternoon, when I get back.” I informed him. “Ayiyi Captain.” Daehyun gave me a thumbs up.

“Wait. Get back? Where are you going?” Zelo asked. I turned around and headed towards the office. “Hey can I have a chip?” Jongup asked in the background. “No.” Daehyun responded.

“Yongguk, where are you going? What do you mean ‘when I get back’?” Zelo questioned when I closed the door behind us. I searched throughout the office in search for valuable papers. “I have to go somewhere.” I said half-heartedly, rummaging through a stack of papers.

“Obviously. Where could you possibly have to go?” The younger followed me throughout the office. “Am I going with you?” He questioned. “No…you can’t.” I answered.

“Wh-Wha?” it was obvious that he was worried. How cute. “Does this have to do with your business thing?” he asked. I didn’t answer, more focused on searching for the documents.

“Is it really that important?” Zelo babbled on, over my shoulder. “Yongguk! You said that you wouldn’t leave me during this whole thing!” He finally stomped. He was now scared.

I swiftly spun around, gently placing my hands on his slender hips. “Hey~,” I spoke softly. “There’s no need to worry. I’ll always be by your side. I just have to go to that vampire community thing tomorrow morning. It’s an emergency meeting.” I explained.

“Cant’ I go with you?” He whimpered.

I chuckled, “You know you can’t. You’re human, they won’t think twice about trying to hurt you, and I can’t let that happen.” I said in his ear. Zelo reluctantly gave in, knowing that there was no way he could go.

I reached behind him and found the papers I was looking for. “It’s just going to be a few hours. If it’s not over by noon then I’m leaving and coming straight back to you. Alright?”

Zelo nodded, okay with the idea. “You just have to promise me that you won’t leave the mansion for anything while I’m gone.” I said.

“I won’t. I’ll stay here and wait for you.” He promised.

“Good.” I said, landing a teasing peck on his lips. He frowned at me, giving me a nasty look. “I love you.” I smiled cheekily.

 

-

 

The next day, I woke up at the break of dawn, changed, and prepared for the long day. I took one last look at my sleeping angel who was slept peacefully, “I’ll be back,” and left.

I arrived at what looked like a dome building. Many of the members were already seated, chatting amongst each other. I ignored everyone around me and sat down at my designated seat that was in the front to the center. Doojoon and Hyunseung were sat two seats down on my right.

I made eye contact with the Beast leader, but nothing was said. Even though they helped us out a century ago and our clans were on ‘okay terms’, Doojoon and I were still sole enemies and nothing will ever change that. “Hello there, Bang Yongguk.” A voice greeted.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance as Suho and Kris sat on my left side, Suho in the seat next to me and Kris in the seat next to him.

“It’s been an awfully long time, hasn’t it?” Suho said. “I wouldn’t say awfully.” I grumbled. “It’s nice to see you too.” He flashed a smile.

I prayed that this meeting would go by fast. I don’t hate Suho or Kris, but they are so irritating. At that moment the platform in the center rose, revealing the 5 most respected people in the community. The entire arena went silent at the presence of the Elders. “Good Morning.” Yunho’s voice filled the entire place.

“I’m sure most of you are aware of the reason why we have called this emergency meeting. The question that now lays at hand is whether or not we should fight back.” Yunho continued. Everyone listened intently to the leader’s words.

Even though we have the community conventions every now and then the elders were hardly ever present and when an elder was present it was never Yunho, the leader. He was a rare sight to see. His presence alone was so overwhelming, even the strongest pureblood would feel weak and vulnerable in it.

“For those that don’t know, the hex hunters are moving boldly, starting with their highly controversial broadcast. They’ve already captured the city of Busan, that’s highly populated by incubi. I’ve spoken with the werewolf leaders and leaders of other creatures and they have all suggested that we team up to and take down the humans. They’ve already started forming alliances with each other and now they’re waiting on our response.” Yunho finally finished.

He scanned the arena looking at almost every single one of us with a stern yet comforting look. “I’ll hand the rest over to Yoochun, and you call can discuss it. I’ll intervene if need be.” He finally said, realizing that people were too stunned to respond to him directly.

He walked up a set of 4 steps and sat down with amazing authority in his dignified arm chair while the other four remained standing.

“Consider all of the factors of going into war and staying out of it. There are negative and positive consequences for both.” Yoochun took the spotlight.

“No! We don’t need to work with those filthy canines!” someone shouted from the crowd.

“The humans are out to kill all of us. We need to come together and outnumber them. If we join forces then we can definitely win.” Somebody else spoke up.

Other people murmured to each other in agreement. Yunho nodded, on board with the idea.

Seeing that no one else opposed, Yoochun took it as a chance to speak up. “Those that agree we should form an alliance say I. And raise your hand.” He said.

A wave of hands went up throughout the arena, including my own, along with an overwhelming roar of I’s.

Leader Yunho seemed impressed by the unanimous votes. “If we go into war…” elder Jaejoong spoke up. He was the second most feared elder, mostly in that he was Yunho’s mate. “…that would meant everyone has to fight. We can’t all vote to fight and only have tens of us actually fighting.” He said.

I raised an eyebrow at this.

“Are all of you willing to bring your clans to fight?” Jaejoong asked, piercing the crowd with his eyes.

“Yes!!” everyone chanted in unison. I took a deep breath. There’s no way I’m going to bring my clan into this. Especially Zelo, he won’t survive.

Ja

Please log in to read the full chapter