I Need You

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Daehyun’s POV*

The others hadn’t arrived until the following morning. “You guys are just in time for breakfast.” Chantelle greeted, leading them into the dining room, where the rest of us were already seated. Kikwang was the first to scan the room. “Where’s Youngjae?’ He asked hopeful. Everyone was silent.

The human’s face contorted into one of worry as he made eye contact with me. “He’s here.” Jun K was the one to answer, “But he’s-,”

Before the hybrid could finish his sentence, Youngjae entered the scene, looking confused and lost until his eyes landed on me. He sent me death glare. I only looked away. This is not really Youngjae. It’s not him. I reminded myself. However, it still hurt seeing the hatred in his eyes. I could feel it.

“Youngjae?” Kikwang questioned, earning the younger’s attention.

Youngjae’s eyes widened. “Kikwang!!” He exclaimed. He ran to his childhood friend, embracing him tightly. “Oh Kikwang! I was so worried, they told me you would be here. But I didn’t believe them.” He rambled on, not releasing his embrace.

Kikwang chuckled a little. “Why wouldn’t you believe them?” He asked innocently.

“Because they told me that Jaehwan was here, but he’s not.” Youngjae’s eyes moistened at the thought of his lost brother.

Kikwang furrowed his brow at this. He could clearly see Jaehwan sitting at the dining table next to Taekwoon. “But…Youngjae…” He broke their hug. He studied his friend’s face. “Jaehwan is here.”

Youngjae’s smile slowly faded as he shook his head. “Th-That’s not Jaehwan. Jaehwan isn’t a teenager. He’s…He’s 10 Kik. Y-You know that.” He looked panicked.

Kikwang looked at us with worry. None of us said anything, knowing that Youngjae will only believe him. He looked back at the younger.

“Youngjae?” He began slowly. “I don’t know how to say this but, it’s been 100 years. Jaehwan isn’t 10 anymore. You’re not 18 either nor am I 19. That is Jaehwan.” He spoke as carefully and cautiously as possible, however, this wasn’t enough.

Youngjae stumbled backwards as if he’d just been slapped in the face. He shook his head in denial.

“Uh-Oh~.” Jun K cooed.

“Th-There’s no way. Th-Th-There’s just no way. That’s impossible.” He continued to back up until he bumped into Jun K. “Let’s take you back to your room…okay?” The hybrid smiled, guiding the younger out the dining room.

The newcomers washed their hands before joining us for breakfast. When Jun K returned, he explained everything that happened.

“A ninja?” Dongwoon rubbed the back of his head. “We bumped into some ninja guy too. He was dressed in all white. He was really fast.”

“I guess it was bound to happen that the Mr. Shin man would have more than one pawn.” Yoseob sighed. “That guy seems more dangerous than Tiffany though. He can control time, right?” Hyunseung said. Zelo was the one to nod. “We’ll have to be very careful then.” Taecyeon stated.

“Breakfast is ready~!” Chantelle sang, pushing a cart full of breakfast dishes.

“Did…did your Aunt make this??” Hyuk asked nervously as Chantelle passed down the plates of food to everyone. “Of course not.” Chantelle answered. Hyuk and some of the others seemed relieved. “I did!” She smiled. “Oh, okay.” Dongwon shrugged about to dig in.

Taecyeon and Jun K made a slight face.

“What’s the matter?” Dongwoon asked confused.

“She can’t cook.” Taecyeon answered. “I’m the chef in our relationship.” Jun K proudly said, causing his mate to roll her eyes. At that moment, Chantelle’s Aunt entered the room. Her hair was a mess and she was still in her pajamas.

“Oh…You guys are still here…and there are more of you.” She was not pleased. “I did say that there were more of us.” Chantelle reminded. “Yeah, I was hoping that last night was just a nightmare.” Her aunt responded, her tone deadpan as she walked to the far end of the table, taking her seat.

“I made breakfast~. Would you like some?” Chantelle smiled cheekily. “No.” Her aunt shut down the offer. “Suit yourself.” Chantelle shrugged sitting down beside Jun K.

An awkward silence fell amongst all of us, unsure of what to say. We expected Chantelle to say something, but she was occupied with her fingernails.

What made it even more awkward was the lady studied each and everyone one of us extremely carefully. It felt like we were specimen underneath a large microscope. “So, what do we call you?” Keomi was the one to speak up, unaware of the awkward atmosphere. “Call me Pam.” The woman answered.

“Pam?” Junhyung repeated.

“Yes, as in the Great Pan, but instead of a ‘n’, it’s an ‘m’. As I like to consider myself as the female version.” Chantelle’s aunt explained.

We all sat confused, causing the elder to sigh in annoyance. “You young people don’t know anything. Anyway, what do I call you guys?” She asked, her tone returning deadpan.

“I’m Keomi!” Keomi smiled being the first to speak again. The rest of us did the same, introducing ourselves. Then Chantelle explained the entire situation to her and why we came here.

“A war?” Pam asked sounding extremely unimpressed.

“Yeah. There’s going to be a war. You didn’t know?’ Keomi asked in surprised.

“Keomi.” Kikwang lightly scolded, only to receive a confused look from the 8-year-old.

“The world is always at war little girl. Remember that.” Pam advised, keeping her monotoned voice.

“We ran into some trouble…so~, that’s why we’re here.” Taecyeon said, getting back on track. Pam frowned. “I don’t get involved in wars.” She stated. “We just need a teeny favor Auntie. You don’t have to fight.” Chantelle cooed. The elder looked at her niece.

“One of the minion’s of Mr. Shin’s army severed the bond between Yongguk and Junhong here. And so, the only one who can fix it…is you.” This was Chantelle’s way of requesting a favor. This sparked some interest from the elder pureblood.

Pam rubbed her chin as if to consider it. A smirk grew on Chantelle’s lips. “That is a tough and dangerous problem to fix.” Pam thought aloud.

Zelo’s eyes widened in worry. “Wh-What do you mean?” He asked, hesitant about hearing the answer. Pam shrugged, “It may not work. If I’m not careful I can make it worse. For example, I can end up actually breaking the bond, or end up killing your mate here. If I mess up.” A small smile grew on her lips. “I’ll do it.” She finally said.

Zelo looked at Bang. He was having second thoughts. “Don’t worry. I know what I’m doing, although, it’s been awhile.” She slid in the last part all too nonchalant. “I just need to see if I have everything.”

Chantelle thanked her, as well as Zelo and Bang, though Zelo was more nervous than anything.

After that everyone finished their breakfast, or at leas what was edible enough on their plate, and went their separate ways, relaxing throughout the house. Pam didn’t care as long as we didn’t go up any of the top floors, which I doubted anyone was interested in exploring anyway. I waited for everyone to leave the dining area until Pam and I were the only ones left.

It honestly felt uncomfortable being alone with her. Her presence was cold but eerie at the same time. Something was off about her, more than Chantelle.

I took a deep breath before standing up from my seat. I walked up to her. “Um…Ms. Pam.” I tried to hide my timidity. She slowly looked up at me. Her stare gave me goosebumps. “I-I also have a request to make of you.”

The elder lady hadn’t said anything but sipped her tea. I couldn’t help but wonder what was going on in her mind. Was she even listening? “My mate lost his memory. He was-,” “Yes. I know exactly what happened.” She interrupted me.

This threw me off. How did she know?

“I overheard you guys explaining it to your other friends not too long ago.” She said.

I looked at her with hope-filled eyes, “So, do you think you can help?”

She released an extended sigh, “Only people who have the power to control time can fix that.”

My shoulders dropped, but I nodded. “I figured. Chantelle told me already. I just hoped that…” I rubbed the back of my neck in slight embarrassment. “I’m sorry.” She stood up. “It’s okay. I have a plan anyway!” I smiled.

Pam raised an eyebrow at this. “I see you have a friend who has the power to control time.” She reminded. “Yeah…but he doesn’t know how to do that stuff.” I told her.

“Hm, interesting.” Was all she said. And with that she walked away.

 

 

Instead of joining everyone else, I went upstairs to check on Youngjae.

I gently knocked on the door before entering his room. I didn’t care about the fact that he may try to attack me. He’s still my mate and nothing can change that. Just because he doesn’t remember, doesn’t change the history that happened between us. That’s all that matters.

Youngjae was sat on the edge of the bed, his face in his hands, his back towards me. “It doesn’t make sense. How can this be?” He murmured repeatedly to himself I gently closed the door behind me. The younger jumped, turning around. “You.” He sneered weakly when he saw that it was me. Though his expression showed anger, I could tell that he’d been crying. “Youngjae.” I breathed, walking toward him.

“Don’t you dare come close to me! You’re the last person I want to see!” He snapped.

“I know this is a lot for you but let me help.” I remained calm, slowly inching toward him. “Why? Why would I let you help me? You’re the one who did this to me!” Tears filled the wells of his eyes. “How could I ever trust you?” His bottom lip quivered.

“Because…I’m your mate.”

He froze.

I instantly regretted my words. I was afraid that he was going to faint again.

I took the chance to walk up to him. I smiled, seeing as he didn’t do anything. “How could I have been mates with you?” He asked quietly.

“You don’t remember. That’s fine.” I said caressing his soft hair. He flinched at the sudden caring touch. “I don’t mind working to have you fall for me again. I’ll do all I can to make this work and make things b

Please log in to read the full chapter