Better Together

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Zelo's POV*

“You’re not supposed to be here.” Doojoon said darkly. “I could kill you right now.” He threatened.

“Oh Doojoon! You’re just perfect!” Sooyoung shrilled, throwing us all off.

“What are you talking about?” Doojoon narrowed his eyes. “Oh, I’m sure they explained everything to you right? How I’m recruiting people and how the most powerful demons are behind this war. But I’m sure they didn’t tell you everything.” she said.

Doojoon glared at her. “I don’t want to hear it. Leave.” He ordered.

Sooyoung her red lips before slowly strutting to the pureblood. Kikwang and I jumped to our feet.

“Doojoon I need you more than I need Yongguk. You’re stronger and much more rational.” Sooyoung began. Kikwang scoffed at the last part. “You’ve had greater experience….You’re a better leader.” She whispered in his ear, only to have him shove her away, but this didn’t faze her.

“I know you care so much for your clan. They’ll be protected if you join us. We’ll even protect your precious Kikwang. And at the end of the war no matter who wins, you’ll have all the power that you-,” “Leave right now Sooyoung, while I’m being nice.” Doojoon cut her off.

This ticked her off, but she remained composed. “We’ve already made our decision.” Doojoon looked at Yoseob and Kikwang, whom still hadn’t given their answers yet.

The two nodded.

“We’re not…I’m not going to help you.” He finished.

“You don’t know what you’re doing. You’re going to regret this.” Sooyoung said.

“No, I won’t. I refuse to work with traitors.” Doojoon spoke coolly.

Sooyoung’s eyes widened in offense. “By doing this you’re not only betraying the vampire community, but all demons as well. Your entire kind…” Doojoon berated.

“That’s not true! You just watch! All of you better watch your backs! That includes the BAP clan!” Sooyoung snapped, before vanishing out of our sight.

 

There was a long pause. No one really knew what to say after what just happened. “So, it’s official? We’ll be working together?” I decided to speak up, not liking the uncomfortable silence. “Yes.” Doojoon sighed.

“When should we meet?” Youngjae asked.

“As soon as possible.” Hyunseung nodded.

“How about tomorrow at noon.” I suggested. “That’s honestly not long from now, it’s almost midnight.” Yoseob said.

I nodded, “We can’t afford to waste any more time. We need to start now. We don’t even know how far ahead the hex hunters are anyway.” I explained.

The members of the Beast clan all looked at Doojoon, knowing that he had the final say. “Junhong is right. We’ll meet tomorrow afternoon.” Doojoon confirmed.

“I’ll give you guys the address.” Youngjae volunteered. Hyunseung handed the younger vampire a pen and paper. Youngjae thanked him before writing down the information.

With that the meeting was over and everyone went their separate ways. “You think Bang will be okay with this?” Yoseob asked quietly as he and Junhyung escorted Youngjae and I out the door. “He’s going to have to.” I smiled.

“Okay…I just don’t want anything to happen.” Yoseob said nervously. I understood exactly what he was talking about. “Nothing will happen.” I promised as Youngjae and I exited through the front door. Yoseob just nodded, waiting by the door, Junhyung’s strong arms wrapped around his waist protectively. I couldn’t help but chuckle. The two of them were cute, they were always cute.

 

When we arrived back to Ravi’s home everyone was already asleep, except for Daehyun and Jaehwan who were sat at the kitchen table playing cards. “I think they’re waiting for you.” I whispered to Youngjae. The elder smiled, shaking his head. “Good Night Zelo.” He said, heading straight for the kitchen. “Good Night.” I waved, running up the stairs.

I slowly opened the door to the guest bedroom that Yongguk and I stayed in.

I smiled, closing the door behind me. The pureblood was stood by the window peering out of it. He turned his head towards me at the sound of the door closing. He was silent.

I walked towards him and gave him a gentle hug. “How did it go?” He asked.

“It went well. They said they’d help.” I said, a large smile on my face. He just nodded. “You should allow me to negotiate more. I’m pretty good at it.” I inputted. “Mm.” was his only response.

My smile slowly faded as a thought crossed my mind. “I’m kind of worried. Youngjae and I were talking about it on our way back, but the aura at the Beast Manor didn’t feel so good.” I said. Yongguk got serious, “Were you hurt?” He questioned.

“No, but something seemed wrong with Doojoon and Kikwang. It was as if they seemed like strangers to each other. I know before all of this Kikwang had been complaining about Doojoon…” I paused, reflecting over the meeting and my past conversations with Kik. “Do you think something happened?” I asked him.

Yongguk broke from my embrace and headed straight to the full sized bed. “Why do you care?” He muttered.

I crawled into the bed close to him. “Because, they’re my friends.” I said.

Yongguk growled at the fact that I called Doojoon my friend. “You shouldn’t hold grudges, it’s not healthy, and I don’t want you to get hurt.” I told him, outlining his chest with my pointer finger. “That doesn’t matter, as long as I have you.” He lifted my chin with his finger, “Because you keep me healthy.” He whispered, before placing a gentle kiss on my lips. My heart fluttered every time he did so. Man, I love Yongguk.

 

*Ravi’s POV*

That next afternoon was the most stressful and awkward. We all sat in the family room. The BAP clan on one side of the room, the Beast clan on the other side, and me and my friends in the middle. The two clan leaders stared each other down refusing to speak to each other. Hakyeon randomly began whistling to fill the “awkward” silence.

The two most powerful vampires in the room turned to look at Hakyeon, both annoyed by his sudden cheery whistling that contradicted the intense mood. The incubus just flashed a bright smile. “Isn’t it a lovely day outside? Don’t you think?” He said, looking out the window that allowed the sun beams to pour in. This guy knows no fear whatsoever.

I was already uneasy having a pureblood and alpha stay at my house. But now another pureblood?! And the two are sworn enemies?! I really couldn’t handle it now. There were now thirteen and a half demons in my house!

It’s not like it should matter, because I’m working with them, but it almost felt…wrong.

After all those years of training to fight against all demons I was now hosting thirteen and a half of them in my house. Not to mention two of them are my closest friends.

Jaehwan was beginning to lose his patience. We’ve been sitting like this for 20 minutes now. “So, what’s the plan?” He finally said, taking initiative.

“Well, for starters we know we need to work together.” Dongwoon helped out.

“Yeah, so we need to figure out what we’re going to do first.” Daehyun inputted as well.

“We’re going to have to leave soon, because I don’t know when my parents will be back. They can drop by any time now.” I informed, in an attempt to be useful. Hakyeon smiled at me.

“Then we’ll get going soon.” Bang finally spoke.

“We should leave when we’re properly equipped with either weapons or information.” Doojoon spoke up as well.

“We’ll leave at the end of this week.” Bang countered.

“We need to head out sooner.” Doojoon narrowed his eyes.

“We’ll go out again tonight and try to squeeze information from the people.” Bang’s irises turned red, as well as Doojoon’s. “That’s dangerous, we need to ask people we know.” Doojoon retorted.

Bang growled at Doojoon.

Doojoon’s fangs extended.

“You don’t have the right to tell my clan what to do.” Bang growled.

“Neither do you.” Doojoon hissed.

I unconsciously coward behind Hakyeon, their growing power was intimidating.

“I’m the leader.” Bang barked.

“Then we’re not helping you.” Doojoon threatened.

“Yah!! Both of you guys can lead us. We don’t have time for an election or duel. If we work together, then we work together as one clan with two leaders. But you guys have to cooperate.” Jaehwan butted in.

“I think Jaehwan should lead us.” Daehyun spoke up, only to receive a glare from Bang.

“What? He’s been right this whole time.” Daehyun shrugged.

When the two finally calmed down, Doojoon spoke again. “We should leave in two days. That gives us time to feed, get any more information and gear up.” He explained, receiving head nods from the majority of us. “Where will we go?” Hyuk asked.

There was a moment of silence as we all pondered on the thought.

“Oh! When Jongup and I went out, we met this 16 year old girl named Aiyanna, who said she knows someone who can help us.” Daehyun spoke up.

“Yeah, she gave us this card that she said will lead us to the place where the person lives.” Jongup added, holding up a pink card. “Maybe we can start there.”

“We can use all the help we can get.” Dongwoon agreed.

Doojoon and Bang seemed reluctant.

“Yeah, whoever it is, can probably give us important information.” Yoseob spoke up.

“I don’t know, that’s really risky.” Himchan doubted. “Yeah, what if s

Please log in to read the full chapter