Still Love

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“This…is…your aunt’s home?” Yoseob questioned, staring up at the intimidating building. The building was extremely tall and wiry, like an old haunted house. It had a deep violet color, standing crookedly, and gave off a grand yet empty aura. “Yep!” Chantelle smiled proudly.

“Does she even still live here?” Hongbin asked, captivated by the creepy home. “Does everyone in your family live in a mansion?” Ravi remarked.

Chantelle laughed hard at this, as if she’d heard the funniest joke in the world. This was a strange side of her. “Of course not. This is just an extra old mansion that nobody dares live in, due to true haunting stories or something like that. So my aunt was able to get it dirt cheap.” She laughed off.

“T-True haunting…stories?” Hyuk shivered.

“Let’s go in.” She said excitedly, being the first to walk up the steps to the front door. She knocked on the front door, “Ooh~ Auntie~…it’s your favorite family member~.” She sang.

Hyuk scooted closer to Hongbin. “What did she say she was again?” He shivered. “I-I don’t think she said.” Hongbin said nervously. “What if she’s a warlock? And…and she’s an angry one?” the more Hyuk spoke the more he shivered.

“Oh! And if she is a warlock, what if she turns Ravi into a frog?” Hakyeon said a large smile on his face.

The two just looked at him.

“I think he’s just as crazy as Chantelle.” Hyuk whispered to Hongbin. “No, he’s just always too friendly and optimistic.” Taekwoon murmured in annoyance.

“Why me?” Ravi said sounding quite unimpressed.

“Because, you’re a handsome prince.” Hakyeon said, as if it were obvious. Ravi blushed at this.

“Awe~, you’re so adorable Wonsik.” Hakyeon cooed, pinching the younger’s cheek. “Yah! Don’t touch me like that.” Rave shooed the incubus’ hand away.

At that moment the door creaked open, making an eerie prolonged squeak as it opened at an unbearably slow pace. A tall beautiful woman was revealed behind the door. She wore a dark blue clothed robe that draped over her sweats and T-shirt. Her hair was a mess and she looked worn out, but something about her features made her come off as attractive if she were to dress up a little.

Though she was Chantelle’s aunt, she only looked about a few years older than us, probably because she’s a vampire. “Did I wake you from your five year slumber?” Chantelle greeted.

The elder cracked a tiresome smile, “Yes, you did. I was having quite a nice sleep, so make this quick.” She yawned.

“5 year slumber?” Hyuk gasped unconsciously. Chantelle’s aunt nodded.

“She sleeps for five years, every 20 years.” Jun k explained. “Why?” Hakyeon asked.

“The world is a boring place after you’ve lived for so long. At this point I’m waiting for my time to come.” Chantelle’s aunt answered indifferently.

“Well, things are about to change. For the next few days you will have excitement! And a bunch of company!” Chantelle advertised.

The older lady scanned us carefully. Her eyes carrying no burden of emotion other than that in relation to annoyance. “Who are these people?” Her tone was deadpan.

“These are my new friends.” Chantelle simply introduced. We all bowed formally, not wanting to offend the woman, not knowing what she could do to us. Her aura was already cold and unsettling.

Her aunt didn’t say anything. She didn’t need to. Her expression said it all. She didn’t want any visitors.

She just stood there, as if waiting patiently for us to leave. She was scary, just her silent presence alone gave you the chills. It made the hairs on your skin involuntarily stand. “I hope you have enough h rooms because I have seven more friends coming by.” Chantelle simply said, pushing past her aunt into the tall creepy building.

We all stood there in shock. “Oh! How did she? Does she want to die?” Ravi whispered this time.

“Is she not afraid of being struck by lightning or something?” Hyuk added, shivering.

I was starting to feel more uneasy than before. Even Jun K didn’t step inside the house.

However, the scary woman didn’t do anything. Instead her attention turned towards Jun K. “I’m guessing you’ll be explaining?” She spoke. Jun K simply shrugged.

Her eyes scanned us once more before speaking again, “Come in.” She turned around first, leading us inside. Jun K went in next, while the rest of us lagged behind before finally doing so. Yoseob yelped at the sound of the door automatically shutting behind us.

The foyer was dark and looked as run down as the outside of the building. However, when we passed through the second set of doors, an entirely different world was revealed.

The inside had a mellow Victorian style. Everything was a faded gold, complimented with different shades of purple. Chantelle was already sat comfortably on the couch. “Auntie, this place hasn’t changed a bit.” She stretched.

“What’s going on?” The woman asked, folding her arms. “We’ll explain when the others get here.” Chantelle answered.

The woman sighed in annoyance, knowing that there was no use of arguing. “Whatever, I’m going back to bed. Make yourselves at home, but don’t get too comfortable.” Her voice remained deadpan as she turned around to walk down one of the long dark corridors.

“Such a terrible host.” Chantelle shook her head standing up. “She never really liked having guest anyway.” Jun K shrugged.

“So what do we do now?” Hyuk asked.

“First we should lay Youngjae down somewhere to rest.” Yoseob suggested.

“Alright, in the mean time I’ll show you guys the rooms you can stay in.” Chantelle said, heading up the long narrow stairway.

 

The stairs squeaked as we walked carefully among them. It was dusty and old, and obviously hadn’t been used in a while. “There are only eight rooms available. Four on the second floor and four on the third floor.” Chantelle said. “What about the other floors?” Ravi asked curiously.

The hybrid stopped in the middle of her steps. “There are rooms there too.” Was her only response, followed by a cynical chuckle, leaving us all confused and a little creeped out.

“Didn’t you say that this place was…haunted?” Hyuk questioned, never releasing Hongbin’s arm. “It depends on whether you believe the stories are real.” Was Chantelle’s indirect answer.

The younger frowned, not finding the answer comforting at all.

“It think she means it’s not haunted.” Hakyeon finally said, after trying to decipher her words. “Bing.” Chantelle sang.

Hyuk and Hongbin looked shocked. “You understood?” Hongbin questioned.

The elder shrugged. “It’s really not that hard.” He flashed a bright smile.

“I’m starting to believe he really is crazy like Chantelle, but nicer.” Hyuk whispered to Hongbin.

 

Chantelle showed us (more like assigned us) to our rooms. Hyuk, Hongbin, Hakyeon, and Ravi were to share a room that actually had two bunk beds. Chantelle and Jun K would obviously share a room. Junhyung and Yoseob shared one as well.

We left some rooms open for Bang and Zelo to share, Hyunseung and Dongwoon to share, and another for Taekwoon, Taecyeon, Keomi and Himchan to all share.

“It’d be best if you don’t share a room with Youngjae. In case he tries to kill you in your sleep.” Jun K said as the two of us watched as Hakyeon and Junhyung carefully placed Youngjae onto the

Please log in to read the full chapter