I'm Going Down

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning I woke up feeling like crap. I hadn’t slept well at all last night. So much was on my mind. The whole thing with Doojoon, hurting Keomi, the humans verses demons situation, and not to mention I saw one of my closest friends die and didn’t even get the chance to stomach the whole scene.

I groaned, sitting up, the first thing I have to do is make things right with Keomi.

I got up, changed my clothes and brushed my teeth before heading downstairs.

To my surprise Keomi was in the living room laughing and playing around with Junhyung and Yoseob, while Hyunseung was in the kitchen making breakfast and Dongwoon keeping him company. Of course Doojoon was nowhere to be seen…thankfully.

Junhyung was running around the living room giving Keomi a piggy-back ride. “Ah! Stop you’re going too fast!” Keomi laughed, holding onto him tightly. He was on the verge of running at vampiric speed.

“Junhyung, stop. I think that’s too fast. You’ll break here.” Yoseob said worried, but the elder vampire ignored him, getting slightly faster. “Junhyung.” Yoseob said frustrated.

Seeing that the elder wasn’t going to listen, Yoseob jumped in the way.

Junhyung made a last minute turn, causing him and Keomi to crash into the couch. Yoseob gasped, “Are you okay Keomi?”

The little girl just laughed as he removed the pillow off of her.

“That was so fun!” She laughed, sitting up, her hair now a mess. Yoseob sighed in relief. Junhyung sat up smiling proudly, ignoring his mate’s glare.

Keomi slid off the couch hugging herself. “Ah~, it’s cold.” She suddenly shivered.

Everyone stood up straight at her words. She was right, it did suddenly become cold and the air heavy.

At that moment Doojoon entered the scene. Everyone was silent and nobody bothered to move except for Keomi. Doojoon looked down at her coldly. She didn’t flinch and looked back at him fearlessly with a poker face.

“I’m going back to Busan to check out what’s going on there.” He finally spoke, looking away from the little girl. “Hyunseung, Junhyung come with me.” He ordered.

“What? No!” Yoseob unconsciously protested, grabbing Junhyung’s arm, preventing him from leaving. Doojoon narrowed his eyes at him.

“Yoseob.” Junhyung said, pulling his arm away, walking towards Doojoon. The younger frowned.

Hyunseung slipped on his jacket before joining the other two. “Hyunseung…” Dongwoon said worried. “Keomi and Kik’s breakfast is ready.” Was all the elder said. At that moment black mist surrounded the eldest three members and they were gone.

Yoseob crossed his arms pouting. “How come they always get to go out and observe serious stuff like that?” He complained. “Because they’re the oldest and plus they’re the closest to Joon.” Dongwoon answered.

The elder just looked at him. “I know that. It was a rhetorical question Dongwoon.” He said a bit irritated. The younger just shrugged. “We’re not kids. We’re capable of fighting too.” Yoseob murmured.

“Yeah, but if Joon took all of us then we’d only gain attention since we’d be a big group of people.” Dongwoon explained. “Ugh! Can’t you stop being rational and let me be angry?!” Yoseob said in annoyance.

Dongwoon just gave him a confused look, “Why would you want to do that?” He questioned.

“Ugh! Forget it.” Yoseob said in frustration.

Keomi chuckled at the two. “You guys are silly.”

 

“Hey guys.” I finally said, entering the living space. Keomi stopped laughing. The mood suddenly became down again…great.

“Um, Hey.” Dongwoon smiled, trying to lift the spirit again.

Keomi slid off the couch and began to walk away. “Keo, where are you going?” Yoseob questioned.

“I’m…I’m uh sleepy…yeah.” She lied. “But you didn’t eat your breakfast yet.” Yoseob said.

Keomi stopped, seeming to contemplate with herself.

Dongwoon placed her plate of food on the table. “Um…okay.” She said, unable to resist.

“Keomi.” I said before she could go into the kitchen. “…I’m sorry…” I apologized. The younger only cringed, her eyes getting water from the memory.

“Kikwang…” Yoseob sighed sadly, as if what I did was a big mistake. Noticing this, Dongwoon took Keomi’s hand and led her to the table. “Hyunseung’s food is the best! You’ll like it a lot.” He encouraged.

“Kik, maybe it’s better if you-,” “If I what? Leave?! Maybe that’s what I should do! Since I’m so stupid that I keep hurting the people I care about the most.” I blurted in frustration.

“No Kik. That’s not what I’m saying. The three of you are still emotional right now. It’s better to take this day to stay away from one another.” Yoseob explained.

I sighed, feeling both angry and hurt. The whole situation was frustrating. “Sure.” Was all I could say, and walked upstairs back into the guest room, locking the door behind me.

The whole thing was starting to get depressing fast. The more I thought about what I said to Keomi last night, the guiltier I felt. I just wanted to apologize and get her to forgive me. That’s all I want right now. What I said was terrible….especially since I wasn’t going to adopt her.

I sat on the bed, staring at the window. Maybe Yoseob is right, maybe I need to calm down first…but…I can’t calm down here. Not after all that’s already happened here.

I need to go out.

I need fresh air.

Without thinking any further about it, I slipped on my socks and shoes. Then I opened the window and slipped out of it and closed it before carefully jumping down to the ground.

I groaned slightly at the impact before dashing off into the woods.

The woods has changed a lot over the years. There’s a lot more trees and critters, but less demons live in the area. Most of them moved out over time, but I feel like that’s going to change very soon.

I quickly made my way to the place that never changed…my old home back at the farm. I smiled seeing how peaceful and bright the place looked.

I walked slowly around the farm taking in the scene and comforting aura.

The animals were no longer there. After my parents passed away, we sold them in the market.

Even though nobody lives here anymore it never looked abandoned, instead it looked warm and welcoming. “Man it’s been a while.” I said, sitting down on the steps of the front porch. I closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh air. I had so many good memories here. Oh how I miss them so much.

I chuckled a little to myself, Doojoon was always nervous around my parents:

-97 years ago-

“How do I look?” Doojoon asked. “You look fine.” I answered for the nth time, it was starting to get annoying. I reached out to knock on the front door of my parents’ home when Joon quickly stopped me. “Do we have to do this? Can we do it next week?” He asked nearly pleading to leave.

“No~…I want to see my parents.” I said.

“Yeah. Next week, I feel like it’ll be better if we do it then.” Doojoon urged hopeful, but I just looked at him. “If you don’t want to go, then you can go home and pick me up when it’s time for me to leave.” I told him.

“But, I want to stay with you.” He said, slipping his hand in mine, causing me to blush a little. “Alright, we’re staying then.” I said knocking on the door. I felt Doojoon tense up as I did so. “We’re only going to be staying for 2 weeks.” I reminded him. “Yeah~, that’s a long time.” He said.

“It’ll go by way faster than you think.” I assured him, but that didn’t calm him down at all. “Why are you so nerv-,” “Kiki!!” My mother answered the door before I could finish.

“Mom!” I said happily, giving her a tight hug. “Come in, come in.” She said opening the door wider.

I entered the house first, then Doojoon entered, carrying our suitcases of clothes. “Hello Joon.” My mother greeted with a warm smile. “Hello Mrs. Lee.” Doojoon did a 90 degree bow before closing the door behind him.

“Ah~, I am so glad you guys are finally here.” Mother said. “Me too!” I said just as happy to see her.

“Kikwang!” My father entered the family room giving me a bear hug. “Dad!” I laughed.

“Doojoon.” My father smiled, giving the pureblood a handshake. “Hello Mr. Lee.” Doojoon greeted, giving another 90 degree bow.

“Honey, won’t you show Joon where to put the suitcases?” My mom said. “Ah yes. Follow me upstairs. You two will be saying in Kik’s room.” My father said, leading the way. Doojoon just nodded and followed him, giving me a look as if to ask me to save him. I just smiled and waved at him.

 

Once the two returned, the four of us went into the kitchen to eat dinner (with the exception of Joon who just had a cup of water). We talked a lot over dinner. Doojoon spoke every once in a while when my parents asked him a question other than that he was stiff and quiet.

“Mmm~, Umma, I miss your coking. The food is delicious.” I said thankfully. She just smiled, “Thank you Kik.” She chuckled. “Here Doojoon you should try it.” I said, putting some more food on my fork. “N-No thank you Kikwang.” He said shaking his head.

“Awe c’mon, you said it yourself my mom’s food is the best. Just one piece. Come on. Say aah~…” I said.

The pureblood reluctantly opened his mouth.

“Aahhh~…” I smiled and happily put the food in his mouth.

He slowly chewed, taking in the flavor. “This…is good.” He said, his eyes slightly widening. “See~, I told you.” I said cheekily.

“You two are cute.” My mother chuckled. Doojoon blushed hard, slightly looking down. I couldn’t help but laugh at his unusual behavior, it was kind of cute.

We talked for a few more hours before heading off to bed and saying our good nights.

“Ah~, I am so tired.” I said, climbing into bed. The bed of course was small than the one at home, so we were squished together. “I don’t know how I am going to last these next couple of weeks.” Joon sighed, slipping into the bed next to me.

I chuckled a little. “How come you’re so nervous around my parents?” I finally asked. “Because they’re your parents. Why else wouldn’t I be nervous around my mate’s parents?” He answered. “I know there’s more to that.” I said not satisfied.

He sighed knowing that I wasn’t going to let it go so easily. “How can I face them properly after all that I’ve done to you?” He began.

“First, I pretty much held you captive for weeks, even after all that I rarely let you visit them. Secondly, I’ve made you cry, hurt you physically and emotionally. Your life was in more danger after you met me. I’m pretty sure they despise me.” He listed off.

“Not all of it was your fault. If I had been obedient and not have gone into the woods then none of that would’ve happened.” I reminded. “Yeah but…I’m glad that you went into the woods.” Doojoon smiled, wrapping his arms around me.

I smiled back at him. “Plus it’s been a few years now. My parents have warmed up to you by now.” I said. “Do you really believe that?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Of course. I know so.” I assured him.

“I don’t know.” He said, still not convinced.

“Don’t

Please log in to read the full chapter