Teach Me A Lesson

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Kikwang’s POV*

“Ugh! How is he going to go to work at a time like this?” I grumbled to myself as Keomi and I sat at a table on the patio of the bakery. “…and he’s going to tell me that I have to stay home. I am my own person, I don’t have to do everything he tells me.” I ranted, chewing on my pastry.

“…he has no right to lock me back up again. I know he knows I’m beyond angry. He knows exactly how I felt the past few days and he pays no mind to it. He doesn’t pay attention to me!” I slammed my fist on the table. “He doesn’t care. He only care’s about what he thinks, not what anyone else thinks or feels. Not even his own mate. That jerk!” I nearly snapped.

“Um…Kiki? Are you okay?” Keomi said, interrupting my thoughts.

I looked at her and smiled. “Yeah, I’m fine.” I lied.

The 8 year old frowned. “I’m not dumb, Kiki.” She said.

I almost scoffed. An 8 year old knows that something is wrong but not my own mate. That should say a lot, shouldn’t it? “Do you want to talk about it?” Keomi offered.

I just chuckled. “You wouldn’t understand. It’s adult stuff.” I told her.

She pouted, dissatisfied. “You don’t know. I know a lot of stuff.” She said. “Uh-huh, sure. You just want to know the drama.” I accused.

She just smiled. “Nuh uh.” She lied, trying to hold back her smile by stuffing with a donut, only making her look adorable.

Her smile slowly faded as she pushed her plate of sweets away from her.

I gave her a confused look, she’s been acting like this for the past couple of days. She would get really happy and then her happiness would fade away into unconscious sadness. Recently she’s been insisting on returning back to the orphanage early, or reluctantly go somewhere with me.

“I want to go back to the orphanage.” She said.

“Why?” I finally asked.

She looked at me surprised, not expecting the question. I wasn’t going to let her go this time without a reason.

“Just take me back to the orphanage. I’m not supposed to be gone anyway.” Was her response. “Not until you tell me why.” I said. “Fine. I’ll just go myself.” She climbed down out of her chair, but I quickly grabbed her arm before she could walk away.

“I said not until you tell me why.” I spoke firmly. She turned, facing me, trying to pull away. I noticed that her eyes were watery. “Let me go.” She whimpered. This wasn’t like her. She looked dejected and hurt.

“Keomi, stop and tell me why.” I tried again.

“No. I don’t have to! You’re not my dad!” She snapped, clawing at my hand desperately.

My eyes widened at the meaning behind her words. “Keomi.” I said softly, refusing to let her go. She dropped her hand giving up as tears escaped her eyes. “Why are you doing this to me?”

I blinked dumbfounded. “Wh-What do you mean?”

“I-I don’t…Just leave me alone. Why-Why do you keep taking me out when you’re not going to adopt me?” more tears streamed down her cheeks.

“Keomi…you know that I can’t adopt you. I told you this from the start.” I reminded painfully. This only made things worse.

“Wh-Why not? Do you not like me?” She was on the verge of bursting into tears.

“No Keo, of course not.” I assured her, but that didn’t do anything. “Then why do you keep taking me out? I hate it in the orphanage. I hate it so much, but every day you take me out, the more you take me out the more I believe you’ll adopt me and I’ll be away from that place. I hate it.” She cried in pain. “It hurts….”

My heart sunk. Junhyung was right. I should’ve thought this through. “I’m sorry Keomi. But…I-I really can’t adopt you.” Was all I could say.

“Why not?!” She nearly spat.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I couldn’t answer. She wouldn’t understand.

She noticed this and tried to tug away. “I don’t wanna see you anymore. I don’t want to hope anymore.” She sniffled, wiping her tears with her wrist.

My heart sunk deeper.

Before anything else could be said or done Ryeowook came out with a worried expression on his face. I quickly stood up not daring to release Keomi’s arm, though she continued to tug away. “You guys need to go home immediately.” Ryeowook stated.

“Wh-What? Why?” I asked not liking the sound of that.

“Something isn’t right I-,” The incubus was cut off by loud marching. Keomi stopped resisting and turned towards the sound.

There was what looked like an army of armed soldiers dressed in navy blue and white suits. They all wore helmets and had strange looking guns in their hands. They marched in perfect unison.

There were four guys on whit motorcycles that led the group of a little over 50 people and four other guys on motorcycles that trailed behind them, and a navy blue helicopter hovered over everyone. The mood became dark.

My heart stopped. On their uniforms and equipment was the Hex hunter’s symbol.

Ryeowook was about to run back inside to get Kyuhyun when suddenly the helicopter dropped a ball that released light green gas when it hit the ground.

The gas quickly spread and contaminated the air, forcing people to choke and cough. I gripped Keomi’s arm tightly not wanting to lose her.

Once the gas cleared enough for us to see I spotted Ryeowook on his knees in pain. “Ryeowook…are you okay?” I asked. My eyes widened when I saw his face.

His eyes were an irritated red and his irises changed from brown to pitch black and his teeth forcefully extended. Blood dripped from his gums and nose.

“Get…Get Kyuhyun.” He said through much pain. “I’m not leaving you. It’s too dangerous.” I said. “Kikwang go~!” he growled.

I sighed and obeyed him, but when I turned to get him Keomi yanked from my grip to Ryeowook. “Look! There’s a demon over there!” one of the hunters spotted Ryeowook.

Keomi grabbed his arm desperately. “Run. Hurry.” She urged.

I dashed inside. “Kyuhyun!!” I shouted with much urgency.

“What’s going on?” Eunhyuk asked me concerned. “You and Leeteuk need to go home now, please! Kyuhyun!!” I called again.

The wizard quickly ran out from his office. “Ryeowook.” Was all I needed to say. At that moment screaming was heard outside. “Keomi.” I gasped.

 

The two of us ran outside and saw two hex hunters pinning Ryeowook down. His black leather wings were out, but they were limp and broken. “Yah! Let him go!” Keomi screamed, kicking one of the hunter’s legs.

“We need to kill him before he heals.” One of the hunters said. The other hunter nodded and kicked Keomi to the side. “Keomi!” I ran to her care, but before anything was done. The hunter put the gun to Ryeowook’s head and pulled the trigger.

A high pitched sound came from the machine and Ryeowook’s eyes rolled back and his skin turned a pale gray. His body shook for a few seconds while screams emitted from him. He rolled over in pain crying tears of blood.

The other hunter took a silver knife and stabbed Ryeowook in the throat.

The incubus let out a final painful scream before falling limp.

“R-Ryeowook…” Kyuhyun was in complete disbelief.

I stood there frozen, with Keomi trembling in my arms.

“Sir, he was a demon. I’m sorry you had to find out that way.” One of the hunters attempted to console him. Kyuhyun bawled his fists, everything around us trembling. “Uh, oh time to go.” I scooped Keomi up. “You don’t think I ing knew that?!” The wizard shouted.

The two men stood there confused, but on guard. “You’re going to pay for this! Kikwang go!” Kyuhyun ordered. I nodded and ran away from the bakery towards home.

 

Keomi hugged my neck not wanting to fall. “I wo

Please log in to read the full chapter