Blue Blossom

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Jaehwan's POV*

 

Seconds later we appeared inside Hakyeon’s room. “A-AH! What the heck?!...Oh~! It’s you guys. Hahaha…you scared me.” Hakyeon laughed.

“Sorry, Himchan said we couldn’t be out on the streets so I figured appearing in your room was the next best thing.” I said, the incubus nodded in understanding. “Are you…packing?” Hyuk asked.

Hakyeon’s room was half empty and had multiple boxes packed or half full. Hakyeon’s eyes down casted, but he nodded sadly.

“We have to leave too. We’re leaving tomorrow afternoon.” Hongbin said, rubbing the back of his neck. “I’m sorry to hear that. My parents felt that it’s too risky to live in this neighborhood, since it’s full of humans. And hex hunters. So we’re leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow.” Hakyeon explained.

“So, I guess this’ll be the last time we see each other.” Hongbin said regretfully.

Hakyeon smiled, standing up. “That’s sad, because I really liked you guys. I didn’t even get to see Taekwoon.” He chuckled winking at me. I just smiled. Even though he appeared happy, sadness was prominent in his voice. “Let’s group hug!” The incubus smiled brightly.

“No!!” Hyuk suddenly spat.

All of us looked at the younger surprised at his uncharacteristic outburst. “This won’t be the last time we see each other.” He said, his eyes glossy. “Hyuk…” Hongbin said quietly. “It’ won’t be. We’ll all survive this. There won’t be a war and we’ll hang out again soon.” Hyuk assured himself.

“But Hyuk, that’s not-,” “it is possible!” Hyuk cut the werewolf off. “…it…It has to be…you guys are the only friends, the first friends, I’ve ever had and that ever cared for me. I don’t want to lose you so soon.” Hyuk furrowed his brow in an attempt to hold back his tears.

Hakyeon smiled warmly at the maknae. “Of course.” He said. “We’ll all get through this and see each other soon, and play basketball and get ice cream.” He nodded, liking the idea very much.

Hyuk slightly dropped his shoulders in relief. Hongbin hung his arms over the hybrid’s shoulders. “We’ll…do our best.” Hongbin said, trying to be convincing, though I could tell he was struggling to convince his own self.

“Should we say goodbye to Wonsik then?” I spoke up.

The aura quickly dropped again. “Do you mean we should tell him the truth?” Hongbin raised an eyebrow. I slowly nodded.

“Isn’t that…dangerous? Hyuk questioned. I nodded. “But he wouldn’t betray us.” I said confidently. Hongbin and Hyuk looked at me skeptically.

“I don’t think he’ll betray us either. He’s been coming over a lot lately. He’s worried sick about you guys because no one is answering their phones. He cares a lot about you three.” Hakyeon backed me up. “And you too.” I said.

“Eh, I’m just a person that’s available to him because I live close by. But I don’t mind that.” Hakyeon shrugged nonchalantly. Hongbin sighed hesitantly. “Besides, if he does try something, we can disappear just like that.” I said, snapping my fingers for reassurance.

“Alright.” Hongbin gave in.

“Cool! My phone is still on so I’ll give him a quick call. I’ll be right back.” Hakyeon said, leaving the room.

The three of us just stood there in silence. It was obvious that Hyuk and Hongbin were nervous. I was honestly nervous too, even though I’m not a demon, everyone that’s close to me are demons, except for Kikwang, Uncle Junghyuk, aunt Mina, and Ravi. “Things are going to be way different from now on, huh?” Hyuk spoke up. All Hongbin and I could do was nod at the reality.

 

We waited in Hakyeon’s room for a good 10 minutes before him and Wonsik finally entered the bedroom.

The three of us immediately jumped to our feet at the sight of the hex hunter. He stood there wide eyed in shock. “Surprise!” Hakyeon cheered, closing the door behind him.

“Wh-What are you guys doing here? Wh-Why haven’t you guys been answering your phones?!” Ravi spat. He was angry, relieved, and hurt all at the same time. It was perfectly visible on how worried it was. It showed greatly on his face.

“We turned our phones off, because we didn’t want to get caught.” Hyuk answered quietly.

“You guys weren’t at school either.” Ravi’s voice almost cracked.

“We couldn’t go…it was too dangerous.” Hongbin said.

“But…how come you stopped by here…and not at my house?” Ravi was hurt. He had a point, we were closer to Ravi than dangerous. “It’s dangerous…” I said barely above a whisper.

“What? But it’s safer at my house.” He said.

“No…it’s more dangerous there.” I spoke calmly. He gave me a confused look. “You should sit down.” Hakyeon said, leading the hunter to sit down on his bed. Hakyeon sat down next to him while the rest of us stayed standing.

“Ravi, we are all leaving tomorrow. It is too dangerous for any of us to stay any longer.” I began.

“What? What are you talking about? It’s safe. Hex hunters will be on guard everywhere to stop demons.” Ravi explained almost desperate. “Exactly.” Hongbin said.

The hunter was now lost.

“Ravi, we’re not who you think we are. I’m actually 110. A spell was put on me so I age super slowly. I’m human but I also have powers based off of my emotions. And…my name really isn’t Ken, it’s Jaehwan.” I confessed first.

Ravi blinked, not believing what he just heard.

“My name is still Hongbin, but…I’m not human. I’m actually a werewolf.” Hongbin went next.

Ravi blinked again, furrowing his brow trying to comprehend what we were saying.

“My name is also still Hyuk, but I’m half human and half vampire.” Hyuk spoke up.

Ravi’s jaw dropped, he was speechless. He hesitantly turned to look at Hakyeon, hoping he’d be the only real one, but the elder only smiled warmly. “My real name is Hakyeon. I’m 120 years old, and I’m not human either, I’m an incubus.” He finally said.

Ravi scooted away from the incubus wide-eyed. “But…” he looked around at the four of us. “But…that can’t be…” he was in disbelief.

“It is though…” Hakyeon said.

Ravi shook his head, standing up not wanting to believe it. “No…no…it’s just not right. If that’s true…then why didn’t you guys tell me sooner? Not right before you leave.” He was hurt and confused. Hakyeon only sighed.

“Ravi, because we didn’t know how you would react. You were getting so deep into the whole hex hunter thing that it made it all the more dangerous to tell you the truth. We figured that telling you now is the best time because if you were to try to hurt us we could leave immediately” I was the one who explain.

Ravi backed up until he hit the wall behind him. He ran his fingers through his hair tugging at it.

“But…we didn’t think you’d react like this.” Hongbin said apologetically.

“So…you guys had to listen to every cruel thing I said about demons…a-about you? A-And you still treated me kindly?” Ravi was in awe but confusion too. Hongbin and I nodded. “You were our friend before you started saying all that and believing it.” I smiled at him.

But he only shook his head. “And you. Ow come you allowed me to always come to your house? Knowing I hated demons, you only knew me for a couple of months.” Ravi pointed to Hakyeon, who only shrugged. “I found you intriguing and I knew you couldn’t do anything to me.” The incubus simply said.

The hunter was just silent, pacing the room. Eventually silence filled the air along with uneasiness from the rest of us.

“You’re not…going to…kill us…right?” Hyuk squeaked, breaking Ravi’s train of though.

The human froze staring at the hybrid, then at me, then at Hongbin, and finally at Hakyeon. He just stood there frozen like that, conflicted and confused. “Kill you guys?” He said breathlessly. “You are a hunter…” Hyuk said even quieter.

Ravi’s eyes saddened, knowing exactly what the younger was saying. “…and following your parents’ footsteps seems most important to you.” Hongbin said lowering his gaze at the sad truth.

“Wonsik?” Hakyeon questioned in concern.

The said hunter’s eyes narrowed, his jaw clenched, and his hands bawled into tight fists. “My…my parents? No!! I would never kill you guys. I will never kill

Please log in to read the full chapter