Taeyeon's Stress

Forever With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a normal boring day. Yuri is reading a Kim diary while Sooyoung is reading a random magazine both her feet propped up on Taeyeon’s coffee table. They were inside Taeyeon’s study room while little Kim is busy preparing a snack for them in the kitchen. Yuri doesn’t know why she enjoys reading someone’s diary, for amusement maybe? She’s bored out of her wits and what better way to cure it than reading. Plus the diary is really detailed, she can feel her mind going back to World War I era.

“Guys”

Yuri and Sooyoung turned to the door. Taeyeon emerged thru the door with a tray full of food and drinks in hand.

“Need a hand?” Sooyoung asks.

Taeyeon shakes her head as she settle the tray down on the table. She furrows her brows when she saw the diary in Yuri’s hand. “Why are you reading my great grandfather’s diary?”

Yuri shrugs. “I was bored”

Taeyeon turns to Sooyoung. “Do you understand that?”

Sooyoung smiles then shakes her head. “I just like to look at the clothes”

“Oh-kay?” Taeyeon answered unsure. She shakes her head and just starts handing out food and drinks.

The two gladly accepted with a thanks.

“So all the Kim men were in the military?” Yuri asks.

Taeyeon settles herself beside Sooyoung on the couch. “In the past, yes. But that tradition was cut when my great grandfather decided to be a businessman instead”

“There’s no fortune in the military after all…” Yuri trails off. “Only death”

“Honestly it was my great grandmother that forced great grandpops to become a businessman” Taeyeon smiles at the thought of her grandparents. “Grandmom was so in love with pops that she wanted them to be together all the time. And the cliché ‘grow old with you’, she wanted that so bad. Of course pops loved her equally. So even if he wanted to be a military man, he didn’t”

Yuri frowns. “He wanted to be a military man because of me, didn’t he?”

Taeyeon sighs. “Yes”

Yuri rubs her forehead, of course it had to be because of her. It was a good thing Taeyeon’s great grandfather didn’t follow her. Otherwise he wouldn’t have survived the war. It was gruesome, the enemy was able to wipe out her whole battalion with her being the only survivor because no one can really kill her.

“How about you Sooyoung?” Taeyeon turns to the deity beside her. “What have you been doing all this years?”

Sooyoung shrugs. “Travel around the world visit places every 20 years” she answers while lazily flipping the magazine’s page. “You’d be surprise how fast the world evolve”

Yuri was nodding her head, agreeing with Sooyoung. “Some for the good, some for the worst”

“True that” Sooyung raised her drink to Yuri who answered with a nod of acknowledgement.

“All those years wandering around, you two never bump into each other?” Taeyeon asks.

Yuri and Sooyoung look at each other. It was Sooyoung who answered.

“We do bump into each other from time to time, let’s say every 50 years?”

“We were never in good terms” Yuri added. “With me still being bitter about the whole immortality thing until you came along”

Taeyeon nods her head in understanding. Well, she did play a big part for the two to be in good terms. “Yul before I forget”

“Hm?”

“When are you going to talk to Jessica?”

Yuri close the diary then turn her full attention to Taeyeon. She sighs. “I tried calling her but she wouldn’t answer. I tried going to her house but her father would glare at me before telling me that Jessica doesn’t want to see me. I’m all out of options”

“I know you’re still worried about your relationship with Jessica and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but what are we going to do about Jaejoong?”

Taeyeon and Yuri fell silent for a moment. Sooyoung is right, Yuri and Jessica’s relationship won’t be smooth sailing if there’s a vengeful, very angry deity on the loose and hunting Yuri. Jessica will always be in constant danger, not to mention the devil is also still on the loose.

Taeyeon snaps her fingers. “How about we ask the devil. I mean he was the one who gave him powers right?”

“We can” Sooyoung answers. “But he’s not really easy to find. And he’s not like me, he doesn’t show up with a snap of Yuri’s fingers”

 

»

 

Taeyeon sighs then lean her back on the grass looking up the cloudless sky. This past week is nothing but stressful for her. There was a problem with the company, Yuri is a miserable immortal who frequently wants ice cream, Sooyoung likes to tease Yuri so the two would end up in a friendly brawl which results to big holes in her mansion –one is almost thousand years old and the other is over thousand and yet they’re both childish– and then there’s finals. Though Taeyeon knows Sooyoung was only doing that to get Yuri’s mind out of Jessica for a moment but still, big holes in her mansion is hard to fix –hard to explain and fix. Taeyeon is being a caretaker for a childish immortal and deity, being a student, and being an entrepreneur all at the same time. Who wouldn’t be stressed right? So this trip to the park is a little breather for her. The silence and calmness will soon be replace by loud bickering and endless explosion as soon as she goes home, so might as well treasure the moment while it last.

“You look dead tired”

Taeyeon smiles. She doesn’t nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter