Immortal vs Deity

Forever With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri arched her brows when Taeyeon’s car halts in front of her. The passenger side window rolls down, Sooyoung’s head popped out. “Sooyoung?”

“Get in, Yuri. We’re going somewhere”

Yuri didn’t say a word and just entered the car. Sooyoung’s tone is serious, far from her friendly approach and it troubled Yuri. They drove in silence, the only thing they could hear was the car’s AC. Many questions flooded Yuri’s brain. Where are they going? Why suddenly go for a road trip?

“Yuri” Yuri stops thinking when she heard Sooyoung calling her. “Remember when I told you I wasn’t the real enemy?”

Yuri doesn’t know why but Sooyoung’s question troubled her. Was there another enemy aside from the devil?

 

 

 

“Jaejoong”

Sooyoung’s head snaps at their direction when she heard his name. “Sunny!”

Sunny looks back. Sooyoung’s panic-stricken face was the last thing she saw before she lost consciousness. Sooyoung immediately created a shield separating Sunny from Jaejoong. Then with a flick of her fingers, Sunny is in her arms. She looks up and Jaejoong was no longer in sight.

Sooyoung hissed in pain then in a blink of an eyes; she’s inside Sunny’s room. She was still in pain but she manages to put Sunny on her bed. Sooyoung looks down, a shard of glass is sticking out from her abdomen.

 

 

 

“That bastard pierced me!” Sooyoung gritted her teeth as she hits the dashboard leaving an obvious dent.

“He was able to hurt you?” Yuri asks.

Sooyoung nods her head. She got hurt but it was all good now, the wound immediately closed up. She got what Yuri meant. “It means he’s a deity just like me”

And that confirmation from Sooyoung worries Yuri. This is a big problem. Deity has all the powers and abilities they need to harm humans if theywant to. And Jaejoong is an angry deity.

Sooyoung opens her palms; 3 colorful butterlies appeared on top of her palms. “Protect them” she opens the widow to let the butterflies go. “I’ll feel it when there’s threat near them”

“Taeyeon!” Yuri screams.

Taeyeon immediately hit the brakes then pull the steering wheel causing the vehicle to skid then flip to the side.

“Sooyoung!!”

Sooyoung got what Yuri meant, she held Taeyeon’s shoulder then they vanish before the vehicle landed in an upside down manner. Taeyeon and Sooyoung are now standing feet away from the toppled over vehicle.

“Yuri!” Taeyeon was about to rush to the car but was stopped by Sooyoung. She turn to their deity friend. “Do something!”

“I’m trying!” Sooyoung furrows her brows. She can’t seem to teleport back inside the car. “I can’t! The car is bewitched!”

Taeyeon grits her teeth. She can’t believe she’s just watching while the car slowly burns with Yuri in it. “The car will explode!”

Sooyoung tries again but like the first time, she fails. “Come on Yuri” she mumbles. “Come on”

“Yuri!” Taeyeon screams in frustration. “YURI!”

The backseat door harshly opens; Yuri immediately crawl out from the burning vehicle. Taeyeon and Sooyoung let go of the breath they didn’t know they were holding. Yuri was already in a safe distance before the car exploded but she did feel some impact throwing her couple of steps forwards causing her to kiss the ground. Yuri grunts.

“Yuri look out!”

Yuri moves to the side just in time to escape the scythe from piercing her skull; her father’s sword magically appears in her hand. “Sooyoung” she nods her head silently thanking Sooyoung for her fast thinking.

Yuri used the sword to defend herself from Jeajoong’s scythe. Yuri was in defensive mode since the last time she held a sword was 900 years ago; she’s still taking her sweet time getting used to the feeling. The scythe and the sword clashes. Jaejoong and Yuri’s strength matches, neither wants to back down. They both push each other back giving them enough distance.

“Nice to see you again, Yuri”

Yuri straightens herself. The last time she saw Jaejoong was during the engagement announcement –900 years ago. He didn’t age, not one bit. He still looks the same as the last time.

“Pretty cool huh. Not aging, having abilities, not dying”

Who would want to live forever? Who would want to see their family, their friends and loved ones die while they stay the same?

“Did you also sold your soul to Sooyoung?”

“God no!” Jaejoong smirks. “I went to the source itself”

 

 

 

“I’d like to buy that one” Jaejoong picked the most colorful and beautiful beaded bracelet. He smiles when the lady gave the bracelet to him. “Sooyeon will surely love this”

“You might have her physically but you will never have her heart”

Those words caught Jaejoong’s attention. He frowns then approach the old lady. He chuckles. “Fortune teller ha? How can you tell the future when you can’t even see?”

The blind old lady turn to where Jaejoong is standing, she smiles. “I may not be able to see the present, young master. But I assure you, my abilities can see further than my eyes”

“Oh yea?” Jaejoong challenges. “The thing you said earlier, was that you prediction for me?”

The lady nods her head. “The beautiful lady you like so much is already destined to someone else. They might not end up together in this lifetime but their soul will eventually find their way towards each other; and no one can stop it. Not even you”

“What a nonsense” Jaejoong chuckles. “Lady in this world there is no such thing as destiny because we make our own. Whether by hook or by crook, we get it as long as we earned it”

“We make our own destiny” the lady repeats. “You may be right, young master. But mark my words you will seek for me when lady Sooyeon didn’t make it to your wedding day”

Jaejoong grits his teeth, how did this blind lady knew Sooyeon is the one he’s marrying? Because it’s the talk of the town –Jaejoong convinced himself. That’s right! Ever since the announcement it became a huge gossip maybe that’s how this lady found out about it.

“Jaejoong”

“Yoochun”

Yoochun approach his friend. “I’ve been looking everywhere for you” he turns to the lady. “Fortune teller? I thought you don’t believe in that?”

“I don’t. I was just passing by. Let’s go”

Jaejoong and Yoochun walks away from the blind lady but Jaejoong had to look back. He saw the lady bowing to him like she can see him. He quickly shakes his head. That was just his imagination –he convince himself.

 

»

 

Jeajoong hurriedly went to the stables then hop on his trusted steed. He doesn’t know what to feel, if this is Emperor Jung’s way of shaming their family then he’s not taking it. He wanted to see it himself. Jeajoong burst thru the door but immediately stop on his tracks when he saw the emperors kneeling, crying, and holding Sooyeon’s hand.

Sooyeon lay on the bed. She looks like she was just sleeping but the paleness of her lips tells Jeajoong something else. His heart constricts at the sight and it finally dawned into him. Sooyeon is already dead, she’s already gone. Tears starts to spill from his eyes. Was it his fault? Jaejoong swallowed the lump on his throat and slowly walk out from the room.

Jeajoong walk aimlessly around town, still in the process of accepting Sooyeon’s death. His feet took him to the place where he bought the beaded bracelet. He reached inside his pocket the bracelet was still here. He planned to give it to Sooyeon on their wedding day but it seems that it won’t happen now.

“Young master” the merchant recognized him. He bows then smile wide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter