Chapter 2

Forevermore

“I’m sorry, I really don’t know you.” Seungcheol told Jeonghan. 

“I-It’s okay...sorry for holding you back. You can go.” Jeonghan smiled at Seungcheol sadly. As much as he wanted Seungcheol to stay, he had to let the man get back to work. Seungcheol nodded despite the confusion he was feeling. He let his legs walk him to the lift and got inside without a second glance at Jeonghan. 

Seungcheol...what happened to you? How could you forget me? Jeonghan felt his life crumbling right in front of him again, just like it had done 10 years ago when Seungcheol left him. He put his attention on the forgotten present from Mingyu and opened it. Inside was a figurine of an angel. 

“For the angel in my life.” A note came with it. 

“Thanks for the present, I really liked it. But you don’t have to do that, I’ll feel bad.” He texted Mingyu back. Mingyu just replied with a smiley face. 

************* 

“Jihoon, do you know someone called Jeonghan?” Jihoon’s head jerked up at the mention of that name, but he kept calm. 

“Why?” 

“I met him when I was delivering a parcel to him today. He hugged me and said I finally came back. What did he mean? And how did he know my name?” Seungcheol asked his roommate. 

“Huh...that’s weird. I don’t think I know anyone by the name of Jeonghan. Maybe he was just crazy.” Jihoon said bluntly. “And you can always see the name of the deliveryman when they’re delivering something, especially online.” 

Seungcheol nodded his head, Jihoon’s explanation made sense to him. Jihoon texted a number he hadn’t texted in ages. 

“Is this Jeonghan?” 

“Yes. Who are you?” 

“It’s Jihoon. What did you say to Seungcheol today?” 

“How did you know I met him?” 

“I’m his roommate. Don’t worry, I stopped his suspicions for a while, at least.” 

“What? How did I not know about this? You’ve known where he’s been all these years and you never told me?!” 

“I can explain. Meet me at the old spot in an hour.” 

“Fine. You better have a good explanation for this.” Jeonghan was evidently pissed. Jihoon, his old friend, had known where Seungcheol had been and never told him a single thing. 

He met with Jihoon at their old spot, also known as a basketball court. He hadn’t seen Jihoon in so long. The boy still seemed to be as short as he was the last time Jeonghan had met him, but of course he would never say that out loud. Jihoon would murder him. 

“Well?” Jeonghan got straight to the point. He couldn’t spare any time. 

“So...Seungcheol doesn’t remember you.” 

“Yeah, I figured.” Jeonghan looked at Jihoon pointedly. 

“Don’t look at me like that. I’m trying to help here.” Jihoon sent a equally as murderous look back at Jeonghan. Jeonghan rubbed a hand over his face. He hadn’t meant to come off as rude, he was just desperate to know why Seungcheol didn’t remember him. 

“Sorry. I’m just-desperate.” Jihoon shook his head and continued. 

“He doesn’t remember you because...he’s a vampire.” 

“WHAT?!” Jeonghan almost shouted. How could Seungcheol be a vampire? “You better tell me the truth, Lee Jihoon.” 

“It’s the truth! I don’t know how either, but he just came back and told me about it one day, and I just accepted it. Anyway, he locked up all the memories of you and threw the key away. He knew that he would outlive you, since he was a vampire. He didn’t want you to grieve for him. He thought it would be better if he just left and never returned. Before he did that, he begged me not to tell you anything. Right now, he remembers his whole life, but without you inside it. He thinks he’s been single his whole life. And you’re the only one who can unlock that lock.” Jihoon let his words sink in. 

Jeonghan’s face was expressionless, and he stood up and walked away without another word. 

 

 

A/N: hello~ so um yeah plot twist! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! Also thank you for subscribing! <3