Chapter 9

Forevermore

Jihoon insisted on sleeping over at Jeonghan’s place, just in case he got scared. Even though he had tried to convince Jihoon to go back home, the shorter man was stubborn and just wouldn’t listen. 

“Thank you for doing this.” Jeonghan whispered to him. Jihoon just nodded and smiled at him, pushing him towards his bedroom. Jihoon was sleeping on the couch. He didn’t really mind it that much, as long as he was there for Jeonghan when he needed it. 

The next morning Jihoon woke up with his back aching. Jeonghan was nowhere to be seen, probably still sleeping. A quick look in his room told Jihoon that his guess was correct. Jeonghan looked so breathtakingly beautiful when he was asleep, Jihoon couldn’t stop himself from thinking that. 

Jihoon tried his best to prepare a decent breakfast. To his surprise, it turned out better than he had expected. At least he hadn’t burnt anything. Jeonghan had woken up by then and had insisted on helping him. 

As they were eating, Jeonghan suddenly remembered that Jihoon had been sitting on his doorstep waiting for him. Surely it was for something important? He suddenly felt bad for only caring about his own problems. 

“Why were you sitting on my doorstep yesterday?” 

“Oh. This is your school, isn’t it?” He showed Jeonghan a picture of his school. Jeonghan nodded his head. “Well, I have a friend that’s going to your school. He’s joining next week. I wanted to ask a favour from you.” Jeonghan nodded, encouraging the younger to speak. “I wanted to ask you to help me take care of him. You don’t have to stick around him all the time, just make sure he doesn’t get lost and doesn’t get bullied.” 

“Sure, I’ll try my best.” 

“His name is Seungkwan. He’s a really happy boy, but I’m worried that he won’t be able to adjust to the new environment. After all, he moved from Jeju to Seoul in a really short time to train to be a singer.” Jihoon showed a photo of a smiling boy with chubby cheeks. 

Jeonghan smiled. Something about Seungkwan’s smile made him want to smile too. It was like the boy was pratically radiating happiness through the photo. 

__________________________________________ 

“Seungkwan?” Jeonghan tapped a boy on the shoulder. He looked lost, and jerked at Jeonghan’s touch. Jeonghan had recognised him from the picture Jihoon had shown him a few days ago. 

“H-how did you know my name?” 

“You’re Jihoon’s friend, aren’t you? I’m Jeonghan. Yoon Jeonghan. Jihoon told me you were coming to my school and told me to help you.” Jeonghan smiled comfortingly at the new student. His shoulders fell back down and he nodded. 

“Thank you. I’m lost, do you think you could help me find my class? This place is so huge compared to my old school at Jeju.” He told Jeonghan his class. 

“You’re in my class, great! Come on, I’ll bring you there.” Jeonghan beamed at Seungkwan and gestured for him to follow him. Along the way, Seungkwan started talking about how he had moved from Jeju and his dream to become a singer. Jeonghan had barely known him for a few minutes, yet he could already tell that he liked Seungkwan. He was fun to be around, and his silly jokes were really funny. 

Jeonghan led Seungkwan inside the classroom. Their teacher was already at the desk. Taking this opportunity, Jeonghan explained Seungkwan’s presence and asked to be seated next to Seungkwan. Part of it was because he really didn’t want to sit next to Mingyu anymore, especially after what had happened. The other part was that he wanted to know Seungkwan better. 

Jeonghan thanked the teacher and sat down beside Seungkwan at an empty desk. Mingyu stared and stared at him, but Jeonghan pretended not to notice and continued talking to Seungkwan. Mingyu was seething. Who was this new kid? How could he talk to Jeonghan while he couldn’t? Jeonghan was his, and his only. He clenched his fist on the table as he continued staring at the duo. Jeonghan laughed at something the new boy said, his face lighting up. 

Jeonghan was ignoring him, but did he have to replace Mingyu so soon? It showed how little Jeonghan cared for him, even though Mingyu had given up so much for him. He was hurt. Sure, he was angry as well, but he was hurt more than anything. Did Jeonghan not notice how much this affected him? Or was he just pretending not to notice? He wanted to look away, but he just couldn’t tear his gaze away from Jeonghan. 

 

 

A/N: I AM BACK!! don’t worry guys i didn’t die! sorry for being gone so long eesh it’s been like what? 2 weeks? really sorry about that, my results were pretty much ty:) but it’s over, i can’t really do much about it now. thank you for being patient and bearing with this long wait, i hope this chapter kind of makes up for it<3