Chapter 21

Forevermore

“Will you be my boyfriend?” 

“Sorry, I don’t know you,”  

“Give me a second chance,”  

“I love you, Jeonghan,” 

It’s like his life is flashing right in front of him. All the times he spent with Seungcheol, every memory they created together. 

“Han,” A familiar deep voice pulls him back to reality. He slowly blinks his eyes open, only to see Seungcheol’s face close to his. “Thank God you woke up,” He lets out a sigh of relief. Only now does Jeonghan realise he’s lying down on a bed. Seungcheol must have carried him here while he was passed out. “Do you feel okay? Does anything feel different?” 

“My neck stings a little, I feel...stronger?” Jeonghan his head, unsure of this newfound strength. 

“That’s normal. Vampires are much stronger than normal human beings. The stinging will go away soon, so don’t worry too much,” Seungcheol nods and explains. 

“So that’s how you always carried me so easily!” The younger exclaims. “I thought I was just super light!” 

“Actually, you are super light. In fact, I’m pretty sure you’re underweight. I don’t have to be a vampire to know that,” Seungcheol points out. “I almost lost you. I was so scared that I...accidentally killed you. You didn’t wake up for a good ten minutes, I was panicking so much,” 

“So...my life flashing before my eyes wasn’t normal?” 

“What? You saw your life flashing before your eyes?!” 

“Yeah...I saw you and everything you said to me...then I heard your voice and I woke up,” Jeonghan explains. 

“You...” Seungcheol trails off. He’s too shocked by Jeonghan’s words to react. “If you saw your life flashing before you woke up, that means you...died...” His face pales at the thought. “Jeonghan, you came back to life! You died and you came back to life!” 

“But that’s...impossible...this sounds too much like those dramas on the television to be real,” He breathes out a shallow breath. Even though he says it’s impossible, he knows it’s true. He knows that he did, in fact, come back to life. Seungcheol is texting Jihoon and Seungkwan on his phone, telling them the good news. 

“Jeonghan...we can finally be together,” Seungcheol puts his forehead to Jeonghan’s, his face so close to the younger’s that Jeonghan can feel his warm breath. 

Jeonghan smiles, closing the distance between their lips, sealing the unspoken promise to be together forever. 

 

 

And just like he predicted, everything is alright. With Seungcheol, everything is alright. Forever. 

 

 

One Month Later

“Han-ah,” Seungcheol shakes his shoulders lightly. 

“Mnngghhh?” He rolls over so he can sleep more. A quick glance at the clock tells him that it’s only 9 in the morning. It’s pretty late for someone like Seungcheol, but to Jeonghan, it’s as early as 5 in the morning. 

“Wake up. You said we were gonna have a movie marathon today,” He shakes his shoulders again. “You can’t go back on your promise,” 

“The movie marathon only starts when I say it starts...and I say it starts at 1pm,” The younger covers himself with the blanket. Winter has come, and that’s the best time to sleep in. Jeonghan finds it best to stay in bed with a warm cup of milk all day during winter days. There’s just something so comforting about a warm place when it’s so cold outside. 

“Hmph. Looks like I have to use plan B,” Seungcheol mutters to himself. His boyfriend was curled into a small ball on the bed, the blanket covering him so only his head poked out. Before Jeonghan could notice, he snapped a photo of him sleeping. Seungcheol had noticed that whenever Jeonghan was sleeping, he tended to curl himself up to make himself as tiny as possible. This was one of the cutest things about him. 

Without warning, Seungcheol turned Jeonghan over and crawled on top of him. He had found this trick to be particularly useful when he needed to wake the younger up, seeing as he always got flustered when Seungcheol did this. 

“What are you doing? Get off me...” He complained as he tried to shield his eyes from the sunlight. 

“I’m waking you up, you idiot,” 

“Hey! That’s not a nice thing to call your boyfriend!” Jeonghan gave up trying to sleep again. Fighting against Seungcheol in times like this was always a win-lose situation, and he wasn’t the winning one. Jeonghan flips both of them over so that Seungcheol is below him now. “Don’t forget...I’m as strong as you are now,” He grins, his eyes twinkling with mischief. 

“Haven’t you learnt? Never let your guard down,” Seungcheol smirks, and as Jeonghan is left trying to figure out what he meant by that, he flips them over again. 

“Maybe I did it on purpose, then,” The younger leans upwards, their lips barely brushing against each other. Before Seungcheol can find the chance to kiss him back, he’s whipped off the older’s shirt skilfully. 

“Hannie...it’s 9 in the morning. On a winter day,” Seungcheol pouts childishly, shivering from the cold. 

“You started it, I’m just finishing what you started,” Jeonghan smirks. Somehow without Seungcheol noticing, he’s flipped them over again. Seungcheol stares up at his boyfriend, a blank smile plastered across his face. “What are you looking at?” 

“I was wondering how my boyfriend can be such an angel and also a devil. You’re pretty scary sometimes, you know?” 

“So I’ve been told,” He replies, pulling his own sweatshirt over his head. He leans down so they’re touching, skin to skin. The warmth of Jeonghan’s body against his is comforting, the feeling of his lips against Jeonghan’s soft ones is so familiar, yet it still makes his heart pound so fast every time. 

“You’re amazing,” Seungcheol breathes out, because the man in front of him is so breathtakingly beautiful in every single way. The way his hazel eyes sparkle whenever he talks about something he really likes, the way he laughs at even the smallest and silliest of things, Seungcheol just can’t believe he almost lost all of this. But what he really can’t believe is that this man, this perfect man right in front of him, is his forever. “I love you so much,” 

“I love you too,” The younger seems to be able to read his mind, smiling warmly at him before he removes Seungcheol’s pants in one swift motion. It amazes Seungcheol that he can do that while keeping such an innocent expression on his face. Before he’s able to say anything else, Seungcheol is smothering his words with kisses, so he gives up trying to talk and lets his hand travel further down his body. “It’s cold, isn’t it?” Jeonghan questions, his hand going lower yet. Seungcheol nods in reply, too focused on Jeonghan’s hand to say anything else. “You know...I have the perfect solution to keep warm...” He smirks. 

 

And Seungcheol knows he’s too deep in love to crawl back out again. 

 

 

 

 

“I’m happy for them,” Jihoon is determined to get over Jeonghan. There’s no point holding on to him if he doesn’t feel the same way, that would be selfish of him and would only hurt both of them. 

“I know you are, hyung. But are you okay?” Seungkwan sets himself down beside Jihoon on the bed. He’s still worried for his hyung. 

“I will be. I have to get over him, if I continue loving him, it’ll only hurt both of us,” The older says, even though he’s hurting inside. Having to leave behind all these feelings he’s had for the past few years isn’t going to be easy. He knows they might never disappear completely, he knows that he won’t ever forget that he once loved him. “I don’t mind getting hurt, but I won’t let him get hurt just because of my selfishness. As long as he’s happy, I’ll find a way to be happy too.” Jihoon smiles a small smile. 

“I think I’m going to cry,” Seungkwan sniffles from beside him. “I can introduce you to some people, if you want. Ooh, how about Soonyoung hyung? He seemed to like you the last time you met with him. He kept asking about you afterwards, he’s totally whipped for you, hyung,” 

“Thanks for the offer, Seungkwan, but I don’t think I’m ready for a relationship right now. Maybe I’ll text him some time later,” Jihoon thinks of the smiley boy he met a few weeks ago while he went out with Seungkwan. Soonyoung was Seungkwan’s friend in school. The purple haired boy always seemed to be in a good mood. He smiled and laughed at the smallest things, and he was nice and friendly too. 

“Let me know how it goes when you text him!” Seungkwan winks at Jihoon before leaving the room to escape from his hyung. Too tired to chase him, Jihoon sighs and flops face-down on the bed. 

 

 

 

A Year Later 

“Jeonghan, I need to go cook breakfast,” Seungcheol says, the younger lying beside him, nuzzling into the crook of Seungcheol’s neck. 

“Later,” Jeonghan mumbles, shifting closer to his lover’s warm body. “I wanna cuddle with you,” Seungcheol smiles down at Jeonghan, the back of his neck gently. 

“Anything you want, love.” He sighs contentedly. He would never give this up for anything in the world. 

 

 

A/N: heyy so i finally finished it!! aaa this fic has just been a roller coaster of emotions even for me :” and thank you for sticking around this fanfic even though i stopped updating regularly :( now that i look back at it i don’t actually know how i managed to update every alternate day >.< but anyways, thank you for reading, subscribing, upvoting and commenting!! it means a lot to me and i truly hope you enjoyed this as much as i enjoyed writing it :) for the people who have been around since i started this fic and are still here thank you for putting up with my irregular updating schedule T.T i love all of you so so much!!! <3