Chapter 4

Forevermore

Seungcheol’s head spins again. It had been occurring for the past few days. Flashes of that man. Jeonghan. He saw scenes of himself and Jeonghan. Of them holding hands. Of them kissing. Seungcheol put a hand over his lips. Did he really...? He had thought he had been single his whole life. But he didn’t remember anything. Every time it seemed to float up in his mind, the moment he tried to grasp it, it disappeared.  

The occassional flashes were his only clue to finding out what exactly he didn’t remember. Jeonghan had seemed so happy to meet him that day, Seungcheol was intent on finding out what his relationship was with that beautiful brown-haired man. He couldn’t ask Jihoon, since Jihoon didn’t know him. Unless... 

************

Jeonghan got up from his seat at the table upon hearing the bell ring. He opened the door slightly, stumbling a little. He knew he needed rest. But exams were coming soon, he couldn’t afford to fail. 

“Jeonghan-shi?” A deep voice asked. The same deep voice Jeonghan had heard just a few days ago. Choi Seungcheol. His last thought was Choi Seungcheol, before his body fell forward. 

“Jeonghan-shi!” Seungcheol called out in surprise as Jeonghan’s body collapsed towards him. Without thinking much, he stretched out his arms to catch the limp body. He opened the door fully and let himself in, carrying Jeonghan bridal-style. Jeonghan was light. Way too light. Seungcheol knew he was skinny, and possibly underweight, but he never expected Jeonghan to be this weak.

Seungcheol laid Jeonghan’s body on his bed before going to the kitchen to look for a cloth. There was none, so he had no choice but to tear off a piece of his shirt to use as a cloth. He soaked it in warm water and brought it to Jeonghan. The man’s perfect face was pale, but he still managed to look attractive. 

Stop it, Choi Seungcheol! Seungcheol mentally slapped himself for thinking of Jeonghan that way. He barely even knew him, for God’s sake! Placing the cloth on Jeonghan’s forehead, he sighed softly. He had come here expecting an answer to his questions, but instead he was greeted with an unconscious Jeonghan. He didn’t mind taking care of the younger, though. 

He traced Jeonghan’s jawline gently, a smile tugging at the sides of his mouth.  his beautiful features, Seungcheol brushed Jeonghan’s brown locks back. 

“S-Seungcheol?” Seungcheol jerked up at the sound of Jeonghan murmuring his name. 

“AH!” He half-shouted, causing Jeonghan to wince. “I-I mean-sorry.” He apologised quickly, looking at anywhere but Jeonghan. He could feel his face heating up. Crap. He had let his guard down. Jeonghan had seen his face so close to his own, felt his rough hands touching his face. 

“It’s okay.” Jeonghan smiled a little, his lips dry. 

“I-I’ll get you some water.” Seungcheol stuttered, making an excuse to leave the room. He didn’t even wait for a reply before he ran out of the room. Jeonghan shook his head slightly, laughing at the flustered Seungcheol. He hadn’t expected himself to actually pass out so suddenly. Neither did he expect to see Seungcheol’s face just inches away from his the moment he woke up. And Seungcheol’s hands touching his jawline. 

Seungcheol came back holding a cup of water, his face still a little red. 

“H-here you go.” He handed Jeonghan the cup but realised afterwards that Jeonghan was too weak to hold it. “Sorry.” He mumbled. He brought the cup to Jeonghan’s lips and poured some water into his mouth. 

“Thanks.” Jeonghan smiled again. “Why are you here, anyway?” 

“Oh. Well, I’ve been getting...flashes.” Seungcheol said slowly. He didn’t know what he was getting himself into, but it was better to be safe than sorry. Jeonghan nodded, signalling for him to continue. “Flashes of...you and me.” Jeonghan’s eyes widened. Did Seungcheol remember him? Finally? 

“What did you see?” He asked, trying his best to look calm. He couldn’t reveal himself, as much as he wanted to. 

“I saw...us holding hands.” At this, Seungcheol looked away and blushed. Jeonghan’s breath quickened. . Where was Jihoon when he needed him? He didn’t know how to give Seungcheol an explanation without revealing himself. 

“And...kissing.” Well. . 

 

 

A/N: hello~ so exams are coming so i probably wont be able to update that often or even not at all for the next week or so, i hope yall understand! (Exams are literally tomorrow and i havent started revising at all im ed) thank you for all the support on this fanfic!