Chapter 13

Forevermore

"Jeonghan-hyung-I-know-you-don't-feel-the-same-way-but-I've-liked-you-for-the-past-five-years-you-don't-have-to-like-me-back-but-I-just-needed-to-tell-you-before-I-regret-anything-I-know-you-only-love-Seungcheol-hyung-I'll-leave-now-goodbye-see-you-later." Jihoon said in one breath and quickly rushed away. He could feel his face heating up already. 

"Wait! Jihoon!" Jeonghan shouted after he got over the shock. Jihoon ignored him and continued speed-walking, desperate to get to somewhere that wasn't near Jeonghan. Maybe it had been a bad idea to confess. Who was he kidding? It was the worst idea he had ever had! It was worse than all his failed attempts at composing songs. The next time he saw Jeonghan, it was definitely going to be awkward. He had probably just ruined their friendship, hadn't he? Jihoon smacked his face, cursing at himself for being such an idiot. Someone's hand grabbed his arm from behind. 

"Jihoon!" Crap. He was so busy blaming himself that he had unconciously slowed down his steps. Great. Now Jeonghan had him, and he knew the older wouldn't leave until he was sure there weren’t any hard feelings between them. That was Jeonghan for you, always caring about others but never himself. 

“I’m sorry Jiho-“ Jeonghan started to say, but he didn’t get to finish his sentence before his body collapsed towards Jihoon. 

“Jeonghan-hyung!” Jihoon struggled with Jeonghan’s unconscious body on his. Hurriedly, he called for an ambulance to send Jeonghan to the hospital. 

___________________________________________ 

“Hello? Jihoon?” Seungcheol answered the call. 

“Seungcheol-hyung! You...hospital...Jeonghan-hyung!” Jihoon’s voice said through the phone. 

“What? What hospital? What are you talking about?” Seungcheol had never heard Jihoon this panicked before. 

“Jeonghan-hyung fainted. He’s in the hospital now, please hurry here, I’m worried!” Jihoon rephrased his previous sentence. 

“What?! I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” Seungcheol hung up and ran to his car. Crap, he should have known Jeonghan was already weak. He should have taken care of him. Since he had quit his job as a deliveryman, he had found a new passion for rapping. Soon, he and Jihoon were supposed to work together for a new song. 

“Jeonghan!” Seungcheol rushed into the ward. Jihoon was already at his bedside, clearly still shocked. 

“Cheol.” Jeonghan breathed out weakly, smiling a weak smile. Seungcheol hated how he still smiled when he was in pain. He wouldn’t let anyone worry for him. 

“Are you okay now?” The older brushed Jeonghan’s hair back gently. 

“I’m fine now.” He smiled again to reassure Seungcheol. Seungcheol wanted to tell him, he didn’t have to smile if it hurt. But he wouldn’t. So he smiled back. 

“Thank...you Jihoon...” Jeonghan managed to say. For a moment, just a moment, Jihoon thought he saw something special for him in Jeonghan’s smile. He mentally slapped himself for being stupid. There was no way Jeonghan liked him. He offered his hyung a small smile instead. 

“When am I discharged? The longer I stay here, the more expensive the hospital fees are going to be.” 

“The doctor said you can be discharged today.” Jihoon answered. 

“Don’t worry about the fees. I’ll take care of it.” Seungcheol offered. “No buts.” He added. Jeonghan sighed, defeated. 

“Thank you.” It was the least he could do, after what Seungcheol had done for him. 

___________________________________________

Jeonghan rubbed his temples and checked the clock. 1 am. He flipped his book close, deciding that he had studied enough for today. He sighed for what felt like the thousandth time. Seungcheol still wasn’t back yet. He was probably still at the studio recording for Jihoon’s new song. 

___________________________________________

Seungcheol opened the door quietly, not wanting to wake Jeonghan up. Flipping the light switch, he almost screamed in fear. 

“Jeonghan!” He crouched down beside his boyfriend, his breath quickening immediately. “Han-ah! Wake up.” He tried shaking his shoulder, maybe he was just asleep. But why would he be sleeping in the middle of the corridor? He got no response from the younger. 

“Dammit, Jeonghan! I freaking told you to rest!” He cursed under his breath before carrying Jeonghan to his car. They would have to make another trip to the hospital after only a week. Seungcheol wanted to slap himself. He knew Jeonghan was still weak, how could he leave him alone at home and return so late? 

___________________________________________

“He’ll be fine after a few days of rest, but he shouldn’t move around too much. He’s very weak.” The doctor told Seungcheol. 

“Thank you.” Seungcheol nodded and thanked the doctor. “I told you to rest.” He turned back after the doctor had gone and crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes at Jeonghan. 

“I-I was studying. I didn’t know this would happen. I thought I had recovered already.” 

“You thought wrong. What part of rest do you not understand, Yoon Jeonghan? Is it that hard to lie in bed and sleep? Huh?!” Seungcheol’s voice rose steadily. Jeonghan flinched, whimpering in fear. He didn’t think he had ever seen Seungcheol this angry before. 

“I-I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have shouted at you.” Seungcheol’s eyes softened.  He sighed and sat down on the chair beside the bed. “I was just worried.” He placed a gentle kiss on Jeonghan’s forehead. 

“I know.” The younger looked up at him and smiled the smile that Seungcheol had fallen so hard for. “Why are you crying?” Jeonghan reached up and wiped Seungcheol’s tears away. 

“Because my boyfriend’s an angel and I love him so much.” 

 

 

A/N: sorry this chapter took so long it’s a little bit longer at least :3 hope yall liked it:) thank you for reading<3