Chapter 8

Forevermore

With his last ounce of strength left, Jeonghan pushed Mingyu off of him and onto the floor. Mingyu was crazy, he was sure of it. Still teary-eyed, Jeonghan quickly gathered his clothes and put them back on. Mingyu watched from the floor, not moving an inch.  

He eyed Mingyu warily as he stepped back towards the door. He was almost there. As long as Mingyu didn’t suddenly move, he was safe. Except Jeonghan knew, he was never safe. 

As soon as he was out of the door, he sprinted back home. The wind dried his tears, his eyes were starting to hurt, and he was panting for breath due to his weak stamina, but he didn’t stop. He wasn’t safe until he was home. 

He didn’t expect to find Jihoon sitting on his doorstep. 

“Jihoon?” That was all he could manage, he was so out of breath. 

“Dude, what happened? Why are you panting so hard?” Jihoon stood up and put an arm around Jeonghan. He was the only thing stopping Jeonghan from collapsing from exhaustion. Jeonghan took out his keys and slotted them into the keyhole, letting the both of them in. Jihoon stumbled under the weight of the taller man, but he managed to flop Jeonghan down on the couch before sitting down himself. 

Jeonghan bit his lip again. A single tear fell from his eye. Jihoon’s eyes widened in surprise. 

“Hey, you okay? Why are you crying?” Jihoon pulled Jeonghan closer to him, and the older leaned into his embrace, sobbing quietly. Jihoon let him cry, he would speak when he was ready. 

“Mingyu...he-“ Jeonghan sniffled. He was too embarrassed to tell Jihoon the truth. 

“What did he do?” Jihoon narrowed his eyes. Something that would make Jeonghan cry was something big. The older almost never cried. 

“He...assaulted me.” 

“What?! How?!” Jihoon let out a growl of anger. Anyone who dared to hurt Jeonghan was asking for a beating. Jihoon could pretty much guess why Jeonghan was crying so badly. 

“He you, didn’t he?!” Jihoon muttered. Jeonghan could only nod his head. “That bastard. I’m going to murder him and he’s gonna wish he had never laid a hand on you.” Jihoon cursed as he held Jeonghan in his arms. 

How dare he touch Jeonghan. Jihoon made a mental note to track down Mingyu and beat him to a pulp. For all he knew, Mingyu was a phsycopath, but that wasn’t going to stop him from murdering that guy. 

Jihoon patted Jeonghan’s back lightly, letting the man cry into his chest. He offered no words of comfort because he knew words wouldn’t make anything better. People might think he’s cold because of that, but he just expressed his concern in a different way. 

Jeonghan finally pulled back, his eyes red and his face streaked with tears. He still looks ethereal, Jihoon thought. He handed Jeonghan a few tissues to wipe away his tears. 

“I’m sorry.” He sniffled. He had probably made himself a fool in front of Jihoon. 

“Don’t be. It’s not your fault. It’s that bastard’s.” Jihoon said softly. He patted Jeonghan’s hair down and smiled a little. 

 

 

A/N: hello~ i didn’t have school today so i decided to update, hopefully the chapter isn’t that bad hehe. Thank you so much for upvoting and reading<3