Chapter 20

Forevermore

“Jeonghan-ah. Wake up,” Jeonghan wakes up to the sound of Seungcheol’s voice next to him. I guess I did fall asleep after all. He squints at the clock; it’s already 1pm. He’s left with 6 and a half days to live. Jeonghan closes his eyes again, wanting to sleep the rest of the day away. If he does that, he won’t need to think about anything. The older is lying next to him, his arms wrapped around Jeonghan’s torso.

“We forgot to tell you last night, but Jihoon and Seungkwan have gone home already, so I’ll tell you instead,” Jeonghan barely nods, already falling back to sleep. 

“You won’t die,” Seungcheol starts, expecting to see a reaction. 

“Sure.” Jeonghan says easily, yawning. “Let me go back to sleep, even dreams are much easier to believe in than your words,” His eyes flutter shut. 

“Jeonghan, I meant it. You’re not going to die. I can save you,” 

“And how do you plan to do that?” Jeonghan asks, clearly bored of this conversation. He hates talking about his death. Sure, he pretends it’s alright, but it kills him a little inside every time the word death is brought up. 

“I’m a vampire, you do realise that, right?” Seungcheol states, lips pulling downwards slightly. 

“Yeah, so?” Jeonghan didn’t care if he was being stupid or ignorant, he was too lazy to think right now. 

“So...I can save you!” The older smiles his gummy smile that Jeonghan has come to love, then his brows furrow and his smile falters. “But I might have to...uhh...bite you,” He says sheepishly. 

“Might is the wrong word, don’t you mean have to?” Jeonghan finally turns around so he’s facing Seungcheol. “But if it means I’ll stay by your side forever, I’d gladly take this small sacrifice,” His breathes out gently, features softening as he Seungcheol’s brown hair. 

“It’s a full moon in 2 days. Until then, just sleep, alright? I’ll take care of everything,” Seungcheol takes Jeonghan’s hand in his and places a chaste kiss on it. “You can go back to sleep now.” He ruffles Jeonghan’s brown locks fondly and kisses the younger’s forehead, pulling Jeonghan into his warm embrace where he’s safe from the cruelty of reality. Seungcheol’s arms are the only place where Jeonghan feels safe. He knows Seungcheol would hold him even in the worst of situations, even when they’re in danger, even to death. He would protect him even if boulders fell on his shoulders, even if they were falling so far down they wouldn’t be able to climb back up, Seungcheol would give Jeonghan his shoulders to step on so he could climb back up. 

“I can’t believe you woke me up to tell me this,” Jeonghan huffs, but nuzzles his head into the crook of Seungcheol’s neck anyways. He inhales the familiar scent of his lover, Seungcheol always smelt like vanilla with a hint of mint, it was comforting, to say the least. 

“Sorry, it was important,” Seungcheol chuckles lightly, still running his fingers through Jeonghan’s hair gently. 

They drift back to sleep, their limbs entwined, fitting into each other’s embraces perfectly. 

2 Days Later 

Jeonghan wakes up, feeling refreshed for the first time in a while now. The day he’s been waiting for has finally come. Today decides whether he’s going to live or not. Jihoon and Seungkwan wanted to come, but Jeonghan stopped them. In case anything goes wrong, he doesn’t want them to see it. He still has 10 hours, so he stays in bed biding his time away by using his phone and reading, eyes occasionally flicking to the clock. He hates how he’s counting down, how he wakes up every day feeling even weaker than the previous day. Seungcheol comes in to give him food and cuddles up beside him. 

 

 

 

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Seungcheol asks Jeonghan. It’s almost 11 at night, when the moon is shining is brightest. Jeonghan’s stomach is twisted in knots, but he nods determinedly. 

“It won’t hurt too bad, right?” Although there are many more questions in his head, this is what’s really been bothering him. He can’t tolerate pain very well, so he doesn’t actually know how he managed to live through the past few weeks. It probably helped that he slept for half the day. 

“It’ll sting for a little while, but it’ll fade eventually. Just bear with it and you’ll be fine,” Seungcheol smiles reassuringly at the younger, even though he’s just as anxious as him. He can see the fear in Jeonghan’s hazel eyes, the worry written across his sickly face. The younger’s hands are trembling slightly as he wills himself to calm down. There’s nothing to be afraid of, it’s just Seungcheol. Everything will still be the same afterwards. Seungcheol takes his hands in his and presses his plump lips onto Jeonghan’s forehead, his thumb drawing circles on his hand. 

The small gesture has a surprisingly calming effect on Jeonghan, and he soon finds his breathing steady again. 

“Are you ready?” The older asks, eyes searching Jeonghan’s for an answer. No. I’ll never be ready. But he forces a smile even though his heart is racing. 

“I’m ready,” He says confidently, tilting his head to the side to allow Seungcheol to bite him more easily. “And Seungcheol?” 

“Hmm?” Seungcheol’s eyes bore into his, and Jeonghan finds himself lost in his dark chocolate-coloured eyes that hold everything in them. Everything that he’s even known disappears the moment he sees the vampire standing in front of him. Those eyes that have kept him afloat when he was sinking so deep, the ones that have looked at him countless times with so much love, the ones that hold the entire galaxy in them. 

“I love you,” 

“Don’t wear out the phrase, there’s still much more time to say it,” Seungcheol smiles softly, leaning in for a last kiss before he bites Jeonghan, making him a vampire for life. His soft lips move against Jeonghan’s, and they pull away reluctantly. 

Seungcheol leans down, his hands placed on Jeonghan’s shoulders firmly, mouth open as his fangs appear. 

“Last chance to back out, Jeonghan,” He warns. Of course, he wishes more than anything that Jeonghan lives, but he doesn’t want him to regret it afterwards. 

“No,” The younger states firmly. “I want to live. We’ll be together,”

 

 

“Forevermore.”

 

 

And he feels Seungcheol’s fangs piercing through his skin. And he knows, he’ll live through it all. As long as Seungcheol is there with him, he’ll be alright. 

 

 

A/N: wow i haven’t updated in more than a month i’m so sorry:((( exams were in the way but they’re over but after exams i just didn’t have the motivation to write anymore:( plus i was working on m my other fic so i’m sorry >.< hope y’all liked this chapter, though!! and don’t worry, it isn’t the end of this fic yet, i still have maybe 1 or 2 more chapters to go before this fic is finished, depending on whether you guys want a scene of jeongcheol after the whole vampire thing:) thank you for reading and subscribing!! <3