Chapter 14

Forevermore

“Ch-cheol.” Jeonghan called desperately. When he got no response, he used his last ounce of energy to call louder. Still nothing. The world around him spun wildly, and he was at the centre of it all. It felt like the world was coming down on his shoulders, and his mind was bearing the weight. His eyelids threatened to close, maybe never to open again. He felt himself slipping away, as if his soul was being out of him as he clung to the bedsheet.  

“CHEOL!” Seungcheol jumped up from the couch. Was that Jeonghan calling his name? Or was it a dream? Better to be safe than sorry, he thought. Opening Jeonghan’s door, he only saw Jeonghan sleeping peacefully. Maybe it had been a dream after all. He calmed his beating heart and went back to the couch. 

Jeonghan heard the door open. He could faintly make out Seungcheol’s figure in the darkness. He opened his mouth to call him for help, but it was like his words were swallowed by the darkness. He willed his hands to move, only to have them stay in the same position. It was like he was trapped in the same time frame over and over again, except Seungcheol was moving away from his door. 

***************

“Jeonghan?” Seungcheol peeked into the room. Jeonghan usually slept in, but never this late. He had been asleep for more than 12 hours already. “Han-ah! It’s late, wake up.” Seungcheol walked to his bed side and shook his shoulder gently. “Han.” Seungcheol moved his hand to Jeonghan’s forehead. Why was it so cold? 

“Jeonghan.” His voice was urgent, the veins on his neck becoming obvious. “Jeonghan, please wake up.” He cursed loudly before carrying Jeonghan to his car for the third time. 

*************

“He’s in a coma, but we can’t know for how long. He’s been too tired and hasn’t been resting properly.” Seungcheol nodded, trying his best to keep a calm front, but inside, he was panicking. 

“Jihoon. Please come to the hospital. Jeonghan’s been admitted again, and he’s in a coma. We don’t know how long it’ll take for him to wake up.” If he wakes up. His mind said the last sentence quietly. 

“Wait for me.” Jihoon said and hung up. As if he could go anywhere when Jeonghan was in this state. 

**************

“Where’s Jeonghan?” Seungcheol stood up slowly and led him in. Jeonghan’s thin frame lay on the bed, completely still. Jihoon’s knees almost buckled at the sight of his hyung. He looked so weak and pale. With shaking hands, he reached out to hold Jeonghan’s cold one. 

“I’m scared, Jihoon. I’m scared he won’t wake up. I’m scared he’ll blame me for not taking good care of him. What if he hates me after this?” Seungcheol’s voice trembled with each sentence. It was clear he was on the verge of breaking down. 

“Shhh...” Jihoon turned around to face Seungcheol. “He will wake up. Maybe not now, but he will. And he won’t ever blame you. He loves you, Seungcheol. Don’t worry too much, okay?” Jihoon was never one for skinship, but he could tell Seungcheol was breaking apart, so he put his arms around him. He felt Seungcheol’s head nodding on his shoulder as he sniffled. 

************ 

1 Week Later

Seungcheol rested his head in his hands. When was Jeonghan ever going to wake up? He gently placed a hand on the younger’s forehead, hoping it wouldn’t be cold, like it had been since he entered a coma. He sighed in defeat when it was cold, pulling his hand away. 

As his hand fell back to his side, a series of images flashed through his mind like a movie clip. He stumbled slightly and fell back down into his seat, the images still flashing. 

Was that...Jeonghan? Jeonghan and him? They were sitting next to each other in a classroom, laughing. 

Then, as quickly as it had appeared, it was gone again, and another image replaced it. This time, it was him standing in front of Jeonghan under a tree. 

“Will you be my boyfriend?” He heard his voice ask. But yet, he could feel something. Was it happiness? Seungcheol was sure he was watching this in a third-person view, but it was like he could feel what him and Jeonghan were feeling at the same time. He could sense the nervousness from himself, and the fear of being rejected. On the other hand, he sensed happiness from Jeonghan. He barely had time to catch Jeonghan nodding his head before it switched to another scene. 

He and Jeonghan were at the beach, with Jeonghan’s head resting on his shoulder while they watched the waves wash the sand away. 

Then it changed again. But it was different now. Now he could only see Jeonghan in his room with tears streaking down his face, his shoulders shaking violently. Was this...after he left him? Crap. He never knew it would hurt Jeonghan that much. He felt the pain and hurt, the feeling of betrayal. It was so strong that he could almost feel himself breaking apart inside, his heart filled with an unexplainable pain. Was this what Jeonghan went through? 

Just when Seungcheol thought it was over, a scene of him and Jeonghan holding hands flashed for barely a second before Seungcheol was back in the hospital seat. He stared at Jeonghan. Something was different, but he didn’t know what. 

Then Jeonghan opened his eyes. 

 

 

A/N: hello! sorry for not updating in a while:3 i was working on my verkwan fanfic so yeah:/ if you want to check it out go ahead and give it some support:) thank you for reading ilyall okay<3