Please Stay

Warmth Lies Within

The awkward atmosphere is something I don't want to last long. So I decided to brake the silence.

"Thank you for treating my hands." Is what I said to her with a warm smile. " I wasn't expecting you to come this early. You know. I had no idea when your shift ends. But you actually came on time. The food is ready, let's go and eat."

Without waiting for her response I dragged her hands a long with me to the kitchen. The table had the salad on it. I just need to take out the fish from the oven. 

While I was attempting to open the oven. This girl rushed in and took the fish out herself. "Do you expect me to let you burn yourself again?" She said while placing the fish on the table. 

I was happy that we are getting comfortable already around each other. 

"Don't worry. Normally, I am not that clumsy. It's just that the sound of the door distracted me haha." I said while laughing. 

She looked at me with guilty eyes. "I am so sorry, it was my fault after all. I see... I should have knocked the the door. I will make sure to do it next time."

Upon hearing that, I felt my heart hurting. Her words posses the feeling of an outsider. I think she took my words the wrong way.

"Mina" I said it dropping the formal addressing that I used to call her with. I looked into her with seriousness, grabbing her her attention to face me. With that, I continued my words.

"When I said I will wait for you in 'our' house, I really meant it in that way. Before my parents death, you were a part of this house and even now you still part of it. You can just continue living the way you were living as if nothing changed. You don't have to feel like you're a burden or a bother to me. We might have never knew each other. No we actually never did. But please, don't feel like you are unwanted, because I want you to stay here. And now let's go ahead and eat since I am hungry and you as well for sure after working all those hours. We can continue our talk later. " 

Just like that, I said it in a series but reassuring tone for her to know how I really meant it. I went after that to take the rice and start to look for plates. 

'where is the goddamn plates for God sake.' I couldn't find any. I was frustrated and wanted to busy myself with something else. Probably my mom changed the setup somehow. Mina saw me and suddenly I heard some giggling from her. 

I start laughing on myself for not being able to find plates in my own house. She walked and took two plates from the high cabinet where I wouldn't even be able to reach if I want. 'Short people problem...' is all what I can bame it on.

We sat down and start eating immediately upon hunger. I saw her eyes emiting light and I knew that she liked my food. But then I saw her looking around for something. I was puzzled with her action. So I decided to ask her. "Are you looking for anything? Do you need something? " She looked at me and said, "I was looking around to see if there was any ketchup left from the morning." I chuckled a a little upon hearing that. 

She looked at me confused, "why are you laughing suddenly? ".

I stopped myself, and went up to the fridge grabbing one of the ketchup that I bought today. I went and placed it beside her. "While I was doing grocery shopping, I passed by the ketchup and remembered you leaving some for me. So since I usually don't see people have such taste including myself, I assumed that you might love it so I ended up buying some." 

She giggled a little, "that's right, I love to used ketchup with almost everything. I know it's not a normal habit you usually see. Thank you though for buying me some." She smiled at me brightly. I can see her love for the ketchup clearly with my eyes. Such an interesting girl. 

------------------------------------------------------

We finished eating and Ms. Mina didn't allow me to do dishes. She's still worrying about my burn hand. The burn is not on my palm though. I could have been able to clean dishes easily.

I cleaned the table and put everything back to where it belongs. 'This is nice', I thought to myself. Living with someone is actually so much fun. You do things together and eat together. How nice that could be. It's different from the feeling of living with your parents. The thoughts you have about taking care of someone, doesn't overwhelm me with responsibility, but instead it's giving me feelings of joy.

While she's still washing dishes cause I know for sure cleaning that smell of fish from plates would be a hard job to do. Haha, that's the cost of eating delicious food. I went to the living room and opened the TV trying to look for something to watch. 

I catches a drama called Brave & Beautiful. It's actually a Turkish drama that has a very interesting plot line. If I learned anything while I was away, is that drama is not limited to one country. I was literally watching different kind of dramas and movies with different languages and cultural background. I find it so fascinating how much each and everyone presented it differently. 

This drama basically and briefly talks about a man who came back from Europe with his mother to take revenge on the man that killed his father, grandmother, grandfather and took his identity and wealth to live with no shame. But he didn't know that he will end up loving the only girl that man had in the family. This is basically the plot. So interesting right. If you see the main actors you won't help yourself but to watch it. 

Ms. Mina finished the cleaning and went to the living room and sat in the chair to my right. I think she's still not ready to even sit casually beside me. Even though she did that while treating my hand. I can't blame her though. Who would? It's only our first day living together. 

"What are you watching?" She asked me since the language is different and I am watching with English subtitles. I explained the plot to her and she seems to really like it. 

"Come sit beside me Ms. Mina so that I can explain it to you if you don't mind. It will be a little awkward for me to explain from a distance. " I smiled and patted the empty spot beside me. 

She got up excitedly in which I wasn't expecting such respond from her. Her eyes were wondering between the TV and me. Waiting patiently for my explanation. Her reaction for the scene is hilarious. I haven't seen such excitement like this since a long time. I also was enjoying the leading rule as I explained the discussions in the drama. 

We watched couple episodes and then we decided to go ready ourselves to sleep. While I was ateempting to head out of the living room, she stopped me saying that she wants to talk about something before I go up. 

I went back to the same position I was in, besides her. Then I gestured her to start the conversation. 

"Ms. Son, I wanted to let you know that I will taking my stuff tomorrow hopefully and leave the room for you. I am sorry that I am living there still when it yours. I am about to sign a contract for an apartment tomorrow. I even have all the papers ready to sign. It was kind if you to let me stay until now. But I can't be a bother to you as well. So, thank you for everything. Your family was the best thing I ever had in my life." She was about to leave her spot when I grabbed her hand softly dragging her down slowly. 

I looked at her directly and said, "could you show me please those papers for the new apartment?" She then said, "yeah sure, give me a minute. "

She went upstairs running like a child or more like something I couldn't figure yet. It looks very familiar somehow. She came back with the papers and handed it to me. 

She sat down again in the same spot like a good child scanning my movements. I bet she's curious to know what's my intention of looking at those papers. Simply I took a look at the rent and everything else. Then, after few minutes, I raised my head facing her and directly after that looked back again at those papers. And with no delay, I ripped the papers off infront of her and turned it into small small pieces. 

She was shocked with my action. Looking all confused into my eyes and back to the ripped papers. "Ms. Mina, I don't think that I was clear enough again. I want to you stay. You won't leave this house. Over my dead body." Just like that I said it. Straightforward to the point. 

To Be Continued.... 

--------------------------------------------------------

Drama mentioned: is a real Turkish drama.

I will try to write longer chapters instead of updating everyday from now on.

Thank you for reading.