What Are We?

Warmth Lies Within

It didn't take me long to drift myself away to dreamland. I stayed a little up thinking how should I deal with Mina inner thoughts. And when I found the right words to use later on when I get the chance to speak with her, then at that moment my mind was able to be set free to sleep.

-----------------------------------

We were all sleeping when I felt something vibrated beside me. With that, I opened my eyes trying to see from where that came from. Then as soon as my sight landed on my side, I saw a phone that looks just like mine. 

I grabbed it trying to see if it's really my phone and it was indeed as it opened with the password I used. Thinking back, Jeongyeon probably didn't sleep until she found my cellphone. 

I wouldn't questions how she was able to find it neither how she found us yesterday in the first place. I mean, it would only make sense since she wouldn't be doing her job alone. There is probably people who's supporting her from a distance. Such a job that involves people safely, requires a team work. Even bodyguards work in a team manner. 

Looking at my phone, I saw there is a new messages from Mr. Jinyoung. It seems that he wants me to meet him in his office or he comes to visit me to discuss an important matter. 

I told him that I will come by his office around 1 PM today. It's easier to speak with him that way. And I would be able to drop Mina at work with a peace of mind. It also would give me enough time to spend before Mina shift finish to pick her up to go home. 

Mina shift would start at 11 AM and it's 7 AM right now. I better get up and prepare everything to leave. After that, I will probably wake the rest. I am not even sure if there is someone up right now. 

I changed my view to the opposite side and saw Mina there sleeping peacefully facing my side. 'Is it that hard to continue living Minari?' I thought to myself while looking at her sleeping face. 

I do understand her prespective in a way. No family, no friends from what I have seen and no motive to look forward for the next day to wake up. Just going to work and back home. I would have been now in that position if it weren't for her being around me. Her existence help me to look forward to the next day. My reason to continue living, is you Minari. The person that I am going to protect and live with for as long as I can. 

If she wasn't there, I wouldn't know what might I had done with my empty life. Yes I was living outside alone, but the thought of my parents existence somewhere in this world alive and breathing was more than enough to give me reason to continue my days for a fact that I will meet them again. 

I will help you find you reason Minari. Don't worry, I will fulfill my parents wish and keep you alive with me. 

While I was trying to get up as slowly as I can from my spot, I noticed at some point that there was something preventing me somehow from moving away further from my position. I looked to the side that's dragging me down and found out it was one pair of hands clinging into my clothes. 

It was none other than Mina hand. Her small fingers were clinging onto my shirt as if not wanting me to go. The sight was so cute to look at. It's like a kid touching his mother just to assure of his guardian existence near at the moment. 

My hands moved slowly and gently to touch her hand and remove it as careful as I could. I wonder if I wouldn't put a separator between us in the house, would she be clinging into me somehow... 

What am I even thinking... 

While I was taking my way out the tent, I noticed that Jeongyeon wasn't even sleeping with us. Did she wake up early? 

As soon as I stepped outside, I saw her sitting down quietly looking God knows where on the chair. Then suddenly she diverted he vision toward my direction with a power but as soon as she know who I was, her body relaxed immediately with my known presence. 

She stood up walking my direction as I am doing the same as well. "Good morning unnie," I said while giving her a warm smile. In reality, I never saw her smiling. Is all who has similar job don't smile as well? Sometimes I wonder what's her life look like. Does she has family? Or even friends? Is there even a time to meet them in the first place? Maybe I should give her a day off or at least sometime to do her own things. I mean she's a human being like me after all. We need to socialize with the people we treasure around us. 

"Good morning Chaeyoung, are we going to leave soon?" She reply with a firm voice. Which I kind of got used to. "Oh yeah, I was going to gather our stuff from around the tent and placed it in the van so that when everyone wakes up, we all would leave fast to our homes. Also, thank you for finding my phone." 

Jeongyeon moved his head down then up again saying, "It's my job to be of a help to you. Now I will go help with gathering the tools around the place. I will take my leave." She seems extra cold somehow in this morning. Did something happened while we were sleeping? 

I went to capture all chairs around and tidy it ato be placed in the van all together. When I reached the chair that Jeongyeon was sitting on, I saw the Jitzu book open and placed down on the chair beside it. Was unnie reading from it? 

Before I garb it, I made sure to place all the chairs together and other things I could take with me beside the camp fire that been left from yesterday. So that when I want to put them in the vehicle, they would all be together in one place.

Then I went to the chair with the book on it, I  grabbed it and sat down to relax my body. 

I want to see what kind of poem Jeongyeon was checking in this book. She didn't seem very interested in such topics when we were reading one yesterday. 

So I started reading the poem I saw,

Pain, I keep meeting you again
Shame, feeling will I ever sustain? 
Wait, a word that I hate
Now I am living with what have been left of your name.

Oh... That's some emotional hit. Those poems sure been reflecting several types of emotions. I believe each one been written in a specific day to show the feelings that's the writer been going through. Or should I say the character emotions to make it more vague.

Jeongyeon do you as well feel the pain? Are you in state of shame? Could it be that you're waiting for someone as well? Let's just hope that the last sentence is true, and you have a reason to continue living through everything. Maybe Jihyo as well going through difficultie. I mean who doesn't? No matter how perfect you might look in the eyes of other, you would still be lacking something that no one else can see. 

"Chaengie~" I heard Mina voice calling my name gently. I left my head towards the sound and saw her rubbing her eyes still not fully awake. What a view to look at, I smile unconsciously with this sight. She indeed look cute right now. 

I stood up walking toward her, "good morning Minari ~,  go wash your face to refresh yourself while I go wake the rest." She nodded to me while still rubbing her eyes. Such a lovely picture to see in the morning. It's like seeing your baby wake up in front of you cutely like that. 

While she went to do her own thing, I walked myself to Jihyo and Momo tent. These two should be up by now. 

I entered their tent carefully to check on them and what I saw is unbelievable. Actually, Jihyo was up while Momo seems to be still in her dream world. 

Jihyo was sitting up on her spot with her hand on her head while the other one laying on her feet. Her figure seems exhausted. What have you done Momo for god sake?

There was a bunch of stuff placed as a separator between them. Please don't tell me it's one of Momo sleeping habits. 

It didn't take long for Jihyo to notice my existence. She stood up immediately dragging me outside with her. I had no choice but to let myself being dragged like that. 

Then she stopped suddenly and face me. She placed her hands on her waist and started talking in an annoyed tone. 

"How could a human being be this clingy and annoying while sleeping.  Your friend literally kept hugging me and getting closer to my spot all night. At least that was the soft part. The hard part was even worse. I got punched in the face multiple time. I was going to murder her at some point. You should be thankful that I have patience within me or otherwise I wouldn't know what might have I done to her." She really seems to had enough of this night. I mean I wouldn't blame her as I know that myself. 

In reality, sleeping with Momo is a peaceful process if you allow her to cuddle something while she's asleep. But, if there was nothing to hold into, she will try to capture anything near her or she will ended up beaten you up somehow at night. 

"I am sorry for that Jihyo. I should have said something regarding her before you both go ahead to sleep in the tent. But you should have let her cling into you. That way, she wouldn't have bother you anymore at night. That's literally the only way to stop her attacks at night." 

"And how am I suppose to know that. Also, do you really think I am going to let her hug me while I am sleeping. We just met yesterday. We don't even know each other on a personal level yet. Heck no, we don't even consider friends to begin with." Her hands were moving all over the place gesturing different directions and shapes while explains the situation. 

But, I have to say that she's right on each word she said. I would be super uncomfortable if I would be in her position. 

She took a long breath to relax her body. Her hands moved to be placed now on my shoulders. "Anyway, what's done been done. And there is literally nothing to do about this. But next time, if there is anything I need to know, please share it with me. Just so that I prepare myself mentally. Now excuse me, I will go to ready myself to leave. I guess today I won't be going to work. Sleeping is all I am thinking of right now." Just like that, she walked away back to her tent. Momo probably still sleeping. Even if there is an earthquake, this girl probably won't even flinch. 

Anyway, after that I went to help Jeongyeon to leave when everyone get ready. 

The funny part is when Momo finally woke up and Jihyo was glaring daggers into her soul. When I told her what happened, she started apologizing like crazy to Jihyo. It's so rare to see Momo embarrased about something. She always make sure to not do mistakes and reflect on her actions. But, with this matter, she can't control herself at all when she's sleeping. 

We all got inside the van and Jeongyeon drove us to our house direction. Momo and Jihyo were silent all the way in the way back.

Of course, Momo felt guilty and couldn't be her savage self, while Jihyo was so tired to even have power to speak. And in top of that, Mina as well were silent in a strange way. She's just staring outside as if looking across distance into a place much far away. Her face just full of some kind of worry. I haven't seen this look in her eyes before. 

Sometimes I really don't understand her. One Day she's her calm self, other day she's quiet and sometimes you can't seem to read what's in her mind. I want to ask, I want to know. I really do. What's stopping me? Why am I so hesitant to speak up and knocked on her door? Maybe I fear her rejection or even the possibility of making her leave if I pushed her to much to open up. 

Thinking of Jihyo words about Momo. Mina and I still don't know much about each other personal life. I am not sure if we are considered as friends. What are we? I want us to be something instead of nothing. We are living together, sharing food, bed and spending our time together. But we have not spoken about our selves before. Who we are and what we like. Or even talking about our worries or what makes us happy or even sad. 

I want to be able to open such door into our relationship. We are family now. At least that's how I look at it. And family should be close in all aspects of life. I will decide the time to speak boldly with no fears. And get the chance to seize your thoughts and maybe... I would be able to set your mind free. 

I was sitting beside Jeongyeon. And the rest are in the back alone with their own thoughts. 

When we reached home, everyone went their separate ways. While Mina entered the house to prepare to go to her shift. We all wanted to take a shower to refresh our self before continuing the day ahead of us. 

------------------------------------------------------

Jeongyeon reached the bookstore and stopped for Mina to get out. She was a little confused because we normally park the car and enter the place together. I have been spending my time in the library everytime she had work. 

She turned her body to face me with a confused face. "Aren't you going to come inside with Jeongyeon?" I sense some disappointment in her tone. I would be lying if I said it didn't make me happy. A smile formed in my face slowly without consent. "Actually, today I have a meeting with Mr. Jinyoung around 1 PM. I still have an hour to spare. Unnie, could you please park the car. We are going to stay inside and then we will leave late for the meeting." 

Jeongyeon nodded and headed right away to the parking lot. I looked to Mina direction and saw her face light up a little. I would like to think that she like our presence around her even when we are not really interacting during her shift. I hope that's really the case with her. 

We walked together inside. She waved to us happily and went to the cafe. 

I decided to headed to our regular spot inside. It kind of become our official space. I think people got used already to seeing us her. We are like celebrity hehe. 

We were in our way there when I saw a figure acquiring one of the chairs we used to use. It's not like a problem anyway. It's just a habit for us to sit down there. 

I was going to pass by it but then I saw a familiar figure... JIHYO!!!! What is she doing here? She's supposed to be sleeping in her house now. I stopped near her looking. "Don't ask me." A voice came out. 

I sat down across her and Jeongyeon sat in another chair near us. She opened her eyes slowly while still her hands embracing her body. "I know what you're thinking.    I have no power to explain. So just pretend that I don't exist for now." 

Alright, I guess she can't sleep in her own house. It's not my place to to cross the line. I will just respect her wish. She really needs sleep that much. She closed her eyes immediately. 

"Why don't you go to my house and sleep there? It's empty and more quieter than a public place. We can drop you there when I am leaving. No one will be home until 5 PM." This time she opened one of her eyes a little. "No need for that. I can sleep anywhere as long as I can rest my head on something." And she went to sleep again. 

I didn't argue with her. But that doesn't mean that I am going to leave her to sleep her. It's a public place for god sake. Normally, when you're very tired, you reach a stage in your sleep were you wouldn't be able to hear your surroundings while you're in dreamland. 

After half an hour passed. I decided to wake Jihyo but Jeongyeon offered to carry her to the car. She looked to deep sleeping peacefully that Jeongyeon couldn't bare distributing her. 

I went to Mina to tell her that I am leaving. I saw her walking back from table so I called her. "Mina." She turned around and noticed my presence. "Oh, Chaeyoung,  you need something?." 

"Oh no, I just came to tell you that I am heading out now. But don't worry, as soon as I finished, I will come back hear again. Are you going to be okay?" I saw her face sadden a little. She smiled weakly looking at the ground. "I am going to be okay, don't worry." She lift her head to face me now. " Just make sure you come back safe. I will be waiting." She looked very serious saying it. Her last words got me speechless, maybe because didn't got use to have such respond from her before. 

I laughed nervously, "yeah.. Uhm... I will always be around... It's just for today, okay? Now I have to go. See you later Mina." I waved goodbye fast and walked away. For some reason it felt awkward and nervousness were building up. That's why I left fast. 

Jeongyeon carried Jihyo to the car and layed her in the back seat. And went home directly. When we reached, Unnie lifted her all the way to my room. The bed is big, she layed her there carefully making sire not to wake her up. I was actually suprised with Jeongyeon power. She's indeed strong.

I made Jeongyeon stay in the house. It wasn't easy to make her do that. Since her job is to stay by my side. But, because I am the one responsible her, she had no choice but to accept deafeat about this natter. 

I drove by my own to our lawyer office thinking, what could it be possibly that he wants to share with me. 

-----------------------------------------------

I am now inside the office sitting down with our lawyer. He's just about to talk with me. 

"I am glad you came Ms. Son, I am pretty sure that you're probably wondering why I called for such meeting. I actually need to ask you for a favor. And would be more then thankful I'd you were able to help me with the matter." He was sitting on his office with his hands intertwining together while her was speaking. 

" Sure,  anything for you Mr. Jinyoung. You have been helping our family for years. So if I can help you with something I am capable of doing, then I would be more then happy to fulfill your wishes." I said ensuring him.

He smiled and nodded to my talk. "Thank you Mr. Son. So, allow me to explain first what's happening." I nodded for him to proceed doing so. "One of my friends who helped me get Jeongyeon to guard you is troubled about his daughter. She was supposed to live in dorm for the upcoming school year. But because she was late, it couldn't really happens the way they want it to be for their daughter. And the last thing they want, is to joke her live alone away from school in a starnge neighborhood to commute. Ro be honest, she's kind of in danger just like you. I wouldn't be able to say the whole story about her but basically we need her safety and I suggested her dad to make her stay in a place that I know she's in a safe hands. And it's of course your house Ms. Son. So I would like to know if it's possible for you to provide her a place in your house to commute with you to university." His eyes was anticipating my reply. 

So basically the girl has some similar circumstances like me. And probably letting her to sleep somewhere away from house is worse than the idea if her living in a dorm. Which also mean that she has her own people who watches her steps as well as accompany her while she's outside. I don't really mind offering her a spot in my house. Tzuyu is going back soon and she's going to be living with me as well. Having an extra friend would be great actually. The more people the more fun we have. I don't see why should I reject the idea.

"Sir, I would be more than happy to offer the girl a place in my house. I just need to get more beds in my place and do some changes. To be honest, I am allowing my friend who's coming from America to stay with me as well. And since we all go to same school, then it would be much fun to go all together. Also, I am pretty sure with her situation, she probably has a bodyguards just like I has Jeongyeon with me. So, I am willing to offer as well a place both of them so that she would be safe 24 hour just like how Jeongyeon lives with us at the house." Mr. Jinyoung was smiling and seem to really appreciate my offer. "Thank you Ms. Son, I really appreciate your help." I am happy that I am of a helping to him. He never let my family down. This is the least I could do for all the loyalty he has showed until now.

" I just need your help in finding people to redesign my house a little. I will be doing some changes to make extra room in the house. So I would like if you could help me with this matter."

"Sure Ms. Son, I will find people to take care of that. I will let you know about it. Thank you gain. Please let me know when is the right time for her to move and introduce her to you." 

"Anything for you sir. I will let you know when she can move after I prepare a spot for her. And just for a clarification, I don't need anything from her parents. I will take care of her stay in my house, financially they don't need to do anything. Since you're asking help for her personally, I believe you car about her a lot like a family. And a family for you is a family for me as well. So rest assured that she's going to live peacefully at my house."

He thank and showed his gratitude to me. We exchanged goodbye and he said that he's going to sechdule another meeting to talk more about the matter. Maybe after I fix my house. 

Somehow I am liking the idea of having multiple people at the house with us. Maybe I should get Jihyo and Momo join as well hehe. 

Anyway, I have to head back for Mina. And also, I don't want to forget that I have Jihyo sleeping in my parent's room. I hope she's not going to freak out when she wake up suddenly in someone else bed instead of the chair she was using. 

To Be Continued... 

--------------------------------------------

Author Note :

Yay an update ~ but there might be a lot of mistakes so I am supper duper sorry in advance. I am going to reading it and fix it. Might as well read all chapter so that I remind myself of events. But anyway, I always update later. 

I need to sleep so badly, so see you again guys. I am going bed T.T.