Is It Love?

Warmth Lies Within

[Kyungwan]

 

I feel like I have been here before, walking the same road. But there is nervousness that’s taking control over my body. Going after something in a hurry… Because I need to get there fast ... 

But where?...

 

My legs taking the lead and I can’t seem to change my direction. My heart is beating fast in my chest and it’s full with fears...

 

What am I exactly scared of? What could possibly be driving this hastiness to walk further?

 

Those houses feels familiar and the neighborhood gives a nostalgic sense. But I don’t remember ever crossing through this place before.

 

Wait why did I stop? Is this the house I am supposed to reach? Wow it’s really big… Make me feel some type of way…

 

I am sensing hesitation...

 

Wait!!! Now I can see myself…

 

It’s like my soul is out and away from my body. But I am still following myself... Perhaps it’s a memory… Suggesting that I know this place previously and already familiar with?… Walked the same path before… Or could it be just an illusion?…

 

I see myself advancing slowly inside... 

 

Oh...

 

I have the key for the doors... I followed my figure inside... I don’t seem to know where I am going specifically...

 

... I stopped facing a big room

 

She disappeared inside... I want to follow her... but my legs feels heavy and I starts to feel dizziness taking control... why?...

 

I want to see

I want to see

I want to see

 

What do I want to see exactly? Why my body is not allowing me?...

 

I pushed myself further until I could somewhat see a pic of the room in front of me... the view is not clear... it’s a little blurry...

 

That’s me leaning down...

 

There is someone on the ground...

 

And there is...

 

 

 

 

Blood.......

 

“Kyungwan ...”

 

Why there is blood?...

 

“Kyungwan ...”

 

Who’s blood is this?...

 

 

“Kyungwan ...” 

 

I shot my eyes open after feeling a hand in my shoulder. My fast movement caused a dizziness to strike quickly, pulling me down to rest on the seat.

 

When I finally focused my vision, I realized that I was in a car. 

 

“Are you okay?” A voice spoke to my left side and I looked to see Jeongyeon looking with concerned eyes. 

 

What happened? I remember we were in the airport and then were heading back to Chaeyoung house... Yes, she’s supposed to drop us there. 

 

I looked outside the window recognizing the surrounding. 

 

So we reached...

 

“Did I sleep in our way? I am sorry, maybe I was tired after all.” I faced her way to reply, she had a blank face this time which I can’t read.

 

For some reason my head feels much heavier than normal. I notice that it’s becoming a norm these past weeks. 

 

Since I met this girl and I start having occasional headaches. It’s like my mind is trying to tell me something and I can’t get to figure out what is it exactly.

 

Meeting her changed something inside me and I can’t seem to fathom those changes. 

 

She makes me feel some type of way, but it’s not the bad type of it. Instead, I feel the warmth around her, more relaxed and calm. It make me want to stay by her side and follow around wherever she goes. Just want to be near her in some way or another. 

 

And this heart of mine always goes into chaos around her. Pushing me to get closer. Demanding me for more...

 

Am I in love?...

 

The door suddenly opened and Jeongyeon was standing outside waiting for me to get out. I didn’t even realized that she moved.

 

I moved myself out slowly and for her to close the door once I am away in a safe distance.

 

“Shall we,” she gestured with her hands toward the door for me to start moving. And so I did, while she trailed behind with the same speed. 

 

Am I really catching those feelings after all this time? It’s never even crossed my mind and well it’s not like I have met that many people my age these last two years. Mostly they were all doctors and my parents along with some coworkers of my dad. 

 

I can’t even remember if I ever had a friend or a lover in before and never even asked my parents about it. 

 

Always wondered what my life looked like before. What kind of people I met and interacted with and how did I end up being alone like this.

 

My focus been only on my recovery and only recently I asked my parents to register me back to school. My parents said that I had passion for music and singing. And so I remember one day going to karaoke and singing any song that popped and was available for me to pick. 

 

Surprisingly I had a very good voice and the joy I felt seemed to heal me in some type of way. So since that day, I made my goal to convince my parent to bring me back to university to continue my studies wherever I left.

 

The thoughts of school and my future slowly took over my interest, and the excitement to meet new people was overwhelming me but it’s part of life.

 

I had a feeling that my parents were hiding me away from the world. And they probably did that because they care for me and my safety. But what’s there to be scared off? It was just a car accident and I can assure them that I am a big girl that could take care of herself. One accident shouldn’t stop me from spreading my wings to the wild again.

 

Though I have fears within and the emptiness I carry is terrifying me in some kind of way, but I am willing to take the risks. That’s how life is, taking risks, making mistakes and learning from them.

 

I am getting back to school and living away from home. Hopefully getting a circle of friends with Chaeyoung company and ... 

 

I felt a hand again on my shoulder. I blinked and saw Jeongyeon close with a concern look again. “Oh sorry, I just zoned out. Let’s head inside, I think the rest are waiting.” 

 

I moved ahead passing her. And with the sound of the door closing, I know she followed. 

 

... And maybe I am actually catching some feelings for her after all...

 

———————————

[Jeongyeon]

 

“Hey, how is she?” Jeongyeon was checking her phone after excusing herself to step out to message Dahyun. After Kyungwan passed out in their place, Jeongyeon had to lift her up and check on her condition. When she seemed normal. She quickly wrapped ups things with, Dahyun since the latter noticed the girl presence, and hurriedly picked her up all the way to the car to head back home.

 

Jeongyeon had so many worries in her head. Since this girl saw her with blood in her hands, there could be so many different question that she’s not ready to answer at the moment. She could probably try to make up a stupid story about what she saw. 

 

But again that didn’t mean it wouldn’t go south regardless. The last thing she wants is for their identity to be discovered in some way or another. 

 

Surprisingly, none of the worries in her head happened and the girl didn’t even seem to remember what went down in the short ride they had. From her responds, Jeongyeon knew that she didn’t even remember getting out of the car while they were heading to Chaeyoung house from the airport. Actually thinking that she slept at some point during their ride till they reached stopping near the parking garage. 

 

Though it was suppose to make Jeong more glad for the turn of event, but it didn’t. Created more question for Kyungwan in her head and raised more concerned for the latter. Does that mean that forgetting events could be a normal thing for her as well? Could she even forget people at some point? Jeong had no idea how sever her state is and she had no way of figuring it out.

 

Dahyun is the one in charge for her safety, and we normally don’t middle in client files that we are not responsible for. At the moment, she’s backing me up despite her having a mission herself.

 

“Don’t worry, think of it as nothing even happened. We will talk more later, just make sure to rest for now.”

 

Curiosity is never good, it will cause distractions during missions. And Jeong want to make sure that doesn’t get in the way, but how could she not. Dahyun will needs to know about this, and make sure to keep an eye on her for now.

 —————-

 

“Okay, where is my room?” Tzuyu was already home surrounded by the rest in the living room. Her bags left in the corner while she wait to see where to put them. 

 

“We literally forgot to split the room between us...” Chaeyoung thought loud and clear to their ears. Last time they went ahead talking about Jitzu book forgetting the room distribution completely after their names introductions. “Great! I will pick mine then.” 

 

Tzuyu was about to move when Chae stopped here quickly. “No wait! Let’s discuss this here first.” She pulled her down again on the chair while she faced the rest. “I added another bed on one of the rooms. So let’s play rock, paper scissor for the rest. Two rooms left, one three beds and the other is two.” 

 

“Let’s do it quick because I need to take a shower.” Tzu huffed impatiently ready to strike her game on. “Alright, any of you gets the same sign, will be roommates while the one with different sign gets the spot in the three bed room. I will just hope it works. Jeongyeon, Kyungwan, Mina and I already have rooms, so the rest join on my count. Jeongyeon you have to play for Dahyun.” They all nodded in understanding.

 

“God please don’t let me be with Momo.” Jihyo was begging with closed eyes mumbling continuously. While Momo has an evil smirk as if praying for the opposite. 

 

Chaeyoung held her right hand up, “One, two, three.” She let it down signaling them to show there hands. They where all standing in the middle of the living room with curious eyes. “I can’t believe we all matched ...” Jihyo voices out.

 

“Alright one more time,”  Chaeyoung counted again for them. This time it was just the way she wanted, two rocks and three papers. Jihyo shot her eyes toward Momo and found out that she had a different sign than her. “OMG I AM SAVED,” her tone carried so much relief while the latter was disappointed about the outcome.

 

“Then it’s settled, Momo, Dahyun and Sana in the triple room while Tzuyu and Jihyo get the other one.” The way Jihyo neck snapped after Chae words almost broke it completely. She will probably feel some pain shortly coming. This whole time the worry was only about the possibility of her being with Momo in one room that she completely forgot about her situation with Tzuyu.

 

“Finally, now excuse me while i go set my things up to get a shower.” Tzuyu grabbed her bags along with Chaeyoung being lead to her room while the rest are just standing there. “At least I got my Sana with me,” Momo went to cling on the latter but before she could hook her arms around her neck, Sana lowered her head to dodge it. 

 

“I am already regretting this,” Sana shook her head with a heavy sigh. Dropping her body with a thud on the couch, followed by Momo almost instantly. “Stop being a baby, we will have fun. It’s been years since we had sleep over.”

 

“Except this is going to last for months ughhhh.” Sana knows better about all Momo habits. It’s going to be a headache for sure. 

 

Chaeyoung came back shortly after. Telling them that they could start moving in any day starting tomorrow. That way all get to settle and organized correctly.

 

That day Jeongyeon went dropping Sana and Kyungwan respectively to their places. While the rest went back with their own vehicles.

————————

[Jihyo]

 

University already begin and most of the girls has settled in Chaeyoung home except for one. Jihyo...

 

Unlike the others, she is more of an independent type and maybe that’s not really the sole reason behind her delays as she tries to convince herself. 

 

The library is the most peaceful place to get a job done. So quite and worry free, having your own corner away from others interest. Every student carries the burden and troubles on their own pace. You can’t hear it, but the view is enough prove to the eyes. 

 

In the third floor, all the way to the right side, there is a spot Jihyo always acquire for herself. It exactly had one chair, and located in a hidden corner where if someone comes early morning, they could grantee it’s vacancy.

 

Despite the fact that she had nothing to do, she find it the best place to have some privacy with herself. Been having those thoughts about the person that seemed so far away from reach but now is no longer a dream. Scared all along since meeting Tzuyu and can’t understand after wishing for one more chance to meet, how her heart is backing out and quivering. Seems unreal for it to happen out of nowhere, not believing that destiny could bring them back easily like that. 

 

There was so much promises that been made within for one wish. But she already acted on it, left what been holding her back and opened her wings freely away from her parents to prove herself capable. Done it and was left lonely to continue her fight. 

 

Her heart was set on one person and refused to let anyone in no matter what’s the reason. And you could say it’s one of the things that sparked the changes in her life. 

 

In her hands, lies all her feelings and hopes. Wishes and longing, stories of a desperate yearning. Stories that been said with tiny words. Short lines, but carries so much thoughts.

 

Loving you strangely feels good

Out of reach, letting you grow deep

Filling holes, a medicine for my wounded soul

With it I carry hopes, desperate for us someday to meet...” 

 

Before she could continue reading it, a voice startled her all being. “So you been hiding here all along.” It was more like a statement than a question. The book that was once opened in her hands is quickly forgotten, closed and shoved under her hands in protection mode. 

 

There was an empty seat beside Jihyo and it was quickly occupied by the latter. “Hey Tzuyu, how you been?” Striking normal conversation, that’s the spirit or so what she thoughts.

 

“I am sad because you didn’t move to our room yet.” That wasn’t expected at all for a reply. How can she describe her reasons with calm heart? There is no way she will share the truth with her. “Sorry Tzuyu, I am really busy these days preparing for an important meeting for my company. We have a great opportunity to sign a deal with very big investors. Once that’s out of my way, I will have time to actually pack my things and start moving.”

 

What she said wasn’t a lie, now more than every is a great blooming time for her as an independent businesswoman in the industry. The thrive to be successful and worthy keeps on pushing her for more. One factor about her continuous achievement is that the fact about her involvement in every big or small matter. That’s what keeps everyone heads straight to work. 

 

“So once you finish the deal, you will move, right?” She nodded for Tzuyu to confirm. “Okay,” the latter stood up suddenly confusing Jihyo. “I will see you soon unnie. Take care.” And just like that she left.

 

??????!!!!!

 

Jihyo couldn’t comprehend all this meeting and how it unfolded. But at least now she could give a break to her panicked heart. 

 

—————

 

[Phone Call]

 

  • Hey Elkie! Our meeting with Sunset Entertainment, push it as soon as possible. I want that to be settled down quickly. Make your calls and inform me.
  • Affirmative Ms. Chou.

 

[Call Ended]

 

‘A dinner meeting... hmmm...’

 

A smile crept to her lips.

 

 ‘Dinner date it is.’

 

Then she jogged to catch her next lecture. 

 

—————-