Last Meeting And Goodbye

Warmth Lies Within

As I am studying in United States for my college degree, I had to bear the fact of living away from my parents. I literally never thought of the possibility that someday might come where I will lose them forever. 

It's funny how this Life drag us with our dreams and worries away from what we actually have and exist in front of our eyes. I was so busy trying to forget the fact that the person I thought will become my future has given up on me so easily.

I am not mad at him though. His mother keep hurting him with words and piling him with demands that's never ending. You never complained once about it. That was how much you cared for your mother. Never said no to her and you made sure to do any task she assign for you. Even when she comes back drinking because of her lonely life after her divorce, and with everytime she ended up hiting you. You never wined and kept thriving more to give her even the slightest happiness. 

When she knew that we where planning to get married, she went insane. She already had someone in her mind for you and was planning to get you and the girl she picked to marry soon after graduation. I never know that she would threaten to hate you for the rest of her life. 

I know deep inside she know how much effects she has on you and she was able to use that card for her favor. When even she, herself was dying and not much time left for her, she kept controlling you till the last moment. 

You couldn't fight for our love and you chose your mom over me which is not wrong at all. Still...  I wished deep inside that you could have tried to free yourself even if it mean you not being with me. 

I wish you're happy with that girl at least. Cause I wouldn't forgive you for hurting yourself until now even after your mom death a year ago. 

------------------------------------------------------

I am going back finally to Korea. I have to go say my last goodbye to my parents and see them for the first and last time after 2 years of studying abroad alone.

Oh how I wish I came to see you before and to throw myself in your embrace. Now I have no place to throw myself to. 

Mom, Dad.........

Tomorrow will be our last meeting and goodbye...

---------------------------------------------------------

I have packed everything I need in my bag. It wasn't that heavy. It's funny how I thought that when I will visit my family, I will have to get extra bag for all the gifts I was going to take back with me. Now it's not possible anymore. 

I took my belonging and headed towards the airport...

I could have visited them before but because planes hurt my ears, I was delaying our meeting as much as I can. I think I was going even to wait till graduation. I don't think I had a chance to see them in the first place with this thought process I had.

The first time I was in the plane I noticed that my ears tend to close whenever I am above or below sea level. And that cause my body to heat up and lose balance easily. It's really an annoying feeling that I didn't want to go through again at all. 

But anyway, I am right now in the plane drinking some juice. And it seems that I am fine so far and I am not complaining at all about it. It's just that I am surprised that my ears didn't get affected yet.

Suddenly I remembered something....... 

When I was the first time in the plane, my ears didn't hurt or close when I had a liquid beside me to drink but as soon as that was finished, my ears got screwed over until I was off from the plane after one complete day. Yes, my ears took a whole day to recover after getting off the plane. 

So, with that, I will try to keep a drink beside me just to test how true could that be. The only problem is that I have to go to the restroom every now and then in which I am not complaining about since at least I would have my balance ready not like last time. I almost fell on someone else lab because of dizziness from my closed ears last time. 

The trip went smoothly and I had to take a lot of trips to the restroom because of me drinking consistently. I hope the Cabin Crew wouldn't kill me because of that hehe...

The plane finally arrive and I was perfectly fine with no problems. I took my belonging and went straight to the airport entrance to take a cab to my house. I had to be there in order for the funeral process to start. 

-----------------------------------------------------

I reached the house, it wasn't as big as you guys might imagine. Yes we own a company and we have money. But our family is so simple minded, we are happy with just what might seems enough in our eyes. Having a big house is just a waste of money and more pain to clean it. 

The house didn't change one bit. I went to my room directly to place my stuff. 

As I opened the door I felt there is something strange about the room. But I couldn't tell what is it. I shrugged it off and continued to change myself to an appropriate clothing for the funeral and took a small bag with me with extra cloth for three days to stay at a hotel near the sad gathering. 

I would have to stay near to welcome everyone consolation for me.

---------------------------------------------------

Our right hand man and trustworthy lawyer already took care of the event before me arriving. Everything was set up. 

I went to the place to see my parents faces before they would disappear forever. I wanted to see them one more time. To grave their faces for the last time. 

I greeted our lawyers as soon as I arrived as he was waiting for my arrival. He immediately lead me to their bodies. It's so weird that I can't seem to shed a tear yet for their loss. No one knows how much grief inside of me now, but I don't know how my tears didn't escape my eyes yet.

As the worker opened the fridge and pulled them out, my heart was thumbing like crazy and clenching hard. I felt my body getting weakened by the scene and my body doesn't seems to react to move forward. I stood their looking at their frozen faces. Oh, oh how much I missed those figures. I never imagined that my next time seeing them would look like this. I couldn't even see their eyes or their last smile. 

I couldn't bring myself to touch them. I know I can't so I just gestured them to start the process for the funeral to buried them underground. 

I left with a heavy feeling within me. Part of me wanted to touch them and my other part felt that they are already gone and so it would be better to hurry and make them rest in peace. 

It didn't take long and they have been washed and ready for the funeral to begin. We placed them for the last time for people to come give them their respect.

The lawyer stood beside me to welcome visitor's and I noticed another girl beside us. But I didn't ask since I thought she might be someone who's related to our lawyers in away and came to help as well.

Everything went smoothly and after two hours we all went in to put them in the ground and say our last goodbye. I stood their watching the scene and praying that God would take good care of them as they are in his hands away from this world.

After that, I went to the hotel to rest and to prepare for another day as I will be welcoming people better wished for my family for the next two days. 

I noticed the next day that the girl wasn't there with the lawyer so I just continue to welcome people for the rest of those days.

Time went slowly for me with all the pain piled inside me until those days where over. I thanked everyone who helped me in those three days and went to pack my stuff fast to go back to my parents house. 

The world already seems empty in my eyes but I didn't know that there was a surprise waiting for me at the house. 

To Be Continued...