Open My Heart

Warmth Lies Within

'Wait... Why I am feeling this comfortable sensation? And why my body is relaxed like that?'
...
..
.
My body jump on the strange situation I am in. The last time I was awake, my body was resting on the chair in the library. How in the world I am laying in a bed? And it's big as well. 

Oh god, what happened to me? Immediately, I looked around the room searching for any extra presence additional to me. And there was none.

I eyed My body to scan if there was any change on my state, but I am still wearing the cloth I had. Nothing Changed and I don't feel something wrong with me. Actually, if anything, I feel much better after sleeping those couple of hours. Despite the fact I slept a small amount of time, but it felt like eternity. There was a clock in the room that's why I was able to know how much I actually slept. But I still need to know where I am right now. 

I left the bed and walked toward the window. My steps were very calm and I made sure to not make a sound whatsoever. While I was walking my way there, I made sure to look around the place for my phone or any of my belongings and I actually spotted my phone on the small desk beside me before I leave my spot. 

There is a chance that someone might see me while I am near the window, so I made sure to stand on the edges and take a glance at the outside and see if I can recognize the area. 

Looking around the house, it seemed very familiar to me. When my eyes landed at the gate, I immediately figured were I am right now. This stubborn girl, I told her to leave me alone in the library.  But I am actually thankful for taking me here. Even though she could have just stayed by my side instead of having all the trouble to bring me to her house. I mean, she's already waiting for Mina in the bookstore. 

Now that I can move freely, I went directly to my cellphone to check if I had any calls from the company. After checking it, I placed it down again and decided to look around the room. 

I wonder whose room is this for. While taking my time to glance how big this room is, I catched my book placed on the big desk that near the door. Without averting my eyes any other direction, my leg walked toward it. 

There was a chair, so I decided to set down and grab the book in my hands. This book that's more like my diary than anything else. Not a story but a bunch of events and feelings that storms across my heart at those days. 

How could I forgot the memories I created along that person. My Life was just a boring routine until she showed up. Just like a candle, she light up my world with uncontrollable happiness. Her existence added a meaning to my life, or should I say, waked me up from my long sopor. 

Imagine that all you do is studying and following your family wishes. I never thought of it as an impose directions that I had to follow. Instead, I was a person who doesn't know where she's going. And since I had nothing better to do, I found joy with following orders. 

Socializing wasn't a successful mission for me. It was more like of a distraction as my parents described it. A way to lead you out the road into an unknown destination. Just when my mind was processing according to a specific plan, she came and intrude my system. 

It was the first time that I heard and felt my heart beating. With it thumbing with each simple glance or interaction, I felt that my body is alife. 

All what I am in right now is thanks to her. If I didn't experience those feelings, then probably I would have been the same machine that runs under my family orders. Again, there was nothing wrong with obeying them, but I just realized that I am a being that deserves to chose her own future by taking risks and responsibilities for my own actions. 

I opened the book on one of the pages randomly and start reading one of the poems...

My heart don't come asking me "What to do?"
Gather your courage, and seek for the truth
Days are running, the time is coming
It's either you win that heart, or you lose.

Those words, I said to myself once. I was full of fears to face my own feelings. I wanted to keep her close to me. Just her figure wondering around my sight was more than enough. Whether she was taken by someone or not, I was fine with her, the thoughts of her near my existence. Getting very close to her was a scary idea, I couldn't tell if I would be able to handle it. Because everytime she was near me, I felt like I was losing myself in front of her. 

I didn't have enough bravery to set my mind free when she's around. When you love someone, you tend to lose consciousness of your own actions and it would all be based on pulse at the moment that it's presented. 

At the end, I lost both, my parents and her. 

I closed the book to stop myself from grieving. What's been done is done. And I have to deal with it. That book I made to treasure those moments, I wanted someone to realize what they have around them before it's to late. Right or left, looking both ways, might actually shows you something that never noticed despite it being infront of you all the time. 

The was a drawers in the desk, so I decided to open one of them and place the book inside. I wanted it to be away from my sight. Suddenly I noticed a letter in the drawer. I grabbed it without thinking. It says Dear Chaengie ~

Could it be a letter from Mina. Come on, these two girls they're living with each other and they don't seem like they're related.  With one glance and you would be able to point out all the difference in their shapes. 

Maybe Mina confess first, who knows? Even though I doubt there is anything between those two. They are so normal acting between each other. Well except for the penguin eyes that throw daggers if you come near her cub haha.

I opened the letter out of curiosity and start reading, but the more I did, the more I regret my doing. Those words are from her parents and what's written her regarding Mina doesn't seem to be good. 

It seems that those two has been through a lot. Indeed each human being has their own problems to deal with. I am going to help both of them when it's needed. Before, I was living without purpose in life, but I learned my way through it. There is no reason to gave up on life. We just have to busy ourselves with other thing.

My parents are still around and alive till today. While here they have lost them forever. It somehow speaks to me in a way.

But more importantly, it looks like there is a bigger story behind this. Even though I shouldn't have read this in the first place, but I am glad I did so that I could be more careful around them while I am speaking. 

We are not yet in the position where we consider very close. But I am sure we reach that point soon. 

I put the letter back where it was and went to the bathroom to refresh myself and then I am going to leave the room to see if they're home yet or not. 

------------------------------

It's the first time were I get left alone in the bookstore. I kind of got used to Chaeyoung being around. Even though we don't interact, but I feel peace just by knowing that she's around me. 

I was trying hard not to get used to her existence in my life. But at the end I couldn't prevent that from happening. 

No more lying to myself anymore. I actually want to have someone to assure me that I am going to be fine and that everything will be okay. The warmth of someone taking care of you, that's exactly what's missing within me. 

My shift is about to finish soon and I am still waiting for Chaeyoung to come back as she promised. 

Soon we are going back to school, I know she's going to drag me with her. Also I know that I should open up a little more. We are becoming like a family. Her parents took care of me after my parents died. They tried to full that empty spot in my heart. But there was another piece of my heart that been broken and shaken my whole soul. I have some trust problems and I know that perfectly. 

Seeing that girl our if the blue in the woods yesterday was a big shock to me. It kind of wavered my feelings towards her and made me rethink what happened back then. Even though all bad things piled up after what happened between us, but I still need to dig for the real truth. Could it be that what I was thinking about her all these years just a misunderstanding? 

That phone call that happened, is really worrying me. 

"Mina..." I heard a voice calling my name. She was standing in front of me and I didn't realize her presence because I was sinking deeply with my thoughts. 

"You came..." Is what came out of my mouth suddenly. She smile warmly facing me. "I will make sure to stay by your side as much as I can. We are family now. So there is no escaping me."  She tried sounding playful in a way but I do understand what she's trying to tell me. 

I decided that I am going to stay, and no more running away. That I realized there is mysterious that need to be discovered, then I am going to move with the flow. Chaeyoung parents wants me to stay and I am going to follow that wish.   

"Sorry Chaeyoung, give me couple minutes to change my uniform to go back to house." She nodded and I went straight to the back to change. 

That I decided to open up my heart again. I am going to enjoy those feelings that comes with family member taking care if you. But since I am the big girl, I am going to show you Chaeyoung that I am as well capable of taking care of you. 

-------------------------------------

Author Note :

Since I had some time before sleeping T.T I decided to write a short chapter to focus on Jihyo and Mina a little. Looking at their inner thoughts will help you understand their past and hidden feeling. Next chapter hopefully will be longer and much full with interactions. I hope that you got the idea about Sana character in the story. 

Again I am sorry for any mistakes as I write with my small free time before I sleep. Thank you for reading and subscribing. 

I would really appreciate it if someone take time to share their thoughts about the story so far and if there was something confusing or not. You can DM me if you don't like commenting. It would help me with making the next chapters. Thank you.