Found You

Warmth Lies Within

[Mina]

I was just roaming around the bridge that I used to visit often with Sana. Looking around to see those cars passing by and how the small lights emitting and moving together to create such alive image. After a while, I was able to reach our usual spot. I throw my hands on the barriers and rested my chin on the cold metal. Closing my eyes...

Oh, how I wish we go back to the days we used to hang out together. I called it that way because we never really did anything couple like. She was always soft whenever I am around. Making sure that I am comfortable and safe in a way. Her eyes used to scan our surrounding all the time. I would always catch her doing that as if she was afraid of something or even someone. It didn't use to be that often, but she's always alarmed for any danger. With her presence, I felt that I could be myself and I wouldn't care. People around didn't matter to me as she was more than enough to have in my life. 

I was looking into the river until I saw myself leaning forward to have a close look at the spot we used to sit down in. I was trying to get a better view so I lifted my body on to get a little over the barriers. Then an embrace startled me but as soon as I heard the voice, I knew who that was. What I wasn't expecting though, was her words that came rushing as if I was going to do something bad to myself. She was holding me tight between her arms and I could feel her shaking.

So she does care after all as I thought...

I need to face her again. "Sana??? What are you doing here??" In which I felt her hand leaving my hips quickly to allow me to turn around.

"No, what are you doing?" She seems very angry and upset. She kept a close distance between us. Did she really think I was going to do something stupid? Well, I can't blame her, I would have thought the same.

"I was just looking at our spot that we used to sit on. Did you forget that we used to sit down beyond these barriers? There is a space to walk beyond it..." I gestured my head toward the spot. I bet she forgot that even if I tried to cross over, there is more space to access before actually you could fall into the river.

"Oh..." I guess she just remembered. I swear this girl...

"Well, I am leaving then." WAIT WHAT???! "No wait, you can't just come and go like that whenever you want. You were going to tell me the truth." What's wrong with this girl, she was about to tell me everything or at least something. I am not leaving her today.

"Well watch me doing that. Bye." She was about to turn around, but no. We have to get things straight. Two years were more than enough time.

"I am going to throw myself from here." Okay, really, like I am sometimes really impressed with my brain.

"You wouldn't do it." She looked at me with that done face -_-.

"Oh yeah. Watch me then." Saying it to her with confidence.

"Well, suit yourself..." She turned around attempting to walk away from me.

"At least tell me if you really wanted to break me like that..." And it seems that my questions were able to stop her somehow. I saw her take a halt and her hands turning into a fist.

"Mina, I never wanted to hurt you. All that I ever wanted is to protect you." Her voice was soft and full of sincerity. "And despite my efforts, I ended up bringing you pain... I just couldn't... I...  Mina, you won't understand... I just...." She sounds very troubled. Her head was leaning down to face the ground and I could see the pressure she's under. I mean how hard could it be to just share the truth?

"Make me then..." How would she know if she didn't share her thoughts with me? I have to make her say it. It's the only way to get things right between us again. She turned around looking reacting to my request.

"Listen, Mina... I just... I can't really be much specific... It's just... Complicated... It's bigger than what it might seem like." Her eyes were glued to the ground as if it was the most interesting thing.

"Sana look at me please." She lifted her head to meet my eyes. "You don't have to tell me everything, just try to be honest with me. You know the answer I am looking for." I took a couple of steps closer and nodded my head for her to carry on. 

She sighed dropping her eye view to direct the river, looking beyond and settling her hands to rest on the cold metal. I followed and did the same beside her. "I won't say the long version." With that, I turned my head to give my full attention as she stayed the way she is. 

"I have done all that to protect you from the girls back then. They wanted to break your neutral state of helping people and they were dying to see you with another face. It was just a coincidence that I knew about their plan and got to confess before they could do their move. By claiming you to be mine, their plan wouldn't be valid and they had to accept their failure as the spot they were aiming for, got snatched by me." But wait, what was exactly their plan? that was too general. "What they were planning exactly?"

"Well, just exactly what I did. Someone confesses to you, play with your feelings and then throw you away broken pieces." I never knew that was their intention. So when they came back then to reveal the truth, they had the same goal in mind as I would assume. Breaking us successfully been accomplished but I never knew that it was much deeper than what it seemed like. But she didn't play with my feeling, did she?...

No no, she didn't and she never even made a move on me to begin with, but then how they knew that she was only helping and not actually interested in me? Or did they just went for it and decide to go with the plan either way?

"They did get angry since what they planned for, got crashed easily with my plan. But then they found a way around to get back to it by targetting me instead." She turned to look at me, "with some help they were able to know some things about my life and that way it was easy to convince me to break up with you. It was hard to refuse and I had to do what been told to me." With those last words she spoke, I noticed that her voice was wavering as if she's afraid of saying it but she did anyway. "And here my job is done. I wouldn't be able to share more about myself."

So she doesn't want me to know whatever they found out about her. But I already know about her family situation, what else could it be that I don't know about yet? I will try to figure that out later. I still have a question that is floating in my mind though. "May I ask one more question?"

"Go for it, but I can't promise that I have the answer for it or willing to share it." I have to try at least and see if I could get an answer or a reaction out of her. The thing is, after knowing the truth and even before, I wondered if she ever loved me. I know she was really caring. And the fact that she went and involved herself in such a situation just to save me, assured how good soul she has. But the question remains, did she actually loved me at some point?

I know I did start to love her at the time, I mean how could you not when she used to handle me with much care and softness. You wouldn't imagine how it used to be when we were together. I am not sure if I still carry those feelings for her or it went away after those years went by. "Have you ever developed feelings for me when we used to be together?"

She was surprised by my question, looking at her face, I could tell it's something that she didn't expect me to say. I would have asked how they got to tie her to do what they want, or what kind of info they discovered to push her to withdraw her plan but I am sure she will share the entire truth someday with me. For now, I want to know her true feeling, I want to know what she means to me now and what does she think of me as. Are we still even friends or could we be again? I do want her back to my life. I want to thank her for what she has done for me in the past. Maybe I should have stated my thoughts first before I ask such a question. 

"You know, I never thought you would ask that ever to me. And I never really questioned myself either regarding our relationship back then. I was busy if you remember, work and school took most of my time and what left... I used to spend it with you. I am not saying it was a plain meeting for us, but it was the part of the week were I get to breathe again. Believe it or not, I don't even know what is love myself. Being a lover is something that I never went through until I met you. You were my first and you might be my last eventually." She walked away from me and the barriers and I followed her steps slowly as she walks matching her pace without taking my eyes away from her. 

"I am not sure if I would call what I felt with you love or something else. But what I know is that I used to look forward to meeting and spending time with you. It used to lift my mood and help clears my mind. Watching you talk and look at the river together even when we used to sit in silence most of the time, was enough cure. What I want to say is that I cared for you before and I still do." She stopped in her track and turned around. "Now we need to go back before they call the police to report a missing person."

With that I was confused like the topic switched suddenly to something completely different. "Wait, what do you mean? Who is missing?" She pointed her hands on me, "you apparently. You know we were all looking for you because you walked out without informing anyone of your disappearance." 

Oh no, I went out without thinking, "well, who's fault do you think it was? If you were a little more open with me back there, I wouldn't have left in the first place." She grabbed my hand all of a sudden, "we don't have time to argue, we need to be back quickly." She pulled me with her while running on the sidewalk. "Wait, where are we going?" She pointed the phone toward me showing the time. "Well, home duh. We need to catch the bus." And just like that, we start catching our pace to reach the bus stop. 

-------------

[Chaeyoung]

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were still going around searching for Mina.

"Do you think that they might have a hand with Mina disappearance?" I asked Joengyoen as I ran out of patience and started to think of different dangerous possibilities that Mina might have encountered. I mean, there is a chance that those bad people somehow get a hold of her. Oh god, please let it be not, as I might not forgive myself if something happens to her when they are only targeting me. 

"I don't think that's the case. If that was true, we would have got a call from them or some kind of message. It usually works that way, but we can't be sure if not something else happens of that sort by another hand that we are not aware of. Or it could be really just us going wild and she went somewhere alone to take a breath. To be honest, at this point, anything possible. But you don't have to worry if we"get no news about her in the next hour, I will expand the search and move the case to our head commanders to look into it. Though that's would be our last card to play if necessary." Jeongyeon words helped to ease me a little. I know I can depend on her. 

I felt my phone buzz in my hands so I quickly opened to see who it was. There was a message from Sana and I felt my heart jumped. When I saw what the message said, I physically relaxed and released a sigh that captured Jeongyeon attention. "I take it as good news?" turning her head slightly toward my direction. "Yeah, I just got a message from Sana, it seems that she was able to find her."

With that, Joengyeon turned around to head back to our house. She also called Dahyun to inform her about the news and to make sure to drive everyone to their respective house safely as it's already late. 

I am happy that Mina is okay, Sana knows well where she might have gone. And it actually makes me realize that I am still not that much aware of what's could really go in Mina mind. She's opening up lately and engaging with everyone but as much as it might seem to be nearing it still feels far from my reach. I couldn't even predict where she might be at or what might have gotten or her to disappear all of a sudden. 

Having my parents gone without a warning and out of my reach fulls me with fear that I might experience such feeling again. I am still trying to cope with the new routine and I am not yet ready for another shock in my life. I would never let such a thing happen again like today. 

I texted Sana that we would be in our way home...

----------------------------

[Sana]

It's a good thing that we were able to catch the bus on time. It's not like I am being cheap, but you gotta take chances when it's presented. Otherwise, it's going to affect the financial plans that I have for the year.

A part of me is glad that I was able to lift a little weight out of my shoulder. It has been bothering me since we went our separate ways. And it only grew bigger and bigger with time but now I wouldn't need to worry that much regarding Mina. I didn't imagine the day that I would be able to meet her and fix what had been broken. 

Though this is only the beginning. I doubt that I would have the time to spend with anyone as I am working more than what I used to before. That's considering that I went to get out of the monster cave soon enough before he could do anything. 

Putting what should I do aside, what I really want to do and feel is out of my league and I wish my life had been a little different than now. But, on the bright side, I wouldn't have met Mina if all those things didn't happen and I think I am thankful in a way and even more for the fact that we were able to get another chance from this life. 

Mina voice suddenly took my thoughts away,  “So, are we okay now?” I was looking out the window staring probably for a while now. After glancing her way, her vision seems to be focused on her hands that's on her lap. “If you want us to be, then yes we are.” I was looking at her hands that's moving nervously as well without giving that much thought to it. 

“Which means you are not going to ignore me anymore, right?” I chuckled softly on her words. She's still cute even though she was surprised when we meet in the store with her careless figure. I guess that was just an act for the purpose.  “Is that really what you are worried about?” 

She does seem to care for me. Even after all what I did to her, I really don't deserve her after all. It's just too good to be true. “I mean… You didn’t use to be that cold to me before. I just want that Sana back. The one before everything went downhill.” 

'I want her back too' I mumbled without realizing. Then I tried to cover it with a counter attack hoping that she didn't actually hear me. “You want me as your girlfriend again?” I looked up at her playfully with one eyebrow up.  

“Wha- I- No…uh … you know…” She really seemed to get frustrated fast. No wonder that girl, Jihyo if I am not mistaken, was able to enjoy arguments with her.

“Everything begins with us was that confession. We didn’t have any other relationship before that. So what are you exactly asking for Mina?” Let's see what she want. Even though I am glad for something to get fixed for once in my life, but the reason I started to get even further away from people is that I am scared for anyone to be used against me or even got hurt because of the mess I carry along. 

 “I…. I want us to begin all over again. New page, new you and new me as friends."

--------------------

[Chaeyoung]

Jeongyeon and I reached the gates and I saw Sana outside. I am assuming she's leaving after she dropped Mina. We stopped the care in front of the gate and went out to catch Sana attention. 

“Sana unnie" I called her, "you are leaving home?” She turned around and proceeded toward my direction. “Hey Chaeyoung, yeah I am going home. Mina is inside already safe and sound. Don’t worry.” She gave me a reassuring smile leaning her head toward the house to point out where Mina is. “Thank you very much unnie, I wouldn’t have known what to do without you.” If it weren't for her, I wouldn't probably be able to find Mina or a hint for where she might be.
 
“I am glad I was able to help. Now I shall go and let you guys rest. It was really fun meeting everyone today. I am looking forward to all of us to move together. Wish you both a good night.” She bowed and about to leave but I spoke to stop her. “Oh wait unnie. please allow me to drop you at your house it’s really late.” I won't be letting her leave at this hour, it's really dangerous and I would hate if something bad happens. 

Sana was about to protest, “I won’t take no as an option and it’s final.” I was about to take the keys from Jeongyeon, “I will take care of her Chaeyoung. You go ahead and check on Mina and I will make sure to deliver her safely.”

"Hey, I am not a package to deliver." Sana joked out of the blue and it made me chuckle as she said it in a joking manner. But Jeongyoen didn't get affected at all. “Alright unnie, I am counting on you. Drive safe. And I wish you a good night as well Sana.” Joegyeon nodded and went to the front door, opening it facing Sana direction. "Shall we?" gesturing her to proceed toward the car. 

And just like that, I stood to bid farewell to them and left to check on Mina. 

--------------

[Jeongyeon]

Since I am stepping outside the house in the meanwhile, I had to send a quick message to inform my support division of my absence. In which it gets them to be extra alarmed of what's going in the inside and out. 

 I am also curious to know the place that Mina was in. Don't get me wrong, I need that information to prepare for any future incidents that might occur along the way. “You were able to find Mina fast.” 

I would be trying to catch her attention and maybe get her to speak a little more of herself. That way I would gather some info about her to evaluate. “It was just a wild guess since we used to hang out before. There was no grantee that I was going to find here. But I am glad we did.” 

I am leading such a conversation because she is Mina friend, I should take note of every person around Chaeyoung. It's more part of my job to be aware of my surrounding. “Would you mind telling me where did you find her? Just so that we have an idea next time if it happened” 

I was talking while keeping my eyes on the road. But despite that, I could feel her gaze on me. “Even though I doubt she would forget informing about her disappearance next time, but we used to go to Han River a lot to relax. It’s more of like a special spot we used to share together before.” That's good to know. At least this way we would know where to check next time.

“I see. By the way, let me know when we reach your area. So that I could drop you in front of your house.” She's the one leading the way. “You really don’t have to. You could just drop me near the bus stop and I should be able to walk.” 

After the incident with my best friend, I tend to be more protective of the people around me. Whether the person would be my friend or not, if an action needed and I am capable of executing, then I go for it. “My apologies, I refuse to comply with your demands. I would never let a girl walk alone in this late hour nor leave you in the hand of strangers. I shall drop you at your house specifically to ensure your safety.” 

“Wow, that sound so cool coming out of you. I want to say that you're such a gentleman, but you seem more like a bodyguard of some royalty. I mean your aura kind of give it away, but now it makes more sense for you to be like that hearing you speaking that way.” Oh god, I forget for a moment that I am not on real duty. “Are you by any chance a secret agent of some sort?”

“Oh sorry, I could get carried away sometimes. I study Criminal Justice at college, I am also enrolled in a bodyguard program to learn self-defense and some other stuff of that sort.” What I said is partially true since we will be all studying together in the same University.

“Ohhhh, now you seem even more interesting. That’s really amazing.” She seemed excited about it. “It’s nothing really. It could get a little tough sometimes.” All that training is beneficial but the process could be a little painful to adapt to. “I see from where you are coming from. Well, either way, I wish you luck with what you are aiming for. Oh, could you turn right on the next traffic light? Please." 

I went exactly to where she pointed, and the more we go the more the road was narrowed. I am just wondering where her place could be. "You can stop here unnie." And that's exactly what I did, stopping the car in the middle of the road. Well, there is no other way I could park as the street barely fit the car and pedestrians. Getting out the door to her, "is either of those building were you live? If you don't mind me asking."

She chuckled a little, "no, actually I have to walk this alley to reach my parent's apartment. It's somewhere at the end of this road. You wouldn't get it unless you took the path. But don't worry, it's not the first time I walk this walk." I mean, how could I be calm about it, literally anything could happen and it would be hard to spot it. "Allow me to you to your building, I could just keep the car here and we could walk fast. I doubt anyone would come through and my car wouldn't be a barrier for walkers." She shook her head, "please don't do, I am afraid that something might happen to your car while we are away. In this area, everyone knows each other, it's more of special perks of living in such a district. I am really thankful for dropping me here, otherwise, it would have taken me longer to reach." She walked and pushed me to toward the driver door and opened it gesturing me to enter. 

"Please don't give me this look, I would rather see the expressionless version of you. Trust me, I will be okay." I kept staring at her because I am not convinced of letting her go like that." She released a heavy sigh and then extended her hands as if she expects me to hand her something. I had this confused look in my face until she spoke, "give me your phone."

"Why? Do you need to make a call?" I am not sure why asking for a phone all of a sudden getting out of the topic. "No you silly, to my number. That way I will text you that I reached and you would know that I am safe." Oh okay, I guess that could work. 

I gave her my phone after I pulled the contact list. She added her number and then proceeded to walk through the alley. I stayed a little outside to watch over until I lost sight of her. Then I went inside the car waiting for that text. I am not overreacting, am I? It's just that, I can't let any girl be in danger anymore. After what happened to my bunny, I grow scared of letting go. Letting go of someone fearing that something might happen as soon as I turn my back. Not being able to turn back time and fix what has been done. I have promised, that as long as I am capable of doing something that could ensure someone safety, then I will be willing to go and take all risks. Because I know what does it mean to lose a person so dear to you and I wouldn't wish anyone to go through what I have felt.

A short ring brought grabbed my attention, I looked at my phone and saw a message from Sana. "I am at home. Thank you again for everything. Wish you a good night." I replied to her and drove my way back to Chaeyoung house. I am glad she reached safely. 

.

.

.

 

In the same time, someone was watching over Sana...

'I am glad that you reached safe. I will keep watching over you and ensure your safety even without showing my presence.' 

----------------------

[Chaeyoung]

Walking inside the house, my head was all filled with Mina. I want to see her standing in front of me. Quickly looking around, then I went to our room to check. As soon as I opened the door I saw her standing beside the closet looking for some cloth I am assuming. 

Just with her physically standing there, I noticed that my body relaxed. As if I was holding it tight all along. It seems that I startled her a little with my entrance. " I am sorry," I apologized immediately for my sudden appearance. "Glad to see you back." I am not sure if Sana told her that we were looking for her all along. 

I went toward the bed and sat down to relax a little. I think I am a little dizzy for some reason. "Hey, Chae, please don't be sorry, I should be the one to apologize." I could tell that she was walking toward me as the voice was increasing. My eyes were closed and my face was facing the ground with my hands tied together. I felt the bed sinking which means that she sat down beside me. "Chae, are okay?"

It was really a scary thought that I had. I am not ready to lose someone else right now. What could I have now if she's not here? It hasn't been long, but I can't imagine a day where she might not be around. With what happened to my parents, I can't help but be worried about every step we make. Thinking that those people are still there trying to wipe us all. I mean, why wouldn't they? We still technically own the company. If they were thinking on that kind of road, then getting rid of me is an option. Not only me but even Mina and Hirai family since we both are the highest investors and we have the final word in the business matter. 

Should I warn and inform the Hirai? But the problem that it should stay as a secret. I should probably talk to the guards in the company soon. And since Momo is going to live here hopefully, that's kind of an advantage. We have basically two bodyguards with us. I would need to talk to Joegyeon about my thought and see what the actual situation looking like. I need to ensure everyone safety. Or maybe bringing them here is the dangerous option. 

My train of thought got cut when I felt a warm hand getting a hold of my face from both sides gently. I looked up and saw Mina with her body lowered to face my lever. I looked at her eyes and I saw her concerns through it. My hands separated and went to capture hers, taking it away. 

“Promise," I said while squeezing her hand a little. “Wha-," she was about to say something but I cut her. “Promise me that you would at least leave a note for next time. Or even any kind of heads up before you decide to disappear.” I need her to do that, to ensure that there is no next time for such an incident to occur. “I just need to to know that you are okay no matter where you are. I am just… It’s just for my own peace of mind. Please.” With her eyes wondering on mine, “I promise,” she said, nodding a little in agreement. 

I know that she understands what I am looking for in this promise. I believe we both have each other and we need to look after one another. That's the way for both of us to survive. She might not know the exact danger that's circulating, but she will know eventually. 

"Thank you." I stood up pulling her gently with me. "Let's take a shower both of us and sleep, it must have been a tiring day today." After I said that, I noticed that she went stiff a little. As if she stopped functioning all of a sudden. Did I say something wrong?

oh...OH, "I mean like you go ahead and take a shower and then I will go after you finish haha." I bet my face is a little red. Damn, I could feel the heat creeping in my face. "I-I wwill just go downstairs to check if Jeongyeon came back." And so that was my cue to leave the room immediately. 

I went to the first floor and checked the garage to see if the car there, but it seems that she didn't come back yet. I took out my phone to call her and suddenly I noticed that I have an unread message from my Yoda. I quickly opened to read it. 

"Unnie, I am going back to Korea this weekend, please come pick me up because I have no one other than you here. I have sent the exact day and time of my arrival. I will be anticipating our reunion."

Oh, my chingu is finally coming back. Now that's good news. I would have to figure who to take when we pick her up. School starts the week after next week I believe, so it's going to be really busy those upcoming days. 

Then I felt a ring on my phone. It's a message from Jeongyeon unnie, "on my way." That's good, let's see how things will unfold with the new changes. 

 

To Be Continued...