My Old Friend

Warmth Lies Within

Chaeyoung invited me to come hang out in her house. she said that's an opportunity to have a look at it and to get used to each other. 

I really have no time to waste by meeting and hanging out around. My goal is clear in my head and I am using every single opportunity I have to work towards. But since it's a chance to have a look at the place I am going to live in, I accepted the invitation. Also, I didn't want to be rude as she was kind enough to let me live there. So, it's the least I could offer.

Since I have no car, I always use buses to go from place into another.  Sometimes I walk instead if it's possible for me to reach destination on time. Every step I make is calculated to the minimum risk with more benefits in hand. This could make me sound as a weird person but it's a fact for people like me. 

Today is different though. Chaeyoung sent someone to pick me up from the place I provided to her. She asked about the address and I told her that I could wait for the car near the bus stop in my area. It was a little surprising when she said that a car will pick me up to the place. She insisted for me to accept her offer as I was about to reject it. 

I am the kind of person who doesn't like people to pity me. My pride won't allow such actions being taken with such purposes behind it. But the fact that she doesn't know anything specific about me yet what makes it easy to accept. Though, I do wonder if Mina said anything regarding my situation to that girl. Mina knows what I am working for and what makes me so damn busy all days. She's been on my side for as much as I can remember. She never gave up on me. It was such a lovely days indeed.

Now I am in my way to the house. Looking outside the window observing what could be seen. Well I might say that my eyes are open but my mind is drown with so much things that I need to fix and work on. I can't really tell what I am seeing at all. My vision landed on the side view of the car and I noticed that there is a vehicle behind us that been following for a while now. 

I want to shrugged it off but I don't like to let my guard down no matter what. I kept watching the car and no matter were we go it's still behind following us. Now, thinking of the possibilities, the only thing I could think of right now is that they are coming for me. Since the driver is not really a target in a situation like this. And if I remember correctly, there was no car behind when the driver arrived to pick me up. Could it be that bastard again?...

The car suddenly changed the speed. I see, the driver noticed after all. We are going faster and I saw the car behind us doing the same. My hands grabbed firmly into my seat belt. I think we are changing direction at this point and trying to run away. 

Then something happens out of my expectations. Another car went in the scene and now it's behind us instead of the other one. The driver switched into a one way road. With that, the car behind us is slowing down a lot, and it seems that the car that is following us all the way behind is in big struggling to pass. 

This way the driver took the chance to run fast, away from what's happening. I am wondering really what happened all of a sudden and how that car came into the scene out of nowhere. I kept looking behind just in case that the car shows up again. 

-------------------------------

We reached as I see Jeongyeon unnie if I am not mistaken by the gate standing. I was kind of taken back by the place. It's not super big but it's not small at the same time. 

How to say this, it's not like I didn't used to such view like this before. In fact, I used to have a house like this and a company in its own. But things happened and the table flipped on top of our heads. And her I am struggling to climb again for my family sake. I don't really want to remember what happened back then. It was much worse days. 

Unnie opened the door for me. "Welcome Ms. Sana, everyone is waiting for you inside." She probably mean Mina and her friends as well that I met that day when I talked with Chaeyoung. 

I was walking looking around the place. It makes me realize that, such a level doesn't suit me anymore. I lost it a long time ago and it showed me how hard life could get. It makes you aware that nothing last forever as you might imagine. If you don't appreciate what you have and abuse it instead, then it will come back at you someday big time. Though this wasn't the situation for me, but either way we lost everything because we gave out to much trust without being cautious. 

When we reached the door, Jeongyeon open it again for me to enter and I thanked her for that. In my way inside, I took my time to look around the place while following unnie. With each step I felt my heart getting heavier, more like telling me that I don't belong anymore to such place. It's makes me so small and incapable. Fears of blending with the new reality I got thrown in at the time is what makes me distance myself from everyone and everything. I didn't want any contact with people around other than my job. And that's what I worked toward since the crisis that happened for our family. But for Mina, that was another whole story. 

Jeongyeon stopped and by that I looked from her way to see everyone staring at me. And as I thought, Chaeyoung and Mina was here along with the other girl that I forgot her name. I also noticed another person that her back was facing me. Jeongyeon announced my arrival and Chaeyoung welcomed me happily with a smile.  Mina was looking at me with a small smile. 

The extra girl that I don't know suddenly turned my way. She took a solid minute staring into my soul while her eyes scanning as if trying to find something. Then when I focused a little on her expression and look. My eyes widen. Before I utter any word, her eyes soften. I didn't get to react at all as she run toward me giving a hug like there is no tomorrow. It was too tight that I was barely breathing. "How could you leave like that? Paboya." She said with a little angry high tone. Everyone around were confused of what's happening specially Chaeyoung and Mina. 

I have changed...my old self is gone a long time ago. How can I face Momo-chan right now? "Momoring, it's okay." I didn't hug back neither made any reaction. She pulled slowly releasing me. I saw her eyes sparkling, she's fighting her tears to not fall. 

To be honest, I missed her a lot. I wasn't able to say goodbye when my family was leaving Japan. Disappearing without a words must have hurt her. Probably she was wondering what happened to me after we lost our company. But I couldn't face anyone at the time and my parents wanted to fix everything and leave for good. And when they actually thought they payed all our debt, we fall in a bigger hole than before. Not mentioning us being in a complete new environment that we have to adapt to as fast as possible. 

Momoring is my childhood friend. She knows me well, even more than Mina do. I am happy to see her again looking fine, but I don't want to remember my old self or to mention anything about the past. But I don't know how this day is going to be. 

"You guys know each other?" Chaeyoung asked cutting Momoring staring time snapping her into reality. It's like this girl forgot that there is other people around her. She turned to face Chaeyoung with a wide smile. "Yeah, she's my the no more lost Childhood friend." Then she face me continuing, "I finally found her after those passing years." She gave her warmest smile yet. Her sincerty is clears to me and I bet it's the same to everyone seeing her now. 

Again, I didn't smile and just kept my calm face on. "Yeah we used to be best friends a long time ago." looking at Mina who seems indeed shocked with what's happening. She's such an open book sometimes. "And we still," Momo blurt out firmly with a serious look on her face. 

"I never really thought that I would be able to see Momo looking like that at someone. You guys must have a strong bond. But anyway, let's all have a seat as we wait for our last guest. Please make yourselves at home." Chaeyoung said gesturing her hand for us to sit down. Momo took my hand and dragged me on one of the couches. "I am not leaving you today whether you like it or not." She said squeezing my hand. I sighed as I know that she won't leave me off the hook after we meet again. 

But I am surprised to know there is more people coming. I wonder how many more are going to live here. "Wait Chae, there is one more person coming today? Who is it?" The girl with big eyes spoke. I still can't remember her name. Dammit... 

"She's Jeongyeon friend. I myself didn't see her yet." Chaeyoung said while giggling on herself. How could this girl just accept people casually to live in her house. She must trust her friends well. I mean, she doesn't know anything about me and offered such deal to help me. So it's kind of not surprising in way I guess. Having her as a friend would be such a blessing for sure.

We heard beeping coming from outside. I guess that last person finally arrived. It seems that no one was expecting such a new face to appear. 

Jeongyeon went out as expected to look out. Few minutes passed then I saw the door open revealing Jeongyeon with another girl that look shorter than her. She had a big smile shining on her face. Such an impactable appearance. 

We all stood up facing her. She bowed with respect toward all of us. "This is Kim Dahyun, my right hand friend." Jeongyeon spoke introducing her to us. Such a unique way of introduction. The girl suddenly shifted her gaze toward me all of a sudden. Her smile is different than the one she carried before. This one full of confidence and assurance. I am not sure that it gave such power out of it. Since when smiling could be this mysterious. "Nice to meet you all. You could call me Dahyun or Dubu if you want. Thank you for having me here. I will be in your care." She bowed again while Chaeyoung stepped forward approaching her. 

"You're more than welcome. We are all her friends. I am glad that Jeongyeon at least has someone from her side to join us." chaeyoung shook hands with her and she proceed to introduce the rest. 

I noticed that there was another girl with us as well that I didn't pay attention to until now. She smiled and when her teeth showed, a rabbit pic appeared in my head. Such a cute girl to be honest. 

Then after going around everyone, my turn came. Chaeyoung introduce us to each other and I shook her hand with my regular face. Despite me not showing any interest, she smiled softly toward me. "Let's take care of each other." This girl didn't say anything to anyone but ended up saying those words to me. Again I didn't respond and she went back near Jeongyeon. 

"Alright, since we are all complete for today. Only for today though because I still have one more friend that's going soon to join us. Let's start the fun guys. There is a room for games here in this floor and if you wish to eat the kitchen is right there full of food. I am saying that specially to Momo." She winked at her and I giggling because she always used to love food. I guess that didn't Change on her. 

"I guess you never changed Momoring." I said to her while not looking her way. "But it seems that you're the one who changed a lot through these years, right?" I can tell she's looking at me after saying those words. But I didn't look back and stayed the way I am. "Sometimes, no matter how you try to stay away from the incoming wave at the edge of the sea, the sand under will drag you fiercely to the deep."

To Be Continued... 

----------------------

Sorry for the long wait. But I am stressing with school a lot. I managed barely to write again.

Until next time. Hope you enjoy the small update.