Is That You?

Warmth Lies Within

I have left them with the guest so that they could take their time without me bothering them. There is no point of me staying anyway. Staying outside for now is good enough to keep an eye on the house and to check if there is anything suspicious going around. 

Actually, I am kind of worried. I have only saw those people who's following her once when I arrived to the house. After that, they never showed their faces again around the area. I made sure to tell our men to keep an eye on the neighborhood to check if there is any unfamiliar figures that might enter. That way we can prepare in advance for any danger that might occur. 

Chaeyoung has told me that more people is going to join us in the house. There is also someone who's going to share a room with me. 

I actually don't mind at all. I even offered to give up my position in the room but she refused to let me leave. And I didn't insist about the idea and just nodded accepting her words. 

Moving around each corner of the house is necessary. I have an eyes outside and I should use my own eyes to watch over this home as well. I made sure to take a look at the front gate and moving all the way until I reached the backyard again were I originally was before I tour around. 

My face is looking straight at the sky. It seems so empty without the clouds around. Those clouds that add some movements making it more enjoyable to look above. Yes sometimes it's white and going smoothly with the blue sky, but sometimes it gray and leads some saddness along the way. 

I am not sure why I think of myself as this clear sky right now. Maybe because I seem empty from the inside and outside. It's not like a new feeling that I am experiencing now. That's all happened after I lost her in an unexpected day by an unexpected way. 

Her face... I couldn't even see it after the incident. They were all burned to death inside their house. I have been informed that no one is going to be able to see them before they get buried. Reality slapped me so hard at the time. After days passed, I heard what actually leads to this chaos. They said that the fire was intended and that the actual cause of death wasn't burn but someone who killed them slowly before setting the house on fire to delete all potential evidence at the time.

And all that for what? Just tell me for what? I should have let her to stay over at that night. I should have insisted and begged for her to sleep at my house. Why did I let her leave like that? Why she refused my invitation that day for the first time? Just everything doesn't make sense to me. It's driving me crazy. She never declined my invitation ever. It's just that day, everything was not right. 

I need to figure the truth and I am going to do so. I won't allow such thing to slip from my hand. Not until I find these people and apply the right justice on them for what they did. 

My hands were in my pockets, staring deep into the sky, as if trying to find something that I have no idea what it might be. I was so drown into the view but I never let my guard down. I sensed a movements behind me and I turned immediately making sure that my hands in contact with my gun. But what my eyes saw was beyond reality. It took me by surprise and stopped my body from functioning.

Am I hallucinating at the moment? I felt my body go weak with the figure I saw. That face and those eyes, how could I be wrong? I was frozen in my spot losing my purposes. Every inch in my body soften and tears were threatening to fall. My breath were getting heavier with each second passing and I felt that I lost my senses around me. I want to confirm what I am seeing even though I know it shouldn't be true. She's gone and there is no way that possible for her to be presence, I know that. 

I wouldn't lie, the pain I feel right now and each heavy breath that's coming out only shows how much I missed her. It's been so long, so long that I can't control my longing for her. She smiled at me, oh that smile, that bunny figure that I would never forget no matter how time would pass. I wanted to touch her, to use this chance that I might not get to have again. 

My legs start moving on its own toward her. I want to run fast and hug her as if there is no tomorrow. But still the reality about her holding me back at the moment. If it's a dream, then I don't want to wake up yet. 

Now I am few inches away from her. I am looking deep into her eyes searching for some reaction but I can't seem to find any response. My hand raised to feel her cheek, and I soon as it made contact with it I snapped into realization. She jerked away from me with a confused look on her face. At that moment I knew that I wasn't dreaming, that there is something wrong with me or even those eyes of mine. The hand, I took it away and looked at it for a moment then I divert my vision at the girl in front of me. I shook my head and turned to walk away from her while my face looking down trying to shake any thoughts going on at the moment. 

"Wait..." My legs stopped moving and I left my head fast upon hearing her voice. That was it, her voice, the same sweet tone she used to have. What is happening? Whatever I am seeing and hearing at the moment it's not real. I was still facing the opposite direction. "uhm... I am your new roommate. I...I jjust wannt to say hi." 

Her voice is shaking,  it seems that I didn't give her a good impression. If I turn, would I still see the same face of her? Or am I just mixing reality with imagination? I took a deep breath and turned around, but nothing changed. Every part of her looks exactly like my best friend. How is that even possible? Even her voice is matching. 

I heard that there is a possibility to stumble upon forty figure in life that might look similar to your appearance. But I never know you would be able to find two of the same body in the same country and looking identical. 

She took a few steps toward me increasing my level of nervousness.  With a warm smile she offered a handshake. "I am Kyungwan, your new roommate. It's nice to meet you." 

Wait... WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS? IS LIFE PULLING A PRAK ON ME BY PLAYING WITH MY HEART? Of all names in this world, she had to have my birth name. "uhm..." Then I noticed that left her hanging after her introduction.  I immediately shook her hands. "Sorry for my slow reaction. Please excuse my behavior that came out of me earlier. It just that you remind me of someone and I couldn't stop myself from doing what I did. I am Jeongyeon by the way."

It seems that my words made her more relaxed. "It's okay, I understand now. If you don't mind me asking, where is that someone you're talking about? Are they living far away from you?" My hands went back again into my pocket. My best friend would have never forgotten about me just like how I never forget about her after all those years that passed. I changed my vision to look at the sky, "yeah she's living far away from existence. I will never be able see her again." 

When I didn't hear any response,  I turned to check on her. She seemed sad and full with guilt. "Sorry..."  She mumbled slowly in low voice but enough for me to hear. "You don't need to be. It's been years since it happened." 

"Do I really resemble her?" She asked while not daring to look into my eyes. "You have no idea how much you look alike."

"Anyway, shouldn't you be inside? What brought you here in the first place?"  I wanted to change the topic and take away the gloomy atmosphere. "Oh yeah, I actually told them that I am going to look around the house. Just like some exploration. But to be honest, I wanted to meet you. My roommate. Since we are going to live together,  I thought I should come and introduce myself before I actually move out here. I kind of saw you leaving us when we reached. So I know that I should be able to find you outside. " I chuckled a little on her honestly. 

"You seem a very straightforward person. I like that. I hope you will enjoy the stay here. Ms. Chaeyoung and Ms. Mina are a good people. Even though I haven't lived long here myself, but it was enough for me to know them. They will take care of you just like a family member." 

She thanked me for the encouraging words and excused herself to go back inside. This is really going to be hard on me.

I faced the sky again. 'Hay bunny, do you know that you had a twin sister in this country that looks exactly like you. Even though she seems a little shy compared to your personality. But it might be only a first impression, who knows? But I am kind of scared. I know that you already have died a long time ago. I fear that this girl existence might change me somehow.'

Jeongyeon, you need to focus on the mission. Don't let your guard down. Bunny, I won't forget my purpose of doing all this kind of job since the beginning. And I will make sure not to make anybody replace you in my heart.