Thank You

Warmth Lies Within

"Wait, so you got to saw one of the girls that going to join us and you didn't tell me." I am sitting down in the library with Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon as always. Chae said that yesterday they meet the new roommate who's going to be living at the house soon. I am still not fully sure if I am going to move with them or not. Until now, I was just playing with Mina. It's really fun teasing her all the time and her responses always enjoyable hehe.

"The girl just came to see the house and have a feeling of the place. But don't worry, we will get to see her SOON." Chaeyoung said with a emphasizing the last word for a reason. I gave her a questioning look but she shrugged it and ignored me in a playful way. This girl... Sometimes she makes me think that she's a kid with her childish behaviors. 

"Still you guys didn't think of me. I am hurt." Suddenly I pout and looked the other way. Since when I became childish as well? That's ridiculous, I turned around in an attempt of making it a joke but Chaeyoung beats me to it. "Okay, how about this? When my friend comes in from U.S., then we go all together to pick her up and hangout. What do you think?"

Well, it's not like I have anything better in life to do. Well except for taking care of my dear company. " Okay deal. You better not forget me Chaengie." She made an okay sign for me while assuring me with a nod. 

There is literally not much to do today. I always hang out with this gang for 3 to 4 hours most of days before heading back to my company. Also, I make sure to take Mina sechdule to figure when I should visit the library so that I could spend sometime with them. It reached a point were people start calling us Power Rangers because we three are always together and Jeongyeon kind of give a fighter vibe. It was really funny when I heard it out of one of the visitors one day.

I make sure to tease Mina before I leave them all the time. In some way, it feels like she knows that I am just playing around with her and despite that she plays along until the end. Even after I read the letter, I felt more responsibility toward her. It's like I want to make sure that she's doing something, talking or smiling but off course not crying. Not only her, but the three of them as well. 

After learning a little about those two, I get to realize something I am pretty sure I am aware of but never acknowledge it out loud. That no matter how perfect a human being might look, there is always something that's missing and hidden so no one else can see. And Jeongyeon is no exception as well along with these two. 

When you look deep into her eyes, you just don't find anything. It's like empty, no feelings whatsoever. I can't read what's in her mind. It's kind of hard to understand what she's thinking of, that if there was something in the first place.

Most of her time she spend on reading a random book. She would check her phone everywhile as well as look around the place then goes back again to reading. 

I didn't get the chance to speak with her like the way I do with Chaeyoung and Mina. It's kind of hard to approach her. You would think that there is a big wall between you and her. That's really what makes me hesitate until now. 

"Jihyo, would you like to spend sometime with us back at my house after Mina finishes her job?" Chaeyoung spoke cutting my thoughts. I looked at her blankly because I just snapped away from a deep thinking moment. Probably I look stupid right now. But, about her offer, I don't see why not skipping work today. That's mean more fun teasing time and maybe I get to learn new things about those three. Then I noticed her hands waving toward me. "Oh yeah, it would be fun to come. Sure."

"Great, also our new friend has arrived to the place." A friend... What is Chaeyoung talking about? "There she is." She said pointing toward the entrance way. I looked that way and saw a girl waving to our table, coming toward us. She had a wavy hair and beautiful features as well as a calm figure. 

"Hello everyone." She said shyly and after that directly I noticed how Jeongyeon snapped away from her book to look at the girl direction. Her face was kind of shocked but then it turned to a painful look suddenly, nodding toward the girl direction, acknowledging her presence. 

It was the first time to see Jeongyeon making different expressions. My eyes went back to the girl and she was smiling at Jeongyeon with sparkling eyes. Wow... That's really interesting. 

"Welcome unnie. This is Jihyo, One of the roommates you're going to see in the house. Jihyo, this is the girl I was talking about earlier. Her name is Kyungwan." Oh such an interesting name. So that's the girl we were talking about. "Hello, pleasure to meet you. You can call me Jihyo." I offered my best smile while attempting to shake her hands.

She reached my hand and shook it gladly. "It's my pleasure Jihyo. You may call me Kyungwan." It seems that she seems like the soft kind. I feel like she could break easily. But she look like a very nice person. I think it only means more people to look after. 

In fact, I always wanted to have the feeling to protect or look after someone. It's something that fills me with joy just thinking about it happening. Now that I have an opportunity to share my life with a group of people, excitement is all what I could feel with. Because it means that I am go-to take care of those kids. I am pretty sure that I look older than any of them. Maybe except for Jeongyeon. Cause she carry an aura of a mature person. 

She sat on one of the chairs beside Jeongyeon. "Where is Mina?" It looks like she realized that Mina is not here with us. "She works here. We usually all meet here during Mina shift to hangout until she's finished." Chaeyoung explained while the girl was nodding to her. 

"She's going to be out shortly since her shift is about to end." While Chaeyoung is chit chatting with Kyungwan. I took a small glance on Jeongyeon. Her eyes were glued in the same page for a long time. Normally, she really flip pages fast. I even was suprised on her pace with reading books. 

While I was impressed in my thoughts about her, she closed her book fast taking me by suprise. She stood up and walked away from us toward bookshelves. I think she's putting the book back. Then I saw her going towards the exit. That was kind of new. What going on? 

So, normally Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung would say something when they're going somewhere. They would always inform each other about there movements. But Jeongyeon now didn't even say anything to us. She just walked by returning the book and leaving outside without even looking at us. 

I decided to follow her. Looking at the new girl, she carry a worried expression on her face. I faced Chaeyoung, "Hay Chae, I am going outside for a bit. I am coming back." She said okay to me so I left them going towards the exit. 

As soon as I was out, I looked around searching for Jeongyeon. There was no sign of her around the entrance area. Then I walked toward the parking lot and there I spotted her leaning on Chaeyoung car looking at the sky. So, I simply approached her. 

"The sky looks beautiful today isn't it?" I said to grab Jeongyeon attention. Then she replied to me without turning my way. "It's gloomy and about to rain any minute!" She said as if questioning about the beauty I am talking about. "Well, you're looking at it as if it's the most interesting thing you ever saw." I always have my ways of approaching people. When I am hesitanting about someone, that's because I probably can't read their expression at the time. But since I saw the change in Jeongyeon, I had to do something about it. I am pretty sure their is some hidden reason for her mood swing. 

A minute passed by without any response from her, nor a word coming out of me. Then she suddenly broke the silence, "Is there anything bothering you Ms. Jihyo?" Okay, I actually didn't expect her to say such thing to me. "Just Jihyo please. And, I should be the one asking you this question?" Her head turned slowly to face me and I was looking serious into her eyes. "And what makes you think that way?" Well, to begin with, you heading out without a word as if trying to run away from someone. And you again looking at the sky when literally it could rain draining you from head to toe even though you look like you wouldn't be bothered if it did happen. That's what I actually want to say, but I don't think it's the right way of approaching under such circumstances. So instead, I am attacking her with the same weapons she's using. "The same way it brought you to questions me the same question."  

She took a minute to look me in the eyes deeply then she start laughing out of nowhere. Like literally, I would never ever think how her laughing would look like, and even if I did, there is no way that I would imagine it to look like this. I was shocked. She started to wipe her tears that fall from her laughing hard. "I am sorry if I looked like a crazy person right now. But I couldn't contain myself." Her laugher didn't leave her while she was talking. "You're really an interesting person." She said moving away from the car. "Let's get inside before the rain catches us." And without waiting for a reply she walked ahead leaving me dumbfounded. 

I was aiming for a different ending for our conversations. But instead, I literally got nothing from her. Well except for seeing her laughing, in which I think of as a legendary moment since I might never get to see it again. A drop of water came near the car, and I think that if I don't move right now, I will be doomed. So I pulled my body and went to go inside again. Then I saw Jeongyeon standing before the entrance. It seems that she's waiting for me, so I fasten my pace to catch up to her.

We are walking inside together and before we reach the spot where the rest are sitting, I heard her saying something that shocked me again. "Thank you." She said it low but enough for me to hear, leaving me to freeze upon her sudden words while she sit back again in her spot.

"Oh, Kyungwan is here. It's nice seeing you again." Mina came since her shift ended. "And by the way, what's wrong with this girl." I looked at her because she was beside me and her finger pointing my way. "Hay, be a little respectful. I have a name you know." I think my teasing session officially begins hehe. "You want me to call you train? Well if that's what you want..." I cut her, "no no no, that's not what I meant you penguin." Maybe she thinks that calling these names would actually bother me. In fact, I really enjoy these names to be honest. "You Thomas, why penguin of all beings? I don't understand." She asked looking frustrated and bothered. 

"Okay, to begin with, have you ever looked in the mirror while walking? Do you see how you are standing right now?" She looked down at her legs and she saw both her legs parted just like how a penguin stand. Then she fixed her leg and she glared at the rest in the table because they were holding their laugher. "See what I am saying. And don't even try fixing it. You actually look cute that way. Except for me getting compared with a train tsk." I scoffed at myself. Teasing her all the time is fun but I make sure to not over due things. 

"Anyway, since Mina finished her shift, are we going home now or what?" I asked to switch topics as I see Mina was shy a little by my words and Chaeyoung suprised face as well. While the new girl looking fascinated by the whole scene. "Oh yeah, let's go." Chaeyoung stood up signaling the rest to follow. 

I went to my car while the rest were with Chaeyoung to head to her house.

------------------------------------------------------

After entering the gate, I parked my car and went to follow the rest inside. "Okay guys, make yourselves at home." Wait, is that all? I didn't come her to tour the house alone. "Hay Chae, are joking? I thought we are going to be doing something at least." 

"Don't worry, we are going to do some fun stuff when we all complete." What does she mean by complete? Oh wait,could it be that girl that I saw one time with Chae in the library? What was her name again? I can't remember. "Do you mean that Sana is joining us as well?" Mina asked suddenly with a low voice. "Yeah, I thought that we all need to get together at least one time before everyone move in. And this is a good chance to know each other as well as you get to spend some time with Sana. Isn't that great?" Chaeyoung has a point. It would be fun to get knowing everyone ahead so that we get a slight idea about each other.

Suddenly the door ring and I guess that Sana has arrived. Now that I think of it, isn't there an extra person that we are going to pick up soon? That's mean we are going to be 7 people, is this house ready for this change... Oh I almost forgot Momo haha. That girl, I haven't seen her in days. Is she going to be here today as well? "Hello everyone, did you miss me?" Momo said startling me. Wow, I was just thinking of her. I thought Sana arrived. "I am Hirai Momo, nice to meet you all, old and new. Now I am going back. Bye." She gave an awkward smile attempting to leave but Chaeyoung grabbed one of her hands quickly. "You're not going anywhere. Stop thinking of work for a day for god sake. Don't make me wrap you with the couch all day. Be obedient." She frowned at Chae, "you're lucky that I love you, otherwise I wouldn't have came in the first place. There is going to be food right?" Chaeyoung smiled showing her dimples which looked very cute at the moment. I could tell how those two care for each other. It just that Momo like to play hard to get. "Off course there's food. Anything for you my robot unnie." 

"Yah don't call me unnie, you know I hate it." Really??? Like is that what bothered her right now. I thought for a moment that calling her a robot would actually be more triggering. 

I heard someone closed the door so I turned to have a look. It was Jeongyeon and someone was behind her. "Ms. Sana arrived" It seems that she's taken back by what she's seeing. Her body was shrinking all together from the view as if she's an intruder. I don't think she seems comfortable. "Welcome Sana." Chaeyoung said grabbing her attention. She bowed toward us with a small wave. I think she doesn't feel that she belong in such place like this. It's super obvious to me at least. Let's see how this gathering going to turn out.

To Be Continued... 

-------

Author Note :

I am very sorry for not updating. This month been very interesting for me. A lot of things happened and I couldn't keep up with the story. But I was able to write a little. I noticed that my story has became bigger than what I expected regarding the plot. More mysteries to uncover and still not all characters has showed yet. We still have Tzuyu and Dahyun to show up with their own stories. Not mentioning that even the characters presented right now their stories hasn't been all covered yet. So I am expecting this to take a while to finish. With each chapter I write, I add something to a character because I get excited when I write it. I hope you would be patient with me because my life is full of a lot of things that I can't get ride of at the moment. Thank you for your patience and for all who subscribed to my story.