Bear My Heart A Little More

Warmth Lies Within

Oh boy, I am in my way to meet that girl Chaeyoung. She called me and asked to meet up in a bookstore. 

To be honest, I want to run away right now. To vanished somewhere away from this country, somewhere far away were no one can reach me. To forget who I'm and what I did. To start a new page and new me. But who am I going to fool? That's just impossible to happen. I might be looking as a bad person or even pathetic. Letting people control me as they please without being able to fight them, is what's killing me the most.

When people find out about your weakness, it would be the end of you. My parents being always my biggest weakness. I wouldn't care about myself at all. All that I want is to live a normal life with my family with the little money that we make. But that loan is breaking me big time. Falling in the hands of such people only brought misery to my life. 

I do want to blame them for what they did to me. I know that I can't do that and it won't change anything from our situation. 

After I finish my education, I will make sure to find a job and work myself hard to pay that loan fully and then start taking car of my family. Then maybe, I will start looking for my own happiness. 

------------------

I reached the bookstore and to my suprise, that girl was standing outside with another girl beside her. It didn't take her long to recognize my presence and then she waved to me.

"Hello Ms. Sana, it's nice to meet you again." She offered a handshake and I absolutely accepted it. "Hi," I simply said. 

The girl beside her has a sharp eyes. She emits a strong aura around her. I think she's like a danger detector. 

"This is my Unnie Jeongyeon, she lives together with me and Mina." Oh, so she's her friend I guess. "Unnie, this is Sana, one of Mina friends." I also did a handshake with this unnie here as well. So they all liv.... WAIT WHAT??? They all live together. Are they living in a dorm or something? Or maybe sharing a place together. But this girl dresses to cool for that. I would think all of them from a rich family like Mina. That's weird...

Also, this unnie aura really suppressing my soul right now. It kind of scaring me in a way. 

"Let's head inside, so that we can begin our talk." This girl seems so innocent and free soul. But also sounds professional and has a tone of respect. It's been a while since I met such gentlemen behaviors. I had to deal with people whose no more than a pain to me. Except for Mina off course. 

I followed their steps inside and I noticed that the girl called Jeongyeon was behind us. She seems like a bodyguards to me then an unnie. 

There was a cafe inside so Chaeyoung picked a spot and we sat down together. I was looking around the place and then I saw a familiar figure on the counter. It's wasn't in the right angle for me to get a full picture of that person. Chaeyoung caught me staring and her next words shocked me. "I know what you're thinking and I will make it easy for you. Simply the girl right there is Mina. She's working here in this place most of the weeks." 

I can't believe that Mina is working now. Why? Why in the world she would work when her parents can provide her with the money she need? And in top of that, she was offering to help me with expenses that day. There might be something happening that I don't know about yet. I mean, I haven't seen her in two years. Probably a lot of things changed, but I wonder how big those changes are?

"I am kind of shocked to see her working. But putting that aside for now, I am more curios to know what you're going to talk to me about today." She never mentioned what are we going to meet for. Even though I kind of know that maybe the topic is going to be about finding a place to stay for me when school starts. 

She smiled at me warmly and begin her talk. "You said last time that you need a place to stay when school starts and I said that I am going to help you find one. And I indeed got you the best place for you to stay this school year." Wow, did she really found a place near school that I can afford? That would be awesome. 

"Also, it's the same place Mina and I live in." Oh no please, any place but near them. I can't possibly be seeing their faces, specially Mina everyday without dying inside with thoughts and worries. But in the same time, I am really in need to get a place. Personal matter can't be interfering with my career right now. 

Chaeyoung scratched her nape looking at the table. Is she hesitating about something right now? "May I know where is that place you're talking about and how much exactly the cost would be? I need some specific details about the place."

She took a deep breath and begin her talking again. "So, basically the place that you're going to live in is my own house. And I am kind of letting close friends to stay with me this upcoming school year. And since you're Mina friend and you're looking for a place, I decided to offer you to stay at my humble house with Mina and other friends. So what do you think?" Wait just a minute. It's hard to process all this. I can't tell what to begin with at this point. So, she's telling me that the place the three of them lives in is her own property. And that there is another people sharing the place with them as well. So she got some money's I thought. But still I need more details.  

"It's nice to have friends around living and going to school together. I mean. I have no problem as long as I have a place to stay. But could you talk expenses so that I would have a general idea about the cost." I need to know about all the money talk so that I can calculate my needs, expenses, and loans that need to be payed for my parent's. It will help me to figure how much time I need to work and how much time would left to study in a day. When you're poor like me, you have to calculate each step you make in life. 

"Well about that matter, you don't need to worry at all. Everything is on me. And it's not only you believe me. Everyone who live and going to live with me pays nothing but their own expenses outside the house." So wait, does that mean Mina is living there in the house for free as well wiht this unnie right her along with the owner. There is a lot of things that does and doesn't make sense. I mean why would someone offer his house for friends just for free like that. Even if you're rich, I don't think you would reach a point were you offer your own House for free as a shelter. That's insane. 

"I know it may sound crazy maybe to you. But this is the truth. I don't want anything from you at all. You van live there going back and forth to school with no worries at all. So what do you think?"To Be honest, I would be the crazy one if I rejected such opportunity in my hands. But still, I am not the kind of person who would be this easy going. There is no way I am going to accept such kindness without something in return. 

"I am actually very thankful for the offer. But if I am going to accept it, I have to give something in return, otherwise, I would've to reject your offer. I can't be living free even if it was out of kindness in which I absolutely appreciate it." She looked at me with a 'hummm' coming out of . She probably get what I am trying to say. 

"You know Ms. Sana, the house is big and therw is going to be different things to take care of when everyone settle at the house. So every single one of us is going to be responsible to do something in the house. So don't worry about this point. If that was your only concern, should I consider that you accepted my offer fully." Her eyes were full with hope. I mean, it's a really good opportunity and simply I can't get any other place outside with such conditions ever. Even though it means that I would have to stay with Mina, but my priorities comes first alway. 

"It's a yes Ms. Chaeyoung. I am kind of left with this only option for now as our school is starting very soon. And I wouldn't able to find a good place for now. " Her smile is so bright right now. Wow, it's really remind me of a cub figure. She's so beautiful while smiling. Special, just like that penguin right there.

Out of the blue, a girl approached our table. She seems very beautiful and unique with her style. She also seems very expensive. Why everyone looks so damn rich and beautiful? "Hay Chaeyoung, how's your date going? You just left me there saying that you will be back shortly." 

'A date,' what is this girl talking about? Then I saw Mina storming toward out table. "Hay why you all meeting while I am working here? That's not fair." I don't think she realize that I am here as well. 

Oh great, now she saw me. "Wait a minute, what is Sana doing her with you guys?" It seems that she had no idea that I am meeting with Chaeyoung today. 

"Sana, this girl right her is called Jihyo. She's one of the people who's going to live in the house." Chaeyoung said but it only earned a question look from Mina and a confused face from Jihyo. "Wait, I never said yes to this." 

"Well to late. You're stuck with me chingu." Chaeyoung added. Then Mina jumped in the conversation. "It's better, just let her be Chaeyoung. We can use her room for something else." 

What kind of drama is this right now? Jihyo is smirking at Mina for some reason while folding her hands. "You know what, I changed my mind. I am going to live with you guys. It's absolutely going to be fun." Her eyebrows were going up and down towards Mina. That's so funny. Mina always used to act this way when she feels comfortable around a person. Her personality shows up very fast. 

Also Jeongyeon doesn't seem to mind looking at their bickering on each other. I would say she's enjoying what she's witnessing. I can't blame her though. This picture really warms my heart in a way. I miss those fun days with Mina. 

I wish I could get a chance to have such friendship. To be able to lean on someone and laugh with them along good and hard times. My heart is so tired and empty from inside. Don't I deserve some happiness in my life? Why do I have to suffer like this? I am not sure for how long I can bear this situation I am in. I even don't know what that bastard wants from me. All what I could wish for, is to get enough patience to get all that loan done for. And after that, I would at least know that my parents are in the right track again.  Just a little more Sana. Just bear a little more.