Be My Girlfriend

Warmth Lies Within

On my chair I stand alone

Decided to live a life by my own

Left the place I used to call it home

And I will wait till you call me from that phone

As an Unknown you will be shown

To put me down, away from that misery throne

                                                            by Park Jisoo

 

[Sana]

“Hey, Dad, why you still up?” I was taking my shoes off, my dad is still up, sitting alone in the living room. Taking a look at the TV while I make my way toward him, it’s not on at all. I take it that he’s over thinking again. “Dad!!?” I called again as he didn’t seem to hear me the first time. “Oh hi sweetie,” finally he realized my arrival and responded with a weak smile averting his eyes somewhere again. Honestly, that’s what kills me the most, seeing them in pain and not being able to make it any better. 

 

While offering the biggest smile I could manage I gave him a small kiss on the cheek and settled beside him in the couch. I made sure to cuddle him, demanding to take all his attention. Moving his once static hands filling it with my presence. He looked at me with his tired eyes, “how is mom doing?” He moved his right hand to pat my head, “You know how she could get. Though I know under her smiles, the tiredness is hidden, but we will work through it. Don’t worry about us little kid. Just make sure that you continue your studies and never give up. Your mom and I wish for you the best outcome could be and we would do anything to ensure a better future for you.” He gave a kiss on my forehead while I close my eyes with his attempt. “Now go to your room and take some rest.” I nodded with my head and went up grabbing his hand with me, “you need to rest too, dad.” So I start jumping up and down while his right hand is swinging with me. “Okay okay, I am going,” and just like that, we went together each one to their respective room. 

 

I made sure to go take a shower to relax my body and change to something more comfortable to sleep with. Laying down on the bed and facing the empty ceiling, I find it hard most of the time to drift away to dreams land. Always thinking about what happened and happening at the moment, forgetting to give my brain a break to rest a little. How did all that result in such state for us, everything used to be much easier to deal with before? Well because there was nothing to deal with in the first place when we had the money to meet our needs. 

 

Back in the days, when I was still in Japan with my best friend Momo, we used to hang out almost every day. I would go to her house and sometime she would come to mine for a sleepover. We were inseparable and shared a special bond with each other. Since I never interfered with my family business, I never knew much details other than me visiting my parents when I felt like it. Apparently, there was a new business partner for us and my dad was giving too much trust to the guy. And it went like that until my dad somehow ends up signing papers that ended up in losing our deals. And with the amount of debt that we had because of the guy that ran away, we had to do something regarding the shareholders and the company. We spend all the money we had to try and close the debt but it was huge and everyone ends up leaving us alone in the field to fight. That’s what I understood at the time. 

 

Off course Hirai family tried to help us but my dad was determined to find a solution. So instead, he took loans to solve the issue from a connection that leads to Korea. And before we knew it, we were out of the company issue and drawn in another one that’s much more complicated. The Hirai knew something went wrong but before they could do anything further for us, we were out of the country.

 

With that incident, we all lost a lot of people and confident along the way. And with our financial situation, there was no time for emotional repairs, We had to face forward all the challenges at hand at the time. I was determined to help my parents as much as I can to get us all out of the loans we had. But paying the money never was the issue, the people whom we were supposed to return the money to are the main problem. 

 

My parents found a job that could contribute with the payments, the guy kept pushing us to pay or he would do something bad to one of us or get us in jail. But for sure my family wouldn’t allow such thing to happen, so we complied with their demands. It was going fine at first but then when one day we couldn’t pay, it opened the misery door for me. They tried to take my dad away and I was scared that they might hurt him, so I went instead to face the head. Off course, my family made a scene upon seeing me throwing myself to them, but that wasn’t negotiable at all as they took me right away blocking their way to reach my figure.  

 

Meeting the guy wasn’t as horrifying as you might imagine it since he has a place that surprisingly looks like a normal office. I am not sure if it’s because I am the one who decided to come or it was supposed to be that either way. After some talk, we made a deal, I would be helping him in things without questioning while he tones down his demands. I had to agree to such terms to ensure my parent's safety, and for myself, I could care less to what might possibly happen. 

 

At first, I was scared that the missions I would be doing would involve me hurting someone physically or anything from that sort. But literally all that I used to do is being around someone and initiating useless conversations and it actually didn’t happen that often. Though it sounds so simple and harmless, I do know there is something that’s going on behind the scenes that I couldn’t see. 

 

Time flew by fast until one day while I am in the university doing my own thing, as usual, I noticed a girl just randomly happened to be within my sight. I don’t remember a specific reason that drawn me to her, it was just one of those moments where you can’t help but look. She was talking to someone else with her calm smile and composed figure. She looked so peaceful and harmless, and that’s exactly the feeling it gave out just by looking at her. I didn’t give the thought that much attention and went right away to complete my tasks at the time. 

 

After that, I start to spot her around me a lot. No matter where I would be on campus, I would always end up seeing her doing something with someone. One time I even laughed when I suddenly saw her passing me, it was the day I thought that I would finally leave school without catching her figure near my sight. Just like that, I got used to her, and she seemed to provide me with some exciting feelings. I couldn’t tell what to call those emotions at the time, but it was understandable. With everything I am going through, my life looked empty and pointless. Drowning myself in the dark until she gave me some light to move forward to. And that way, going to school become my favorite time of the week. 

 

The girl presence seemed to calm my raging heart with time, a piece that fills slowly the empty holes I carry within and a distraction from the cruel reality. It never crossed my mind that one day I will be stepping even much closer to her. It was that day, the day that changed every calculated step I planned ahead of time knowing that it was a perfect sequence to follow. 

 

As usual, I was heading toward my quiet spot beside the trees that day, it’s my favorite spot when the weather is clear and warm. Math was killing me that day, those assignments weren’t going that well to me so after several attempts, I decided to go grab an orange juice from the vending machine. Before I reach it, I spotted Mina there, she was talking to some girl beside the vending machine so I waited on the side for them to finish because I didn’t want to interrupt. Her voice was so low as always, I never before was able to hear clearly her words. After she finishes, I thought the other girl will leave, but a guy now replaced Mina and that was more time to waste on waiting for them. I wasn’t interested in hearing anything until a name captured my attention, “I just saw Mina with you, what do you want from the girl?” The guy was speaking. It was the day I learned her name.

 

“What do you mean what I want? Just like any other person on campus, I needed her help. She’s really good at her services haha” The girl was mocking her clearly and the guy wasn’t better at all as he follows her in the laughter. “You are still as evil as ever. That’s why you have no friends.”

 

“You are my friend though.”

“Correction, a friend with benefits.”

“Well, that’s the same with Mina as well.”

“No, it’s not, you are all taking and not giving.”

“It’s her fault, she’s such a boring person and you barely could hear her when she speaks. She should be thankful that we talk to her.”

“I feel bad for her, but I wouldn’t want to have a weak girl lol. I would have absolutely made her my girlfriend.”

The girl gasped, “you are a genius.”

“I am?” The guys sounded confused.

“Let’s insert some drama to this girl life, I want to see her miserable for once. How about you date her for real?”

“Hey, my company isn’t that terrible for your information. She would be lucky to have me.”

“No you idiot, I want you to go ask her out and she’s going to agree for sure because she would never say no to anyone. She’s good at giving chances. Enjoy some days with her and then break her heart after. Let’s see if she’s capable of entertaining us a little with some mood swings. I am really curious to see how she looks when she’s angry. Testing her limits sounds so thrilling.” 

 

Then they decided to leave the spot and continue their conversation heading god knows where. 

 

I was so angry at the time with every word came out of their shameful mouth. How dare they think of hurting such an innocent girl like her? But like, what’s even in my hands to do? With all that talk, I wouldn’t be able to help or warn her if I wanted to. 

 

Walking back to my spot forgetting what I even left it for, I gathered my stuff and decided to call it a day going back home. And on my way back, I couldn’t help but think about her. 

 

Then the next days that came I spend it being more observing on campus. I kept an eye on both of those people to see when they would decide to make a move on Mina. There wasn't really a plan to act on if anything actually happened with her, but I just had a strong feeling that kept bothering me to stay alarmed.

 

Even when I don’t know Mina on a close level, I still can’t turn a blind eye on unfair treatment. I hate people like them the most, taking advantage of kindness and ruining people life for desires to fantasy their heart and soul. 

 

I did spot those two people again chatting again one day and I had to keep a close distance to not miss any attempt they might decide upon. And just at that moment when I was following there eyes sight, I noticed that Mina was sitting near in the area and that makes my heart race all of a sudden. It’s clear to me that they would want to do something at that moment and my mind was going crazy because I couldn’t tell what their actions could be.

 

Then I saw the boy moving, leaving the girl behind and he was obviously going in Mina direction. My temperature was rising and I had to think of doing something really quick and I knew that my brain can’t function with all the panic I am having. But what I knew next, that I was in front of Mina in a blink of an eye. I didn’t know how my foot took me there but there was no running away from it. 

 

Mina gets startled with my sudden appearance and I wouldn’t blame her for that. Someone she doesn’t even know shows up in her face not saying a word. I looked around and I noticed that the guy halted his move. Then a voice brought my face again to look at Mina. She cleared to capture my attention and it was successfully done. With a bright smile she spoke, “may I help you?”...

 

And I just stood there looking at her awkwardly and looking again around me. She was puzzled but had a worry look in her eyes, maybe not for herself but for me? I catch the guy on move again and I took the girl hands so fast suddenly that she flinched. I immediately removed my hand, “I am sorry, but could you have a word with me somewhere else please?” She was first surprised but she quickly gave a nod standing up and waiting for me to lead the way. 

 

And that’s what I did, I start moving and she followed behind. I lead her near my quiet place on campus and stopped beside the tree turning to face her. For a fact, I know the other two will follow to see what happened all of a sudden.

 

No one on campus knows me or have an interest in doing so. I made sure to make it that way because I don’t have time to waste with anyone around. I just needed to finish my work and go to my job. It was that simple to follow since the beginning, but soon as I allow this girl to step in my territory, all my routine was crashing down slowly.

 

She was waiting patiently for me to speak, still with her peaceful smile. I was trying to pull something quickly that could save her completely from them but there was literally no option in hand. But then it hits me, the guy wanted to ask her to be his girlfriend, but is she even single? I don’t even know.

 

“May I know if you’re in a relationship at the moment or not?” But then again, I realize that I spoke too soon. I didn’t even introduce myself to her. Imagine someone comes to you, dragging you somewhere and asking about your private life easily like that. My eyes wides at the realization, “ I II-I uhm ..am sso sorry, I should have introduced myself first. I am Sana, Minatozaki Sana.” She giggled upon seeing my frustration, “Mina Myoui, nice to meet you Sana-Chan and to answer your previous question, I am not in a relationship yet. I am normally shy around people, but it seems natural to talk to you somehow, maybe because I realized that we both from Japan.” 

 

I was actually very shocked, first for the fact that we both from Japan because she doesn’t look like one at all, and secondly for the way she gets comfortable around me really quick. “Oh, I actually wouldn’t have guessed that you would be from the same country.” She nodded in agreement, “ I get that a lot, I just don’t look like one. But may I know why you’re asking such a specific question like that?” 

 

That was her nice way of confronting me I guess, I mean if it was me, I would completely get creeped out. But then I thought, I could be just normal act normal about the matter, “is it safe to assume that you might have some interest in me?” I was taken back by her words, what am I going to answer that.? “Do you want to be my friend? Or is it something else perhaps? Are in trouble and need help regarding anything? I can help you if I am capable, don’t be shy about it. I love helping whenever I can.” Her expression was changing from confusing, worry and then reassurance that it’s okay to share my thoughts.

 

It’s just unbelievably how caring this girl seems. I took a solid 2 minutes thinking and she knows that there is something going on in my head and waited patiently for me to proceed. After all the calculations I have done in my head regarding the situation, I only came up with one solution and it seemed the safest but irrational out of all that I thought of. “Would you be my girlfriend please…”

—————————————————————————————————

 

[Chaeyoung]

 

“Mina, you ready?” I yelled from the living room checking to see if Mina finished with her preparation to go ahead and leave the house. We still need to pick up Momo and Sana in our way. Also Jihyo will be joining us as well as Dahyun and Kyungwan. It’s more logical for Dahyun to pick our bunny because she’s her actual bodyguard. Off course no one know about this other than me and Jeongyeon as its considered sensitive info regarding her safety. While Jihyo will be going on her own when she finishes her work. 

 

“Yeah I am ready.” Mina were coming down the stairs in a hurry. “Hey carful Mianri, we don’t need any possible injuries to occur T-T,” she pouted at my words, “you were the one who’s rushing me.” 

 

“Eh!!! I was just checking on you though,” and now I am the one pouting. We both looked at each other and then burst out laughing. “Alright, alright, let’s go out because Jeongyeon been waiting outside for long enough.” She moved beside me and then we start heading to the car where unnie is waiting. “Today you will get to meet my friend that I used to hangout with along my journey in United States.” I said with so much excitement in my voice. “You seem to really treasure her.” 

 

Oh yeah, my tall Yoda was my only friend in the years I spend away from Korea. Her company is really lovely and savage in the same time. I nodded confirming her statement and this is were Jeongyeon opened the door for Mina to get in while I went to the passenger seat beside Unnie. “Oh you don’t have to do that Unnie,” I heard Mina saying, sometime I can’t control Joengyeon gentleman behavior. Good thing it’s considered in that category and not as a bodyguard behavior. 

 

After we made sure to buckle up our seatbelts we headed to our first destination. Since Sana wanted us to pick her up from the bus stop, it was easy to go for her first before we head to get Momo. Within ten minutes we were near the bus stop as I spotted Sana standing on the side checking her phone. I pulled mine immediately and texted her as Jeongyeon parks near the bus stop on the side. At some point she lifted her head looking and it took her couple of seconds to spot the car and start walking toward us as I was waving from the window to catch her attention. 

 

“Hey!” She greeted and I could tell that she sounded very tired from her voice. She entered the care and put her seatbelt, “good afternoon, more like good night to me,” She yawned while covering . Is she joking now? That’s new. “Sorry, I know you probably have work, you could have declined my invitation you know. I would rather you be home and taking your time to rest.” At this point, Jeongyeon was heading toward my parents company to get Momo. “Oh no, please don’t mind me. I would like to meet our final roommate to get familiar before we all move in together.” Then she turned her head to look at Mina, and suddenly she raise a finger pointing it at her, “not mentioning this penguin would have spammed me with questions on my phone to why not going and all that jazz.” She adjusted her position to lean completely on the seat while letting another yawn escape. “Hey! I wouldn’t have done that.” Mina fired in sounding upset with the accusing. With that, Sana turned her already laying head on the seat to face her with one raised eyebrow. “Would you like me to remind you how you used to text me before?”

 

Mina didn’t look at Sana after what she said and that made the latter smirk, “I thought so.” And that was the end of the discussion, indeed very interesting. “I didn’t know that you guys could bicker like that. That’s new. I guess I would have to learn more about everyone when we get to live together.” I thought no one will say anything after me but Sana did, “oh trust me, this quiet one is a whole teasing ball, you would need the right person to force that power out of her.” She chuckled talking about Mina personality, I guess there is a lot to discover about her and I have all the time in the world to wait and see. I let a smile bloom in my face on just the thought of it while looking through the mirror at Mina, and she was offering me a shy smile as well. 

 

Our talk get cut when my phone start ringing, I looked and it was Momo calling me, so I picked up immediately. “Hey Momo, we are in our way to you. So be ready to get picked up. I won’t be accepting any excuses and you kn…” Then she could me in the middle of my rush, “wait wait wait, let me speak first you smol bean. I will be coming don’t worry, just go straight to airport and I will follow shortly after. Listen cub, I really need to finish those reports and I will be quick, so just spare me some time and I promise to be there, okay?” I would have argued further if I wasn’t already familiar with her tone. “Alright unnie, we will be waiting for you. Update me when you are in the way.”

 

“Alright cub, I will. Be safe, bye.” And she hang up, “Unnie, you could go ahead to the airport instead, Momo will follow after in her own.” Jeongyeon nodded and took another direction to go toward our destination. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

[Dahyun]

 

Jeongyeon has informed me with the new friend arrival in the airport today and so I would needed to go pick up Ms. Kyungwan from her house. Her parents already knows me because we have met before and discussed the situation of their daughter. Her case is very sensitive, and I am required to be around her all the time and intervene when it’s necessary. Until now, nothing really have occurred that could be considered a threat to her life, it’s all been so quiet and normal, which is what we all hope and wish for her. I know almost everything about the situation she’s in and I know at some point, things will go wrong and out of control as soon as she get any contact with the past. 

 

But now, my role been changed a little, instead of watching from distance, I will be entering her life slowly and naturally without necessary exposing my real identity. It’s easier to watch her that way and protect her when needed, so right now I am in my way to her house to pick her up. From our last meeting, we all exchanged phone numbers so it was easy to contact and inform about my arrival to head to the airport today together.

 

I reached the gate and stopped on the side to text her to come outside, but before even opening my phone, I saw her coming to my view after closing the gate. She looked very shy walking toward my car and I unlocked the door for her to get in. Before she stepped a foot in the vehicle, she gave a small wave and smiled timidity toward me with short eye contact between us. I really hope this change would bring herself out freely, it’s clear how being lost in life could effect her behavior and I can’t blame her for that. Living two years away with not much interacting with similar age peers or knowledge about what happened before that period. 

 

“You ready?” I made sure to talk in calm and assuring tone, I just can’t help it around her as I could only find myself gentle and careful to not break her by any means. I need to make sure that she trust me enough to share he worries in future if anything occurred out of ordinary. When I ma responsible of someone life, I go all the way to protect them, and with her, I with her case, I am so determined to look after her but now much closer. 

 

She nodded and that was my cue to start driving to the airport. The trip was so quiet and just filled of car voices driving by and random horns coming out of vehicles occasionally. I didn’t say anything just to give her the chance to lead a conversation if she felt like starting one. And I actually didn’t expect her do begin one that soon, “I am sorry, it must be boring driving with me.” God no, why is she apologizing? “Oh no, I love serenity, its just so calm, peaceful, and untroubled.” I noticed her eyes getting bigger in size giving me a quick glance after what I said and her face is more relaxed somehow. “Are we getting anyone else in our way?” He vision now is focused on her lap. 

 

“Not really, we are heading straight to the airport, everyone should be in their way there.” She nodded in acknowledgment. “It make sense, we all can’t fit obviously in one car.” She opened the window on her side and let the air enter and meet her face. Her hair start dancing to the pressure that the wind created and it just made the atmosphere more easygoing. I let her embrace the moment without interrupting until she turned my side fast all of a sudden, “can I open the radio?”That literally gave me a hard attack, she turned so fast my way but her puppy eyes that showed up while asking melted my heart quickly. “Do whatever you like, we will take some time to reach anyway.”

 

And just like that we spend the rest of the way listening to whatever that radio station has to offer while humming through the sings lyrics together. 

 

—————————————

 

[Chaeyoung]

 

We are already in the lobby waiting for my Tzu to finish her papers and get out. I should get a notification when she finishes so that we could spot her easier. While I was looking around I saw Dahyun and Kyungwan walking toward us, so I waved my hands to acknowledge them and Dahyun waved with enthusiasm while the latter gave a small shy wave toward us. “Glad to see you guys again. Thank you for coming.”

 

“It’s nothing to mention since we all going to be close soon, right unnie?” Dahyun asked Kyungwan and she nodded to her words. Then I saw this bright kid jumping on Jeongyeon. “Unnie ~~~,” and I saw how Joengyeon face got annoyed all of a sudden and tried to remove her grip. “Can’t you just let me breathe for a little.” Dahyun let go and pouted on her face, “I have left you all this time and that’s what I get?” Joeng shrugged and mouthed ‘whatever’ while trying to move away from her. But then she halted her movement when she noticed that Kyungwan was exactly at her other side. 

 

The pose there was priceless, I wish I could take a picture for her, she literally malfunctioned for a couple seconds then she recovered by going back to be under Dahyun grip. I wonder if she has an issue meeting new people out of her job zone, but like that wouldn’t make sense in a way because she seemed very composed around everyone else. I can test my theory when Tzuyu comes… Yeah, that’s a good idea.

 

I looked at my phone clock, Jihyo and Momo still not here yet and I didn’t receive any updates from them. I kept going back and forth waiting, Mina and Sana were sitting on the benches while the rest just standing. 

 

“Hey, why are you guys shaking?” I was looking at Mina and Sana. They looked at each other then Sana spoke, “I think you are the one who’s shaking Chaeyoung.” I saw Mina chuckling and so I looked at myself and then realized that my phone is vibrating in my pocket. “Oh yeah, that’s true. I forget that I did that so that I could notice the phone if Tzu messaged me.”

 

And it was indeed her, she said that she’s in her way out and so the excitement just jumped in my soul. “Guys, she’s coming, let’s walk a little toward the exit.” It didn’t take 5 min to see her out with her luggage spotting me immediately, waving her hands my way. I ran to welcome her with a warm hug. “Yo I missed my tall Yoda.” She chuckled, “I missed you too dwarf, it was easy spotting you since you are small.” This kid, I guess it’s only fair. “I will let it slide for today because you just arrived.” We both chuckled on the silliness. Then I took her a little forward to introduce her to the rest of the group.

 

“Guys this is Chou Tzuyu, my best friend that I meet while living in the U.S., she’s could be savage but she’s soft I assure you.” They all bowed a little to greet her, “Tzu I will tell you their names and save time, first this is Mina, she’s a family friend and mine as well.” I saw Tzu giving me a weird look with an eyebrow raised, “what do you mean by ‘mine’?” Oh…. OH.. “Oh no I meant like she’s my friend as well, anyway let’s move on, this person with the bright smile is Dahyun, to her right is Sana and to her left is Jeongyeon. Then we have our unnie Kyungwan, there are still two people that should have been here but they are busy people after all.” I am kinda sad that they didn’t show up yet, “a pleasure meeting all of you, I hope we could make fun of her in the future together.” I nudged her playfully and we all laughed. 

 

After the little talk, we walked with Tzuyu to help her with the luggage, while in our way approaching the exit, I spotted two familiar figures, it’s for sure Momo and Jihyo coming our way. 

 

—————————————

[Jihyo]

 

Oh no, I am really going to be late at this point. There was really a lot of work to go through today. I am glad that I was able to seal the deal with the new company, that’s actually a big win for us. It's a successful Taiwanese investor and it was a shock for us to get such a proposition. But anyway, now I really need to RUNNNN~~~

 

Oh man, I am super late, I think if I press on the gas, I might make it. Literally, I am running down to get my car, I have the security prepare it for me in the front door. “The keys.” One of my security had the door open for me to get in and I told the other one to throw it to me and he did. I thanked both as they give me a bow and I flew toward the airport immediately. 

 

I am glad that there is not much traffic right now, I think everyone is home by this time and the rush hour almost done with for the day. Thankfully, it didn’t take me long to reach and so I left the car near the front entrance. I might as well volunteer to get the girl to be in my car to drop her off as an apology for my late arrival. 

 

I entered the place and start looking left and right to see if I could spot any of them. After a couple of tries, I was able to spot Jeongyeon and so without a second thought, I start running toward them. I could see the rest clearly and Chaeyoung is talking to a tall figure, I am assuming it’s the girl we came for. I was about to wave there way but I stopped halfway after what I saw. My moves slowed until I took a complete halt midway to them. It was just a slight shift that the girl made which made her a little clear to view from my side.

 

Is that... Her?! Am I seeing things? It’s the same face... Height ..... And the expression that she makes normally around people. And is she laughing? Did I use to see that even on her face before? What should I do? I...

 

No, I can’t do this, I am not ready to see her or even talk to her. Being that close? I barely ever did before. And never thought I would ever get the chance to feel it a second time. I need to run fast before they see me. I think I would lose myself if I get any closer than this. My heart wouldn’t take it, bear it or be able to deal with it.

 

I took a couple steps back before turning completely to fasten my pace.

 

But something stopped me, more like someone. I felt a hand wrapped around my neck spinning me completely to face their way again. I looked to my right and it was none other than Momo. “Where are you going? It’s this way,” she gestured her head toward their direction and start dragging me with her to them.

 

I was so confused and scared at the same time. With each step closer, I felt my heart pick up the pace. I fear that I might lose consciousness at any moment. But Momo next words took me by surprise and made me a little less anxious. She whispered in my ears, “I am not sure what’s happening, but don’t run away.” How did she know that there is something wrong with me. 

"Hey guys, I grabbed a lost sheep in my way, she almost went the wrong direction." I was standing there with them awkwardly. "More like a lost train tsk," that was the penguin who spoke, she's being brave these days. "Easy there penguin, I just arrived. Would you like me to start as well." I moved my eyebrow up and down to . "No no no, I take it back."

"I thought so," and we all chuckled and it made me feel a little lighter now. "You never learn Mina, why enter a battle that you will clearly lose?" Sana said shaking her head. " You won't know the result unless you put up a fight."


The atmosphere becomes a little heavy after what Dahyun said. They both looked at each other in the eye, and I could tell that Sana was trying to figure something by the way she was staring at her. Dahyun had that bright smile in her face while Sana just looks deep in thoughts. 

 

"Ooookay, so that's the new face we are having in the house?" Momo pulled everyone out of that silence and now I am back again to panicking. Why? Why my heart has to be this weak for her? Okay, as long as I don't look at her directly in the eye, I should be fine.

 

"Oh yeah, that Chou Tzuyu." She bowed to both of us and I had to keep focusing on Chaeyoung because if I don't I might pass out. "Tzu, this is Jihyo and that's Momo. Note that everyone here is older than you, so be a little considerate please and you know what I mean by that." I saw her shrugging, "I can't promise you anything."

 

Yup, that's her indeed, she says and do what she want according to what makes sense to her. That's how she is, but I know how soft and kind she could be no matter how tough she might seem to others. 

 

"Shall we go back home and continue our talk there?" Chaeyoung suggested and we all nodded. "Great and since Jihyo car is the nearest one, I suggest we let Tzuyu ride with her while we go get our own cars. What do you think Jihyo?"

 

You. Are. Kidding. ME... Why did I have to leave this stupid car in the front, if I wished for something else it wouldn't have happened, but of course this one would. "Oh... yeah, sure, absolutely, let's go." I took a quick glance at Tzuyu and then turned to face the exit moving robotically. "Are you going to keep your hands around my neck? I need to breathe please." 

 

Momo laughed and untangled me, "your wish is my command." Then she winked my way, "from where is that coming from?" I start walking with her and the rest following while helping with the luggage. "Last time I remember you beating me up in the tent while sleeping next to you. God, it was a nightmare." 

 

"Come on, it wasn't that bad," I looked at her with my done face -_-... "Okay maybe it was a tiny bit painful experience, but it's not like I did it on purpose." I turned my face to look at Chae, "please tell me that I am not going to sleep with her in the same room, please." I was pleading at this point, "I am not sure to be honest." Chaeyoung was hesitant, I have a feeling that she considered it. 

 

"Okay, that's it. Today we are deciding this mess because there is no way I could waste my sleep for a gym session in the middle of the night. Let's hurry." I opened the trunk as soon as I reached the car and I had to use the back seat as well to put one bag there because it couldn't fit. 

 

"Alright, everything is all set, let's go guys. And you two, we will meet you in the house. If you reached first, just wait for the rest of us to come so that Chae could open the gate." I nodded to Momo and that was their cue to start leaving. 

 

I watched them disappearing from my sight, Tzuyu was behind me in a few inches away. Because I didn't have the courage yet to fully look her in the eye, I just told her to get in the car without glancing her way and just headed to the driver seat. I felt her stares on me when I was already in and she probably hate me by now. Imagine someone that keeps ignoring you with the first meeting like the way I am doing to her. That's the least she could feel I guess. Though the word hate, is a little too much, I would say she does not like me at this point, though I know she wouldn't be unfair, she will dig for the reason for sure. After a couple of minutes of her staring my way from outside while I am readying the car, she went to the other side and get in the passenger seat. 

 

There was a lot of noises around and when I looked at her she didn't have her seatbelt on her yet. "Aren't you going to put it?" I asked because we need to get going. "Put what?" I know she's staring at me, I can feel it. "The seatbelt, " I answered hoping that she heard me because it was really chaotic at this moment. "I can't hear you." Well I can't keep pretending that the street is the most interesting thing at the moment.

 

I sighed from the situation, I guess I have no choice. I leaned her way and grabbed the end of the seatbelt making enough distance away from her body buckling it in the right place. Before I pull myself back to my spot, she spoke and her next words made me widen my eyes. I mean I shouldn't be surprised, she's always been the kind to be straight forward about her feelings. "Why can't you look me in the eyes?" 

 

I went back slowly to my seat, turned the car on and start driving to Chaeyoung house. "There isn't an ill intention behind it, I just need time to get used to you being around I guess." I waited for her to answer but she was just eyeing me, more like observing. 

 

At some point, I felt her gaze moving away and it was that moment I felt I could breathe again. "Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. It's my way of learning about other people habit's and personality. It's a step to get to know you." If I didn't know her before, I would have thought that there is another reason behind her question. "It okay, I should also be a little more upfront like you regarding my feelings."

 

"You sound like you have known me before." Did my words really indicated that? "Well until now, you were speaking your mind frankly with no hesitance in your voice or act, So it's only fair to assume that." 

"Fair enough."
.
.
.
.
.

"You seem very close to Momo unnie," it's impressive that she get to remember unnie name. "Your memory is incredible. I would need probably couple of extra meeting to remember a group of people names." I guess she's asking out of curiosity. "I am good at remembering names and faces even if I met them for one time." Does she remember my name in that case?


"You didn't answer my question yet Jihyo unnie." Oh she did remember, I think she just made me smile. "Back there she had you in her grasp and was really close. Does it seem the way I am thinking?" Oh she's speaking about what happened between me and Momo. "And what are you thinking exactly?" 

 

"I am not trying to assume, I am just trying to learn as much as I can about all of you." I starting to get confused, but I don't mind answering her question at all. "If you are wondering if there is anyone in this group that actually together, then the answer to that is none. Though you could observe and tell me yourself later." I laughed a little because what I saw so far, it's just very interesting to follow up upon to see what might actually bloom out of it later. Especially after what happened back there with Sana and Dahyun. Someone is hiding something for sure, but like who doesn't anyway. 

 

"So you are interested in one of them." Why coming back to me again. I wouldn't want to reveal much about myself yet. "Nope, not in this way for any of them."

 

"But you do for someone else outside this circle, right?" Why is she so insisting on me, "why do you seem to care?"

 

"Because I am curious to know."
"But you could have asked about another person."
"But you are the only one right now with me to ask."

 

I sighed deeply because it start to annoy me to be honest. No no no, I need to calm down a little. Is she doing this on purpose to get on my nerves? But why? I don't remember her being like that with anyone especially if she doesn't know them. She like more to observes than middling in someone else life.

 

"Why are you pretending that you don't know me..."

 

To Be Continue...

 

-------------

Author note:

I am not dead yet, sorry that it toke me a long time to update, but I couldn't do it before no matter how I wanted to make time for it. But now you get a chance to see how Mina and Sana met each other. There will be more flashback about them though and other characters. Let me know what do you think of their meeting.

Also finally you get that Jitzu part though I left you hanging there. The poems are always important because they speak about actual events and feelings that happened. So that one I have as an intro is serving the same purpose. You will see that as well in future updates. It speaks for the past and it will get explained later in the story. At least that  goes to the ones that will serve as intro. 

What do you think about a Jitzu at the end? I really would like to know what do you think so far of the development.