Lost in You

Warmth Lies Within

Author Note: This is Jitzu meeting back in two years ago before they met now. I had this done for a while but couldn't continue on top of it in present time. I am very confused at the moment with my ideas. I just decided to give something in the meantime until I could sort things out. I just don't want to give up on this yet just because I don't like my writing style. 

---------------------------------------------------------

[Tzuyu]


Despite living in a wealthy environment and holding a big power of control over a lot of lives whether, in business or outside, none of my family members hold any greed or ill intention to harm anyone around us. As unbelievable as it may sound like, but we are reasonable human beings just doing our jobs and appreciating hard work. 

This is exactly where I took my personality traits, from being surrounded with that kind of mentality, being fair and knowledgeable enough to give the best outcome possible. I carry those thoughts along my way in any kind of situation and anywhere I am in. And this is exactly why they refer to me as a robot as I only function according to a certain knowledge that I gained from being around my family.

Our company is centered in my hometown, in Taiwan, as we conduct all kind of technical support for our clients. Technology is really evolving through the years and we took advantage of it as an opportunity for a long-lasting business in the industry. 

After years of success, we were able to get different branches that we established outside the country, one of them in Korea. And that's why one day my parents decide to send me there to keep an eye on that company, learn from it and continue my studies. 

Being there wasn't that much different from being in my hometown. I used to be surrounded by idiots (and I am sorry to use such words to describe them) that keeps on sticking around me to gain my interest just so that they could gain attention. And that includes everyone with no exception whether it's my age or higher. I could sense their desires form miles away. 

But I never really allowed anyone to get close to me no matter how they tried to pursue. In that way, you would figure that I had no friends whatsoever with such disappointing surrounding. But there were some nice girls that I meet along the way, they used to accompany me around campus whenever I am struggling. 

Don't forget that language was an issue as I had to learn it from zero knowledge and it wasn't an easy task while trying to ace your classes along with a company to look after. But I was somehow managing with the help of student council members. 

I was always thankful for the president of the student council as she would always make sure to send someone to look after me. It really helped big time to learn and get used to the language. Having such students around to help others was a blessing and I couldn't find a way to thank them for their hard work despite the other workload they carry. 

At some point, someone pointed out that their tasks are nothing compared to the one that the president carries. While they are assigned to one student to look for, she was responsible to check on every other one progress in school and to track it while taking the necessary action depending on the issue.

It was the first time that I gain interest in a person life. Starting to wonder how she looks like and what else she does to keep her academic success along with her other tasks in hand. A half year went by and I couldn't believe that I didn't have a chance to meet her and even if I wanted, the way I planned my schedule was too tight to allow it. 

Until one day it happened, I was already handling my communication well and had less time to spend on it compared to before. I was just walking to my other class in a different building and I spot her talking to other members and giving instructions. I was only able to know who she was because someone called her "president" and that was when my head snapped toward their direction. They had this tiny scarf that's tied to the right hand. It really stands out and defines their roles across the campus.

I didn't realize that I stopped my movement at the time because I was so consumed in watching what she's doing. It was a busy day for them because there was an activity planned for the students to get a little away from school work stress. 

That day, I think it was the first time that I thought that someone looked beautiful doing their tasks. Like such thought about people never crossed my mind, but from just the first glance, I felt something changed within me. Something I couldn't find either a name or explanation to justify what I was feeling at the moment. The way she moves and talks, her voice was really loud and clear for the ears. Regardless of the foreigner emotions, I let myself to be drowned and allowed my heart to feel for the first time.

It's not like I wasn't aware of something that called love since I already love my family and work along with anything that catches my interest. But when it comes to that romantic corner, I like to be ignorant in that field, not like I ever experienced it before anyway. I count it as a waste of time and emotion since I am still young to think of my future yet. Again I am just a reasonable person but never unfair even to my own self. But I guess being aware wasn't really enough to prepare me if it ever happened because at that moment I was completely lost for words to describe those sensations. Later on, I was so disappointed to figure that out, to figure her out, to know that I was too late to realize what those feelings were. 

Another thing I noticed that day is that it was not actually the first time I have seen her. She used to be around me a lot, but I just never knew who she was. Even though I wanted to stay more to watch her, but I had to leave the scene quickly because I had to catch up to my class.

Later on, I kept thinking of how to approach and thank her personally for her hard work. Just the thought of it used to make me nervous, to get to actually meet her in person. It was really strange to be that concerned about meeting someone new. Like the first impression seemed really important, and I wanted to make it flawless and worth her time. Seemed like a job interview to be honest, trying to impress with my presentation, when I never even cared for anyone opinion about me before. 

I remember one time when I was in my class, my seat was beside the window. I was focused on the lecture but a voice pulled me out, one that I would recognize from a sea of people. My head snapped to look down outside the window and there I saw her giving direction to someone but she sounded very concerned. Following her movement, I saw her bend down and pick up something gently from the ground with both hands. When the view was clear enough, I saw a small bird in her palms, she was petting it tenderly as if scared that her touch could cause pain. The scene melted my heart and couldn't but feel more admiration for her character.  

Time went by and the day for my departure came, I could say that I made quite a few friends from the Council members. They were around me that day trying to chat in my last hours before I head to the airport. I was sad to know that I would need to leave them, leave someone I care for other than my family. It seemed painful because I am not sure when I could go back to meet them if I ever get the chance to do it. But there was another deep pain inside, more like regret, a hole that I couldn't full was my limited stay there. Starting to hear the voice of blame within that calls for all the chances I wasted for not talking to her. 

The girls gave me their phone numbers so that I could text them later on. There was four of them to be exact, I was happy to know that at least I would be able to keep in contact with them somehow. There is a small notebook that I carry with me all the time, I had them writing on it with their names so that I wouldn't lose it. While they were on it, the Council president was passing by and we made eye contact for a second before one of the girls called for a name, "Jisoo" gesturing in her direction to come to us. With that, she proceeded to get near until she came into a complete stop focusing on her member. "Today Tzu Tzu is leaving us, you should give her your number and a farewell as well." She handed my notebook to her and she did type her number in it and gave it back to me. "Ms. Tzuyu," she pronounced my name perfectly the way it should be which really got me impressed, "it was a pleasure to have you in our university. You were one of a kind to be that capable of handling your tasks in school and out. I wish you a safe trip." She extended her hand to shake mine.

I took her hand immediately, "the pleasure was all mine Ms. president, I am really thankful for all the help you provided." The warmth left my skin and I felt a kind of disappointment with her hands retreating, "I haven't done anything myself, it was all the members doing. Unfortunately, I would need to leave as I am needed at the moment. I wish you the best of luck in your journey, goodbye." She bowed and I did the same, but I didn't like how this sounded as if we wouldn't see each other again. So I had to say something to gain some hope for a second chance, "let's meet again Ms. Jisoo." She lifted her head up and gave me a gentle smile but somehow it seemed sad to me. And then she left without any other word from her, with every step she took ahead that day, I felt a sudden emptiness drowning me and I didn't like any bit of that feeling at all. 

That day I was determined to promise myself a return to this land, not for anyone but her. I wanted her close, and if possible, closer than how we were talking at that moment. It was paining me to think that I wouldn't get to be around sensing her presence, but I was happy about the fact that I get her number. I might get the courage to message her later on, but this tiny happiness gets lost when I couldn't find my notebook after the flight landed. You have no idea how angry and frustrated I was. The only hope I was holding get snatched away from me and I couldn't do anything to take it back. I did everything to search for it until I gave up, thinking that I might have lost it somehow in that land before my flight takes off.