The Time Has Come

Warmth Lies Within

"YOU IDIOTS!! WHO TOLD YOU TO MAKE A MOVE WITHOUT PERMISSION." He was shouting through the phone call. Then with a big breathe he continued his talk. 

"Listen you thick-heads, what you just informed me with, only means one thing. THAT WE HAVE BEEN EXPOSEDDD. Which means that they already know that someone is watching them. You could have been caught because of your stupid move." 

"Listen well kid and inform your men. Stay away from the house and don't do anything until I told you otherwise. I don't even know how you guys succeeded in finishing her detective mind parents. While you here got exposed easily with their daughter." 

"Anyway, make sure you hide well with your men far away. And don't call me. I will contact you soon when I figure a solution for the disaster you guys brought to our heads." He closed the phone aggressively and walked in his office toward the window. 

"Mr. Son, you suprised me there. You had a daughter that gained double your cautious mind. But as always, I will win at the end." 

-----------------------------------------------------

[Chaeyoung in the library]

I am here with Unnie Jeongyeon in the bookstore sitting down and reading some stories.

Days has passed and nothing unusual happened after what we encountered last time. Even the car that I used to see beside our home, is no longer there. 

I am not complaining though. I am happy with those beautiful days. Also our Unnie is very fun to be around her. 

How to say this? She's just so interesting, it's like you are watching a robot acting around you with unpredictable actions. I find it very entertaining and sad somehow at the same time. That's why, today after Mina work, I am going to take them out to the theme park. Great idea right? We have been in a boring routine for days. Specially me, I haven't seen anything else other than the house and bookstore since I came here. 

I finished my book and told Unnie that I am going to put it back where it was. Also, I told her that she doesn't need to follow me because I will be back fast. After returning the book, I thought of going to check on Mina. 

There just a starnge feeling within me. It's like I feel the necessity to see her. Spending time with her everyday and even sharing tge same room, I feel that strong sense of attachment and I would be lying if I said that I don't like it. 

My feet went heading toward the cafe just with those thoughts in mind. I stood in a corner and wondered my eyes searching for her presence. Then I catched her serving someone on one of the tables.  Looking at her like this, it just gives me comfort. It relax my senses in a strange but lovely way. It's probably how it feels like when having your family arounds you. 

My body lean itself on the wall enjoying the view. It's like every move has it's own magic, dragging my eyes with it along her movements. 

I saw her beaming a smile to one of the customers, and I felt my lips parted smiling with her as well. I love seeing her smiling. It just that I don't see her doing so that much with all days we spend together. I wonder if she can make even a brighter one than this. Making her happy, is what I want. And if you ask me why, I literally have no idea about what the answer would be. All what I know, is that making her happy, brings joy to my soul. I can feel it within me.

Everything was so peacefully going when suddenly I sensed someone beside me staring. My heart jumped miles away the person presence. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you Chaeyoung. Forgive my silent skills of approaching my targets. I just wanted to give you your phone because it was ringing and you didn't take it with you." I took a deep breath to relax my shaking body. 

"Unnie, you took 10 years of my life with your quiet sudden appearance. Who's calling me by the way?" I asked her while she's handing me the phone.

"It said it was Tall Yoda who was calling. But isn't Yoda small though?" I laughed so hard at her question. She's making me cracking with her serious expression.  

"You have a point Unnie. Even I myself don't know how that happened." I said while continue giggling about it. 

Suddenly my phone rang again and it's indeed my Tall Yoda who's calling. I picked it up and before I could say anything, she start talking in the other side. "Yaaa Unnie, why take long to answer, you used to pick up my calls faster than a tiger. Are you turning into a cub by anychance." Then I her her giggling through the phone. I see what you are doing you little. "Oh is that how is it going to be Tzuyu and I thought that you miss me. You know what, I ain't going to visit you later this year then. Stay there alone with your cold and tall figure." I really don't like it when people talk about my height. It didn't use to bother me. But when people kept pointing it out, I start to get irritated. I was about to hang up on her but she spoke loud into my ears taking me by surprise. 

"Wait Unnie, I am sorry, I really am. I didn't mean to make you angry. I was just fooling around and you know that. Please." I laughed a little, it's true that I don't like people calling me that way, but I would never get upset with this Yoda. "Hay Tzuyu calm down. I know you're just messing around with me. Don't worry." I was pretending to hang on her and it works. "So Tzuyu, are you ready for a school year without you friend right here? I bet you will stay at the dorm drowning with your studies. You would wish I was there Yoda"

I thought she's going to be annoyed with this fact but instead she shocked me with what she said. "Unnie, I am actually going back to Korean to continue my studies. So you can't escape me yet hehe." It was such a surprising news. "Wait say what?" Is all what I could say after her confession. I am actually very happy because I am going to see my savage Yoda again. "Yeah Unnie. You know I left only because of the school program, remember? Even though I can stay more, but I decided to go back. I went to graduate with you Unnie." I love my Chewy so much. Even though she's a savage who roast me most if not all the times, she still doesn't hide her emotions toward people she love. "But Unnie, can I ask you for a favor?" Oh, she seems to have difficulty with something. "Sure, anything for my cute dongsaeng. What do you need?"

"Unnie, I can't get a room for me in the dorm because I wouldn't be able to get one on time. Could you find me a place to stay when I come back?" So, she probably couldn't get a room because it was all taken. "And why would I leave my Tzuyu sleeping somewhere starnge when I have my own house open for you? Just come her and I will prepare a room for you to stay in my house, okay? And I won't accept any debate regarding my decision." 

"Okay Unnie, I won't battle in a losing game. Thank you very much smol bean. I am looking forward to meet you again." Aish this Yoda never stops getting on my nerve. "No need to thank me. You're like my little sister that I never had. So just come back safe, okay? Let me know when you reach the country so that I pick you up. Take care until then." 

"I will Unnie, and you do the same as well. Bye." And just like that the call ended. I looked at Jeongyeon and she was doing her own thing, keeping her eyes on the surrounding without even bothering to react on the small conversation I just had with my Tzuyu. 

By the way it still morning because this time Mina shift was earlier than usual. That's why I thought of taking them to the Them Park to have some mood change. 

I thought that's what is going to happen and I never thought that something could come up preventing me from proceeding with my plan. 

My phone rang again, and I thought maybe that was Tzuyu calling because she forgot to tell me something. But then I realized that it was our lawyer Mr. Jinyoung. 

I picked it up fast anticipating what could he wants to inform me about.  " Mr. Son, I called to remind you that we are meeting today in my office to open your parent's testament. Also, Mina should be presented as well in the meeting please. It's your parents wish." Oh man, I was so drown with the stalkers that I forgot about this. That means Mina might leave me. She might leave the house. What am I going to do? "Understood Mr. Jinyoung. I will meet you after Mina finishes her work. Let's say two hours from now I should be there." 

"Okay Mr. Son, I will be waiting. See you then." Then he hang up. 

I went back to my spot and sat down. I spend the time thinking on what might happen after the meeting with the lawyer. I am really scared to lose Mina. 

"You good there?" I looked up facing the voice I just heard. It was Jeongyeon with a worried expression. I smiled at her and said, "don't worry, it's just a family concern. Nothing dangerous as you might think." She nodded and continued her reading. 

After one hour passed, Mina came to our spot without her uniform indicating that she finished her shift and we are good to go wherever we want. 

We went directly to the car and I told Jeongyeon that I am going to drive. And before we get to enter the car, I stopped and faced Mina direction. She noticed and did the same, "is there something wrong Chaeyoung?" I looked into her eyes and shook my head slowly closing my eyes. And then I looked again, "Mina, we are going today to visit our family lawyer for my parent's testament. And he told me that you need to be there as well. Also you already promised to come and hear what's written there in the testament." My eyes were analyzing her expression all the time I was talking. I noticed how her mood swing in the middle of my talk. Those eyes of her, could only show me sorrow.

She hang her head slightly low from my vision and looked at the floor for a second. Then she looked at me again with a smile. A one that I couldn't figure a meaning behind it. "Sure, Chaeyoung. A promise is a promise." 

A thankful nod is all what I was able to pull. We entered the car and  I drove directly to our house. 

"Wait, why are we back home? I thought we are going straight to the lawyer office." Mina spoke after I parked the car in the garage. I unfasten the seat belt and replied. "You need to take a shower to warm you body a little. I can't have you go straight to there. And I have to change as well. We have an hour to spare. Let's go." 

I went out of the car and Mina followed with Jeongyeon Unnie. I stayed in the living room while Mina went up the stairs to do her thing. I layed down my body closing my eyes little by little. I noticed that Jeongyeon stood up and then headed somewhere away from me. She can do whatever she wants, that's what I told her before. She doesn't need to take permission or inform me about her movements. She has her own methods of watching the surrounding. Asking her about every small details might be very annoying to her. My head feels heavy for some reason. That's why I will take a small nap for now. 

----------------------------------------------------

"Chae... Chaey...Chaengie..."  I felt someone shakes me gently. SHOOT I overslept perhaps. God what time is it? I went up fast and straighten my body. "relax Chaengie, we are not late yet. I just wanted you to have some time to change before we go." I looked at the clock in my phone and it seems that I only slept for 30 min. "Thank you Mina."

After washing my face and changing my cloth. I went down again to the living room with my keys. I wore an appropriate suit for the meeting. Glancing at Mina, she wore a neat formal dress, yet so simple. "Minari, do you know where is our Unnie? We need to head out." 

"Oh yeah. I saw her sitting outside the garage alone while enjoying the weather I guess." I see, it seems that she's on duty 24 hours. She's like there around us but she's not in the same time. Just like the wind.

Taking my steps toward Mina, I placed my right hand on my waist offering her to cling her hand to me. My left hand was behind my back and body is bowing a little.  "Shall we?" Is what I said before she gladly cling her arm with mine. She was giggling though and I had no choice but to do the same as well. 

Jeongyeon saw us and she stood up immediately from her chair that she was sitting on. Our Unnie opened the door for Mina while I am dropping her to the door. Then Jeongyeon did the same for me as well. We both thanked her and headed the three of us to the office. 

----------------------------------------------------

Mr. Jinyoung secretary lead us inside the office. 

He was talking on the phone. "Yeah Chief. I will make sure to drop by, don't worry. Goodbye." He close the line and faced us. "Sorry I had to pick this call. Welcome Ms. Son and Ms. Mina. And that's probably Ms. Jeongyeon."

"It's nice seeing you all getting along and healthy. I promise to not take much of your time. Everything is ready in my table. But I have to ask you first. Do you mind Ms. Jeongyeon being here Ms. Son?"

"It's okay Mr. Jinyoung. I see no harm in keeping her with us in the room." I don't see anything wrong about keeping her in the room to hear what's the testament going to say. 

"Great. Now we shall Start the process." 

Mr. Jinyoung start reading my parent's testament carefully to us. I was listening and just the thoughts of them is paining my heart. But I have to endure the pain. It seems that my dad let the Hirai Family to take care of the company until I can manage the work myself. Also it's up to me when to choose the time to start working and learning about the company. 

Moreover, all the properties that my dad and mom owns will be under my name and control from now own. But I have to graduate first in order for me to do anything with those lands. That was the condition. 

I really thought somewhere deep inside me that they will leave something to Mina. I don't know, but I just had that feeling. Then Mr. Jinyoung shifted his gaze to Mina.

"Minari, our cute big daughter. You have fulled our days with happiness since you joined our humble house. After our own daughter left out the country for her studies. You were the sun to warm our house again to bear the longing feelings for our daughter. Despite that, we are greedy for one more favor to ask. It's one wish that we would like to be fulfilled. If you could stay beside our daughter, just like the way you did with us. We would be so much thankful for you. Please take care of yourself and Chaeyoung for us." After hearing those words, both me and Mina couldn't hold our tears longer. Slowly tears start flowing out and even our Unnie dropped a tear after hearing the words. 

Mr. Jinyoung let us grief for a little and calm our soul before he processed to continue. 

He handed me a letter that was only written for me to read. And I decided to read it later. 

I signed some necessary paper work for the documents to be processed as planed. And then I think him and bet our goodbye.  

After that the atmosphere was very quiet. I took them out to a near restaurants to eat because we didn't do so yet. We ate silently and then we went back home. 

------------------------------------------------------

Mina headed to the room directly and I stayed in the living room with Jeongyeon. 

I felt my bucket and pull out the letter. Just like that, hanging in my hands, I kept staring on the letter. Then I saw Jeongyeon leaving my side heading to the second floor. Probably she wanted to leave me alone and I am very thankful for her. She do more than she speaks. 

I opened the letter and start reading it slowly word by words. It made me wish I came back before to visit them. Even if for once. But they knew exactly why I couldn't bear doing that. Then the letter switched to talk about Mina instead. You probably want to know what they said regarding her.

I was shocked to know that her parents died two years ago. Which means she know exactly how my pain feels like. And also, they mentioned something happened before her parents death but they didn't say what exactly it was. Instead, they told me to ask her. And that's they don't have the right to speak about it. They even didn't mentiones how did they met or anything from that kind. Which still keeps me in the dark side for now.

There is one interesting thing though. It seems that Mina has inherited all what her parents has. But she doesn't seem to know about it. They indicated that she been informed but she didn't pay much attention to it at the time. 

One thing that stops my parents from bring the topic with her again is that, Mina can't use any of her parents properties until she's married or at least graduates in three years from their death. In which I don't understand the reason behind such thing. Already two years passed, so that means there is only one year left. Or otherwise, everything goes to orphans and needed organizations. It's a good thing,  but still she deserves to have those lands left from her parents. This start stressing me now.

The last words in the letter what really enter fears into my soul. They didn't even use my nickname to address me. Instead they used my real name which shows me how much serious they are about this.

"Chaeyoung, make sure to keep an eye on Mina. Don't leave her alone and try taking care of her. I know you have a heart of gold and you would never be bothered of her presence around you. You're not the type of person to abandon people and instead you always embrace them. So do the same with Mina. Make her hang in this life longer and help her find her way back to the right track. She will open up to you soon enough when she feels comfortable. I know you have enough patience within you. She will tell you everything about herself and then you will understand her better after that. We trust you Chaeyoung. That's will be our last wish from you. With Love, your Mom and Dad."

I folded the letter and put it back in the envelope. I was still sitting down in the living room trying to make sense of my parents words.

Are they telling me that she might do something to herself if she would be left alone? But why? I mean I understand a little. My parents were beside her when her own parents died which probably help her spirit in a way. Because that what I felt when I discovered that I had Mina in my house after my parents were gone.

Well, I am willing to wait. But I ain't allowing her to leave my side or neither do something bad to herself. 

With that in mind, I headed toward my room and knocked before I enter. Since there was no response, I decided to get in. I looked around the room and didn't see her. Maybe she's in the bathroom. 

I dropped my parent's letter in my drawer and went straight to my bed. 

I sat down there not knowing what to do with myself. Then Mina came out from the bath. "Hay Chaeyoung,  you are here. I didn't hear you coming in." I looked at her and said, "I knocked and since I didn't hear an answer I just went in. It was indeed a long day. By the way, one of my friends is coming back from United States. It will be fun, I will introduce you to her when she arrives."

"oh that's nice. You have a friend to visit. I bet it's going to be fun meeting after a while." She sat down on the other side of the bed while talking to me. 

It went silent for about ten minutes straight because I didn't know what to say more. Just then she spoke suddenly. 

"Chaeyoung..."  She called my name and I turned my face to look at her direction, then she continued. "What are we living for?"

Her question is so deep yet it's understandable to me. I guess that's what's my parents were talking about. I looked away from Mina and layed down my body while looking at the ceiling. Mina was looking at her hands that she's folding together not facing me. 

I can't answer that question for her. Because everyone has different reasons. Instead, that's what I said. "What are we dying for Mina?" 

To Be Continued...

-----------------------------------------------------

Author Note :

There might be some errors but I will come back later to fix it. 

Thank you for reading.