Visitor

Warmth Lies Within

"Jinyoung... They're going to meet today for the first time after two years." The chief has a worried expression on his face while addressing his thoughts to Jinyoung in his office. "I am scared that my bunny might start remembering some things from the past." He gave a heavy sigh. 

"Don't worry my friend. I know what you mean. But, don't you think that this is going to happen sooner or late?" Jinyoung was trying to show him that it's something inevitable and it has to happen one day. The chief looked at him and you can see the saddness in his eyes. "Bu- but, I never thought it's going to be this soon. I... Am just scared of losing her. You have no idea how my wife and I value this girl in our life. She's like a real daughter that we never had. We fear that the day will come were she's going to leave us after knowing the truth. I know that she can do whatever she want but... I just... I...  I just don't know what to do Jinyoung." 

Jinyoung walked beside him to the window and patted his shoulder. "It's going to be fine. You should let her do what she want and you need to make sure that she stays safe no matter what happens in the future. We still didn't find the corrupt, so we should not lose the main focus we are aiming for. Leave it for the time to solve it. Time is capable of doing its magic." 

--------------------

Finally we get to reorganize the house to make more space for the newcomers. The room that used to have my games now is ready to fit two people in it. Also, my father office been removed as well and changed to be a room for extra two people. 

In each room I made sure to put single bed for each person. And where Jeongyeon unnie is sleeping, I added another bed for an extra person there. So overall, there is five beds for five people and my issue now is, how I am going to assign them to those rooms?


My father desk and books been moved into my room. The room is really big, with the queen bed and the desk that I already have in it, there was an extra space to fit the extra desk with the book shelf. It was Mina idea, she wanted me to keep something from my parents scent. That desk that they used to spend some of there time with for work purposes. Still something that brings good memories to me. 

Also, for my games that been removed from the other room, I made them build a small space down stairs beside the garage and they are almost done with it. There is extra few stuff to check before I would be able to move all my games there with even new things that I am going to add to it. 

Today we are going to see our first newcomer and she's going to have a look at the rooms. Though still I am not sure how I am going to spread all of them into them. 

You know the girl that Mr. Jinyoung talked about with me? She's going to visit us today with him. It's more like an introduction meeting so that we get to know each other before she actually move in the next days. 

Mr. Jinyoung talked to me and said that her name is Kyungwan and that she's older than me. To be honest, I was shocked to know her age. But he said that a certain accident happened to her at the time and she couldn't continue her studies. That's why she's going back to school this year. 

Mina knows about my plans and she's okay with it. In fact, she told me that I don't need to tell her anything since it's my own house. But, I consider it our house so I am going to share everything with her. 

Talking about Mina, I noticed how her behaviors changed these last days. She has been more light and easy going. That mysterious face she used to have is replaced with a more understandable look. She's been enjoying her days specially when Jihyo around. The way they argue with each other gives me joy but full me with jealousy at the same time. Why can't she open up to me like that? Even Jeongyeon is getting a piece of it while I am just there watching not getting any kind of reaction from her. Am I really that boring of a person?

"Hay Chaengie..." Mina called me while I was sitting down in the kitchen after we did some last arrangements in the rooms. "Yeah Minari, do you need help with anything?" She shook her head calmly and sat down on one of the chairs beside me. Her hands were on the table one above the other. While her eyes were focused on her hands, she continues her talk. "Don't you think we should do something that we have visitors coming to the house?"

Now that I think of it, after cleaning the house after all the work been done, we haven't ate and we have nothing to service when they come. With me realizing that, I turned my head toward Mina with my eyes opened wide. I took a hold of her hands making her finally face me eye to eye. "Let's go make something." I dragged her away from the table with her confused look at me. 

"Okay, since we have no juice whatsoever in this house and no dessert, we are going to make some. And I absolutely need your help Minari. So let's get to the fun work." Without waiting for any response, I went directly to the drawers searching for flour, eggs, and pulling some oil along with some fruits out the fridge. I also looked around for more stuff that we could use to make a cake. 

All those ingredients been placed on the table. Then I looked at Mina as she still standing in her spot watching me. Her eyes were slightly wide waiting for words to escape from my mouth toward her. "Okay Minari, have you ever get the chance to bake a cake?" She shook her head slowly. "I actually haven't get the chance to be in a kitchen cooking before." Is what she said, interesting, that's actually a good chance. "Great, then let's cook together."  I gave her an encouraging smile, gesturing her to join me.

She walked slowly toward the table looking lost. "Don't worry Minari, we will cook together. That way you can have a slight idea about the process. But you don't need to think of it much, as long as I am around, you don't need to learn cooking because I will do it for you." I was really excited for some reason to cook with her that I am not really paying that much attention right now to my surrounding. 

"Do you guys need some help?" I lift my head to see Jeongyeon walking towards the table. "Unnie, would you like to join us making some cake?" It would be fun if she join us as well. I am not sure though if she knows how to cook or not. "What kind of cake you're trying to make Chaeyoung?" 

Yay, it seems that she's going to help us. "Just a regular cake unnie."  I mean I only know the basics ingredients for a regular cake. I have no idea how to make it fancy. "How about if we make a fruit cake?" Her eyes were scanning all the materials I had on the table. But seriously, I never made a fruit cake before. 

"Do you know how to cook unnie?" She walked beside me lifting her sleeves up. "My dad is a chef. He has taught me to cook different kind of dishes. But I also has my own touch when it comes to food. And since we are having a special guest, why not make it a special cake?" I looked at her and she seems very focused on getting her tools. 

Jeongyeon normally never initiates any conversation, but she was somehow joining our conversation recently and getting a little talkative. I even saw her once smiling a tiny bit. Specially when she sees Jihyo and Mina arguing together. Also, it's the first time she shares something about her private life with us. "Alright unnie, let's do it. What do you want us to do?" I stood beside Mina waiting for some commands to start this mission. 

"Mina, could you please open the bag of flour and get me three cups of it?" Mina nodded and proceed to begin her mission. "Chaeyoung, for you, I need those fruits to be cut into small pieces and get boiled a little so that it becomes soft for use later." Immediately I went to grab a knife and start peeling and cutting some of the different fruits that we had. 

I took a glance toward Mina to see how she's doing. It seems that the bag of flour was giving her a hard time. So I decided to go and lend a hand to help. At the same time, Jeongyeon notice that and moved to help her as well. While she was putting all her power to open the bag, suddenly it opened too much and explode some of it on the table and our faces. 

Now we all look like a ghost. We start to stare at each other faces and then Mina and I burst out laughing. We glance on Jeongyeon and she had a small smile in her face. But for some reason it carries a sad feelings inside. "I guess it's going be a long day." That's what she said before we ignored our faces and continued our mission without caring much about it at the moment. 

Hours passed and we finally finished making juice for everyone along with the cake. Jeongyeon,  cut the cakes into small pieces and made us take a bit to taste. The fruits were placed on the bottom of the cake and it gave it an extra sweetness flavor. It was absolutely delicious. I thanked her after we finished cleaning together. Then we all went to ready our selves and take a shower to clean all the flour that stuck on our hairs. 

------------------------------

We all wear suitable cloth to welcome Mr. Jinyoung and the new girl. I was sitting on couch along with Mina watching some drama. Then I heard our door ringing. And I knew that they have arrived. 

Jeongyeon was outside and he opened the gate for them. I was followed out immediately to welcome them. Mr. Jinyoung came out first from the car and greet us. "Good day Ms. Chaeyoung." I shook his hands. "Ms. Mina," then he processed to shake Minari hand as well. 

Jeongyeon faced me, "Chaeyoung, I am going to be in the backyard. If you need me, just call me and I will come." Then she looked toward Mr. Jinyoung giving respect and bowing before she took her leave. 

After that immediately, the girl came out of the car. She had a long curly hair and a shy smile on her face. Her features looked very calm and friendly. 

"Ms. Kyungwan that's Ms. Chaeyoung the owner of the house that you're going to live in the next few days." She gave a warm smile and I noticed that her front teeth showed and it looked like a bunny.  "Nice to meet Ms. Kyungwan, I am Chaeyoung, and that's Mina. We live together here."  

We exchanged the regular greetings then we invite them inside. The whole time Mr. Jinyoung was talking about some work related and explained to the girl about me and my family business with him. 

"Shall I show you the rooms?" I asked her and she simply nodded.  It seems that she's not the kind of person who talks a lot. Not sure how to explain her personality. You might think that she share some traits with Mina behaviors but I can sense the differences easily. 

Minari might seem as a quiet person but she's willing to speak up and express herself without holding back. While this girl, she seems more like lost kid somehow. Her calm figure and shy movements is full of limitations. And she's extra silent compared to Mina. I could be wrong though. It might be only because it's our first meeting. Maybe when we actually start living together, her personality will open up and shows. 

Since I didn't decide yet whose going to take which room, I let her take a look at all of them and pick whatever she want. Then I made her enter Jeongyeon room since it has an extra bed there. 

Here is the thing, I know she has her own bodyguard as Mr. Jinyoung told me, but she doesn't know herself. So I thought of making this room for Jeongyeon and the bodyguard that I didn't get to see yet. But it seem that the girl is taking a like to this room. 

We are inside Jeongyeon room and it seems so clean and tidy. Also it smells so nice while walking in it. You would think there is no one sleeping her because there was nothing really laying around the room. It's only the necessary furniture. 

I took a glance to see what her facial expressions. She was sniffing the room with a confused look to be seen in her face. Then I notice her taking a deep breath and exhaling it. She stared at air for a couple seconds before she turned around suddenly startling me. "This room..." She said then looked away to walk around the room. "I like it's smell. I want to live here if it's possible." 

Oh so she took liking to this room indeed. I wouldn't actually mind her taking it. Jeongyeon already know that she would have to share it with someone and she doesn't mind. "Yeah, sure. Whatever makes you comfortable. There is already a person who lives here. You probably had a glance of her before you get out of car." She nodded her head in agreement. 

"For some reason, this room emits comfort into me. I feel we are going to get along together for sure." Her smile was big enough to show her bunny like teeth clearly. This unnie looks so adorable. I looked at Mina and we both smiled back warmly at her.

"How about we go eat some cake while chatting more down stairs? What do you think Mr. Jinyoung?" I look him waiting for a response. "Whatever you like Ms. Chaeyoung." 

After we went down stairs, Kyungwan asked me if she could take a look around the house and I told her she could do whatever she want since she's now considered one of this house members. 

She would probably end up seeing Jeongyeon outside. That would be a good chance to see her roommate and have a small chat. Mr. Jinyoung, Mina and I were in the kitchen eating some cake and drinking some juice along with it while chatting little.