Stranger

Warmth Lies Within

After those three days ended, I wanted to go back to my parents house and have some time with myself. I packed my stuff that I brought with me and ready myself to leave the hotel. 

Our company will be in the hand of our partners the Hirai Family. We trust them very well. We are like a real family to each other and there is no way they will stab us in the back in such situation. The head of Hirai Family took care of the company as soon as the news went out so that no one can dare to make any move against the company or try to shake it. 

---------------------------------------------------------

The lawyer told me to wait for him since he has something to inform me regarding my parents.

I was waiting in my room when someone ring the door bell and I know it was our lawyer Jinyoung who came for a small talk.

I rushed to the door and opened it welcoming him to take a seat. He's a trustworthy man that been taking care of our family for years. Also he's already rich as he's a very famous lawyer in the industry and their would be no reason to doubt anything about this man.

I took a seat facing him after I brought him a cup of juice. 

He drank a little before start talking to me. 

"I know you have been only here for three days and it's not long after your parents death, but those matter should be taken place for your own sake."

He took out a small folder and put his glasses before proceeding to read what's written on the paper. 

"This is what your family informed me to do if the date come where they would be gone from your side."

"The paper state that before you can know what's their well that they left for you, you have to wait 10 days for me to reveal it with details. Also that the Hirai Family well be taking care of the company until the 10 days finishes. As I already know you, you wouldn't mind even waiting months for this because the money wasn't ever something that interest you in anyway. But as you can see, I am only doing my job Ms. Son."

Chaeyoung smiled softly reassuring him that she understands already his position. 

Mr. Jinyoung know that she's to tired to speak that's why he took his glasses off and drank his juice fully. 
"Ms. Son, with this being done, I have no more business to say. Also please be sure that I am available anytime you need any help regarding any matter you might need assistance with. With that being said, I shall take my leave. I wish you better days Ms. Son."

"I really appreciate all your hard work that you have done and continue doing for our family. Thank you very much. I will see you soon hopefully. And until then, please take a good care of yourself" Chaeyoung said as she stood up away from the chair bowing with respect for elder.

Mr. Jinyoung smiled warmly before he bow and took his leave outside the room. 

------------------------------------------------------

I didn't wait and directly took my belongings and left the hotel. I had my own car and the lawyer made sure it reaches me before I leave the hotel. I took the keys and drove away to my house. 

It was already late and all I wanted is to easy my heart and reach my parents home. It was a long time since I wondered in the house rooms. As soon as I parked my car I went to my parents room. In my way to it, I took my time breathing the air around me. That smell which aches my heart sending shiver to all my body and full me with tenderness that won't ever be wiped. 

I opened their room door. Everything just like it is. My mom never brought someone to help her with housework, she likes to do everything herself. And this room still as she left it probably. Still filled with their smell. 

As I lied myself on the wide bed hugging their pillow, finally my tears escaped my eyes and rolled down shyly and slowly with that expressionless face I had. 

I let myself feel the warmth of that bed and closed my eyes wishing that I could dream of them and get to hear their voices that I couldn't hear yet. I am already thankful that I was able to glance and see their bodies fo the last time. But God... give me that chance to meet them when I escape to my dream land at night. 

With that I drifted to sleep filled with hope. 

-----------------------------------------------------

I suddenly woke up in the middle of night in a crash sound. As if something fall somewhere in the house but it's near me for sure. 

My heart jumped because of the sound. I left my bed slowly and tried to look around me for something to grab. There might be someone in the house and I have to protect myself well. 

There was literally nothing to grab around me, so I had to grab the small lamp on my parents desk and walk with it ready to kick whoever it could be. What!!! I have no choice, I need to protect myself with all cost. I ain't dying on the hand of a thief and who knows how he would kill me. God help me please. 

I walked out of my parents room and pulled my head to look in the hall for any movements. And I couldn't find anything suspicious. 

Then I pulled my whole body and stood in the middle of the hallway with the lamp. Suddenly I heard a small sob coming out of my room and it terror me with fear. Please don't tell me he's crying while searching my stuff.

I decided to walk slowly and carefully toward my room which literally located in front of my mom and dad room. The door was open and I toke a glance inside searching for the thief but it was so dark and I couldn't see clearly. 

It seems that there is no one there but I am sure of what I heard so I decided to enter the room and take a look inside. I was walking step by step until I was near my bed and felt that my leg touched something. I diverted my vision to look down the floor and all of a sudden my heart jumps seeing a body on the ground with half blanket hanging between the bed and the body. 

I lowered my body while holding the lamp tied ready for any action.
While my face getting near the body I realized that I am looking at a she and not a he instead. 

Is this girl using my house as a shelter and doesn't have a house for her own. Poor girl, but what am I supposed to do? I looked closely and saw her eyes kind of glowing even when it's closed. Is seems that she was crying in her sleep and on top of that she fell to the ground. 

This girl doesn't seem capable of harming me. But I can't let such thing happens in my house. She's a stranger after all and I have to consider all possibilities regarding this situation. 

I decided to leave the room and go grab my phone from the other room where I left it. I made sure to walk slowly to prevent any extra drama to occur in the middle of the night. I would rather keep her asleep, it's the only safe option for now even when it means leaving her sleeping on the ground. 

I finally reached my room and grabbed my phone as fast as I could. While I was trying to call Mr. Jinyoung, I realized that he already called me several times while I was sleeping. Then I noticed that he sent messages as well. So I decided to look at them before calling him. 

"Ms. Son, I am sorry for the late news but I was trying to call you to say it and for you to hear it, but since you didn't answer, I had to write it just in case something unexpected for you happened. In your parents house their is someone living and it's been for a while now. She's called Mina and your parents allow her to stay there in your room with them. I should have told you that in our meeting today in the hotel but I guess I am getting old and forget such an important matter. Please try to calm down and wait till tomorrow and I will come to meet you to talk in details about this matter. Have a goodnight Ms. Son"

Wow, are you kidding me. A stranger whose not a starnger to my parents is living with me in the house and I didn't know. How come my parents never mentioned anything regarding this matter. Who's this girl Mina? And why she's living with my parents in the first place? Well I guess questioning myself in the middle of night won't get me anywhere. At least she's not a thief or a killer. 

But, I can't let her sleep in the ground that I know she's a part of this house.

I headed slowly to my room and stood in front of this girl. I took the blanket away from her and placed it on the bed. I lifted her slowly and carefully on the bed placing her gently making sure that she won't wake up. I putt the blanket on her body fully. Those sparkling tears that's still hanging on her eyes is a scene out of ordinary. I wondered what exactly made her cry. Maybe my parents is the reason, who knows. 

I left her room and closed the door heading toward my room. I lied on my bed and couldn't help but wonder who could this Mina be and how she meet my parents. This is a big deal and I need to know the story. I closed my eyes trying to sleep for tomorrow to come fast and get some answers. 

I still don't know how are we going to face each other tomorrow morning. 

To Be Continued....