Chapter 2

Falling for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol POV

 

 

The week flies by and the weekend arrives quickly. On the evening of the party I drive to an apartment building a little further than the campus. I get on the lift to the 4th floor and recheck the address Joshua had texted me. I can already hear the heavy thumping of the music when the doors open on the 4th floor.

After that, finding Joshua’s place is not hard. I press the bell and someone opens the door for me.

“Oh, S.coups! There you are!” calls out Jun from across the room. He has nick named me S.coups, whatever that means, and keeps on calling me that even after asking him not to.

He walks, more like trips across the room, walking into people and furniture and balancing a Styrofoam glass in his hand.

“Hey S.coups, why are you so late? Ah! See, this is Minghao, my friend from China” he says, introducing the guy who opened the door for me.

“He is a photographer and is ruddy good at it. He is here on a project.”

“Hi, nice meeting you, I am Seungcheol.” I introduce myself with a handshake.

“Hello, it’s good to meet you.” Minghao says in broken Korean, but his accent sounds too cute. How is a he Jun’s friend?

“Seungcheol you are here!” joins Jeonghan. His voice is high pitched and he clearly has been drinking.

“Yeah, I am here.” I humour him. He gives me a wide smile before being pulled to the dance floor by a suddenly very excited Jun.

I chat for a while with Minghao and Soonyoung soon joins us.

I excuse myself to get a drink. As I am walking to the table, I see Jeonghan dash to a room, his face red and expressions distorted. Seokmin runs behind him calling out his name.

I am concerned and turn to walk behind them when someone garbs my hand.

“Let them be.”

I turn around to face Jihoon.

“You probably shouldn’t get involved right now. Jeonghan will be alright.” he continues.

“But what’s wrong? What happened?”

Jihoon sighs, “Just stuff. You know Seokmin has known Jeonghan for a long time. But he did something stupid by inviting someone he shouldn’t have. That’s all I can say, right now.”

That got me even more worried and curious but the look Jihoon was giving me clearly meant that I shouldn’t push the matter further.

The party continues and I don’t see Jeonghan for most of it. A little after midnight people start leaving. I stay back to help Joshua deal with our drunk friends.

Mingyu is lying face down on couch, his legs on Wonwoo who is trying to weakly swat him away with occasional swearing. Soonyoung is somewhere, talking loudly with Seungkwan, while Vernon, who is one of Joshua’s childhood friends, is trying to shut both of them. Minghao is curled up in a ball on a chair and while Jihoon is sitting on another chair with a blank look.

Jun is trying to climb on the table while yelling “I am Wen Junhui. I am the Prince of China.”

“More like ‘Pain in the from China’.” Says Jeonghan, walking into the room. His eyes are red and a little puffy. His face is red and hair a mess. He sways dangerously and I rush to hold him still.

“Hey, you okay?” I ask him. He looks at me, wide eyed. It seems as if he might start crying again any second.

“Hey Jun, get the down from there! Jihoon, I give you the responsibility to get Mingyu and Wonwoo home, okay?” interrupts Joshua.

“Yeah, whatever” mumbles Jihoon. And like that everybody is stuffed into a cab.

Now it’s just me, Jeonghan, Hoshi and Vernon and a very tired Joshua. Seokmin had left already because he really can’t handle alcohol.

“Can you drive? Can you get them home?” Joshua asks me again.

“Yes, Joshua. I can. Now stop asking me that” I reply, looking for my hoodie.

Joshua sighs, “Okay, Vernon is staying over so that’s one less person to worry about. Give me a call once you reach home.”

“Yeah, sure.” I say as I find my hoodie and put it on. Vernon helps me put Soonyoung and Jeonghan in the car. With Jeonghan sitting in the front and Hoshi sprawled on the back sit.

Both of them doze off as soon as we get into the car. Jeonghan's apartment is closer to Joshua's but I drive to Hoshi's place first because it looks like he would throw up any moment now. It didn't take long to get to Hoshi's place especially with the streets being empty at this time of the night.

I park the car and open the door to help Hoshi out. I make sure Jeongha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter