Chapter 7

Falling for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Monday already. There is nothing much to look forward to this week and as autumn approaches I would rather spend my mornings snuggled in my comfy bed than slog through the day at college. But that's just wishful thinking. I start my day thinking about various scenarios where I wouldn't have to go to the college but I dress up anyway, grab my lunch and hurry towards the class.

 

I reach 5 minutes before the class is to start and find few people crowding at the doorway.

 

Did something really happen? Can I go home now?

 

As I slump towards the classroom I find the reason for this commotion.

 

It's Jeonghan, of course.

 

In my bid to find an escape from the classes I had forgotten about Jeonghan's drastic change.

 

My heart skips a beat when I see him looking all bashful as the people surrounding him compliment his hair. He just loves attention, doesn't he?

 

"Someone here is quite popular." I tease Jeonghan with an eyebrow raised.

 

"Hahaha, well someone seems a little bothered!" He retorted.

 

I try to look offended but end up grinning.

 

We stand there with the group taking about something random before the professor finally arrives.

 

The lectures continue at a dull pace for the rest of the day and finally it is the lunch hour.

 

I grab my bag and make my way to the cafeteria when-

"Hey! Wha- Jun! Get off of me!"

 

"Ohh you seem to have a temper today." Jun cooed in my ear.

 

Seriously, how can anyone bear this guy?

 

He finally lets me go with a smirk.

 

"Well, I am sure you wouldn't mind the clinging if it was Jeonghan instead of me." he stated with a serious look.

 

"What are you talking about?" I gulped.

 

Jun bursts out laughing all of a sudden. "Hahahh! The look on your face was phenomenal!" he continues, "I was joking but was I right? Would you seriously not mind Jeonghan?"

 

"Shut up" I say as I start walking. My heart was beating at a thousand miles.

 

I need to get a grip on myself.

 

Jun's teasing continued all the way to the cafeteria. It was a relief when we met Wonwoo on our way in and the conversation shifted to something mundane.

 

As I was sitting at our now-overcrowded table I look around and notice that Jeonghan is missing.

 

"Isn't Jeonghan here yet?" I enquire, still looking around.

 

"No, he is in the library. He forgot he had an assignment due today." answered Seokmin.

 

"Oh, okay."

 

"But it's good that he is not here," whispered Joshua, only me and Jihoon, who were sitting on Joshua's either side, could catch him say that.

 

"And why is that?" Jihoon asked.

 

"So we can talk about something," replied Joshua, turning to look at me.  "Without any awkwardness."

 

Jihoon gave a weird look but chose to ignore us.

 

"Okay. What is it that you want to talk about?" I ask in an even lower voice. I don't think this 'talk' is something I want others to be a part of.

 

"Later!" He quipped before digging into his lunch.

 

My lunch hour was a blur. Everyone was as enthusiastic and loud as always and I laughed along with them but my head was a mush. 

 

What is it that Joshua wants to talk about?

 

The random thought which had crossed my mind came back. Joshua knows about the confession. Somehow.

 

And if that wasn't enough something was wrong with my gut and my chest and me. I cannot fathom the reason why I get knots in my stomach or fluttery feeling in my chest when I come across anything which has something to do with Jeonghan. I knew, to certain degree, that things will get awkward after the confession incident but I didn't expect it to go progressively worse for me. If this continues, I am going to need medication to help me with my arrhythmia.

 

As everyone starts leaving post-lunch Joshua touches my shoulder and gives me a pointed look.

 

There is no escaping this.

 

We wait a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter