Chapter 13

Falling for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am at a party. Probably the Halloween party.

 

The room seems wonky.

 

Am I drunk?

 

The room is packed with people I don't know and the music sounds familiar.

 

I've heard this before

 

This music... It's like my ringtone.

 

 

I wake up with a jolt and scamper for my cell phone. I finally find it on the floor but the call disconnects before I can get it.

 

I yawn as my cell phone notifies me that the call I just missed was the third call I had missed from Joshua.

 

I sit and look around my living room. Yesterday after exchanging heartfelt apologies and promises I offered Jeonghan my bed ... And took the couch.

 

He did insist on taking the couch and even suggested that we share the bed, which actually is big enough for the two of us, but the dream from the other morning is still fresh in my mind and I can't risk any accidents with Jeonghan there.

 

I call Joshua back and he picks up almost immediately.

 

"Where the are you?" greets Joshua.

 

"huh... Home?"

 

"And where is Jeonghan?"

 

"Here?"

 

"Thank god. Do you have any idea how worried I was?"

 

"Sorry?"

 

"You better be! What were you guys doing anyway? I have been trying to reach both of you since morning."

 

"I just woke up and Jeonghan is still sleeping." I say, looking towards my bedroom.

 

"You guys slept together?"

 

"No, we did not! We are not even in the same room so hold that train of thought." I sigh.

 

"Such disappointment" Joshua clicks his tongue, "Anyway, we are meeting at Mingyu's parent's place today."

 

"Why?"

 

"For the after after party. And because his parents are out."

 

"Sounds cool. Text me the address, we'll be there."

 

"Sure. See ya."

 

I sit on the couch with my eyes closed having no will to move. But my grumbling stomach forces me to move towards the kitchen.

 

An hour has passed since I woke up but there is no sign of Jeonghan so I make my way to my room to find Jeonghan snuggled in the quilt, fast asleep.

 

My heart gives a jolt at this adorable view.

 

I scuttle inside the room and crouch down near Jeonghan's face which is half covered by the quilt.

 

I stare for a while, not sure how I should wake him up. A strand of his hair over his eye has been bothering me so I slowly move to push back his hair and in response Jeonghan stirs but does not wake up.

 

Phew!

 

He has pushed the quilt under his chin now and I don't want to admit how long I stared at his lips.

 

I think I am dreaming again.

 

Jeonghan is here, in my bed. Looking very peaceful and perfect with that little pout.

 

If this is a dream, I don't know what is wrong with my subconscious mind these days!

 

If this is a dream, can I kiss him?

 

Jeonghan answers for me. He sleepily opens his eyes and -

 

"Holy sh-" he exclaims, "Seungcheol!? What are you doing?"

 

I feel myself blush as my heart thumps wildly.

 

"No- nothing!"

 

He squints at me.

 

"The breakfast is ready. I was trying to wake you up."

 

"By having a staring contest?" He crocks.

 

"Yes. Are you alright?"

 

He holds his throat and shakes his head.

 

"Sore throat? C'mon I'll make you some soup." I sigh.

 

Of course he is sick! He spent most of the last night outside waiting for me!

 

We sit in silence by the counter having our brunch. This silence is comfortable, just the two of us enjoying each other's company. I occasionally glance towards Jeonghan to make sure he liked the soup and it is helping him.

 

"Cheol. I am fine." He says in a voice which is not at all fine.

 

"I feel guilty."

 

"For getting me addicted to this soup?"

 

I look at him with a pout.

 

He sighs and places his hand on mine from across the table.

 

"You have done nothing to blame yourself. And besides, thanks to your amazing soup I am gonna be fine very soon." He smiles.

 

I caress his fingers with my thumb as I smile back.

 

I can get used to this.

 

Later that afternoon we drive to the address Joshua had texted me. Mingyu's family home is a beautiful estate in the suburbs which is a long drive from the city but definitely worth it.

 

We stop by Jeonghan's place first to collect essentials for the overnight stay.

 

I am helping him pack when he says, "Seungcheol, can I take a quick shower?"

 

"Am I invited?" I wink.

 

"Do you need an invitation?" He grins.

 

A good 15 minutes later he walks out with flushed face and dripping hair.

 

"Here, let me help you." I say as I take the towel from him to help him dry his hair.

 

Jeonghan literally purrs as I continue rubbing his head.

 

"Haha I take it that you like being petted."

 

"Do we need to go at Mingyu's place? Can't we just," he yawns, "sleep here?"

 

"Should we do that?" I ask as I stop drying his hair to look at him.

 

He looks back with sleepy, begging eyes.

 

"You know Joshua will never let us hear the end of it." I reason.

 

"Let's just go."

 

We reach Mingyu's place shortly before 9 and are greeted with rowdy whistles and teasing.

 

"And at last! The new couple is here" mocks Jun.

 

"We aren't dating" Jeonghan immediately replies.

 

"Yet" I add.

 

Jeonghan laughs and shoves me.

 

"Okay love birds you are just in time. We were ordering food so what do you wanna eat?" Soonyoung asks with a bunch of menu and coupons in one hand and a phone in the other.

 

As we wait for our dinner to arrive, I help Seokmin and Verno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter