Chapter 19

Falling for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning I woke up parched and with a mild, throbbing headache. It was nothing few glasses of water and a good shower couldn’t solve. But I wouldn’t say the same for the person swaddled next to me in the bed.

Jeonghan groaned from under the covers he was tucked in as he burrowed himself further into my chest. The warmth his actions fill me with is not something I can put in words! I hug Jeonghan closer and look over his head to the other end of this majestic bed where Jun and Minghao were sleeping last night but had probably woken up before us as they were nowhere to be seen. I place my cheek on Jeonghan’s head and close my eyes, sighing with contentment.

Yesterday, by the end of the party - which lasted way into the wee hours - most of us were drunk beyond our wits. I was a little more than tipsy myself but not as drunk as Jeonghan who probably would not recall most of the party. The events from yesterday come back like a happy dream I keep going back to. I would not have minded kissing Jeonghan all night long if it wasn’t for the chilly gusts of wind which would have left us with major frostbite. Once inside, we spent rest of the night stealing bashful glances.

As the night came to an end everyone started occupying different guestrooms and few of us who were too drunk to care took the couch by the fireplace.

Joshua very firmly announced that he will be sleeping in his room with Seokmin and Jeonghan “Like the old days” and glared at me as if saying I don’t care what is on between Jeonghan and you, but you both are not sleeping in the same room.

And I was okay with that, honestly. I had no intension of doing anything … naughty with Jeonghan even if we did end up in the same room. Not only had I just gained Jeonghan and the rest of our group’s trust but also because Jeonghan was technically still not my boyfriend.

Yes, he is being a tease. Sometime after we got back into the house I quietly asked him,

“So, is that a yes?”

To which he replied with a smirk,

“Patience is a virtue, Cheollie.” And Jeonghan is surely taking his sweet time in testing out my virtues.

After Joshua’s declaration which was obviously aimed at me, the only person who had a problem with me sharing a room (and bed) with Jun was Jeonghan. I stood in the hallway outside the rooms grinning stupidly at my (future) boyfriend who was arguing with others.

“No, Cheollie can sleep with anyone but not Jun.”

“Haha, why are you jealous?” asked Jun, who was equally drunk.

“Ha! You wish”

“So you should not have problem with me sleeping with your handsome boyfriend.” Jun slurred as he winked at me - with both eyes. Seeing this cracked me up more than it should have.

Jeonghan who was obviously super upset and angry by this point walked towards Jun, shoving his finger into Jun’s torso as he threatened him.

“You keep your dirty hands off my boyfriend or I swear to god you will be left with no hands when I am done with you.” He sways dangerously.

“Woah! Easy there!” Seokmin, who was probably the most sober out of us, holds Jeonghan in place.

Wonwoo, who was silently waiting for the drama to end, yawned and stepped in in hopes of ending their argument.

“Okay, alright. Jeonghan would you go to sleep like a good boy if… if Jihoon slept with Seungcheol instead?”

“What?” Jihoon asked in annoyance. He clearly was the angry-drunk type.

Jeonghan considered it for a while before replying, “No, Jihoon already punched Cheol once. He will kill my boyfriend in sleep.”

This was the second time Jeonghan had called me his boyfriend in his drunken state. The sober-Jeonghan is having fun teasing me but I know drunk-Jeonghan already has accepted me as his boyfriend. And that revelation is not good for my heart.

“Like hell I’ll kill you both!” Jihoon yells, “Go to sleep already!”

And just like that we rush into our respective rooms without another word.

Minghao was already asleep in the middle of the bed, oblivious to all the commotion which was going on right outside the door. Jun plops himself on Minghao’s right after roughly shoving his shoes somewhere and he is snoring before I can say Good night. I climbed into the bed on the other side and almost immediately am drifted into sleep when I hear the door opening. I sleepily peek to see Wonwoo entering the room with pillows and a quilt.

I give him a questioning look to which he simply says, “Mingyu kicks in his sleep.”

I nod as he settles on the couch at the end of the bed.

Sometime after that I am in a half dream state when I think I hear the door opening again. I don’t pay it any heed until I feel a dip on my right side and before I am totally awake I am being kissed, desperately.

That sure woke me up.

Jeonghan was almost on top of me as he holds my face tightly and continues kissing. After the initial shock had passed I kissed him back, holding his waist to direct some of his weight away from my chest and on to the bed which was now crowded.

Jeonghan bites at my lower lip and it, earning a surprised gasp from me as I inevitably allow him to explore and further deepen our kiss. Needless to say, my mind was not the only part of me which was awake at this point.

I was pulled back to my senses from the blissful haze by the sudden realization that we were not alone in the room. I frame my hands around Jeonghan’s face as I gently part from the kiss.

Jun was still snoring and I could hear soft snores from Minghao too, who was sleeping facing the other way. I lift my head briefly in the dimly lit room to check on Wonwoo who was fast asleep warped from head to toe in the quilt. Jeonghan was breathless and tipsy which was evident as he tries to go back to kissing.

“Babe, what are you doing here?” I whisper.

He continues looking at me before loudly whispering, “No one will know!” and he goes back to kissing.

I part our kiss again and move my head to stop Jeonghan from attacking my mouth as I try to talk some sense into him (and me).

“Jeonghan, we are not alone in this room.”

This doesn’t stop Jeonghan as he continues kissing the side of my mouth, then my jaw and then my neck. All this time his hand slowly starts moving under my T-shirt. My breath hitches as I move quickly to hold Jeonghan’s hands away from my body.

Oh God, please give me strength so that I don’t get a while sharing a bed with my other two friends!

I manoeuvre Jeonghan’s hands behind his back and hug him tightly to keep him from doing something… anything at all! He begins grumbl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter