This is the Start pt.1

Elevator Girl

"Okay let me get this straight...."

Irene started deeply to what the person was going to say.

"Seulgi likes you. You're pretty sure Joy likes you and you don't know which one you like among the two?"

Irene nodded in agreement, this is supposed to be simple: pick one. But it's not because one's going to be hurt in the process.

"Seulgi confessed yesterday and you called me at 1am to go get on a train to tell me this when you could've just called or texted me?"

Irene nodded again.

"Unnie!! I have a major exam today and you're making me skip it!" Yeri was hitting her sister with a pillow. 

Apparently after the confession last night Irene had so much thinking to do and decided to call her younger sister over for help. So sacrificing her sleep, Irene had to go pick up her sister at the train station.

"I'm sorry but this is important." Irene defends herself as she blocks Yeri's attacks with her own pillow.

"My grades are important too."

"Love life is more important than grades!"

"That is not what you said to me when I started highschool when boys were already asking me out." Yeri says with her best imitation of Irene's voice, "Love is not important right now, focus on your grades because it'll only be a distraction." 

"This is different, you're highschool and I'm already a working adult." Irene gave a big hit to Yeri for her bad impersonation.

"Then as an adult fix your own problems." Yeri fires back and this keeps Irene quiet.

Irene sighs before replying, "Fine I won't ask for your help but I want to know your opinion. Ask me questions also."

Yeri cleared before starting, "Firstly, if I fail my test I'm going to sue you when I'm older."

"Can't see why you can't do that now and you can't because Seulgi's going to be my lawyer. You can't beat Seulgi." Irene shrugs, confident in Seulgi.

"What? When was Seulgi-unnie your lawyer?"

"When she graduates. She did say she'd be my lawyer before."

"Whatever. Second, I firmly believe that you like Seulgi back whether you know it or not. Not that I dislike Joy (not as much as before), when you were together it didn't work out."

Irene thought about what the younger just told her, if she liked someone shouldn't she be the first one to know? She has to give an answer soon because the longer the wait, the more troublesome it can get.

"Lastly, you have to find out yourself who you like, if you even want to be in a relationship right now, and in whatever decision you make I will respect it and follow you." 

The last statement made Irene remember how much Yeri means to her, although they have a very big she gap they were able to fill the void and be very close. They were each other's besties, sisters, and family. Hearing Yeri's support made her happy.

"I know, I know. I have to figure out who I like more." Irene sighs in frustration, she'll just have to visit Seulgi after her class, she was texted earlier by the bear that their class was cut and ended early.

Yeri just gave the older girl a pat on the head making the older girl's worries disappear for awhile. "I never asked but why do I feel so happy and comfortable when anyone pats my head?" Irene asks curiously.

"Oh? I actually don't know, I just know you've liked it since forever." Yeri replies honestly also curious of Irene's response to the certain action.

"Yeah, maybe I just like it. Wanna go with me to meet Seulgi?" Irene asks as she stands up to get ready.

"Nah, I'm going to study and make an excuse paper stating that I can't take the exam and have to reschedule it." Yeri searches through her bag that she brought that contained her school materials.

"Okay, bye then." Irene gave a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

_____________________

Humming through the busy streets, Irene was listening to music through her earphones. She bought Seulgi some coffee before heading to the university. Irene could see the students all leaving the building, she had waited outside the gate. She watched as people left with their friends obviously enjoying their classes being cut, but apparently her appearance seemed to catch many people's attention. Whispers we're being heard everywhere all asking the questions, "Who is she?", "Why is she here?", and lastly, "Is she single?"

But all these words passed right through Irene's ear but a certain sentence caught all her attention. "Did you hear? Seulgi and Jisoo are going out!' 

"What really? Are you sure?" Came the reply.

"Positive. You didn't know? Everyone has been talking about it."

Irene turned her head to however said that and was about to ask the student if it was real but she stopped herself before she could do anything embarrassing or stupid. She continued to stand there until she was able to see the younger girl. 

And there Seulgi was, the doe-eyed girl immedietely smiled. Irene could spot her even with all the crowding students, Irene did wonder how the hell did Seulgi not have a relationship before because if she met the girl earlier she sure as hell would've asked her out.

Wait....

Irene realized she just thought of asking out Seulgi. 

But before she could understand what she was thinking she saw another person with Seulgi and that person was clinging to Seulgi's arm. This made Irene's smile turn all the way around. 

"Oh Irene?! What are you doing here?" Seulgi asked as she made her way to the older girl shocking the crowd around them. Somehow the unknown beautiful girl knows Seulgi.

"I texted you that I would come when you're done." Irene states, saddened that maybe Seulgi didn't know because she was busy with the person clinging to her...still......

"Oh, I didn't check my phone. Sorry." The bear apologized and was given a nudge from the person beside her. "By the way, Irene this is Jisoo. Jisoo this is Irene-unnie." The girl Jisoo who clinging to Seulgi finally let go to give Irene a handshake which Irene returned.

"It's nice to meet you, Seul talks a lot about you." Jisoo says with a smile on her face which seemed to irk Irene. So this was the 'Jisoo' that those students were talking about? And did she just hear the new face call her Seulgi, Seul?!

 

Her Seulgi?

Seulgi's not mine....

What am I thinking?!

        -Irene 2019

 

"Anyways I got you some coffee." Irene lends out the warm cup to Seulgi but before the bear could take it Jisoo cuts in.

"Ah sorry but Seulgi and I planned to go out for some milk tea today." Irene was 100% sure she wasn't sorry.

"W-we did?" Seulgi asks but she elbowed by Jisoo instead so she says, "Yeah we did. Sorry Irene, I can still take the coffee though."

"No." Irene says coldly, shocking herself and Seulgi.

"I-I mean it's okay, if you drink this you might not finish it. Besides you're going to drink something later. I was actually planning to give this to Joy but I stopped by here and thought why not give it to you?" Irene tried to excuse herself but instead said Joy's name and rambled on about nonsense.

"Bye." Irene says as she walks away.

Seulgi wanted to go after her but a hand stopped her, "Is that the girl you like?" Jisoo asks.

"Yeah that's her."

"She's very pretty."

"Pretty is an understatement."

"True. So did you see that?" Jisoo says in glee.

"See what?"

Jisoo rolls her eyes in annoyance, she pinched the girl's arm. "She was obviously jealous."

"Owwie! Really? It didn't seem like it."

"You didn't see the way she looked at me?" The shorter girl's asks.

"No? Oh no, did she fall in love with you?" Seulgi says sadly. Seulgi was thinking of love at first sight.

"No! She was technically glaring at me, she was trying her best not to show it, but she was definitely angry at me for being close to you. That my friend is jealousy." Jisoo was quite happy with what she saw awhile ago, Seulgi has been telling her about how her crush with her suite neighbor and knowing that Seulgi had confessed, Jisoo was scared that the bear would be rejected.

Luckily Irene hadn't answered, so it's not a full out rejection yet. And seeing how the Daegu girl reacted she was sure that she had feelings for her friend.

"That's good right? Her being jealous?"

"Yes! That means she wants you for herself and wants to be with you. Anyways go after her." Jisoo finally stops clinging to Seulgi's arm.

"What but you said we were going to buy milk tea." Seulgi looked confused.

"Oh I'm buying, not you though. I just said we were going together to get on her nerves." Jisoo gives out a laugh.

___________

Seulgi was jogging her way through the streets to find the doe-eyed girl. Running out of breath Seulgi decided to stop by at a bench near the park. She had texted the older girl that Jisoo had something to do so she could hang out with her instead.

"Aishh where is that girl?" Seulgi groans.

But actually...Irene was just near Seulgi. She was just sitting at the bench right beside her.

"Stupid bear. Stupid Kang. Stupid Seul." Irene muttered to herself. She had walked to the park to calm her down, seeing Seulgi going out with someone even though she just confessed to her a few days ago angered her.

Was she lying to her? Was she messing with her feelings? Those students even said that they were going out....

"Am I that stupid you had to say it three times?" A voice interrupted her thouhts. Irene's turned to see who said it only to find the person that she was talking about.

''W-when were you here?" Irene asks.

"I just sat down a few seconds ago and I didn't even notice you until now.... So what makes me stupid?"

"Nothing! Anyways why are you here? Shouldn't you be with your friend?" Irene raises an eyebrow. She tried her best to not say the word girlfriend but instead said friend with spite.

"I texted you but seems like you didn't read it. She had something to do so now I didn't get any milk tea." Seulgi pouts. "Where's my coffee?"

"That's mean, why did she take you from being with me if she was just gonna leave you?" Irene gets the cup of warm coffee from her coaster and hands it to Seulgi.

"It was sudden. What happened to bringing this to Joy? Isn't this hers?" Seulgi takes a sip from the nice drink.

"U-uhh.... She's busy, so i didn't bother trying to give this to her." Irene tried to find an excuse but she was failing because Seulgi can see right through her.

"Uhuh. So you wanted to hang out right? Let's go!" Seulgi grabs Irene's hand and pulls her up. Irene's cheeks redden because Seulgi doesn't normally initiate skinship, it's mostly her, and when she does initiate it Irene becomes a shy mess.

"Yeah.... I promise to find out what I really feel soon. You don't have to wait much longer Seulgi, besides it's not that hard to fall for you." Irene whispers to herself.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________

Hi everyone! First I like to say happy belated birthday Yeri (sorry it's very late) and please steams Yeri's Dear Diary.

Sorry this took long I had to go somewhere for a few days and it was a packed schedule so I couldn't do much. I will update around Irene's birthday or so, so please wait.

Thanks for reading this, upvote, subscribe, and comment. I love you all!

 

Famous Elevators:

The Lacerda Elevator in Brazil, the busiest elevator in the world, transports 900,000 people every month (in 30-second trips no less)