Planning

Elevator Girl

"So this is where I work." Irene says as they stop at the BreadSoft Company building (I forgot what the company's name was so lez just go with breadsoft).It was a large building with more than 30 floors and has green scenery around it. "Nice place unnie!" Yeri chirped. 

"Thanks, anyways I have to go. We need to review the game and recheck everything. See you ok? I'm not sure if I can go home early though." Irene pats her sister's arm while looking sorry. Her time with her sister is limited yet she has to go to work, the sad life of an adult.

'She said home again..... is this place already your home unnie?' Yeri doesn't say this out loud and instead gives of a smile. "It's okay we'll spend time later, this gives me time to roam around Seoul. But later you have to tour me."

"Okay okay. But I myself don't know where to go here, still not familiar with this place, so is it okay if we bring Seulgi?" Irene asks.

"Sure, I don't mind." And with that they parted ways, Irene went inside the building while Yeri went across the street into the cafe.

As she was waiting for her order her phone buzzed.

1 unread message from Joohyun-unnie♡

She pressed it.

Fr: Joohyun-unnie♡

Yerim-ah! If u ever get bored or lonely just call me or txt me ok? I'll gladly ditch work for you hahaha. If you don't want to then just contact Seulgi I'm pretty sure she's free her school starts the same time as you plus I don't want u to be alone.

Yeri grinned as she read the text message, Irene's worried for her. And as much as she loves to know how much she cares she doesn't want her to worry as well. But to spend time with Seulgi? She knows nobody here so Seulgi is the better choice.

To:Joohyun-unnie♡

Okay fine if you say so, I'll be with Seulgi. Don't worry too much about me I'm 19 already. I'm a bug girl! Now go back to work you don't want be scolded, ttyl unnie!

After a few minutes a reply came

Fr:Joohyun-unnie♡

Ttyl?

To: Joohyun-unnie♡

It means talk to you later. Ttyl.

Fr: Joohyun-unnie♡

Ohhhh. Tsk kids these days making new words that make no sense. Bye Yerim, luv u.

Yeri didn't bother texting back because Irene knows that she loves her already and Yeri'll call her later. They do call each other every day. So swiping through her phone she searches for Seulgi's number, after finding it she immediately presses call. After a few rings the call was answered.

"Ummm...hello? Who's this?

"Hi unnie, this is Yeri. Irene's sister, the one you met last night."

"Ahh yeah I remember. Hi Yeri, why are you calling me and how did you get my number?" By the sound in the background it seems like Seulgi just got out of bed.

"I stole your phone when you weren't looking and got your number.....not. My sister gave it to me." Yeri jokes as she stirs her drink with a spoon.

"Well I'm alone right now and my sister insists to have company and she recommended you. So would you be so kind as to get to the cafe across unnie's workplace."

"And I should go because?"

"Because my sister will get angry at you if you don't. Plus we have a lot to talk about."

"Oh yeah sure. I'll be there in 15 minutes.

 

Amazingly Seulgi got there 12 minutes instead. Her hair was still wet and you could see it in her face that she was tired. She went to the counter and told her order before walking to where Yeri was seated.

"Did I make you wait?" She asks as she sits down.

"Not at all." Being bored right now Yeri doesn't want to rush any thing. "So you wanna ask me something?"

"If you don't mind." Seulgi replies, earning a nod from Yeri."What does Sooyoung have to do with this?" She asks right off the bat.

'Everything' was what Yeri wanted to say but instead said, "She showed up to Irene-unnie on the day that rained. They had a talk."

"But why? She shouldn't know Irene, she's a model who's too busy with schedules and Irene's someone who doesn't like attention. Why would she able to grab someone's attention as famous as  Sooyoung?"

"This is supppsed to be Irene telling you this but since she got amnesia I'll be the one. Irene and Sooyoung were best friends back in Daegu, despite their age difference they were able to be great friends. They did everything together, they helped one another, they were inseparable. Joy was a victim to one of Bogum's cheating schemes."

"But isn't Bogum older than Joy? He's my classmate and just a year younger than me." Seulgi says in confusion.

"Well she ain't got just the looks. She's smart also, she moved two grades up. Well you know how cliché things are for best friends...falling in love." Yeri says as she looks at Seulgi's expression.

"Wait.... they were together? Together together? As in couple together?" Seulgi asks.

"Yes. Aren't you shocked that my sister's gay though?" Yeri was shocked instead, being gay was something not welcomed here yet Seulgi doesn't pay that much care.

"Nope, she can love anybody she wants be it male or female. I'm not one to judge. But if she was her girlfriend why are you keeping her away from Irene?" As she kept asking questions there was something bothering Seulgi. She felt sad to know that the two was a couple yet she was happy that Irene was gay..... 'am I gay?' Seulgi wonders. 

"Ex-girlfriend that's why." Seulgi felt happy hearing that but why?

"What happened?" 

"They've been together when Irene was at the end of highschool and lasted till college. The reason they broke up was Sooyoung wanted Irene's money. After they broke up my sister was blinded by love that she tried to still stay with her but it was all for not when she found out that Sooyoung had a boyfriend. After that unnie was found at the river bank after jumping off the bridge."

Yeri let a a tear or two recalling the past. Yeri was super close with Sooyoung before, she even considered her her sister-in-law. But hearing what happened her heart was filled with hatred for that girl and as much as she could destroy her career (with her family's influence of course) she couldn't because Joohyun wouldn't like it even if Joohyun was gone.

Seulgi in the other hand was beyond pissed. Seulgi knows how hard it is to earn money in this world, she's seen her parents work day and night just to help her and here was Sooyoung who dated Irene just to gain some money. How does she live knowing she hurt someone as precious as Irene?

"That's why I'm here. Joy has made her move, luckily she introduced herself as unnie's best friend nothing more. We both have a week left till school starts and we need to make sure during that time that Sooyoung will give up keeping in touch with Irene. Soo- ughhh her name is too long. Can we call her Joy?" Saying Sooyoung was tiring even if it was only 2 syllables.

"Why the heck should we call her that?" Her name does not match at all.

"Because that was name Irene gave to her. Jist like how Irene was the name given by Joy." Yeri sighed as she remembered how happy Irene was when receiving her name, she beyong delighted. She told Yeri that only she and Joy can call her that, everyone else will call Joohyun. And now what irony, everyone calls her Irene now.

"Okay so Joy wants to talk to Irene. What's wrong? I mean I hate that girl so much more now but isn't it a good thing for them to talk. Irene may have amnesia but getting to be with Joy can help her regain her memories and she'll remember what bad things Joy has done and BOOM! She'll hate Joy."

"If only it were that easy. You're forgetting,  she loved Joy and if Joohyun was here it would be loves. I don't want Irene to remember all the bad things that happened to her. Her state when Joy broke up with her was just....depressing."

"But that's not your choice to make. If Joohyun were her she'd want to remember everything,  bad and good. And you'll never know, just because she loved her before she might not love her now. But I'll help you nonetheless." Seulgi says as she puts  out her hand.

"And what's this?" Yeri asks, she is though happy to get the support of Seulgi.

"A shake. Shake on it, that together we'll help Irene be away from Joy and we'll face the consequences together." Seulgi says with her hand still out.

"Peasant put your hand away. I shake on it but not physically." Yeri replies while raising an eyebrow. 

"Peasant?! Why you!" Seulgi immediately retrieves her hand and grumbles away before taking in her drink. If she wasn't Irene's sister she sure would have given her a piece of her mind. Seulgi was thinking the plan over her brain when she saw Yeri get out of her seat.

"Where are you going?" 

"Around Seoul, you're bringing me." Yeri says casually before heading for the exit. Seulgi who didn't even finish her drink followed right after.

"As much as I'd love to I don't have a car nor do I have enough pocket money to bring you places." Seulgi said sadly. But Yeri just let out a laugh, "I'm rich remember. I'll pay for the cab rides or bus fares, just lead the way."

Seulgi brought the younget Bae to the Han river and Gyeongbokgung Palace. Yeri was amazed with the places she was brought to, she took alot of pictures and even sang songs as they traveled. Getting to know Seulgi wasn't hard, just like her sister said, Seulgi was very friendly and outgoing.

As they were walking back to Velvet Suite Yeri's phone rang. It was her father calling.

"Ahh, Seulgi-unnie I'll just take this, you walk ahead." Seulgi didn't want to leave her alone but she could see in her eyes that she had to answer the call alone. She gave a thumbs up to Yeri before walking away, she made sure to walk slowly just in case the phone call was a quick one.

"Hi Appa! Why are you calling?" Yeri answered the phone with a positive voice.

"I just wanted to know how is your stay in Seoul? Did meet with your sister?" Mr. Bae asks.

"Oh yes. Unnie's at work now so I wasn't able to spend much time with her. But she said she'll try to make time for me."

"That's unfortunate. Hopefully you'll be able to talk to your sister about our company and how much it needs her."

Yeri let out a sigh, which her father was not able to hear. "Yes Appa, I'll try but you already know her answer." 

"You never know when she'll change her mind. She wanted it before if it weren't for the accident she would be working in Daegu instead of you." Mr. Bae replies. "Anyways, I miss you already my daughter. Come back soon okay?"

"How come you never say that about unnie? Don't you miss her too?" Yeri asks,

"Of course I do, tell your sister that then. Bye, I'll call you later after you made some progress." With that the call ended. Yeri stood at the sidewalk as other people pass by her. Yeri could see favoritism in her family, both her parents favored her instead of Irene. She recalls that she never heard her father call Irene by her name, it was always 'your sister' or 'your daughter' (to his wife) or 'you' (to Irene).

But her parents do wish for her to take over the company, Irene is smarter and more capable than Yeri. But Yeri had more communication skills than her older sister,  with the accident that occured her parents took pity on Irene so they allowed her to work as a game developer. But they've changed their minds and want her to come back.

Yeri doesn't want to disobey her parent's decision but she also doesn't want to ruin Irene's dream. What is she going to do?

With that Yeri continued her walk back to where Irene considered home. When she arrived at Irene's unit, she opened the door with her spare key that was given to her. She looked at the couch to see Irene sleeping with a horror movie playing on the TV. Yeri dropped her things and walked to her sister, she sat down on the couch and lifted Irene's head so that it could lay on her lap.

A knock was heard on the door, Yeri turned her head to see Seulgi's head showing. "I'm sorry, should I leave?" She whispers.

"Yeah, come back tomorrow. Unnie's tired." Yeri says back, as much as she liked her new unnie's company she'd like rest with her sister. Seulgi waved bye and locked the door before leaving.

"Is that true unnie? You wanted to take over the company before?" Yeri talks to herself as she combs Irene's hair with her fingers. She was so caught up on her thoughts that when she heard a scream coming from the TV, Yeri screamed herself. Unlike her sister, Yeri was horrified of horror.

"Wha? What happened?! Call 911!" Irene says as she stands up, she woke up hearing her sister's scream.

"It's nothing unnie, just a jump scare." Yeri gasps as she controls her breathing. Irene turns off the TV before grabbing Yeri's hand and bringing her to bed. "Let's sleep Yerim, after that I'll ask you what you did with Seulgi today."

"How did you know I went out with Seulgi?"

"I told you to remember? Plus she called me to talk to me about it." Irene already covered herself with the blanket.

"Appa says he missed you." Yeri states. Irene gave no reaction before replying, "That's nice, did he actually say it though?"

"Not exactly."

"That's okay, tell him I miss him too."

Yeri watches as Irene closes her eyes, and was about to follow her but then she remembered. Yeri got up and Irene gave a confused stare. Yeri justs laughs, she can see how much she wants to sleep.

"Unnie I haven't changed yet."

"Who cares?"

 

___________________________________________________

Hello again, thank you for waiting. Sorry if the update wasn't that good and if it was too short, forgive the errors I'm only human. Ya shocked? Most probs not. But yup Joyrene was a thing back in Daegu so what about now?

Thanks for the comments n subscriptions, its deeply appreciated. I'll do my best to maake the story not so slow. Until then see ya later. :)

FUN FACT:

The probability of you getting stuck in an elevator is 0.02% or 1 out of 5,000.