008 - Drink

[HAITUS] Friends.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days of orientation passed, and it’s already the last day. Eunji and Naeun got significantly closer over the few days, together with Woohyun, Sunggyu and Myungsoo who would join them sometimes when they were not required to stick to their orientation groups. Thankfully she also got closer to some of her faculty-mates, so Eunji and her weren’t left out in the group. It was all going nice for her so far.

“Did you see the number of girls stealing glances at Myungsoo again? It was crazy.” Eunji told Naeun as they walked into the gathering area beside Myungsoo, Woohyun and Sunggyu. “Well, it’s the norm for him.” She chuckled. But she could feel a slight tugging of her heartstrings as she sees the girls looking at Myungsoo.

“Ya.” Myungsoo called Naeun, which broke her train of thoughts about her weird feelings. She turned and faced him. “You know you’re going against the performing arts faculty today? For the games later.”

She frowned. “Really?”

“Yea. You might not be against him but you’ll definitely be in the same place as him. Just call me if that bastard does anything to you.” He said and ruffled her hair lightly. She clicked her tongue, annoyed at what he just did. She reached her hand and messed his hair up even more than what he did to her. “Now we’re even.” She grinned, walking away with Eunji.

 

Cute. He thought.

 

“What bastard?” Eunji asked. Naeun then realized she haven’t told Eunji about her ex yet. She sighed. “You’ll find out later.”

 

 

 

“That was intense…” Naeun commented, breathless after the match. They managed to win by a point. Eunji joined her at the bench where their bags were. “I’m out of water… I’m gonna get some. You want any?”

Naeun shook her head. “I’m fine with just my plain water.”

“You sure?” A voice said, followed by footsteps coming down from above as Eunji left. Naeun knew who it was straight away—the person she wanted to avoid so badly—Taemin.

“Y-Yea.” She replied. Taemin sat down beside her, placing a canned drink beside her feet. “What do you want?” She asked, inching away from him naturally. They haven’t met at all, ever since that day.

“I want to apologise. I haven’t been able to do so.” He paused. “I’m sorry.” He continued, “I was wrong to lie to you. I’ve always felt guilty. I hope you can forgive me.” Taemin looked at her right in the eye so she could feel his sincerity.

“C-Can we be friends?” Taemin asked carefully, and reached out his hand. She hesitated. “I really, purely just want to be friends.” He continued persuading her. “Can we?” He reached out his hand further.

She felt that there was nothing stopping her from being friends with him. What was in the past stays in the past anyways. Furthermore, she wasn’t mad at him anymore—he was under the influence of alcohol.

Naeun shook his hand, and said, “Just… give me time to get used to you… again.”

“Thank you. I will.” He said with a smile, and walked away.

“Wow what was that? Getting hit on?” Eunji smirked, as she came back from buying water. “Nah, that was my ex.”

“Wo-ah, damn. So he’s the bastard?”

“You could say so…” Naeun stated and continued to explain the relationship between them to Eunji.

“Oh man, that’s bad.”

Naeun shrugged, it doesn’t really mind her anymore.

 

“Applied Sciences faculty members, please gather.”

 

Eunji and Naeun went to join the rest, but was disturbed by a girl who seemed to be staring at the pair for quite long. “Do you have a problem?” Eunji asked the girl, who was snobbish looking and, pretty. ‘Rich and pretty’ was just written all over her face. “Oh, no... I just have a question for Naeun ssi.”

“Y-Yes?”

“Are you and Myungsoo dating?”

“That’s impossible.” Naeun almost scoffed at what she’s saying. Myungsoo is the last person she’ll date—or so she thought…

“That’s good then. I’ll see you around.” The girl smirked and walked away.

It didn’t make Naeun feel the least good at all. She felt attacked. It was as if Myungsoo was hers and she didn’t want an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter