Sick Maknae - OT13

SVT One-shots and drabbles

Related image

 

It was another normal day in the Seventeen dorm. They weren't quite actively prepping for a comeback and they weren't filming any reality shows. Well, except Jihoon. But he was always in his studio and always working, even though their next comeback wouldn't be due for at least another 3 months. Mingyu and Chan were oversleeping as they always did when they didn't have any schedules. Jeonghan was complaining about how loud everyone was so he had to wake up, even if he wanted to sleep. Even though nobody could deny that he looked content leaning on Jisoo's shoulder. It was a lazy day, but a lazy day didn't mean they could sit around all day. Seungcheol stepped away from the coin game machine they had in their dorm. 

 

"What's everyone's schedule today?" He asked, being responsible. He was the leader. If he didn't remind them, they would forget half of everything. "Hiphop unit has rap practice and lyric writing from 2:30." He stated, making sure he was heard by the younger three rappers. 

 

"Jeonghan and I have vocal practice with Jihoon at 2." Jisoo nearly whispered, voice softer than his already quite soft voice, trying not to startle a sleepy Jeonghan out of sleep. "I saw Jihoon this morning. He said he'd be back from the studio around 12." He glanced at the clock on the wall. "So he should be heading back now."

 

"Minghao and I have Korean lessons at 1:30." Junhui said, getting up from the sofa and walking towards the big room.

 

"And then Seungkwan and I have vocal too, at 4, right?" Seokmin asked Seungkwan, unsure. Seungkwan nodded with a bright smile. Everyone turned at the sound of their door being unlocked. Jihoon walked in and everyone greeted him. He walked into the living room and sat down in the empty space Jun had left.

 

"Also, I think Channie can come too if he wants to practice. That his and Soonyoung's call. Do you need him around then?" Seungcheol added to his previous statement about rap pracitce. 

 

"Depends of what he wants to do. I don't need him but it'd be nice to have him. Performance unit's chreographing at 3:30." Soonyoung replied. As a later thought he added on. "And there's group practice for however much we can cheoreograph until 5."

 

"Speaking of Chan, where is he?" Minghao asks. "It's 12, he never sleeps in that much, even Mingyu's awake now."

 

"He's right here." Said Junhui, voice slightly muffled by the walls seperating him and the living room. "Can someone come over here? Preferably Jeonghan hyung or Seungcheol hyung?" Jeonghan sat up straight at the mention of his name and rubbed his eyes. 

 

"Is he alright?" Jeonghan asked, getting off the couch, dragging Jisoo with him also. He and Seungcheol are normally called in, well, abnormal situations. If Junhui wanted to wake Chan up, he could do it himself, and if worst came to worst, Jihoon was the one who could wake everyone. Even in their room, Jihoon was normally the one who could most easily wake Mingyu up, or at least get him to turn his alarm off. Or sometimes Jeonghan would drop something in his face from the bunk above. He walked into the big room and saw Junhui sitting on the maknae's bed, said maknae still in the bed. 

 

"I think he's sick but he refuses to let me touch him too see if he has a fever," Junhui replied, glancing up at Jeonghan with worried eyes. Jeonghan nearly silently put his hand on Chan's forehead, shocking the boy.

 

"He has a fever. For sure." Jeonghan reported, now also worried.

 

"No I don't," Chan mumbled, barely audible through the blankets. "Go to your schedules, hyungs. And tell Soonyoungie hyung I'll be there to choreograph at 3:30."

 

"Yes you do," retorted Junhui, who had now also touched the maknae's forehead. "And we'll be telling Seungcheol hyung to let our manager that we aren't going to any of our schedules today."

 

"I heard my name." Seungcheol walked into the room. "What am I doing?"

 

"Telling manager hyung that Chan's sick and we'll be taking care of him." Jisoo replied. 

 

"I'll be fine!" Chan cried out. "Seungcheollie hyung, don't do it. Jeonghannie hyung, Junhui hyung, (A/N: Junhui-ie just isn't right, sorry) I'll be fine. Go to your practices. It's just a cold." Junhui tried to speak but Jeonghan shushed him with a look. 

 

"Chan, it's either you agree to this, or you go to the hospital. And I'm sure that'll get into the Carat's ears. Then they'll worry about you. Just rest today and let your hyungs take care of you, alright?" Jeonghan's voice grew a little deeper, yet softer than usual and Chan had no choice, really but to nod. He was fully aware that if he disagreed, someone would get the other 8 hyungs in here and they would all pressure him and try to convince him, and he was not all in for that. 

 

Meanwhile, Jisoo had stepped out of the room where Chan was in into the living room, where the other members started asking questions. 

 

"What happened to our baby?"

"Is he alright?"

"What happened?"

"Is it anything serious?"

"Jisoo hyung, tell us."

 

"Channie's sick." Jisoo sighed. "Can someone go and chek if there's any cold medicine and if not, can someone go buy it? We also need someone to get him a wet cloth and something to drink. I think there's extra blankets in the walk-in closet in the far room, grab one of the fluffy winter blankets. And maybe some extra pillows or cushions. We need porridge, we could order it or make it if we have the ingredients. And ask if he wants anything to eat. The poor boy must be bored too, get him something to do... Am I missing anything? Oh, someone who sleeps in the big room, grab some comfy pajamas, I think Chan fell asleep in yesterday's clothes."

 

They got themselves all organized with a task. Wonwoo checked for the cold medicine. They had some but since they didn't know what kind they needed, they decided to get more. Jihoon and Soonyoung, who were already dressed due to producing and cheoreographing in the morning volunteered to get some. Mingyu raided the kitchen for ingredients and decided that they had enough of the basics for him to get started. He wrote down some more ingredients and passes the note to Seungkwan and Hansol, who were going out to buy anything that Chan might want to eat. Minghao went to grab the blankets and they fell on him as he was pulling them down from the top of some cabinets or whatever. Seokmin helped Minghao get the blankets off of him (there were a lot and they were heavy) and grabbed some pillows. Wonwoo grabbed Chan's pajamas and threw them at Jun's face, hoping Jun would figure it out himself. Then he grabbed a hankerchief and a bowl of cold water and put them on the bedside table, leaving yet another time to grab some juice and set that on the table also. 

 

"Good news and bad news," Seungcheol reported. "Good news, we can take care of Chan and he can rest. Bad news, we have to go to our individual lessons. No choreographing though, it won't be complete without Chan."
 

"Minghao, we have to go soon, then" Junhui said to the younger Chinese boy who had switched the sick boy's original blanket to a thicker, warmer one. He nodded and both he and Junhui walked away, saying that they would be back soon.

 

Jeonghan was trying to take Chan's temperature, and after much struggle and 3 failed attempts, he got the temperature of 38.7 degrees celcius. He then handed Chan the pajamas that Junhui had given to him and told him to change and the younger, for once, complied. The 'mom' of the group turned to Seungcheol and told him to call the two who went out for medicine to tell them what to buy.

 

They just sat for a while, in semi silence, Jeonghan occasionally rewetting the handkerchief and Chan occasionally taking a sip of juice. Then Soonyoung and Jihoon burst in, with a entire bag full of medicine. Wonwoo and Seokmin laughed a little and Seungcheol raises his eyebrow.

 

"Was I not specific enough?" Seungcheol fasinated.

 

"Better safe than sorry," said Jihoon, shrugging, and Soonyoung merely nodded. 

 

Jeonghan rummaged through the bag and pulled out items. "Cough and sore throat, you don't need this, do you?" Chan shook his head."Okay. that's what I thought. Fever, yes, for sure. Headache medicine?" Chan nodded slowly. "Okay. runny nose?" He shook his head again. "Syrup or pills?" Jeonghan asked for the last time, holding up several different containers and bottles.

 

"Syrup, please. I'll choke on the pills." The maknae said sheepishly and everyone smiled at the sheer maknae-ness that Chan could have sometimes. Most times he hates being babied. Seokmin reaches and ruffles said boy's hair. Jeonghan fooled around a little with the labels and caps of the bottle before offering the exact right amout of both syrups to Chan. Chan took the syrup and downed them both, then cringed at the overly sweet anc chemical-y taste. Jisoo handed him a glass of water to erase the aftertaste that lingered. Chan took it gratefully and drank it all.

 

The door opened yet again, this time to reveal Seungkwan and Hansol, hands full of plastic bags. They stopped by the kitchen to drop off one of said bags with all the ingredients for the porridge, which Mingyu took, dug through and thanked the younger two boys for. Then they walked into the room where everyone was, causing them to stare at all the stuff they had bought. 

 

"And Seungcheollie hyung thought we went overboard..." Soonyoung grinned. 

 

"I mean, I'm pretty sure it'll get eaten soon enough, what with the people we have." Hansol shrugged and set the bags down. Nobody could argue against that. 

 

"Oh, I think it's time for us to go to our vocal lessons now, Jeonghanie, Jihoonie," said Jisoo. Jeonghan was reluctant in leaving his baby behind, but with some convincing from Seungcheol and Jisoo and Jihoon practially dragging him out, he went to vocal practice. 

 

"Anyway, Chan, what do you want to eat? We bought literally every kind of snack and sweet at the store, and then some." Hansol said and started rummaging. 

 

"Yeah. We have chocolate, hard candies, gummy candies, canned peaches, assorted fruit cocktail, ice cream of different kinds, some teas and juices, not to mention all the types of cookies and crackers ever." Seungkwan said, and Hansol would take something out as Hansol talked. 

 

"He's eating some real food first," said Mingyu, carrying the porridge that he had made himself. Wonwoo helped him sit up in his bed and propped extra cushions behind him. Mingyu set the porridge on the maknae's lap, and he ate it, after thanking the tall boy for it. While he was eating, the hiphop team had to leave for their rapping lesson. Soon after they had left, Junhui and Minghao came back, which made 6 of them in the dorm. 

 

"You should sleep, Channie," Minghao suggested and the other four nodded.

 

"Yeah. Get some rest," Seokmin added.

 

"Hopefully you'll feel better when you wake back up," Junhui said, cleaning up everything that was scattered around. Chan nodded, eyes already droopy and Seungkwan closed the curtains and turned the light off.

 

"Good night, Chan!" Seungkwan said softly.

 

"If you need us we'll be right outside," Soonyoung added.

 

"And we'll check on you often." Junhui added a last comment as he closed the door. 

 

So they spent the rest of their day doing near silent things and checking up on their sick maknae at least every 30 minutes. Jeonghan, Jisoo and Jihoon came back, and Jeonghan seemed very relieved to be back near his baby. Chan didn't wake up until the next morning.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request from @illymaisara hope you liked it! And a happy birthday to Hansol and Seokmin, may they both have great days and continue to be as great as they are now! This is my longest chapter yet, so that gives you an idea of how much I love ot13! It has no plot though, and a crappy ending, so I'm sorry. 2k words though!