Mingyu's Diary - Meanie

SVT One-shots and drabbles

DNP3IPkXUAAT6Gr.jpg

 

Mingyu was screwed. 

 

Now there were several ways he could explain that.

 

For one, his Jihoon hyung hated him. Sure, he loved him, but he hated him too. Heck, once he even tried to hit Mingyu with a guitar. (That didn't happen because his absolutely amazing and loving hyung was worried that the guitar was going to break. Of course he didn't care about him.) They did get along well enough, considering he was always the one who gave the short boy piggyback rides, being the tallest.

 

For another, his entire dorm wanted him to cook for them at any given time. Yeah, sure, he was the best cook in Seventeen, but that totally didn't mean he was up to cook for everyone else at any given time. Often, one unit or just a couple people who had practice come home later than when they have dinner and start begging him to make them noodles or really any food. Sometimes he would do it, but not very often too happily. His bandmates had to start realizing he can't always cook for them.

 

But there was one big, big reason.

 

The one and only Jeon Wonwoo.

 

Every time he saw him, (Which was really, really often) his insides felt twisted up and he felt like throwing up, but in a good way. (Yes, he knew he was bad at describing things, but this was what even thinking of the rapper did to his brain) It reminded him of how he felt at the Pledis audition. He felt like he would throw up butterflies, and those butterflies would carry him up into heaven and... And those eyes of Wonwoo's were amazing. They were nice with makeup but he looked a little too intimidating and it would scare Mingyu but he'd like it anyway. They were nicer without makeup or with really light makeup, then he didn't look so scary and rather he looked, well, like Wonwoo, that he was used to since trainee days. Wonwoo looked like a cat sometimes too. Yeah. He wasn't getting any better at thinking straight. Pun intended. But it was okay because everytime he blurted out something that made absolutely no sense, Wonwoo would give him that smile and he would melt inside all over again. 

 

There wasn't anything particularly wrong about liking Wonwoo, really. They were both openly gay. As were a lot of the other members. (Soonyoungie hyung, Jun hyung, and Minghao were also gay. Jeonghanie hyung and Jihoonie hyung were Pan. Seungcheollie hyung, Jisoo hyung and Seokmin were bi, to the best of his knowledge. At least, that's what they thought they were. Even they themselves weren't sure yet for the most part and the maknae line was still questioning.) Heck, he was pretty sure some of the members, *COUGH* Soonyoungie hyung and Jihoonie hyung *COUGH* were dating. Or pining, at least. There was something going on there.

 

He trusted all his feelings to one thing, and one thing only. His diary.

 

None of his bandmates even knew he had a diary. They would probably laugh at him if they did, though. He kept it hidden under the mattress on his bed. He was really the only one who actually took enough interest in keeping their dorm clean enough to lift any mattress up. And even he didn't make a habit out of it, so he assumed he would be safe with hiding it there. It also helped that half of what he wrote made absolutely no sense anyway, and while none of the members were dumb enough not to know what it meant after some thinking, they would have to read it over several times before most of it started making any sense at all.

 

At least, that's what he thought.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A week or so later, Seventeen had group dance practice, and as tired Mingyu was with his personal schedules, Seventeen had to come before variety shows and ads and whatnot. He hadn't been in the dorm much for the last several days, but it happened to all of them at some point. So he went to practice. Halfway through practice, he could tell Joshua looked a little anxious. The older member wasn't his best friend, but they knew each other pretty well, well enough for some to notice if there was something wrong with the other. He was surprised that someone closer to Joshua Hyung didn't ask him what was wrong though. The older boy was very close to Jeonghan, and the other vocal team members might have noticed, Seungkwan, Seokmin, or Jihoon. Jihoon wouldn't let it go easily, if his focus in vocal practice was going down, what with being the leader and all. But if the older boy looked troubled, Mingyu thought it was a good idea to talk to him.

 

After about 30 more runs of the title track, Thanks, and a couple of runs of the other songs, Soonyoung finally let the members go back to the dorm and sleep. The cheoreographer could be really determined if it came to it, and with only about a week away from their comeback, he was overworking them, and himself, more than ever. They had gotten off by 2:30am though, so Mingyu guesses the team did pretty well today. As soon as everyone goes to grab their things and head back to the dorm, Mingyu approaches the American boy and taps him gently on the arm. Joshua looks up and seems a little startled to see Mingyu there, but lets the younger boy whisper into his ear.

 

"Can I talk to you at the dorm or something?" Joshua nodded, and a pleased Mingyu walked away to get his stuff. He was thinking about what on earth could make Joshua troubled like that. He was generally pretty easy going and Joshua being stessed and bottling his feelings up were nearly unheard of. That went on for the entire ride back to the dorm. 

 

The ride to the dorm felt like 10 years to Mingyu, although it was really only 10 minutes. As they went stepped into their now bigger dorm, some members called first shots on showers and others decided to wait, or rather decided they'd shower in the morning, since there were 3 bathrooms and 13 of them. As everyone got to get organized, Mingyu pulled Joshu aside to the kitchen. The kitchen was his territorry. He cooked, nearly nobody else did. SO it was an unspoken agreement that Mingyu sorta owned their kitchen for the most part. The older boy calmly let himself be dragged by the taller one.

 

"Hey hyung, are you alright?" Mingyu quiried in a soft tone, rummaging in the cupboard for two mugs.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine." That surprised Mingyu. He could tell that something was clearly up with the vocal. He grabbed the electronic teapot and poured some water in it to boil and clicked it on, then grabbed some teabags before the other spoke again. "I want to tell you something, though."

 

"Okay," Mingyu said, while shuffling through the teabags. "But first, what tea would you like?"

 

"Anything without caffein please. I need my sleep. And I recommend you do the same, honestly." Mingyu hummed in agreement and grabbed a nice decaf herbal tea mix for both of them. Joshua watched as he poured the boiling water into the mugs and dropped the teabags in. He handed one to Joshua. "Thanks."

 

"No problem. Anyway, you were saying?"

 

"You were busy the last several days, and well, you know how these guys are, they never bother to clean up. So I decided to do some cleaning and laundry, because I can't stand the dirtiness, you know that, right?"

 

"Yeah." Mingyu did not like where this was headed.

 

"I kinda washed all the sheets," Joshua stated, feeling empathetic for his dongsaeng.

 

"Oh." Mingyu fell silent.

 

"Yeah." Now they both had a moment of pause, so awkward that Mingyu just wanted to jump up and start screaming.

 

"So do you know now?" Mingyu asked tentatively after about a minute of them sipping tea in the silence.

 

"Wonwoo? Yeah." Joshua again felt bad that he had found Mingyu's diary. But he had to was the sheets, too many of them had a habit of eating in bed, and eating in beds that weren't even theirs, just the most convenient. And they weren't the neatest eaters.

 

"Oh." Then fell another thick, tea-sipping period of quiet.

 

"It's okay. I won't tell anyone though." Joshua finally broke the silence, hoping it would make the younger feel at least a little better. 

 

"Thanks." Mingyu muttered.

 

"No problem. It's only right anyway." 

 

"Still... Imagine if Seungkwan was the one who got his hand on that." Mingyu said, now feeling relieved that the one who knew was his more considerate and less gossipy hyung. 

 

"Ah..." Joshua shaked his head in the mere thought of Seungkwan reading Mingyu's diary. "You know though, I get the feeling he likes you too, Wonwoo."

 

"Really?" They younger one suddenly looked up from his tea, eyes open wide. It was cute, he was just like a puppy. 

 

"Yeah really. I wouldn't joke about that, Mingyu." Joshua said, and he really meant it. Then came a call for Joshua from Jeonghan. "Well, I gotta go now. Have a good night." Mingyu uttered a quick reply of the sort back, clearly distracted. He now stood alone in the kitchen, drinking tea, until Minghao called him for his trun to shower. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After his shower, Mingyu found himself in front of Wonwoo. He barely remembers why he decided to do this, but it was too late to back away now.

 

"Mingyu you had something to say?" Asked the older, who was eversoslightly bemused by the act of the younger. Mingyu whimpers like a puppy and nods, th other boy sitting a little too close for proper brain function, and he could smell his cirtus body wash.

 

"I.." He was an idiot. But a lovestruck idiot, and it was too damn late not to do this anymore. "I uh, I like you Wonwoo. Not like friends like but like I like like you?" Huh. He supposed it wasn't the worst he could've done.

 

"Really?" Wonwoo asked, genuine surprise overpowering the usual sorta sly smirk he had on.

 

"Yeah..." Mingyu trailed off, no longer so sure about his decision.

 

"You idiot, I tried to give you so many hints! Well, at least this is happening now and not never." Mingyu was even more confused now.

 

"So you like me too?" Mingyu's brain had long since turned into a bowl of Jell-O.

 

"Of course I do, little puppy." Wonwoo said, ruffling Mingyu's hair. 

 

"I can kiss you now?" Mingyu asked like an excited puppy and Wonwoo nodded, and soon after he was attacked by Mingyu in a breathtaking kiss. Mingyu took a mental note to thank Joshua later. When they finally broke apart, Mingyu asked again, "so are we boyfriends now?"

 

"Of course, Gyu." Wonwoo relplied, sly grin back on his face. He ruffled Mingyu's hair one more time. "Go to sleep now, we have schedules tomorrow."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unedited because I wanted to get this out before the comeback. So granted, I wrote most of it at 12, but I liked writing it, mostly because plot?! For the first time in forever?! So this was fun, and pretty long, hope you Meanie shippers enjoy and leave me a request inthe comments please!