Puns - Cheolsoo

SVT One-shots and drabbles

Image result for cheolsoo

“Cheollie, can you pass me my lyric papers?” Jisoo asked Seungcheol, pointing to the paper sitting at the far end of the table.

 

”Sure,” Seungcheol replied, handing the paper to the younger. 

 

“You want to hear a joke about paper?” Jisoo grinned. “Nah, never mind. It’s tearable.”  Seungcheol groaned. 

 

“Jisoo, no.” Seungcheol never really appreciated Jisoo’s dad jokes or puns. The older shook his head and looked down at the rap lyrics he was writing. Since his head was down, he didn't notice Jisoo's face falling a little and his usual smile fading for a quick second. 

 

"I have to go," Jisoo said without much explanation and left. Seungcheol waved goodbye to his boyfriend and focused back on his lyrics. After a while, Hansol slid into the seat beside him.

 

"Hey." The younger said simply. Hansol was sometimes a little like he never grew out his rebellious teenager stage. They knew he meant well though, and the other times, he acted his actual age so they were fine with it. 

 

"How's your lyrics?" The leader asked, peering at the other's papers. Hansol angled the paper in his hand toward Seungcheol as an answer. Seungcheol read the lyrics. Hansol was always good at writing lyrics. He was the best of them to write sadder lyrics. Wonwoo was the poet, he could image pretty and artistic things through his lyrics. Mingyu's lyrics sound real and sincere. He pours all his feeling and emotion into them. Seungcheol is sort of like their multiplayer, as Jihoon told him. He was alright at any genre, really. He was just particularly stuck on this one. The oldest let out a soft sigh when he had seen that the youngest member of their unit had finished his lyrics already and they had been skillfully written. 

 

"You having problems?" The younger asked, having peered at the other's barely written on sheet. Seungcheol nodded. "Hey where's Joshua hyung?" Hansol and Jisoo were more used to each other's English names, Vernon and Joshua. Jisoo liked speaking English with the younger since it was more comfortable for him. 

 

"He left. Didn't explan why." Seungcheol explained, earning a confused look from the younger that quickly seemed to go away.

 

"Okay.." He trailed off. The hiphop team's maknae suddenly seemed uncomfortable with sitting there with the leader. "I'm gona go find Seungkwannie." Hansol said, a different look crossing into his face, one that could be read as love. The two 21 year olds clearly loved, or at the very least liked, each other. Neither ever admitted it though, even there was no reason for them not to date. The feeling was clearly mutual and both their group and the company was fine with gay relationships within the group. It usually ends up in less haters compared to straight relationships anyway. 

 

"Cool. I'm gonna see if Wonwoo can help me." Seungcheol replied and the younger left. As if he had been summoned by saying his name, Wonwoo appeared with Mingyu. Seungcheol did happen to be in the hiphop unit's usual lyric writing table. Both grabbed chair and sat down. "You guys still writing?"

 

"I'm halfway through and Mingyu hasn't even started." The older of the two answered, jabbing the taller in the ribs as he said his name. Seungcheol sighed in relief that he wasn't the only one way behind.

 

They bounced some ideas back and forth for a good 30 minutes before they had a rough idea of all of their raps. 

 

"Hey, Cheol hyung, what's up with Shua hyung?" Wonwoo asked.

 

"What do you mean? I saw him an hour ago, he was fine." The oldest answered, confused. 

 

"Hyung and I saw him when we were coming here and he looked sorta upset." the youngest of the three added.

 

"Maybe we're overanalyzing though. He just wasn't smiling like he usually does." Wonwoo explained. 

 

"Okay." Seungcheol said, not convinced by Wonwoo's reasoning.

 

It took them another 30 minutes to finish the lyrics and Mingyu and Wonwoo promised to get his finalized with theirs. The oldest then went to look for his boyfriend. After looking around the company for a couple of minutes, he found the younger in one of the small vocal practice rooms, hugging his legs and staring at the wall. Seungcheol knocked on the door causing the American boy to look up. Slowly, he got up from his chair and opened the door a crack, allowing the older to let himself in. He did so and pulled up a chair next to Jisoos', after closing the door. He put an arm around the younger's shoulder.

 

"Hey what's up?" He asked, clearly the younger was upset.

 

"I'm alright." Jisoo replied simply which worried Seungcheol more.

 

"I know something's wrong, Jisoo. C'mon, tell me," Seungcheol said. "Did I do something?"

 

"It's not your fault, Cheollie. I'm just overthinking." Jisoo said softly, still not meeting the leader's eyes.

 

"What is it that you're overthinking Shua?" The oldest continued to inquire the other. 

 

"It's just that, well..." Jisoo pauses for a while, thinking of the best wording to put his thought in so that he didn't seem like a complete idot. "You never like stuff I say, you know?" Seungcheol raised an eyebrow, which Jisoo took as a message that he hadn't been quite clear enough. He took a deep breath and tried to stop the tears from fallling. "Whenever I say any jokes or puns or anything, you never really like them. And I don't really know if you like, want me to stop, but it's become like a habit and I feel like you hate me whenever I say them and.... and... I'm sorry Cheollie," Jisoo (WORD I FORGOT), bursting into tears soon after. 

 

"No, Jisoo." The older said, dumbfoundedly, wrapping his other arm also around the younger. "No, Jisoo. If anyone should be sorry, it's me for not having a good sense of humour and not catching onto your feelings quick enough." 

 

"So you're not mad?" Jisoo asked, looking up at Seungcheol with tears in his eyes, his long lashes wet from them. 

 

"Of course not. Now come here." Seungcheol comforted the younger, pulling him into his lap and hugging the still-crying, albeit softer, boy. The American boy melted right into his boyfriend's lap. "I'm sorry baby," the older repeated over and over as he threaded his fingers through Jisoo's hair. He let his hand slide back a bit further down to where the younger's head met his neck and tilted his head upwards. They locked eyes before Seungcheol bent down and met his lips to Jisoo's in a soft embrace. "I love you a latte, Jisoo." Jisoo hit him lightly on the head, but he was smiling.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am officially the worst author ever. This was requested a while ago by @me_loveshu and I was stuck on this forever and promised myself I would get this out before anything else, but gave me writer's block at 5 different points, so it's real y. I'm so sorry guys. You're all welcome to yell at me.