Pairings and Fanfics - Soonhoon

SVT One-shots and drabbles

 

 

 

I NEED REQUESTS!

 

Image result for soonhoon

 

Woozi's PoV

 

In my defence, I was bored. Bored? You might think, Woozi, aren't you the producer of Seventeen? Shouldn't you be making songs, or writing lyrics, or practicing dances? How do you even have time to be bored? Well, you're right. Since Seventeen is getting more popular, none of us really have much free time or time to be bored. But when other members are taking showers, that's some time that usually gets put to no good use. By then, everyone's too tired to do anything much productive.

 

I was just doing normal stuff, I guess. This is a secret, but celebrities like looking themselves up online. It's fun. Hurtful, sometimes, but you have to get used to that at some point. It doesn't bother me anymore. Ugly, short, worthless, talentless, I've heard it all, but it's hard to get upset over something you know isn't even true. Yeah, you might call me a bit big headed for this, but I know I'm not talentless.  I'm not worthless. If I was, Pledis wouldn't have taken me it. It's Pledis. They know what they're doing, everyone says so. Yeah, sure, I'm replaceable, but if I was worthless then I'd have already been replaced. Short? I'm well aware of that. Ugly? Looks aren't the only thing that matter, and beauty is a subjective topic. What I'm trying to get at, though, is that I was searching up Seventeen and our members' names on Naver. It gives you all sorts of weird conspiracy theories and whatnot, and it's a never-ending well of entertainment for me. 

 

So there I was, going through all of our names our names one by one. And then, that's when it happened. I searched up Seventeen and in the auto-fill was something called couplings. I pressed it, out of curiosity. Making what is probably the worst decision of my life. I pressed the first link that had shown up.

 

It was a Naver blog entry. And it was about me and Soonyoung, which is fine up to there. Soonyoung and I are good friends and everything, in predebut days we would sometimes choreograph together, and before the 95 liner hyungs joined, we were the ones taking care of the younger ones.

 

The problem was how this fan interpreted our friendship.

 

And it wasn't really as a friendship.

 

Essentially, they were shipping me and Soonyoung. As a couple.

 

And as weird as it was, it was intriguing. All of our "moments" and "interactions" on stage or at concerts and at fan signs or fan meetings and TV shows or literally anywhere with a camera had been analyzed to see what each and every single thing meant. The funniest part was that the more I read it, the more even I was convinced, and if these people weren't me and Soonyoung, I'd have believed it.

 

Which led me to then thinking.

 

Does it look so real because it is real?

 

Maybe it did.

 

Maybe we're not as straight as Kpop would like us to be.

 

The Carats gave me lots of food for thought. I soon learned that "Couplings" as the are called (A/N: In Korea they are! I did research aka reading fanfics in Korean) are pretty common in the Kpop world. In our group, some of the most popular ones were Mingyu and Wonwoo, Vernonnie and Seungkwannie, Junhui and Minghao, Seungcheollie hyung and Jeonghannie hyung, Joshua hyung and Jeonghannie hyung, Seungcheollie hyung and me, and Soonyoungie and me. And there was these things called fanfics, which were exactly what the name suggested. Fan written pieces of fiction. In which these so called couples are real. I read some of those too. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

We were in dance practice. Not group practice, no. It was 3 in the morning and everyone but me, Soonyoung, Chan, Minghao and Vernon had some other vocal or rap practice or were writing lyrics or back at the dorm, resting. I had been making songs a lot for the last couple of weeks, sometimes resulting in me missing the group dance practices. So here I was with Soonyoung and Chan who were teaching me the entire second half of one of the songs I had missed the practice for. Thankfully, I'm on the faster side when it comes to learning, so I was able to follow along pretty well for the most part. I did get distracted though. By how well Soonyoung, with the help of his performance team, had made the choreography. By how good he looked doing it. And by the damn thoughts the Carats had planted into my head. Our maknae was clearly tired and got a little bit mad at me because he know I could do better and so did I. Every time Chan got mad, though, Soonyoung covered me with something along the lines of "Don't be so hard on him, nobody's perfect," or "Chan, he does so many things for us. Give him a break." Which definitely did not help my daydreaming. 


10 minutes later, Minghao left for Korean lessons.

15 minutes later, Vernon left for the dorm, and Soonyoung told Dino to go with him and get some rest, leaving me and Soonyoung alone in the studio.

30 minutes later, Soonyoung gave up on the last 30 seconds of choreography. 

 

"Jihoon, what's wrong?" He asked in a genuinely concerned tone, which I would have thought impossible with how many times I had messed up in the last 2 hours. 

 

"I'm fine. Just tired. Can we go home now?" Soonyoung didn't seem very convinced by my not-so-good acting skills, but he just nodded and we headed back to the dorm. I breathed a sigh in relief, having been very very close to spilling everything to Soonyoung. But then that would mess up everything I had ever had with Soonyoung, our friendship and our general partnership that came for working together for years. Seventeen would be messed up if the producer and choreographer couldn't even cooperate. And for those reasons I couldn't say a thing. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A week or so later, I had one song done and checked over by Bumzu hyung, ready to record. And we would record today. I was thankful that the Pledis staff members who distribute lines "with me" (I don't actually have very much say in it) actually listened to my suggestion of giving more lines to the members who didn't get as much in the other song, like Minghao, Jun, Joshua and Chan. I had already gone through the recordings of Mingyu, Jeonghannie hyung, Seokminnie, Channie, Wonwoo and Seungcheollie hyung. As Cheollie hyung left, I told him to call in the next member, whoever was on the schedule next. We always had a schedule for recording, just because or else people would be missing their training and lessons and whatnot. 

 

In walked Soonyoung, with his lyrics paper, which had a lot of crinkles - evidence of practice. Soonyoungie, even though he was the leader of the performance team, was a good singer and he ended up getting some number of relatively higher notes. He walked into the reocording booth, pu on the headphones and waited. I told him that I was just going to play his parts and that he could just get the hang of it for now. After 7 or 8 minutes, surprisingly fast, we were done the recording. Soonyoung walked out of the booth but instead o leaving, he walked towards me.

 

"Jihoonie, are you alright?" Soonyoung asked me for the umpteenth time.

 

"Yeah. You're asking me that a lot." I replied.

 

"I don't know why but something just seems off about you. Maybe I'm just being an idiot though." He said in an apologetic manner.

 

"You're not being an idiot." I said firmly, slightly upset that he would say that about himself when he definitely wasn't anywhere near being an idiot. 

 

"Okay. I'll leave now, I guess." Soonyoung started walking towards the door.

 

"Wait" Why on EARTH am I like this??

 

"Why?" Soonyoung turned back towards me, leaning against my desk.

 

"Soonyoung-ah, do you know what couplings are?" I asked. Too late to back out now, I guess. 

 

"Yeah, after all, you know me, I'm a Shinee nerd." I sighed in relief, knowing that I didn't have to explan the most awkward part.

 

"You know we have them too?" I asked, trying to think of the easiest way to explan why Soonyoung and I may not be talking to a very suspicious Seungcheol hyung.

 

"I mean, yeah, probably, we have fans and they do stuff.." Soonyoung dragged on, what he had just said sinking into his brain.

 

"Okay. listen to me." Soonyoung nodded. "You're right. Seventeen has ships or couplings, whatever you're gonna call them. And this is idiotic since I don't even know if you're... Anyway, there's a lot of them. But one of them are you and me. And I saw the moments and whatever and they look almost real and . I don't mind if you'll hate me after this because I'd hate me too. And you're probably straight and even if you weren't, you wouldn't be into me, of all people. But what I'm trying to say is, I kinda like you?" Soonyoung smiled. He was probably going to blackmail me now. I hung my head, expecting the worst.

 

"It took you long enough to notice, you know." That was not what I had been expecting.

 

"What.... Do you mean?" I said, slightly confused.

 

"It means, I like you too, you little dense fluffball." I tried to kill him for calling me a fluffball, but it's really hard to kill someone when they're kissing you and you're kissing them and you want them to continue kissing you. So I let Soonyoung go for calling me a fluffball.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's really bad. The first 1000 words have absolutely no plot and the other 600 or so all the plot is crammed in. I just wanted to finish this before the weekend and honestly I didn't even know what was going to happen before I typed it out.